2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Ive not written a blog on it or a review or posted my FEW pics (new camera was poopy) but I did get some reasonable vids apart from the sound that goes low when I zoomed in ??? it's not a bad video so here is the link to "Any Other World" Brixton 28.2.08

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_mq0T4lTo

When I get my looong yet awesome Lollipop finale vid the right size i will also post that.

Thanks Sparkly, this video is incredible!! The quality, the view you had of him...sigh....Amazing!!

Sparkly, I've used a program to reduce the file size to under 100MB

-- http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It's not too hard to understand and it seems to work pretty well without

losing too much resolution.

dcdeb

Thanks for that Deb, I will also give it a go, as I always have trouble finding conversions that look "ok" on youtube and so...I always lose so much quality and it's so frustrating...

Awww, how long did I have to wait for that

:wub2: This is just sooo awwww

*Sigh*

Thanks Violet:wub2:. Thursday was certainly one of the highlights of the year for me,LOL!! This pic captures it all, that's why I love it so much.

On another note: Does anyone know that girl wearing the green shirt? Is she someone from the MFC?

Why, do you happen to like the shape of her elbows?:naughty:

He looks so happy there... genuinely happy to take a picture with you, not just posing. And you look great too Sara... what a great picture. :)

Thank you!

As for looking happy, he'd just thanked me for making the Tshirt and said he loved it so he'd better look happy on the pic,hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

I think that because here he was just fresh after making the speech and all that, the issues hadn't started (and I was the first one to ask for a pic I believe) so his mood was all right.

Mwuahahahaaaaa.

Yeah that's a fabulous picture! Wish I'd stuck by your side early that night. :wub2:

You should always stick by my side Christine:roftl: .

Funnily enough, when I saw him come into th room initially I thought I was in the wrong side,because I was sort of close to the bar, but then he made his way to that side for his speech and he ended up right in front of me.

So I made the most of it once he'd finished talking, hehe...It was REALLY important for me to speak to him that night, I could not possibly go home without mentioning the thsirt to him.

I think that anyone else in my position would have felt the same, no?:blush-anim-cl:

I think that anyone else in my position would have felt the same, no?:blush-anim-cl:

Yes of course! I would have done the same thing if I'd been near him before people got up in his face. You can see from the picture that things were still quite relaxed at that point. Same with the photo of Blue.

But I just immediately cleared off to the side when he ended his speech because I wasn't that close to him to start with and assumed he would begin by talking to the people near him first. There was no point in crowding around waiting when he said he'd make his way round the room.

Cynthia said that when she spoke to him she was surrounded by dozens of people hanging on every word. He should have been left to have semi-private conversations with people and not have the entire room surrounding him the whole time eavesdropping and trying to butt in.

It was like an episode of the Bachelor except there were 100 bachelorettes instead of 25. :boxed:

Yes of course! I would have done the same thing if I'd been near him before people got up in his face. You can see from the picture that things were still quite relaxed at that point. Same with the photo of Blue.

But I just immediately cleared off to the side when he ended his speech because I wasn't that close to him to start with and assumed he would begin by talking to the people near him first. There was no point in crowding around waiting when he said he'd make his way round the room.

Cynthia said that when she spoke to him she was surrounded by dozens of people hanging on every word. He should have been left to have semi-private conversations with people and not have the entire room surrounding him the whole time eavesdropping and trying to butt in.

It was like an episode of the Bachelor except there were 100 bachelorettes instead of 25. :boxed:

And the bachelor isn't even eligible:roftl: :roftl:

And the bachelor isn't even eligible:roftl: :roftl:

Exactly. :lmao:

That's why I'm having such a hard time understanding this need to cling to Mika's leg like grim death, especially by people who've already seen him a dozen times already.

I love Mika. I really, really do. But I just don't get this need to get his attention at all costs every single time he's anywhere he can be accessed by fans (and sometimes places he's not). We're all fans and we're all obsessed, but I just don't understand this aspect of it. Not among adults and not among people who've been around him enough that they should no longer be starstruck to the point of losing self-control.

Have a little dignity people. If you can't muster up that, at least show some respect for Mika and let him breathe once in awhile.

Exactly. :lmao:

That's why I'm having such a hard time understanding this need to cling to Mika's leg like grim death, especially by people who've already seen him a dozen times already.

I love Mika. I really, really do. But I just don't get this need to get his attention at all costs every single time he's anywhere he can be accessed by fans (and sometimes places he's not). We're all fans and we're all obsessed, but I just don't understand this aspect of it. Not among adults and not among people who've been around him enough that they should no longer be starstruck to the point of losing self-control.

Have a little dignity people. If you can't muster up that, at least show some respect for Mika and let him breathe once in awhile.

Well, my impression (based on what I've seen so far, and not only last week) is that perhaps some people use Mika as some sort of "escape" of RL, and they just go too far in doing so.

The mobbing on thursday is imo not any different to what happens before and after every gig, just slightly worse as he asked for the space, but the general behaviour is the same: people losing their marbles once he's close.

Tbh I'm usually too proud and feel too stupid if I were to run after him calling out for his attention, but obviously some people don't feel that way and find this totally normal:boxed: .

In my eyes, the most upsetting thing about this is that most of those who behaved this way on thu were people who ALWAYS do it. Yet some are "upped" to status of "saints" on MFC so what can you do:naughty: .

I am still trying to figure out about the company to do the image transfer on the tea set, cause most do mugs but I want one who does the rest of the set too, but let's keep the discussion over that in "our" thread: i don't want to drag this OT :bleh:

np, ruth. I was speaking to mika about smt else and he brought up the topic by asking if i had got a wristband, cause he wanted me to. I showed him my wristband, but mentioned several diehard fans (mfc'ers) didn't get it and pointed allegra and rose as example. some of it you have seen on video: as ya saw, he was NOT pleased mfc'ers hadn't got it..

so, we shall not forget mika and john: they have been true stars. :wub2:

thanks so much for what you do,with allegra,because some of friends didn't have one...

and thanks to john,mika,his mother,for the aftershow,for the hot chocolate,for fans jumping on stage,for the good champagne,for all what they did in this special evening!!!

so,as some of you who did so much gigs but don't have any pix with only HIM,i have now two,quickly and bad but i was very happy to be so close,can't talk due to the crowd,but now have THE pix and specially never froget this moment(yes,his arm on me too...)

is it "babyish"???i have 30,but i think it's not,because it's MIKA....:wub2:

so,thanks to all sweet people i saw in london,thanks to ruth for sending me pixs;and i 'll be very happy if i can help you in the thread for "parc des princes":thumb_yello:

sorry for my english,take care and have a mikalistock week end!

(other pixs on myspace and a lot better soon...)

dsc02210.jpg

dsc02211.jpg

I see my head there in the 1st row !But I didn't even realize that screaming !:shocked::boxed:

You were probably up there in the Mika-cloud already:naughty: .

Nothing beats our good old all time favourite: "I SAW YOU AT THE MOD CLUB!" though :lol3::roll1::naughty: