Australia Day!!!

nico_collard

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it looks like it would bite off your arm because they don't eat fruit :naughty:

Nope, we feed them dead mice. You have to dangle them over their head and they open their HUGE mouths and you drop it in. :thumb_yello:

I don't mean to make anything less of your idea or anything ... but zoos can fund the care of their animals from entrance fees/etc, your money would go to much better use in some kind of native conservation project that is actually helping the animal ...

eg. http://www.wombatfoundation.com.au/index.html

Fruit, mice, fillet mignon - either way, it looks like it would munch you - like, you go to dangle the mouse over its beak and it goes "Hrm...I could eat this mouse, or I could eat your arm instead...". It's beautiful, though!

About the zoo thing - we picked the San Diego Zoo because they use donations quite a bit to fund conservation projects. Animals like pandas are more the focus of things like that, but donations helps critters like wombats, too. And, we wanted to do something local since our wedding is in San Diego.

But, thank you for the link! Wow -all sort of wombat merchandise. And a membership is just $25 AUD. I'm so doing that on payday. :biggrin2:

Hahahahaha .... could be, could be .... tho' I reckon the Mikes are a tad more alluring Aaurora !!!! :roftl::wink2:

Might have to get the other's to verify that ..... :naughty:

He doesn't look confident enough to be mike.

Happy Aus day everyone.

(Sadly, I have a bundaberg rum singlet :naughty:)

Happy Aussie Day peops!

Zo-Zo the terrible :shocked: with you .... THERE???!!! (wonders will never cease ) ... erm ... who's gonna be the Mary & who's gonna be the Rhoda then ...

I'm the Mary! You should know that by now... Zoe and I argue about it whenever she comes on the thread!

She's a maybe... as long as she has the money for the ticket and spending money she'll be going..

Zoe will be able to keep me company whilst you go to a wedding Teegs :naughty:

Oh yes Bec... and I told her that and she's quite happy to babysit... ahem... hang out with you.. :naughty:

Gotta LOVE being an Aussie!!!!

Aussies, you are beautiful!!

And don't we all know it!

australia-day.jpg

:lmfao: TWO MIKES !!! :lmfao:

That was my first thought when I saw it too HK!

We got home from Manildra about 1 12 hrs ago... we were at the pool, cause they have their Aussie day thing there...

And we competed in the Sutton family cup, which is a swimming relay and everyone in the team has to be related...

And..

WE WON!!!

We got to present the trophy to ourselves.. :naughty:

She's a maybe... as long as she has the money for the ticket and spending money she'll be going..

Oh yes Bec... and I told her that and she's quite happy to babysit... ahem... hang out with you.. :naughty:

:

I don't need babysitting :naughty:

I plan to get my passport soon (if I don't have to get a new laptop :sneaky2: It might take a few hundred from funds)

I don't need babysitting :naughty:

I plan to get my passport soon (if I don't have to get a new laptop :sneaky2: It might take a few hundred from funds)

Well hopefully you won't have to replace it...

TBH... it'd be more like you babysitting Zoe... :naughty:

And I'll get my passport sorted out soon... I'll annoy the next door neighbour and ask him to sign stuff for me... seeing as he's a JP...

Well hopefully you won't have to replace it...

TBH... it'd be more like you babysitting Zoe... :naughty:

And I'll get my passport sorted out soon... I'll annoy the next door neighbour and ask him to sign stuff for me... seeing as he's a JP...

I've already got everything filled out, all I need is to take it to post office and pay the money.

Once I get sorted, I get sorted fast.

Think I might wait till after I find out when I get my wisdom teeth out, just in case (if its July, I'll be pissed)