Working Online by Deano

deano

Has anyone here ever had a job working online?

My second question, has anyone here ever considered the possibility of making a living from the Internet?

I was speaking to an MFC member the other day, and I was explaining that I can work anywhere in the world (as long as their is wireless internet), and I work from my home currently, so never have to travel to work etc, it is a pretty amazing career option, and there are thousands of jobs you can do on the net...

Maybe one day I will teach people how to make crazy amount of cash from the Internet. :thumb_yello:

PM me if you are genuinly interested, I am always keen to dicuss anything Internet related.

Dean

hey dean... well i work from home on the internet...

and YES its great but i need to make more money! any suggestions?! ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH! im interested, because im really thinking if there is possible to work at home

i kind of person make use of the internet....:naughty:

i read a documentary about google making ppl a living before...

a guy hosts a site about phone review, and he can earn US$4xxx ad fee from google every month...:shocked:

Yeah, I've looked at online things lots of times, but they all seem so dodgy, what is it that do you do Deano?

I've been trying to get a job forever and a day, but I always freeze up in interviews so no one ever hires me :naughty:

Damn... that must be my prob...

I'm interested in working online... seems to me that those 4 years at university earning a teaching degree was a waste...

Huh... well I do need a job desperately this summer and I have to start looking Feb vacation... which is pretty much only three grocery stores because I refuse to work with fast food or an one of the 20 auto part stores. Other than that there's nothing offered in these small middle of nowhere towns.

My first summer job last year I felt like I was getting paid to play around on the internet. I worked for dispatch for campus safety so I just had to answer the phone (which most nights it wouldn't ring) and work ungodly hours from 8pm-2am or the shifts I got stuck with the most 2am-8am. I pretty much sat on this board for 6 hours every shift and got paid for it. It was amazing. :roftl:

Huh... well I do need a job desperately this summer and I have to start looking Feb vacation... which is pretty much only three grocery stores because I refuse to work with fast food or an one of the 20 auto part stores. Other than that there's nothing offered in these small middle of nowhere towns.

My first summer job last year I felt like I was getting paid to play around on the internet. I worked for dispatch for campus safety so I just had to answer the phone (which most nights it wouldn't ring) and work ungodly hours from 8pm-2am or the shifts I got stuck with the most 2am-8am. I pretty much sat on this board for 6 hours every shift and got paid for it. It was amazing. :roftl:

Jen, I would be in heaven if I got paid for doing that sort of work...

Or even better, got paid for moderating here... maybe now we're official, Mika can start paying us mods for the good work we do! :naughty:

Jen, I would be in heaven if I got paid for doing that sort of work...

Or even better, got paid for moderating here... maybe now we're official, Mika can start paying us mods for the good work we do! :naughty:

:roftl: Well it was a pretty decent job minus working from 2am-8am because around 5 or 6 you hit a point where you're desperately trying to stay awake. I have dozed off for only a few seconds because my body would realize I wasn't supposed to and I'd wake up (had lovely computer marks on my face by that time:naughty: ) but my co-workers would just pass out. :doh: I couldn't get them awake at first when there was an alarm going off. :mf_rosetinted:

If you get paid to moderate this place :naughty: .... sign me up next time there's a need for more mods. :lmfao:

:roftl: Well it was a pretty decent job minus working from 2am-8am because around 5 or 6 you hit a point where you're desperately trying to stay awake. I have dozed off for only a few seconds because my body would realize I wasn't supposed to and I'd wake up (had lovely computer marks on my face by that time:naughty: ) but my co-workers would just pass out. :doh: I couldn't get them awake at first when there was an alarm going off. :mf_rosetinted:

If you get paid to moderate this place :naughty: .... sign me up next time there's a need for more mods. :lmfao:

Will do... :thumb_yello:

It's not likely that we'll get paid... but I can dream, can't I?

Hey deano.. I work from home half of the time.. and always wondered if I can do anything else on the side.. been thinking about something to do online for ages, but always come across scams...end up being loaded with junk mails, so i stopped looking.. if you're willing to share your secret, i'm interested :wink2:

Hey deano.. I work from home half of the time.. and always wondered if I can do anything else on the side.. been thinking about something to do online for ages, but always come across scams...end up being loaded with junk mails, so i stopped looking.. if you're willing to share your secret, i'm interested :wink2:

Don't want to steal your thought, but I couldn't have said it better.

Yeah, I've looked at online things lots of times, but they all seem so dodgy, what is it that do you do Deano?

I've been trying to get a job forever and a day, but I always freeze up in interviews so no one ever hires me :naughty:

I have the same problem as you have :thumbdown:

I tried for like 10 jobs this year already and nobody wanted to hire me :thumbdown:

To answer some of your points:

1) DON'T look for a job online, look to create your own online business.

2) Don't buy products in advance, you can use affiliate marketing to sell other people's products, and you can get a % of each sale. For example, you could sell Mika CD's, and get 10% of each sale... if you have a site that can sell 30 per day, then you will make money. A basic example, but you get the picture...

3) You can create your own INFO products... this sounds weird, but I know someone who makes over $100 million from this. :shocked: People need information, it doesn't have to be ground breaking, simply create a 15 page report on a subject of your choice, convert it into PDF format, and you have an ebook. Sell it for $19.99, sell 10 per day and you will be making $200 PER DAY, 7 days per week = $6,000 per month.

The best part of all... ebooks cost zero to make, zero to ship, thus, the profit is 100%

4) How much does it cost to setup? Nothing, well... $7 for a domain name, then, install a free wordpress blog on the site, and use the blog to promote stuff.

How do you get loads of people to visit your site?

That is the million dollar question, I don't have the time to go into this right now, but I hope the above answers some of your questions.

Dean

ref ebay... it is fairly idiot proof, but long gone are the days where this was a realistic way of making anything more than a bit of spare cash.

If you do find something good, it will be stolen and copied anyway. So I would avoid ebay.