Did anyone else experience the earthquake lastnight ??!!

mikas_gal07

Hello Sarah. You say you didn't feel it at all!!!

I did. It was awful. Was like being on a swaying boat.

The house shook.

I would have been so scared!

It wasn't as strong over here in the Manchester area, but it was felt by many, still. Maybe not strong enough to wake everyone up unless you are a light sleeper..

I was awake at that time and I didn't feel a thing!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been so scared!

I was awake at that time and I didn't feel a thing!

My TV table/unit started creaking and rattling and I thought a big truck had gone by..never considered an earthquake..

I bet it was terrifying over in Lincs/Yorks, I've just seen the video of those lads in Doncaster on the news, it sounded exactly like an underground train! :shocked:

How bad was it for you? I only found out about it this morning!

Lincolnshire and Humberside definately got the worst of it.

I dont know if any of you saw the ITV news report on it tonight? The camera footage of the earth shaking and things colapsing was in Hull.... :boxed: (near where i live btw)

Lincolnshire and Humberside definately got the worst of it.

I dont know if any of you saw the ITV news report on it tonight? The camera footage of the earth shaking and things colapsing was in Hull.... :boxed: (near where i live btw)

Yeah... It's quite bad isn't it?

I would have been staying in Hull! :shocked:

We were planning this thing with one of my friends and I would have been staying over night in Hull.... :blink:

It least there's not to many people hurt.

Yeah... It's quite bad isn't it?

I would have been staying in Hull! :shocked:

We were planning this thing with one of my friends and I would have been staying over night in Hull.... :blink:

It least there's not to many people hurt.

:naughty: I love Hull. Go Hull City/Hull FC!!! :bleh:

it's scary stuff! I can't believe i was in an earthquake in England!!! arrrgh!!! :naughty:

At least now, in my geography exam, i'll have better knowledge of earthquakes now....... :bleh:

I felt it last night. I live in Newcastle so it wasn't very strong. I had gone to bed at 12:30 so i wasn't quite asleep yet when I felt the quake. I thought the dog had somehow got into my room and trying to get on the bed! :naughty: I had know idea what was happening, I just thought I imagined it cos of being asleep. Not many other people I know felt it cos they were all asleep and it didn't wake em.

But sounds really scary down South!

My flat is right at the top of the building here, so I'm used to the place shaking a little when an aeroplane flies overhead, which is what I assumed the tremors to be last night (though I thought it must have been kind of a slow plane, 'cause it lasted a while XD ). Then I looked at the news this morning, and realised, to my surprise, that it had been an earthquake!

Felt the quake last night, had not long come off line and our baby son was only just going back off to sleep. We live in Northamptonshire and it was quite mild here but obvious what it was.

Said to my husband, think that was an earthquake, yep was the reply and due to serious sleep deprivation we both just slept on !!!

Felt terrible this morning when heard other mums in our village had rounded up their children when it happend. I didn't even check on my two boys!!

Well , obviously i thanked people because they said they are glad noone was injured so said thanks for the concern , but all is ok , there werent many injuries ??! :blink: shall i say next time , well im not thankful for you saying your glad were ok , because were not injured and be ungrateful ?? It was still scary for people none the less , so yeah its the type of person i am when people show concern .... i dont see how that is strange and i shouldnt be thinking anything apart from my own thoughts , but you have your opinion and i have mine ...

Jesus christ what is wrong with this place lately is it pick an arguement day or what

(sorry for the religious people if my choice of words offended)

As I said, I wasn't trying to offended people. I too am glad that no one was injured, I just thought that it was weird the way you were thanking people. I mean I actually personally knew 4 guys that were killed and 15 others that were injured in the Bali bombings back in 2002 and I always thought it better to thank the hard working people who helped afterwards. If someone made a comment to me about their concern, I was glad for their concern that there wasn't more deaths but didn't thank them and in your original posts you made it sound as though either you were personally injured or you were out there helping people.

As I had said I wasn't meaning to offend anyone and I didn't think you'd take it so personally... It wasn't a personal attack on you, or on anyone else, I just said my opinion and it wasn't a mean one.

