*** HELP !!! We are stranded in Montréal !!! ***

sunshine931

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time I might take my chair like Christine did, then I would be as happy as Larry (whoever he is). But where to put the chair when the door opens if you can't park nearby?

Imagine setting up your chair front centre. :naughty:

I was going to say that you just get a cheap one at Argos and chuck it before going inside, but I like your idea better. :roftl:

bring a spare chair for them, they probably need one as well :mf_rosetinted:

Yes I'd rather see security sitting down in a chair than have one myself. Keep their fat heads out of my way. :sneaky2:

Actually this reminds me of when me and my sister were watching Groove Armada at Glastonbury a few years back and we sat in our chairs at the front of the stage, just off at the side and we had a great time chair dancing.

Oh you're lucky. I had planned to do this at last year's Virgin Festival but it was on an island and they wouldn't allow chairs on the ferry. When I laid out my beach towel under a tree, I was very annoyed when a couple came along and set up their two camping chairs beside me. :sneaky2:

@ Sariflor: emoha3sup010hl4gr8.gif for being so brave to bring up that queue-jumping-in-general-and-the-(NON)-difference-if-it's-MFCers topic. You know, I feel the same and I'm actually glad it was brought up here and so many people share this point of view.

I'm not very fond of queueing for hours in general as I'm not a big fan of crowds at all so I find it really unfair to lose a probably good spot to some queue-jumpers in spite of having been there early or very early.

I have experienced this in Munich, by both, MFCers and (probably) non-MFCers but especially as far as the MFC people are concerned I didn't dare to speak up as it would have made me feel very uncomfortable - the more as I got to know some of them for a bit and found them all very nice and lovely people. But honestly, just turning up and joining the people at the front of the queue as if it was the most normal thing to do was something that bugged me big time.

On a lighter note: Inflatable chairs might be a possibility :wink2:

****Up-to-the-minute-newsflash****

Just got a text...The Montreal girls are approximately an hour away from the venue.

But I didn't mention the queue started at 5am....:thumbdown:

Thanks for the update Suzy.

I'm surprised (and pleased) at this attack of scruples which seems to have broken out in this thread. Congrats for raising it, as it can be a hard topic to broach and not put people offside.

Oh and the chairs in the venue? Brilliant idea!

:huglove:

Still friends then? :wink2:

Of course :huglove:

WENDO ..... I'd chuck you in my queue anytime .... just 'cos you're a love ..... :wub2::thumb_yello:

Thanks hun xxxxx

Yeah, we could take flasks of tea and have blankets on our knees.

I'm getting excited now! :naughty:

You could sit on my knee!!! And that is NOT an improper

suggestion - just an offer of a perch!! :naughty:

We really should take chairs to Brixton in particular...the floors not as nice there. We could take bike chains and chain them to that drainpipe in the alley while we're inside :thumb_yello: (Or just get cheap ones and leave them somewhere....)

If they've confiscated things like glow sticks and lollipops in the past I'm pretty sure they'd have a problem with us all taking chairs in with us, although it would be fun :naughty:

Glad the girls managed to get their bus at least, even if they're not first in the queue, it's better than having to rent a car and still not be first.

We really should take chairs to Brixton in particular...the floors not as nice there. We could take bike chains and chain them to that drainpipe in the alley while we're inside :thumb_yello: (Or just get cheap ones and leave them somewhere....)

Yeah let's go shopping on the weekend before and get something to sit on. Brixton was a nightmare especially since we were stuck in front of one of those drainpipes.

Yeah let's go shopping on the weekend before and get something to sit on. Brixton was a nightmare especially since we were stuck in front of one of those drainpipes.

Okay :thumb_yello: Except I'm being boring and working on the weekend..... unless we go after 6pm :blink:

We definitely need to go out and get some stuff though..... chairs, blankets, picnic baskets etc :naughty:

QUEUEING AT 5AM!

That does it I'll be at Hammersmith and Brixton at 4am!

WHO'S WITH ME!

:fisch::no: NO WAY :thumbdown:

I wonder what the optimum time to arrive is, I mean if you set up an equation considering time in the queue, extent to which queues or crowds annoy you, probability of queue-jumping actions and their level of aggression, temperature and probability to get to the front as well as personal desire to end up there... result: time to arrive...

Can anybody do that, please? :mf_rosetinted:

****Up-to-the-minute-newsflash****

Just got a text...The Montreal girls are approximately an hour away from the venue.

But I didn't mention the queue started at 5am....:thumbdown:

5am!??!?! :blink:

Okay :thumb_yello: Except I'm being boring and working on the weekend..... unless we go after 6pm :blink:

We definitely need to go out and get some stuff though..... chairs, blankets, picnic baskets etc :naughty:

Yes, I agree!

We need proper gear to manage the day!

I think chair+blanket or sleeping bag is perfect....

QUEUEING AT 5AM!

That does it I'll be at Hammersmith and Brixton at 4am!

WHO'S WITH ME!

Rose please don't do this:roftl: , some will take it seriously and this is how the trouble started last time!

Yes, I agree!

Rose please don't do this:roftl: , some will take it seriously and this is how the trouble started last time!

yes u r right.. i think we start talking nonsence and stuff like that about getting there early and we just F* ourselves like that :naughty:

Yes, I agree!

I'd love to take my sleeping bag..it'd be perfect - it's soooo snuggly (as Laura, Sivan and Summer can tell you - it's been pretty useful lately! :naughty:)

Plus it looks funny...sitting outside in a sleeping bag, we might even get a bit of money given to us! :thumb_yello:

Possibly one of those cheap £4.99 ones from argos or something though, there's no way i'm leaving my beloved sleeping bag outside!

I'd love to take my sleeping bag..it'd be perfect - it's soooo snuggly (as Laura, Sivan and Summer can tell you - it's been pretty useful lately! :naughty:)

Plus it looks funny...sitting outside in a sleeping bag, we might even get a bit of money given to us! :thumb_yello:

:blink::naughty::thumb_yello: