'A-list' MFC

suzie

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because when we read about people dissing Mika, we can come on here to be healed of our sadness. It's good to know who exactly supports Mika in the entertainment world.

What I would like to suggest is...

We only list the people who we know, for sure, have supported Mika or said good things about him. We need to put Jools Holland on the list, because he called, The Mighty M, "The multi-talented Mika", and I'm surprised he wasn't on the list. Also, what about the two people from Shameless. I don't know their names, but they love Mika. Also, Peaches Geldorf has been one of his animals. I think she must like him. :boxed:

I don't think it's a good idea to put people on the list who we think MIGHT have supported Mika, if they had not died. They may have done so,or maybe not, we don't really know. I think the list needs to be, people who we know for certain, are supporters of Mika and his work.:thumb_yello:

Ok, I will definitely add Jools Holland and in the musicians section..:thumb_yello:

Talking about sections, I am not sure of the other artists / industry related section is actually the right word, since I am sure Dustin Hoffman would be rather shocked to see his name along Tommy Mottola and Kelly Osbourne.... we might need to give it a second thought...

as for Peaches Geldof: is she really A list? I wouldn't mind adding his dad, though, but that needs proof...

So this one actually takes us back to the original mail. Perhaps I was not so clear or people misinterpreted the idea but this list only include well-known people who have publically expressed their admiration for Mika...so, John Lennon does not qualify:cool:

Do Alex Zane and Alexa Chung count??

Alexa Chung could go on the list too. And possibly Matt Bellamy from Muse.

Alexa Chung - I think she is just doing her job really, isn't she?

Alex Zane??? Who's that?

Matt Bellamy - perhaps more evidence is needed than just the handshake on a photo.... If evidence surfaces I'll be most happy to add him, though....:cool:

Because when we read about people dissing Mika, we can come on here to be healed of our sadness. It's good to know who exactly supports Mika in the entertainment world.

I totally agree Marilyn; I need this thread, to remind me of all the talented and knowledgeable and unpretentious people in the industry who recognise Mika's worth.:punk:

As opposed to the numpties out there who diss Mika because it's the in-thing to do, or because they just don't like him (fair enough) but feel the need to verbally abuse him at every opportunity.:thumbdown:

*still in awe of Michael Stipe's endorsement :wub2: *

Alexa Chung - I think she is just doing her job really, isn't she?

Alex Zane??? Who's that?

Hihihi, you're right. In that case, Alex Zane is doing his job, too... (Alex Zane from PopWorld, the one in the Roxercise video with Mika, he's a journalist and a humourist).

I've heard that Kanye West said that Mika is his fashion icone for 2007.

I don't have any proof for that,so...it's up to you:thumb_yello:

I heard that too, it's been widely quoted, I think Kanye needs to be on the list...:wink2:

.... not sure... this comment is not music related, is it?

I'm sure that sooner or later there will be a large number of up-and-coming singers and soapstars saying how cute he is... but it does not qualify...

:cool:

List updated with Calvin Harris and structure changed : 'legends' in one group and 'the rest' in another:wink2:

Yes, that's good, because I like it when legends appreciate Mika. In years to come, on the fan site of some new young pop star, MIKA'S NAME WILL BE IN THE LEGEND'S LIST!!.

Love today, from Marilyn

Bob Dylan. :mf_rosetinted:

(Although I really have no idea how he feels about Mika. :bleh:)

:roftl:

(i'd like to know how he feels about his music too though...and in the same time how Joan Baez feels about it as well haha...)

to the list you can add Lindsay Lohan, she is a huge fan of his music and maybe not only his music...

:roftl:

(i'd like to know how he feels about his music too though...and in the same time how Joan Baez feels about it as well haha...)

to the list you can add Lindsay Lohan, she is a huge fan of his music and maybe not only his music...

i didnt know that!!!!! where did u here that lindsay lohan is fan of mika!

I was thinking about Marc Jacobs, because he's named a bag after Mika.

Are you sure that bag was named after 'our' Mika? I mean, Mika is a common first name in some countries.... Similarly, if we happen to see some MIKA shelves in next year's IKEA catalogue, I don't think we should automatically put Ingvar Kamprad on the list..:cool:

Bob Dylan. :mf_rosetinted:

(Although I really have no idea how he feels about Mika.)

Yes it would be interesting to know what Bob Dylan and Joan Baez think about him, but we will probably never learn about that as they don't tend to give many interviews or rarely mention / get asked about today's music scene.

I think I heard Madonna in something Mika-related.

