Do you panic whenever Mika performs?

Just interested to see if anyone gets into a total mess like I do whenever Mika sings at a big event like the Brits. Do any of you feel like it is actually YOU going to perform on stage and put yourself in his shoes? Because yesterday I was so nervous for Mika, I went really cold and I couldn't do my work properly! :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely do! I get so nervous, I want everyone to admire him and love him like we do.

Afterwards I feel really drained. God knows what Mika and his family feel like!

But I only feel like this when he's performing on TV shows etc. In a Mika gig, no problem, and he's more relaxed himself anyway.

Just interested to see if anyone gets into a total mess like I do whenever Mika sings at a big event like the Brits. Do any of you feel like it is actually YOU going to perform on stage and put yourself in his shoes? Because yesterday I was so nervous for Mika, I went really cold and I couldn't do my work properly! :blush-anim-cl:

I know exactly what you mean! I was worried last night, because he'd said he hadn't slept for worrying about the performance, so I was a wreck as well, and all the time he was on, I'm like, "Don't fall over Mika! Oh God, I hope the set doesn't collapse!!!" He looked so releived after the performance last night, and I know he struggled with GK at the end. I really felt for him, because I could see he was really tired. He really does need a break!

I think he probably let his hair down last night, and deserved to do so. He also had Bronchitis. When is he going to stop getting these viruses?????

What he needs to do now is, take his vitamins and anti biotics, get some good nights sleep, do the concerts next week, and then chill-out for about 3 months to build up his strength and his imune system.

I felt that last night!!

It was so weird! I sing on stage a lot, so i don't really get nervous for the kind of thing i do, but i just thought "imagine what Mika is feeling right now" because you just know that so many people are watching. I was biting my nails a lot...... :naughty:

I also get like that before rugby matches or football matches...... Maybe i'm too over-sensitive.....

Absolutely!

When I see him performing (and even more when I am able to see him live on TV or on the internet), I feel totally excited!

It's like I feel happy because I know that everbody is able to listen and see him on stage and then realise how amazing he is in what he does!

Mika rocks! :punk:

I absolutely do! I get so nervous, I want everyone to admire him and love him like we do.

Afterwards I feel really drained. God knows what Mika and his family feel like!

But I only feel like this when he's performing on TV shows etc. In a Mika gig, no problem, and he's more relaxed himself anyway.

I do too... when he's on tv shows etc I want everyone to see him the way I do. I get nervous for him, and afterwards I'm just so proud of him as though he's my little brother.

Haha, yes, I worry! Like babs, I don't worry about when he does his own shows, just when he performs on award shows and some television shows.

I don't care if he messes up during his concerts, I kind of feel that it makes the show more unique, natural, and fun.

I certainly feel anxious....thoughts always run through my head like "what if he trips?" or "what if he goes off tune?". And yeah..when he performed Grace Kelly, you could totally hear that he was tired...he was out of breath most of the time. Poor guy....get some sleep, darling Mika. You need it.

I get nervous when I see/hear him interviewed by people like Chris Moyles. The sarcastic stab-you-when-you're-not-looking types.

But when he performs, I am always blown away by how professional and amazing he is, even under duress.

The panic is for me...will my heart keep beating ???:wub2:

I don't panic as such but I always get very very nervous on his behalf.

I just want him to do well, and for people to sit up and take notice of him, and for him to change even just a few people's minds about him.

I was incredibly nervous for him the other night. I don't think the pressure of opening the Brits can be overestimated, no wonder he was so nervous, and so were we, especially I think us Brits who know what a big event this was (even if it IS a bit of a circus...:blink: ).

It was a flawed performance but I still felt so proud of him, in a very mother-son way, when he'd finished. I wanted to hug him so tight!! I think I actually went and gave my six year old (aww 6 today!!) an extra big hug after, to kind of get it out of my system.

:wub2:

I know what you mean Gata;

I felt incredibly protective over him when I watched the Brits opening,(there were times when I hid behind the cushion I was holding cringing and praying no-one noticed the "little" hiccups:roftl: ) but I felt proud too. We know how well he performs anyway; I suppose I wanted it to be perfect, because critics will always be critics and not too forgiving....

To answer the original question: I'm not aware of whether I panick/worry about his performances- that much anyway :wink2:

:partytime2:Aww Happy 6th Birthday to the little one...(not little any more eh?)

I know what you mean Gata;

I felt incredibly protective over him when I watched the Brits opening,(there were times when I hid behind the cushion I was holding cringing and praying no-one noticed the "little" hiccups:roftl: ) but I felt proud too. We know how well he performs anyway; I suppose I wanted it to be perfect, because critics will always be critics and not too forgiving....

To answer the original question: I'm not aware of whether I panick/worry about his performances- that much anyway :wink2:

:partytime2:Aww Happy 6th Birthday to the little one...(not little any more eh?)

Yes, the critics...anyone else hits a bum note and it is ignored. Mika misses a note - a ridiculously high falsetto one which most people could only dream of - and he gets crucified. It isn't fair is it. He really should just talk through the second album, or maybe rap a bit (LOL, God forbid!).

Thanks for wishing James Happy B'Day :thumb_yello: Yes he is growing up, not my baby any more *sniff, but he always will be :blush-anim-cl: *

btw (sorry, off topic but only this once I promise) Akim, I tried to myspace you regarding your sore throat but myspace is playing silly beggars. Hope you are okay though! I know it's just all that screaming at Mika on Wednesday :naughty:

He really should just talk through the second album, or maybe rap a bit (LOL, God forbid!).

God Forbid- I can just about stomach the Dance remixes!!

btw (sorry, off topic but only this once I promise) Akim, I tried to myspace you regarding your sore throat but myspace is playing silly beggars. Hope you are okay though! I know it's just all that screaming at Mika on Wednesday :naughty:

That's ok; Thanks:wink2: - I suppose it shows that I'm a "Real Fan" :bleh: