The BRIT awards 2008 PART 2 (London, Earl's Court): 20-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... ok... took me 40 min, but I think I'm all caught up! A few thoughts:

1) THANK YOU BAB!! And thank you to stephaniedy2k1 as well.

2) His performance was brilliant, he did a fantastic job!

3) I'm not upset at all that he didn't win more than one (sure it would have been nice...) but he had the opening spot, which is HUGE, and the publicity / awareness / visibility from this is MASSIVE. This is going to do so much for him. We're thinking long-term, right??

4) I am so excited for him... as you saw in the behind-the-scenes of the Happy Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfHBcXUJSbA see around 1:12), I think that performing in his very own elaborate toy theatre that was made just for him is probably a fantasy come true. I hope he savoured every minute of it, and was able to enjoy it despite being nervous and tired.

5) Yaaaaaaaay Mika!!! :groupwave:

doubt it will be on BBC America. BBC and ITV are channel rivals.

Well, it was on BBCAmerica last year, so it's just a guess that it will

be again this year. *crosses fingers*

This JLC thing has made me so curious. I wonder what else is on British TV tonight. :roftl:

IKWYM Kate! I'm thinking I'll be looking at it again, often! :naughty:

OOoh, thanks! :)

dcdeb

Well, it was on BBCAmerica last year, so it's just a guess that it will

be again this year. *crosses fingers*

IKWYM Kate! I'm thinking I'll be looking at it again, often! :naughty:

OOoh, thanks! :)

dcdeb

I'm so lame, I went to google IKWYM to see what it meant, but I realized it before the results came up, just as I hit enter. :roftl:

I was just wondering but...Can someone please tell me if there's going to be videos of Mika winning and losing on youtube? :biggrin2:

Probably but I can't do it right now, the dvd that I recorded it on has gone funny. It's repeated on Saturday though , so if no one had posted it by then I will.

Unless the dodgy cd gets better.

no, they're not. I was listening to both online, but gave up on essex fm before the show started. Capital 95.8 had the backstage stuff and some red carpet too.

Thanks. The Capital 95 interviews were also linked on the Essex FM site, but I found the other Essex FM one from yesterday anyway.

I've been doing nothing but watching the brits since i got home! homework shmomework. This is all fantastic news! British Breakthrough- HELL YAH TIMES TEN! no, times a BILLION! Although he needed best male and album along with that. i can live with out best single if he were to get best album i suppose, lets not be greedy lol. Naw, okay lets:blush-anim-cl: :naughty: . Anyways, KILLER opener- loved it! I didn't mind Beth Ditto. I would have minded if she were in the ENTIRE thing but for the short time she was on it was good.

OH! and for all of you who were wondering;

i'd LOVE to pretend those are my bracelets- in fact, i think i will:wub2: . But i'm pretty sure they aren't. i haven't gotten a great look, but they look more like the ones he made that he added to mine at the Grammys. So i think he made them. I'd love to think i inspired them though!

:wub2:

i think i'll take a moment here to comment upon how much luuurve the time difference. i don't have to say up late anymore! YAY SLEEP!:naughty::thumb_yello:

aw poo, i'm stuck at the bottom aren't i?

You're very funny, Lady Godiva :wub2:

I really really want to see his acceptance speech. I'm so happy that he won Best Breakthrough. Too bad about the others but this is only the beginning. I'm sure in a couple of years he'll need extra rooms to hold all of his awards.

For anyone who's still around, on Chris Moyles Breakfast show tomorrow morning, R1 6.30am -10.00am, he will be playing the interviews he did (God help Mika, maybe that's why he didn't hang around), and performances from the show.

So set your alarms.

Yes it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zySOfsIZCI

What was the exciting news?

thanks!

oh haha, im gonna be interviewed about my mika obsession for the school yearbook. Theyre gonna take a picture and stuff too. probably of me and my mika stuff. there are good photographers at my school. theres random pages about random things in the yearbook and theres a section on obsessions and im gonna do one of them. there are gonna be other people too haha, but yeah. Its not for sure yet, but yup! :bleh::yay:

Thank You guys!!!!! :wub2:

Phew, I have read the full two threads and am finally caught up with it all.

It is pretty massive that he won Best Breakthrough. GO MIKA!! And what a brilliant performance. He WAS very scared....wasn't he!:blush-anim-cl:

I am right in saying we could only vote for that and best single??

Does that mean our voting team deserves a Brit too???

and maybe we couldn't compete with the super established TT voting team for the other, but come next year......watch out!

I want to thank all of you guys who posted on youtube and the getty images and all for those of us far away who couldn't do the live streaming thing. (Copyright laws darn it)

I love MFC sooo much at times like this.

And now I am officially late for work, gotta run! Bye!:wub2: