Three Little Pigs Offensive ...

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT GET ME STARTED on political correctness rubbish, I think the whole thing is just pathetic no wonder poor little ?? (cant put a name here in case I offend a person who just so happens to ahve the same name)!! thinks the world OWES him I'm sorry (NOT) but it's a big bad world and it's not all pink and fluffy, ppl DIE ppl are mean life is NOT always fiar and it's NOT good for you to ALWAYS get what you want in life arrrrrgh whats the world coming to!!!!

goes off muttering to herself in a right paddy now at the stupidity of it all.

DONT GET ME STARTED on political correctness rubbish, I think the whole thing is just pathetic no wonder poor little ?? (cant put a name here in case I offend a person who just so happens to ahve the same name)!! thinks the world OWES him I'm sorry (NOT) but it's a big bad world and it's not all pink and fluffy, ppl DIE ppl are mean life is NOT always fiar and it's NOT good for you to ALWAYS get what you want in life arrrrrgh whats the world coming to!!!!

goes off muttering to herself in a right paddy now at the stupidity of it all.

Its gone insane :boxed:

At work our Christmas cards cant say Happy Christmas , they must say Happy Winter Vacation .. in case we offend people

Three little pigs . . a classic childrens nursery ryhme .. and now its banned :shocked:

Its gone insane :boxed:

At work our Christmas cards cant say Happy Christmas , they must say Happy Winter Vacation .. in case we offend people

Three little pigs . . a classic childrens nursery ryhme .. and now its banned :shocked:

Oh my gosh, ive heard of that.

Yeah, and have you heard about Snow White being changed to Snow White and the People of the Forest instead of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs?? (in case it offended dwarfs).

No word of a lie. Its so stupid!

And at school, we had to call Christmas, Winter Festival or something too.

Im not strictly a Christian, yet it does not offend me.

Unbelievable. It was one of my favourites when I was little.

Books shouldn't be banned for whatever reason, and surely not for a stupid one like this. I'm upset by this, I am a librarian ! :boxed:

Same here! My gradnfather used to read me this story every night before I went to bed. I just can't believe they ban a fairy tale, especially such a nice one...how stupid is that??:boxed:

oh **** off! they dont eat pork SO WHAT. The pigs dont actually get eaten do they, and its a FECKIN CHILDREN'S STORY. And what? they gonna stop selling pork in OUR local shops and supermarkets????

It's a disgrace. Even baa baa black sheep is offensive too because it's black. The black sheep isnt being discriminated! It's just giving people wool! It's HELPING people!!!!

I suppose The Ugly Duckling is next!!! ****ING POLITICS!!!! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard about that one before.. also read a politically correct version of it.. how pathetic..

this is very sad.. i'm a Muslim myself and it really frustrates me whenever something of that sort happens.. no wonder the whole world is turning/has turned against us (for that and many other reasons).. i'd just like to point out that the media creates such an ugly image for Muslims.. we really aren't that bad.. i also find the whole Christmas break thing very annoying.. i'd be very pissed myslef if i was in your position.. it just doesn't seem to make sense to me.. and i'm sure most muslims would agree..

this one was also one of my personal favourites as a child along with many others..

... :shocked: ... That's just beyond a joke...

Next thing you know, we won't be allowed to have pigs on farms in case a Muslim sees one and gets offended. :mf_rosetinted:

(As if Muslims are that frickin' oversensitive and lacking in more interesting things to do with their lives. Sheesh.)

It was an issue this season, somewhere. I can't remember where the article on it was from.

Uuugh. I hear about that. stupid i tell ya. What are we offending the hoes of the world? No, more like we're offending the goodnosity of goodness of a holiday in which we come together as a family.

I find it hard to belivebthat the re-written versionwould offend the average builder. I know quite a few, my nephew being one, and they are big boys they can handle it.

What next? Peter Rabbit? Mrs Tiggywinkle? They've already attacked Enid Blyton, so why not go for Beatrix Potter as well.

I read all the fairy tales and childrens books they have tried to make PC, and they haven't turned me into a racist maniac, I love everyone. I only have a problem with people who want to hurt others, no matter what colour or creed they are. Trust me I'm catholic and I detested the IRA, never believed in what they did. My mum lived through it in Ireland as a child and she felt the same. So I guess I got it from her.

But I don't see how innocent stories and nursery rhymes about animals can be construed as being offensive to certain sections of the community.

Are they going to go for Aesops fables and Dr Suess next?

The world is going crazy!

I find it hard to belivebthat the re-written versionwould offend the average builder. I know quite a few, my nephew being one, and they are big boys they can handle it.

What next? Peter Rabbit? Mrs Tiggywinkle? They've already attacked Enid Blyton, so why not go for Beatrix Potter as well.

I read all the fairy tales and childrens books they have tried to make PC, and they haven't turned me into a racist maniac, I love everyone. I only have a problem with people who want to hurt others, no matter what colour or creed they are. Trust me I'm catholic and I detested the IRA, never believed in what they did. My mum lived through it in Ireland as a child and she felt the same. So I guess I got it from her.

But I don't see how innocent stories and nursery rhymes about animals can be construed as being offensive to certain sections of the community.

Are they going to go for Aesops fables and Dr Suess next?

The world is going crazy!

Exactly .... where will it end huh????

Its history and fairy tales not real life ..... anything can be offensive to anyone if we look at it closely enough

This is completely insane, especially considering that neither the cautious approach of the UK grovernment, nor the integration policy of the French seems to work for ethnic minorities...

Why keep creating false issues no one would bother about, anyway? It is simply stirring up trouble and polarizes society even more.

.. all my xmas cards at work had happy winter vacation :boxed:

:roftl:

My e-cards said either Happy Xmas or Season's greetings - depending on the country I was sending them to... UK was Season's greetings :naughty:

Why am I not surprised...

oh **** off! they dont eat pork SO WHAT. The pigs dont actually get eaten do they, and its a FECKIN CHILDREN'S STORY. And what? they gonna stop selling pork in OUR local shops and supermarkets????

It's a disgrace. Even baa baa black sheep is offensive too because it's black. The black sheep isnt being discriminated! It's just giving people wool! It's HELPING people!!!!

I suppose The Ugly Duckling is next!!! ****ING POLITICS!!!! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently it's suppoed to be Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep... or any other colour...

It's f**king ridiculous... sheep actually can be black... and it has nothing to do with people...

It's like these biscuits we have here... they used to be called golliwogs... but because that might be offensive, they're now scalliwags (but I can sorta understand that, cause golliwog was used as a name for indigenous people)... or these lolly smokes... were called Fags... but now they're Fads.. they don't even have the pretend filter...

It's like not being able to say HO HO HO. :boxed:

Because apparently that could be offensive to women... because of the way some American people use the word...

Yes all my xmas cards at work had happy winter vacation :boxed:

The worlds gone mad , especially in the uk our lovely little island is loosing it

On that note happy sleepies everyone

Erm... but isn't Christmas a Christian holiday?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong...

But if you really think about it, that (Happy Winter Vacation) technically isn't correct... not Winter for us at Christmas...

Yes all my xmas cards at work had happy winter vacation :boxed:

The worlds gone mad , especially in the uk our lovely little island is loosing it

On that note happy sleepies everyone

I hate to say it, but there's no 'Great' in Britain any more...

If we go to other people's countries, say where it's frowned upon to show your arms/legs etc, we cover up because we respect it, so people coming to live in our country, should respect our way of life too and our traditions.