'A-list' MFC

suzie

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Though already added a month ago, I just want to enclose further proof from his website:

http://www.mckellen.com/epost/bits/080304.htm

MIKA AT THE BRITS

Q: Not so much a question, more of a thanks for the MIKA comment - my girlfriend and I thought it was hysterical!

A: Before announcing the Arctic Monkeys as Best British Band, I confided that I had gone to the Brits last week in the hope of meeting Mika, another of the winners. Immediately after, I found him waiting for me at the backstage reception where I also met his mother and siblings. He invited me to see the final gig of his 18 month tour, at Brixton Academy, which was a fantastical party. Mika is a wonderful song-writer and showman and I'm looking forward to his second album.

:thumb_yello: God save Ian

I wonder if he mingled with us?

Don't think so really, but it makes you realise how much is going on behind the scenes. Maybe that's why we had a long wait :)

• 4 weeks later...
u should add Puffy :naughty:

:blink:

Why?

...sorry, I have been rather busy lately and have not read all posts...

... However, I do realise I should add Stella McCarney perhaps as she invited him to her party... (or maybe not - we did not add Lily Allen, either..)

Why?

...sorry, I have been rather busy lately and have not read all posts...

... However, I do realise I should add Stella McCarney perhaps as she invited him to her party... (or maybe not - we did not add Lily Allen, either..)

dunno i heard that they sent him flowers..that's what bluesky said i think

and in the cell phone vid mika's phone was full of puffy stuff

• 3 months later...

I love this thread. Stephen King!

These are probably not definate enought to go on the list, but nice to talk about-

In the "I got life" clips from Jools Hootenay David Tennant was certainly enjoying Mika, so was Lenny Henry (although other people can be seen TALKING through the song!)

In a recent Anne Hathaway interview/profile/thingy in one of the UK fashion mags (Elle? Marie Claire?) the reporter described the room he was invited into, including the Mika CD near her player

In a recent Anne Hathaway interview/profile/thingy in one of the UK fashion mags (Elle? Marie Claire?) the reporter described the room he was invited into, including the Mika CD near her player

Really? Sweet :punk:

• 3 months later...

What about Russell T Davies? (Head writer on Dr Who)

I've just got Dr Who, The Writers Tale and Mika's all over Chapter 1- it's even subtitled In which Mika is inspiring

He writes:

Well, no, the real truth is, I'm sitting here listening to Mika's album, Life in Cartoon Motion. I like Mika. Oh, a lot. Just listen to... In any other world/ You could tell the difference. That's a Doctor Who companion song! That's 'I'm going in the TARDIS'! And then those violins start. 'Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in.' That's Penny! [He wasn't expecting Donna to come back so is planning a new companion] I'm going to use that track on screen as she decides to become the companion...

But Donna did come back, so Mika didn't get his big moment (though he's often heard on Dr Who Confidential)

(The guy he's writing to emails back and says:

I Googled him... he has weird shaped toes

Later Russell T writes:

I've been playing Mika constantly, always going back to Track 6. If I'm really not going to censor myself, the the sheer fancying of that man, right now, is powerful. Ha! ha! You see, I just said 'ha ha' because I find it embarrassing to relate... It's not just a passive funny 'I fancy Mika' it's a very vivid image of him. Oh, in every detail... All those thoughts about sex are intrinsically, part of the process- an equal and steady beat underneath Penny's mum, alien hunts, and housing estates.

It looks like a brilliant book, actually, even if Mika wasn't in it, but I'm putting it away now until 14 Dec because it's a Christmas pressie. Dr Who, MIka and an answer to the question "Where do you get your ideas from?" I'm in heaven.

Edited by Soaring Simpson

What about Russell T Davies? (Head writer on Dr Who)

I've just got Dr Who, The Writers Tale and Mika's all over Chapter 1- it's even subtitled In which Mika is inspiring

He writes:

But Donna did come back, so Mika didn't get his big moment (though he's often heard on Dr Who Confidential)

(The guy he's writing to emails back and says:

Later Russell T writes:

It looks like a brilliant book, actually, even if Mika wasn't in it, but I'm putting it away now until 14 Dec because it's a Christmas pressie. Dr Who, MIka and an answer to the question "Where do you get your ideas from?" I'm in heaven.

HEY!

my friend was reading a dr. who book last year, and read me a bit out of the end of it. a character was talking about how they liked grace kelly by mika! :naughty:

i don't know if that is the same book, just thought that was interesting...:naughty:

• 3 months later...

Bump!

As promised....:wink2:

As I haven't visited the MFC for quite a while, there have been a number of artists who rose to fame only in recent months and were missing from this list ..

So I could finally proudly add them:

Katy Perry :thumb_yello:(previously only a friend):wink2:

Lady Gaga :thumb_yello:

+the ones I forgot previously: Adele, Natasha Beddingfield

+ L.A. Reid - because of that picture ... (it's good to have powerful friends:naughty:)

Any further recommendations are welcome, but please note that this is an A-list MFC , so 'C-lebrities' will not be included:cool:

Not sure about Josh Groban.. Is he a friend / fan or just keeps hanging out with Perez?

What about that guy that made his shoes?

You're right Marilyn! I think Christian Louboutin should be on the list too! :thumb_yello:

Here is an extract taken from the French magazine "Le Figaro Madame" in November 2008 :

Interviewer: "What music do you listen to?"

Christian LOUBOUTIN: "Mika, for one year. I really look forward to his new album, because I begin to saturate."

ChristianLOUBOUTIN.jpg

You're right Marilyn! I think Christian Louboutin should be on the list too! :thumb_yello:

Here is an extract taken from the French magazine "Le Figaro Madame" in November 2008 :

Interviewer: "What music do you listen to?"

Christian LOUBOUTIN: "Mika, for one year. I really look forward to his new album, because I begin to saturate."

ChristianLOUBOUTIN.jpg

Something I'd love to know, is has he not made himself a pair of shoes?

• 4 weeks later...