*** HELP !!! We are stranded in Montréal !!! ***

sunshine931

Yeah airplane is not an alternative we can consider... too expensive... if the bus is still cancelled this morning we're gonna rent a car...

Fingers crossed that the bus will actually leave the station this time !

Don't worry, we're ok we spent the night at my place, I live near the bus station...

We're leaving for the bus station now... wish us luck !!!

you'll figure out a way to get there I'm sure!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the bus left on time. If the weather's that bad that they're cancelling buses I'd hate to think of them having to drive to NYC in a rental car.

Suzy can you text them? I didn't get any of their numbers because I knew you'd be in touch about lunch and it was starting to rain pretty heavily when we left them on Tuesday night.

Oh girls, that was terrible to hear!! I hope that you manage to make it to NYC on time and that you enjoy the gig.

Best of luck!!:punk:

What I will say now I think will probably piss some people off, but it's just how I feel about the whole situation, and it's a bit of a "general" thing rather than just focused on this situation.

I wholeheartedly feel for our Montreal girls, and they are all truly lovely people who I'm really happpy to have met personally, and I know that they were trying to get there early enough to get in the queue, so it's not technically so much aimed at them, but it is something that's on my mind in a general way.

It's about people (usually MFC'ers) "saving" spots in the queues for others, and how right that is.

I feel quite strongly about this, because I've seen it happen a number of times, and I must say that I don't find it correct.

I mean, if someone wants to be at the front, they get there early, and it's as simple as that.

We had a massive issue with those people in Toronto, because like we said to them, 2-4 people make all the difference when you're aiming to get to the front and center. And that is what it comes down to.

On many occasions I saw people saving spots for others who either couldn't get there on time for various reasons, or just prefered to go to the bar and have some drinks instead, or take their time getting ready and whatever rather than queing.

All that is great, but I do find it wrong when these people arrive much later than oters who have been queuing for hours, and just "slip in" at the front, as if because they are MFC'ers and have buddies waiting at the front is an ok reason to do that.

I personally find it morally reprehensible, because the poor people who they are jumping in front have been waiting there for a while and it just doesn't seem right that others give themselves this "special right" to go in front just cause their friends are there.

If everyone in queue did this, we'd end up in a queue with 10 people, and then each of those letting another 20 in....where do we draw the line?

Who says what amount of spots saved is right? It's too complicated and it just wouldn't work out....

Whether the queue jumpers are our friends or MFC'ers surely doesn't change the fact that they are jumping the queue? If it's wrong for a stranger to do, then it's also wrong for someone who we like to do it?

I saw a lot of that happen in a few gigs that I've gone to, and I can assure you that I felt for the ones suffering it.

And I can guarantee that nobody will get in front of me that way; as much as I want to get on with people, I'm not scared to speak my mind if I'm going to be a victim of that :roftl:.

And before the stoning begins, let me say again that I'm not targetting this specific situation, it's just a general rant because I've seen it happen too many times now. And I'm ashamed to say that it's usually MFC'ers who do it, as we seem to think that we have a special right to be there at the front:wink2: .

did i dream this or did i see that somewhere in europe, they wrote numbers on people's hand?

They did it as a way to "know who was where" for the first 50 people or so, in the cancelled Hammersmith gig in London (Dec), obviously when we still didn't know that it was cancelled:roftl: .

I was 11 or 13 :punk: .

The reason for it was to avoid all the drama and queue jumping that often happens (like the day before that in Brixton, where around 20 or 30 extra people seemed to suddenly pop up at the frontish. S

ome were trying to get ahead of the ones behind me but they were told by this lady who had been there since 11 or so to back off:naughty: .

I was the 3/4th in line there and had been there since the early morning, so there was NO way I would have allowed anyone infront of me. I ended up being the front and center (right in front of Mika's mike) and that was exactly why I queued since so early.

The numbers thing was a once-off though, and only for the first in line to avoid drama.

They did it as a way to "know who was where" for the first 50 people or so, in the cancelled Hammersmith gig in London (Dec), obviously when we still didn't know that it was cancelled:roftl: .

I was 11 or 13 :punk: .

The reason for it was to avoid all the drama and queue jumping that often happens (like the day before that in Brixton, where around 20 or 30 extra people seemed to suddenly pop up at the frontish. S

ome were trying to get ahead of the ones behind me but they were told by this lady who had been there since 11 or so to back off:naughty: .

I was the 3/4th in line there and had been there since the early morning, so there was NO way I would have allowed anyone infront of me. I ended up being the front and center (right in front of Mika's mike) and that was exactly why I queued since so early.

The numbers thing was a once-off though, and only for the first in line to avoid drama.

at the concert last monday night, there were two teenagers who had decided that once in the venue, they were going to squeeze themselves through everyone to get to the front center... well one got through part way, but by then, we noticed what they were doing. the mouthy one started to say that we had to live with it, that's what people do at concerts and that she deserved to be center. other people cut off her friend, so she was all by herself & had not made it to front center, on top of that she was behind a tall man at this point (she couldn't see) so after 20 min. of talking back to people, she ended up having to go back a few row to be with her friend. her plan didn't work lol

at the concert last monday night, there were two teenagers who had decided that once in the venue, they were going to squeeze themselves through everyone to get to the front center... well one got through part way, but by then, we noticed what they were doing. the mouthy one started to say that we had to live with it, that's what people do at concerts and that she deserved to be center. other people cut off her friend, so she was all by herself & had not made it to front center, on top of that she was behind a tall man at this point (she couldn't see) so after 20 min. of talking back to people, she ended up having to go back a few row to be with her friend. her plan didn't work lol

Haha!! Serves her right LOL!

I can't believe what some people try to get away with:wink2: .

We had a few people trying to jump in front of us at Toronto, aided by the security guys:sneaky2: and one of the girls said all cheekily: "what difference do 2 people make anyway?"

To which we said: "well if it doesn't matter then go to the back!" Haha!!:roftl:

:shocked: Incredible.

I'm glad that they made it.

Sariflor, I am 100% with you on the queuing thing. I experienced that recently and it was MFCers responsible. Alot of youngish kids were just in front of us, it was raining and freezing and they'd queued for ages to get a good place but didn't have the confidence to say anything. So i did.

Didn't make me very popular but I really felt for them, it wasn't just one or two people it was groups of 6 or 7 at a time.

Totally not on

I kinda sort of almost maybe agree with sariflor's post, but I still think it sucks to be the MFCer who missed the bus and has to be all alone at the gig because everyone else was there from 8 am :boxed: If only people would be somewhat reasonable with it, but it's just not gonna happen I guess :blink: