REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

omg i love you guys for putting up all these pics! none of mine turned out.

i noticed in these ones, he's wearing the sweater that i love. ahhh. its the white one he's wearing underneath his coat. its very soft :mf_lustslow:

heehee you and his sweater make me laugh Katey! :naughty: I can only imagine I would be dreaming about that sweater and the boy under it if I got to talk to him for 5 whole minutes and hug him twice lol.

K guys - this is the gift I gave him - (I'm attaching it) - and here's a link too: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/japanese/94b1/

Do you think he will like it? I hope he will wear it. I thought it was funny. Domo-kun is a japanese monster guy "Japan's most famous TV spokemonster" and he likes all those japanese toys so I hope he at least thinks it's funny!

Garth and Jen - you have no idea how happy you made me!! :thumb_yello:

post-3680-142983674571_thumb.jpg

WOW!! Thanks for the pics and report Garth and Jen, I love the pic of your daughter and Mika, she is a lucky girl.

And for the apple pose people, how about Andy doing the apple!!

Rose, where are you???:wub2:

2253461707_04e79c1852.jpg

heehee you and his sweater make me laugh Katey! :naughty: I can only imagine I would be dreaming about that sweater and the boy under it if I got to talk to him for 5 whole minutes and hug him twice lol.

K guys - this is the gift I gave him - (I'm attaching it) - and here's a link too: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/japanese/94b1/

Do you think he will like it? I hope he will wear it. I thought it was funny. Domo-kun is a japanese monster guy "Japan's most famous TV spokemonster" and he likes all those japanes toys so I hope he at least thinks it's funny!

Aww haha i love it! whenever i see the guy thing it makes me laugh :lol3:

Im sure he thought it was awesome!! :punk:

heehee you and his sweater make me laugh Katey! :naughty:I can only imagine I would be dreaming about that sweater and the boy under it if I got to talk to him for 5 whole minutes and hug him twice lol.

Do you think he will like it? I hope he will wear it. I thought it was funny. Domo-kun is a japanese monster guy "Japan's most famous TV spokemonster" and he likes all those japanese toys so I hope he at least thinks it's funny!

i dont ever want to wash this shirt, or take it off. there's no better feeling in the world than when your in mika's arms with your face in that really really soft sweater

XD

XD

XD

that sounded really really crazy.

watch out people, i'm crazy :wink2:

i dont ever want to wash this shirt, or take it off. there's no better feeling in the world than when your in mika's arms with your face in that really really soft sweater

XD

XD

XD

that sounded really really crazy.

watch out people, i'm crazy :wink2:

haha

We're all crazy psychos :naughty:

pscht i still haven't washed my concert shirt and its been like 6 months... :naughty:

Oh yeah one of my favorite quotes of the night has to be when he realized there was a fenced area for the people drinking. He was just talking than all the sudden he goes "What are you doing in a cage? I just realized there's a cage halfway through this venue. Will they not let you out or something? (someone informs him its for people who are drinking) Ahhh! It's cause their drinking their ****ing drunk"

:lmao: That's too great.

Lovely pictures, thanks for such a great report. :)

That picture of Mika with your daughter is absolutely precious, Jen and hubby!

Oh yeah one of my favorite quotes of the night has to be when he realized there was a fenced area for the people drinking. He was just talking than all the sudden he goes "What are you doing in a cage? I just realized there's a cage halfway through this venue. Will they not let you out or something? (someone informs him its for people who are drinking) Ahhh! It's cause their drinking their ****ing drunk"

I found some pictures online some how but they were all bad and blurry and I noticed that they were taken from behind a fence. I WONDERED about that. :roftl:

you guys are so good at picking out gifts! :biggrin2: i wish i was better at it.. my gift to mika was a triangle chicken :blink: wtf?! haha

Mika mentioned how crazy of a day it had been. It was the first time the whole band had played acoustically together, so he said that they were just going wing it and have fun! And fun they had! What I didn't understand is why they called it acoustic. Mika was on an electric keyboard, Mike had an electic bass guitar, and there were sound effects. Trimmed down skeleton crew concert, sure. But acoustic, not entirely. One thing for sure is that none of the audience missed any of the equipment that was stuck in Wyoming! We were privileged to see a never-seen-before-Mika-show, and it didn't disappoint, for the most part.

It was too darn short, only 45 minutes, but there were several songs they said they couldn't play without their regular equipment. Noticeably missing was Ring Ring, Erase, and Big Girls. For a performance that good, 3 hours wouldn't be too long! So when the concert was over, a group of fans took it upon themselves to sing in unison the whole Big Girls song. It was loud, so I'm sure Mika could hear it backstage.

We stood around waiting to possibly see Mika one more time, then could have kicked ourselves for not realizing that if anything, Mika would go out the back door. So we raced out around back, and saw the tell-tale bright light that was Andy's camera pointing into a crowd of people. Dang it! So we raced over and had just enough time to take a few more pictures, one with Jen grabbing his arm and posing with Mika signing autographs. Not a great photo, but a great finish to an unforgettable day.

Thanks for letting me share our experiences! Undoubtedly, word will get out about Mika, and next time around he'll be a bit more untouchable, so we were very fortunate to have seen him while in his US infancy.

2254255226_2c07d77b4e_o.jpg

2254255284_0b32a7089d_o.jpg

Mika with my 4 year old daughter

2254255336_630e485afb_o.jpg

Mika with family

2253457527_f2e6568d98_o.jpg

Hey look! John's smiling! He was very nice to us!

2254255188_6f6f242ebd_o.jpg

Custom made Mika Shirts!

2253457587_3a4fafc72f_o.jpg

Jennifer B....god bless you !!!!

you guys are so good at picking out gifts! :biggrin2: i wish i was better at it.. my gift to mika was a triangle chicken :blink: wtf?! haha

I remember someone at my first gig in Boston last year threw I believe a small Little Mermaid purse onto the stage. :blink: I think he said when he picked it up, "Little Mermaid, great, what I've always wanted!." :naughty:

:lmfao:

thanx for sharing!:roftl:

Just found on youtube :any other world

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwGGkFoYgM

Thanks for that!

What I love about this guys is that a lot of other singers would have gone- too hard, don't have the costumes, set, instruments, support band :naughty: backing tracks etc and not done the show. Here is someone who can get up on stage with his friends and play anywhere under trying circumstances. It make me appreciate him even more and hopefully he will get some great publicity out of this for his "show must go on" attitude!

Am insanely jealous that I was not there to witness this firsthand but am loving all the reports etc. Thank you to everyone!

Aww haha i love it! whenever i see the guy thing it makes me laugh :lol3:

Im sure he thought it was awesome!! :punk:

Thanks!! :thumb_yello: What do you mean the guy thing? When someone says "guys" and they mean people or girls....? :)

Norwalk - thanks! And I think a triangular chicken sounds awesome! lol