dcdeb

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sdakljkl sooo much fun.

best concert I have ever been too.

the opening act never showed up...yet we still had to wait until 8 for Mika to come out...and the show was over just after 930.

I don't know if he went out and met with people or not...we waited for a while and then left since it was really cold.

but wow that boy knows how to put on a show...

I am still pulling confetti out of my shirt....haha.

hopefully tomorrow I will get my pictures uploaded and that...

Brought my nine-year-old daughter. She loved it! :wub2: She thinks he's cute! Getting to that age where she is noticing the boys. She picked a nice one though - she's got good taste in men.

I will try to get some pictures ready tomorrow. It was awesome! The music, the dancing, the lights, the confetti...the shirtless Mika. Wow! What a show!

Brought my nine-year-old daughter. She loved it! :wub2: She thinks he's cute! Getting to that age where she is noticing the boys. She picked a nice one though - she's got good taste in men.

I will try to get some pictures ready tomorrow. It was awesome! The music, the dancing, the lights, the confetti...the shirtless Mika. Wow! What a show!

lol yes your doughter has good taste ;):thumb_yello:

sounds good! cant wait to see pix! and welcome to the forum!

So about 5 of my friends and I bolted out of school and drove to Mpls as soon as school was over. We got there at like 3. Megan and her group were already there. It started out really nice, it was about 30 degrees and sunny. But over the next few hours, the sun went down and it dropped to about 10 degrees :thumbdown:

There really weren't that many people lining up at all. I remember the NYC gig I went to, people were all around the entire place. We just had a little line. The band kept walking by, and I don't know whether it was because people didn't know who they were or because we're Minnesotans that don't like to bother people, but no one really said much to them. Not in a bad way though. At one point, Mikey and Saranayde went to Starbucks, which was like a block away :thumb_yello:

The heaters outside in the line were beautiful. Lifesavers. Andy was out there, filming traffic, so we called him over and he talked to me and my friends for like a long time. He asked why it was a big deal that Mika came to MN, why it's so special that he's playing at First Avenue (LEGEND) , and stuff like that. The camera was mostly on me the whole time :punk: Mika sneaked in through a different door though, so we didn't see him beforehand. Andy said he was late for soundcheck. We also stole the NY people's idea and had pizza delivered. Actually, we had Diet Coke and a Pizza delivered, no joke :naughty:

Then at 6 they let us in!

Wow. I couldn't hold in my excitement after tonight's show. Really, it was more of a performance than anything. I had no idea he could reach that level of enthusiasm and energy.

Yeah, the wait to get in and the to start was reeealllly long, but it was 100% worth it. We had spots right in the front, against the stage guard, and he sang or kneeled or just danced about right in front of us - I couldn't stop smiling.

My friends convinced me to stay afterwards, so we waited to see if he would come out inside. Sure enough, once there were only like 10-12 people left, he came out in that cute brown jacket with the fur hood. The rest of the band was there, too, and a guy with a camera, talking to people or goofing off with the band. Again, the wait was worth it. Martn, the guitarist, has an incredible Scottish accent, and debated Starbucks vs. Dunn Bros vs. Caribou with another fan, and Luke the keyboardist, just sort of milled about. I got his autographed, and talked about their going to Salt Lake City a bit; he really impressed me, and was a lot of fun to watch on the stage. Cherisse was about, mostly being teased by the others, and Mika himself was very good-naturedly signing autographs and taking pictures. He was really nice, and joked around with some of the girls who were having troubles with cameras. It seemed like the band in general was just enjoying themselves, which makes everything so much more fun to watch.

If you have any chance at all, I would really recommend seeing Mika live - there's nothing like it. It may have been short, but there were larger-than-life puppets, gigantic balloons, confetti, band members in animal costumes, a funny silhoutte show, incredible music (some new songs too!), and the sort of energy you just have to experience first-hand.

:roftl:

i just got a few texts from taylor and megan:

from taylor:

I just met MIKA! He remembered me from the Chicago show!!! :) he signed my cd cover but my cameras died so i couldn't get a picture.

megan:

the concert was amazing yet the crowd sucked ass and the midway state didn't play mika signed autographs afterwards, though.

Then came the waiting. And waiting. And waiting. We waited for over two hours before he came out. And we had nothing to do but listen to the techno music that was playing. No opening act.

But finally, the concert starts and we all go mental. I was actually super close, right on the barrier. First Avenue's really small, only holds like 1500 people. The stage is really small too, so I didn't know how they were gonna do some of the things they'd been doing. For instance, the inflatable Big Girl wasn't on stage, she was off to the side of the stage on the ground.

After Relax, Mika told us that he and the band were really intimidated at the thought of playing a gig at First Avenue because he said something like First Ave is "in the handbook of pop music". Then he said "But with an audience as amazing as you, we don't give a f***!" and we all went crazy. We were singing along to EVERYTHING, which surprised me since I didn't think he had that many fans here. It surprised him too, he kept getting this gigantic smile of amazement when we knew all the words. He kept turning the microphone out so we could sing like whole choruses and stuff. And I'll swear to my death that he looked at me a few times.

The crowd was deafening. Especially for being such a (relatively) small amount of people, it was insane. He didn't pull people up on stage for Lollipop, probably because the stage was so small. But he did have a little accident during the song! He was holding the microphone with one hand and a balloon with the other, and another balloon came flying in, hit his balloon which in turn smashed his mic into his mouth. He turned away and held his mouth, but when he turned back he was smiling. There was blood on his hand though! :emot-sad: And there was only one Lollipop Girl, and two Big Girls.

:welcomeani: to all the new members joining up post-show!

You must really have been motivated to come straight here afterwards!

:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports, too -- can't wait to see some pics and videos,

and hear more about the meet & greet after the show! :original:

dcdeb