Oh and don't mind the George Michael comment, I just thought he might like Mika's music :P

I think it would be nice of Madonna if she wore a T-shirt with 'Mika' printed on it ... That would most definitely raise awareness especially in the US... I remember, Madonna wearing that Kylie shirt at an award show boosted Kylie's popularity immensely.:thumb_yello:

As for George Michael , I am sure he adores Mika's songwriting skills but I doubt he will ever say anything about him... for several reasons:cool:

to the list you can add Lindsay Lohan, she is a huge fan of his music and maybe not only his music...[/font][/b]

As far as I remember, she was the first 'artist' Tommy Mottola signed for Casablanca, so I am not sure if her enthusiasm is for real or part of her contract ... :naughty:...also, Greg Wells co-produced her second album... :cool:

Are you sure that bag was named after 'our' Mika? I mean, Mika is a common first name in some countries.... Similarly, if we happen to see some MIKA shelves in next year's IKEA catalogue, I don't think we should automatically put Ingvar Kamprad on the list..:cool:

Yes it would be interesting to know what Bob Dylan and Joan Baez think about him, but we will probably never learn about that as they don't tend to give many interviews or rarely mention / get asked about today's music scene.

I think it would be nice of Madonna if she wore a T-shirt with 'Mika' printed on it ... That would most definitely raise awareness especially in the US... I remember, Madonna wearing that Kylie shirt at an award show boosted Kylie's popularity immensely.:thumb_yello:

As for George Michael , I am sure he adores Mika's songwriting skills but I doubt he will ever say anything about him... for several reasons:cool:

As far as I remember, she was the first 'artist' Tommy Mottola signed for Casablanca, so I am not sure if her enthusiasm is for real or part of her contract ... :naughty:...also, Greg Wells co-produced her second album... :cool:

I was only kidding about GM...............

What are the reasons?

Toilets/parks?

Not discussing certain subjects?

What?

I was only kidding about GM..............

:blink: So that was a joke....

Well, maybe if Mika was 20 years older (sorry, that’s a joke, too :naughty:)

What are the reasons?

Toilets/parks?

Not discussing certain subjects?

:no:

I meant that he usually picks female singers with great voices as his favourites. Mika is his ’rival’, so I would never expect GM talk about how much he likes the ’Maestro’...

But most importantly, the reason why I think there is no chance of Mika ever becoming George Michael’s choice of outstanding songwriter /performer is that I cannot imagine him ever overcoming his prejudice against anyone with any connection to Tommy Mottola .... and I wouldn’ t be surprised if Jerry was on his hate-list, too...:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177747,00.htmldita_won_teese2.jpg

Dita Von Teese, sipping on a cocktail and dancing to Mika's single "Grace Kelly" at the U.K. artist's show at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles. Earlier in the evening, she applauded like crazy after Mika sang "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" – and had plus-size women shake it onstage.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20177747,00.htmldita_won_teese2.jpg

Dita Von Teese, sipping on a cocktail and dancing to Mika's single "Grace Kelly" at the U.K. artist's show at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles. Earlier in the evening, she applauded like crazy after Mika sang "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" – and had plus-size women shake it onstage.

Cool!:naughty:

added :thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

.... not sure... this comment is not music related, is it?

I'm sure that sooner or later there will be a large number of up-and-coming singers and soapstars saying how cute he is... but it does not qualify...

:cool:

To be honest, I think people who admire Mika's sense of style should be on the list, but maybe in a different section. We've all been hurt by comments about Mika's fashion sense, and even the stylish outfit he wore for The Grammys has been dissed!

Also, I think we all know Mika isn't just a musician anymore, he is a Style Icon! People are starting to want to know what he's going to be wearing when he attends awards etc. He's the most noticeable male at every function because of his own sense of style. Whether people like it or not!

So yes. I think Kanye West should be on a list of people who see Mika as a style Icon.

To be honest, I think people who admire Mika's sense of style should be on the list, but maybe in a different section. We've all been hurt by comments about Mika's fashion sense, and even the stylish outfit he wore for The Grammys has been dissed!

Also, I think we all know Mika isn't just a musician anymore, he is a Style Icon! People are starting to want to know what he's going to be wearing when he attends awards etc. He's the most noticeable male at every function because of his own sense of style. Whether people like it or not!

So yes. I think Kanye West should be on a list of people who see Mika as a style Icon.

Ok, I have created a separate section and also put Sophie Ellis Bextor there.. not sure if I should remove her from the other list. I only remember her commenting on Mika's style early last year or perhaps it was at the Q awards...