:roftl:

Nico and her sis .. chill over some drinkies later :naughty:

Ohh you know the background hun :wink2:

Anyways even my enginners felt all of it eeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I would sleep through it all ...Im a deeeppp sleeper

Actually David, I didn't know who mikas_gal07 was until after the comment... so if you think this was an attack to your new girlfriend, indirectly from your old then you have another thing coming. I myself wouldn't bother to be honest and to think that you think that I'd go out of my way to do something is the true insult... I'm big enough and ugly enough to think for myself and don't need anyone whispering in my ear... Anyhow, as I said it's a forum and we are allowed to voice our opinions. I have nothing against her, you or anyone else on this site though you're really trying it...

Why is it silly? When 9/11 happened here in the states, and people

told me they were glad I was OK, and I said thanks -- was that silly?

I don't get it.

FWIW, *I* thank the people who are concerned and the earthquake

didn't even happen in my country! I think we need more people

to be concerned when bad things happen in the rest of the world.

Ahem. Sorry for going off-topic -- I really am glad that our UK

friends all seem to be none the worse for wear!

dcdeb

I'm sorry dcdeb, as I said before I wasn't supposed to be mean or to offend... I just thought forums were a place to voice an opinion. I am allowed to do so if I'm not being offensive (which I thought I wasn't), right? I mean just because someone isn't a regular here, they shouldn't be condemned for making a comment that was taken offensively but wasn't meant that way.

If anyone has a problem, PM me.

I'm sorry dcdeb, as I said before I wasn't supposed to be mean or to offend... I just thought forums were a place to voice an opinion. I am allowed to do so if I'm not being offensive (which I thought I wasn't), right? I mean just because someone isn't a regular here, they shouldn't be condemned for making a comment that was taken offensively but wasn't meant that way.

If anyone has a problem, PM me.

You can certainly voice an opinion. That's your right.

But you can't be upset when others

voice an opinion back. That's their right.

Your comment was surprising -- calling people silly for

stating they were concerned about others... how is that silly?

I still don't get it. But that's my opinion.

If you think it's silly, well, so be it.

dcdeb

You can certainly voice an opinion. That's your right.

But you can't be upset when others

voice an opinion back. That's their right.

Your comment was surprising -- calling people silly for

stating they were concerned about others... how is that silly?

I still don't get it. But that's my opinion.

If you think it's silly, well, so be it.

dcdeb

I never meant they were silly, I only meant it was silly. I never meant to call her silly...

I think it would have but it would have been pretty mild. Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and Hull were the worse hit places.

Yes - London is about 125 miles away from the epicentre so it wouldn't have been as strong as it was up here. They most definately felt it - although it was much worse here.

And all i've heard the past 2 days from my lad mates are jokes about 'did the earth move for me??' etc. :glasses2:

And of course it means that i've had to do a lot of work on this earthquake for geography.... brainwave of the teacher....... hurrah......... :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

Yes - London is about 125 miles away from the epicentre so it wouldn't have been as strong as it was up here. They most definately felt it - although it was much worse here.

And all i've heard the past 2 days from my lad mates are jokes about 'did the earth move for me??' etc. :glasses2:

And of course it means that i've had to do a lot of work on this earthquake for geography.... brainwave of the teacher....... hurrah......... :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: Evil geography teachers... are's did that :roftl:

:roftl: Evil geography teachers... are's did that :roftl:

Gosh, i know. You should have seen them when the tsunami happened in 2004 - they we're going crazy over that. we spent about 2 whole months writing essays and case studies on tectonic plates and destructive/constructive plate margins............. :sneaky2::badmood:

I'm just hoping a volcano doesn't erupt or anything else before i leave in May or else that means more case studies and essays...........

(and it might mean that i have to suffer watching Dantes Peak again..... they always put that on when they cant think of anything else to do).

Gosh, i know. You should have seen them when the tsunami happened in 2004 - they we're going crazy over that. we spent about 2 whole months writing essays and case studies on tectonic plates and destructive/constructive plate margins............. :sneaky2::badmood:

I'm just hoping a volcano doesn't erupt or anything else before i leave in May or else that means more case studies and essays...........

(and it might mean that i have to suffer watching Dantes Peak again..... they always put that on when they cant think of anything else to do).

:roftl: A volcano's probally just erupted now you said that... :naughty: