being taken in first, as I was in my wheelchair. It made no real

difference to the queue - it just meant I was able to wait in the

queue with the others till we went in.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendi that last post was in no way targeted at you honey.

I've spoken the events thro with those who were involved and hopefully it won't happen in that way again.

I do feel for them and if it was one person on their own I think I'd look at it differently but it's not, and as unpleasent as it may be for them is it fair to do that to a fan that has been waiting hours on their feet in the hope of seeing Mika?

I've spoken the events thro with those who were involved and hopefully it won't happen in that way again.

I do feel for them and if it was one person on their own I think I'd look at it differently but it's not, and as unpleasent as it may be for them is it fair to do that to a fan that has been waiting hours on their feet in the hope of seeing Mika?

Its ok - I didn't take it personally :thumb_yello:

I just felt the need to confess :blush-anim-cl:

I completely agree that a whole group of people shouldn't just jump in front of others, it was more in the case of one person I was thinking about. For me it isn't really about whether I'm at the front or not, but about who I am with. I got split from the group at a gig and stood all by myself and it really wasn't anywhere near as fun as being with the rest, so yes, the next time it was about to happen, I jumped in with the rest so I wouldn't be standing 10 people away from everyone else both in the queue and at the gig :blush-anim-cl: No, I don't have any friends who would give up their spot in the queue to entertain me just because I'm late :doh: I didn't do it at Brixton where I arrived late in the afternoon though, that's the thing about being reasonable :boxed:

I feel kinda bad actually - we could not get a taxi in Glasgow,

so by the time Jemma and Babs and I got there we were quite

late, and wet. We got in beside the MFC'rs to pass the time - but

I was then taken back out of the queue as Jemma and I were

And I stood near the bar anyway. But as Wendo says, we actually set out at the same time as the others, but due to the football, we waited for a taxi for more than three hours and in the end started to walk. Fortunately, the cab driver came looking for us before we got too wet, but it was frustrating as we had started out with the others.

Its ok - I didn't take it personally :thumb_yello:

I just felt the need to confess :blush-anim-cl:

:huglove:

Still friends then? :wink2:

Kata, your right. I love the atmosphere. My problem is that I am disabled and don't have full use of my legs and my balance is pretty terrible so i like to be at the front so i can dance around with the aid of the barrier to stop me falling over!

I have no problem if people have a genuine reason and actually explain it before just joining the queue in front of other people. It's when people just cut in as if non-MFCers are somehow second class fans.

Ahhhhhhh... Sara and her queuing principles ;) You know I love you for that, don't you. It's indeed very incorrect for those who go there early.

Haha!

And I thought that I would be totally hated for it. I love you too:wub2: , I would even if you disagreed though.

I'm glad that they made it.

Sariflor, I am 100% with you on the queuing thing. I experienced that recently and it was MFCers responsible. Alot of youngish kids were just in front of us, it was raining and freezing and they'd queued for ages to get a good place but didn't have the confidence to say anything. So i did.

Didn't make me very popular but I really felt for them, it wasn't just one or two people it was groups of 6 or 7 at a time.

Totally not on

Exactly my point- It's often due to others not daring speak up, that so many get away with it...

Well done.

I kinda sort of almost maybe agree with sariflor's post, but I still think it sucks to be the MFCer who missed the bus and has to be all alone at the gig because everyone else was there from 8 am :boxed: If only people would be somewhat reasonable with it, but it's just not gonna happen I guess :blink:

Well, I do agree with that (as I said in my megapost) and I truly think that it majorly sucks for them.

I met the girls and they are all lovely people, and I KNOW that they wouldn't queuejump (in Toronto they went straight to their position and didn't for a second try and do anything of the sorts)

Some situations are a bit different from others...It's not the same to have that problem, than to just turn up late cause you wanted to stay all comfy at home or go for a few drinks rather than queue in the cold.

I feel kinda bad actually - we could not get a taxi in Glasgow,

so by the time Jemma and Babs and I got there we were quite

late, and wet. We got in beside the MFC'rs to pass the time - but

I was then taken back out of the queue as Jemma and I were

Oh Wendi, this has nothing to do with you!! :wink2:

It's a bit of a bugger if you find it hard to stand in a queue too. And I am also better with a barrier to lean against. If I don't get tired, queuing doesn't bother me at all as I am a people watcher and don't feel the cold. But I do get tired.

Sometimes I have been nearly at the front of the queue but when they let everyone in, they run which I can't so I could lose my place even though I have queued.

Next time I might take my chair like Christine did, then I would be as happy as Larry (whoever he is). But where to put the chair when the door opens if you can't park nearby?

Imagine setting up your chair front centre. :naughty:

:huglove:

Still friends then? :wink2:

Kata, your right. I love the atmosphere. My problem is that I am disabled and don't have full use of my legs and my balance is pretty terrible so i like to be at the front so i can dance around with the aid of the barrier to stop me falling over!

I have no problem if people have a genuine reason and actually explain it before just joining the queue in front of other people. It's when people just cut in as if non-MFCers are somehow second class fans.

Quite understandable. I have a problem with big crowds, so I'm also more of a "either in front row or at the back" person :blink: don't like to be pushed from all directions :blush-anim-cl:

Yupp I agree with the last bit as well. I kinda decided I wouldn't queue for the London gigs (before I decided to not go at all that is :doh:) because it's become so competitive that I found myself being ready to "cheat" as well to keep up with it and it's simply not worth it :blink:

I'll do it if you will! :roftl:

Kata, I feel the same. That's why I'm not queueing all day fro my London gigs, I'm making the most of being there and seeing some of the city will I'm there.

I think that we should all do that, and "make" Brixton and Hammersmith seated venues:roftl: .Hahaha!!! Imagine how funny it would be if Mika comes out with Relax, waiting to see all the adoring faces nearly at his eye level, and all he sees is a see of camping chairs and people comfortably sitting there..What a sight.

Quite understandable. I have a problem with big crowds, so I'm also more of a "either in front row or at the back" person :blink: don't like to be pushed from all directions :blush-anim-cl:

Yupp I agree with the last bit as well. I kinda decided I wouldn't queue for the London gigs (before I decided to not go at all that is :doh:) because it's become so competitive that I found myself being ready to "cheat" as well to keep up with it and it's simply not worth it :blink:

See, the problem is that so many people are in the same situation...which makes it impossible for everyone to have their way, hence why it all ends up coming down to when one gets there.

I think that we should all do that, and "make" Brixton and Hammersmith seated venues:roftl: .Hahaha!!! Imagine how funny it would be if Mika comes out with Relax, waiting to see all the adoring faces nearly at his eye level, and all he sees is a see of camping chairs and people comfortably sitting there..What a sight.

]

Yeah, we could take flasks of tea and have blankets on our knees.

I'm getting excited now! :naughty:

Yeah, we could take flasks of tea and have blankets on our knees.

I'm getting excited now! :naughty:

and little tables with the green flannel on to play poker!:biggrin2:

And sandwiches. :naughty:

Then we will be telling him " turn that noise down, young man"

:roftl: :roftl: Oooooooooooooooooooh is anyone else actually PICTURING this??? How mad would it be!!

Everyone would be like WTF?

The look on their faces would be priceless

:roftl: :roftl: Oooooooooooooooooooh is anyone else actually PICTURING this??? How mad would it be!!

any other suggestion? Waitin' divas is soo boring:mf_rosetinted:

Indeed it would!!! If I wasn't worried security would turn me away I'd actually do it! But the risk of not getting to see Mika is too great!:boxed:

See, the problem is that so many people are in the same situation...which makes it impossible for everyone to have their way, hence why it all ends up coming down to when one gets there.

Firstly, I'm happy to hear that Vero and the girls are safely on the way, if not in NY already. Hope they have a great time tonight, they've certainly earned it.

Secondly, I like the idea of sitting camping chairs in front of the stage. We could just sit there chilling out while Mika dances his little butt off for us, ha ha.

Then we could wave our flasks of tea at him, shouting things like "fancy a cuppa there Mika?" in between songs.LOL!

Actually this reminds me of when me and my sister were watching Groove Armada at Glastonbury a few years back and we sat in our chairs at the front of the stage, just off at the side and we had a great time chair dancing.

Firstly, I'm happy to hear that Vero and the girls are safely on the way, if not in NY already. Hope they have a great time tonight, they've certainly earned it.

Secondly, I like the idea of sitting camping chairs in front of the stage. We could just sit there chilling out while Mika dances his little butt off for us, ha ha.

Then we could wave our flasks of tea at him, shouting things like "fancy a cuppa there Mika?" in between songs.LOL!

Actually this reminds me of when me and my sister were watching Groove Armada at Glastonbury a few years back and we sat in our chairs at the front of the stage, just off at the side and we had a great time chair dancing.

So it can be done then Rose? :naughty:

I hope so!!

OMG you did that at Glastonbury?!!!! I can only imagine the "looks" that you must have gotten! That's just hilarious.

I quite like the idea of Mika "working for us" in that way, having to earn our getting up,hahaha!