• Brown!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You wish...:naughty:

Nobody even knows for sure where the Mikster is from day to day at the moment let alone what shade of eye colour he's wearing this season!:mf_rosetinted:

Thats true, I wonder where he is now and what he's doing?, I wonder if he is still in China???:mf_rosetinted:

Thats true, I wonder where he is now and what he's doing?, I wonder if he is still in China???:mf_rosetinted:

My guess is that he has been travelling ever since China, just a hunch. Unless anyone knows any different (can't remember if there have been any recent sightings out and about in London or not..I haven't been keeping up with things really!)

:mf_rosetinted:

My guess is that he has been travelling ever since China, just a hunch. Unless anyone knows any different (can't remember if there have been any recent sightings out and about in London or not..I haven't been keeping up with things really!)

:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah maybe, or he may be just relaxing with his family and writing new material for the album, you know just playing the piano and stuff, away from all those crazy fans.

I don't know if there has been any sightings of him or not, sorry.

:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

I always thought his eyes were brown. In certain lights, even dark brown eyes look lighter. Eyes, by their very nature are translucent, and any coloured flecks in the iris are picked up by different lights. Our eyes are not actually, one flat colour, but various sections of different colours. But it's the colour we have the most of in our iris, that determines the colour that it looks like to other people.

But if Mika has some green and grey flecks in his eyes, they will show up in certain lights.

I think that this scenario only happens to eyes that were not very dark from the start- yes, in some lights eyes will look lighter, but it would be an optical illusion and not the actual colour changing...

I think that it just means that they may have seemed dark, but were not actually that dark to start with, hence why they then seem lighter.

He has brown eyes.

I know because he looked right in my eyes in Dussledorf :blink:

I have brown eyes to :naughty: but mine are ugly :bleh:

Your eyes are not ugly Starrats, stop it. You've actually got quite nice eyes, very sparkly.

Mika's eyes are not totally dark brown- They are slightly green or hazel or whatever you call that shade, but certainly not totally brown.

And I saw this from very close up, in full light!:naughty:

I have dark brown eyes, and believe me, they are dark in ALL lights! Which is not the case for Mika. His are kinda light, and in pics where it's darker they seem dark, but in pics with light they look ligher.

There's now a poll to cast your vote! :roftl:

Interesting - I found a picture of a person who apparently has one brown eye and one hazel eye. You be the judge as to what looks more like Mika's:

Heterochromia.jpg

Here's what Wikipedia says about hazel eyes:

"There is some difficulty in defining the eye color "hazel", as it is sometimes considered to be synonymous with light-brown, gold, or other times with green or dark green.

In North America, "hazel" is often used to describe eyes that appear to change color, ranging from light brown to green and even gray, depending on current lighting in the environment."

There's now a poll to cast your vote! :roftl:

Interesting - I found a picture of a person who apparently has one brown eye and one hazel eye. You be the judge as to what looks more like Mika's:

Heterochromia.jpg

Here's what Wikipedia says about hazel eyes:

"There is some difficulty in defining the eye color "hazel", as it is sometimes considered to be synonymous with light-brown, gold, or other times with green or dark green.

In North America, "hazel" is often used to describe eyes that appear to change color, ranging from light brown to green and even gray, depending on current lighting in the environment."

Ooohhh...thanks. Interesting information:thumb_yello:

PS: Interestign photo...Random: my aunt has one brown eye and one blue eye

http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63907_Mika_-_2008_GRAMMY_Awardscelebutopia_100208_02_122_911lo.jpg

hazel me thinks:wub2:

I've similar eyes, I mean how do you call the blue-grey-green-light brown mixture?!:roftl:

hmmm...I don't know...maybe aqua or ocean or aquamarine or teal...

PS: That's an amazing photo!!!

http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=63907_Mika_-_2008_GRAMMY_Awardscelebutopia_100208_02_122_911lo.jpg

hazel me thinks:wub2:

I've similar eyes, I mean how do you call the blue-grey-green-light brown mixture?!:roftl:

OMG giant Grammy-night picture! Thank you!

:stretcher:

Okay guys, I think we have a verdict. It seems "hazel" is a mixture of green and brown, but eyes that count as "hazel" can vary in terms of how much brown/green they have.

My two cents is that Mika has hazel eyes that are very heavily-weighted toward the brown end of the spectrum.

OMG giant Grammy-night picture! Thank you!

:stretcher:

Okay guys, I think we have a verdict. It seems "hazel" is a mixture of green and brown, but eyes that count as "hazel" can vary in terms of how much brown/green they have.

My two cents is that Mika has hazel eyes that are very heavily-weighted toward the brown end of the spectrum.

Very well put:naughty:

And Greta, nice pic btw...

:shocked: Wow ok i ve just scared myself, as i just realised that i ve spent the last 20 minutes studying that HUGE pic in the greastest of detail!

I can now officially *theres that word again* say that i know every detail of that picture:roftl: :wub2:

Oh and back on topic i think his eyes are hazel, they are far too complictated to just be called brown.

i agree that theyre more than brown, but theyre not hazel. theyre like 2 lushis puddles of warm melted chocolate flowing down a delicious stream into a lake of mikagasmicness that i want to swim in with him then lick it off:naughty:

wheres that option? lol

bu remember that when he's not wearing his glasses that he's often wearing contacts, so it could really be either way. :D

Gotta add my two cents, lol.

They're definitely brown, but not a pure, dark brown. There are flecks of other shades/color, but really when it all comes down to it...he has brown eyes.

Here's the defintion of hazel: "light golden brown, as the color of a hazelnut" or "having a light golden-brown color".

I don't think Mika's eyes are golden-brown--they're darker. And I've always heard that hazel--when pertaining to eye color--usually means that person has a green and gold. I don't really see green in Mika's eyes. Gold yes, but not green.

Okay, I think his eyes are hazel (because I always tend to see both green and brown in his eyes). No matter how hard I try, I can't see Mika's eyes as just brown. I think that people keep thinking his eyes are brown because the green in his Mika's is not a light, vivid green...it's more of a subdued, mossy green. Also, perhaps the photos are taken from a distance or in poor lighting.

mika26-3.jpg

In this one, you can see green (although it is not bright, you know, a mossy green) around the outsides with brown towards the pupil.

mika28-1.jpg

The green in his eyes is more visible in this one (with brown towards the pupil).

mika33-1.jpg

The green are more obvious in this one.

mika34-1.jpg

Minus the red eye, you can see green.

I guess when you see them REALLY close up (ie cropped photos like the ones above), the green in his eyes stand out more stands out more.

*squints at those pictures*

You know, I hate to say it, but they still look brown to me. Yes, there are shades of lighter color, but I don't really see green. MAYBE in some shots his eyes can have a green-ish tint, but it's not enough for me to consider them green, and I still can't say his eyes are hazel. Now Yasmine's eyes, are not brown. I haven't seen a super close picture, but I'm guessing her eyes are what you could call hazel. Mika's eyes are still brown to me.