REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.. i just finished reading the last 10 pages.. thanks for the reports everyone..can't wait to here some more..! I especially love the comment mika made about «critics being in the house tonight»:punk: !! happy to here thay you all had a great time..

an earthquake???????:shocked: that's badd..:boxed: hope everyone is fine..

Finally finished reading the thread. Glad people are more happier with this gig than the last!

Go kath and Wendy!! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for the report Rak!

P.S I really hope everyone's ok because of an earthquake

I'm sure everyone's fine since we haven't heard anything.

I love how we care a lot about everyone on here even though most of us haven't ever met!

:boxed: just read this on perezhilton.com

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Filed under: Anglophilia

An earthquake hit the U.K., including London and as far as Wales, on Tuesday evening.

With a magnitude of 5.3, it was pretty darn big.

It is thought to be the UK's largest earthquake in the last 25 years.

Hope everyone's okay!

:boxed:

i read in an article that it was at 01h00 GMT, but i don't really understand the GMT part.. i'm not good with time differences..

Oh that's bad. I hope some MFCers weren't in their cars on the way back when that happened. When I went to bed at 11:30 GMT they were still waiting for the meet and greet so yeah, I guess unfortunately some people were still on the way home at 1AM :boxed:

i read in an article that it was at 01h00 GMT, but i don't really understand the GMT part.. i'm not good with time differences..

That would be 8pm Montreal time.

LONDON (AFP) — A moderate earthquake rattled much of Britain early on Wednesday, causing minor damage, although no injuries were immediately reported.

The British Geological Survey said on its website that the tremors measured 5.3 on the Richter scale.

According to the BGS, the earthquake struck at 12:56 am some 125 miles north of London, close to Lincoln.

Lincolnshire Police said they had received reports of some damage to homes, but there were no details as to the extent of the damage.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for Leicestershire constabulary told AFP that they had been "inundated with phone calls right throughout Leicestershire. ... It does seem to be widespread."

She said that there had been some reports of damage to chimneys, with bricks having fallen off, but said they had received no reports of injuries.

Seems like everyone should be okay. :thumb_yello:

I love the OLDLINGS!! I bet the Younglings are starting to think we are pretty cool now. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes I do! So...how old do you have to be to be an Oldling? I'll be 26 this year...:mf_rosetinted: (Hmmm, I don't think I'm a Youngling or an Oldling. WHAT AM I?) *having a complex*

Mind you, he needs to cultivate those young fans too. As we all start to die off (in like 30-40 years time lol!) he's gonna need those younger fans to be the ones supporting him.

That's...happy. :blink: Doesn't being a Mika fan make you invincible?

Every song tonight was amazing, but Lollipop was outstanding for the simpke reason that Jo Whiley and her son were dressed as animals!

AAAH! That is so cool! Live Lounge was one of my very favorite Mika interviews! Since I live in the US, I don't know much about Jo Whiley, but I have seen most of the Mika-related interviews and I think she's SO cool. I would have loved to meet her! I love that her son was dressed up onstage, too. :roftl:

I love how we care a lot about everyone on here even though most of us haven't ever met!

It's true, though. I suppose an amazing man like Mika couldn't help but attract really amazing fans. :wub2:

just read this on perezhilton.com

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Filed under: Anglophilia

An earthquake hit the U.K., including London and as far as Wales, on Tuesday evening.

With a magnitude of 5.3, it was pretty darn big.

It is thought to be the UK's largest earthquake in the last 25 years.

Hope everyone's okay!

Wow. I'm SO glad everyone's OK.

Who's in Lincoln again? I'm sure I read that name on a MFCer's location! :blink:

Looks like it was stronger in Barnsley and Manchester, and I'm certain we have MFCers there (Emma...?). :blink: On the bright side, it seems London (and by extension, the MFC delegation that would be there tonight) should be okay. Sigh. That's the problem with having connections to people all over the world, suddnely news stories thousands of kilometres away take on new significance!

People in the UK should be crawling out of bed soon, maybe someone will post all about it. :wink2:

LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.3 shook parts of Britain on Wednesday but officials said there were no reports of anyone being killed or serious damage.

The quake struck about an hour after midnight and many people in the capital London and other areas said they had been woken up by the tremors.

In Barnsley, a man was injured in the pelvis when a chimney collapsed and plunged through the roof of his bedroom, said an ambulance service spokeswoman. The man was taken to hospital.

"(The quake) was really bad. I was fast asleep and woke up and the room was shaking," Jemma Harrison, who lives in Manchester, told the BBC.

Soon after the quake occurred the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) estimated the magnitude at 4.7, but the British Geological Survey later raised the figure to 5.3.

The USGS said on its Web site the quake's epicentre was 205 km (127 miles) north of London and 80 km (50 miles) east of Sheffield.

"We have no reports of injuries (in London)," said a police spokesman in the capital.

You know it's just occurred to me.... Never mind if the MFC'ers are O.K. (although I desperately love you guys and I'm actually joking with this).... Is Mika alright?!!

I can't believe all my thoughts were just with the other MFC'ers, but it's true! But I hope Mika and the band are O.K. too!!