2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

wasnt it!! i really dont know how i survived wearing Sylvester all that time! Once i got on stage that was it, the combination of heat exhaustion,dehydration and adrenaline took its toll :naughty:

Blimey, I must be getting immune to the heat, I was pretty comfortable all night.

Although the lights on stage can be pretty intense and if you're already hot, I guess the extra heat could knock you for six.

When they came on the fist thing I thought was 'Why is Paul Rudd playing drums?' His manorisms and everything really reminded me of him.

oooh thank u!!!! someone else agrees!! He was the spitting image of Paul Rudd, and as you said, even his mannerisms were the same!!!!!

but wait no it was the keyboardist not the drummer...

Oh... well I don't know what he was doing (they bored me to death so I wasn;t really paying attention) but I do remember him.. I only really noticed when they walked on stage. The rest of the time we were just trying to dance around over-enthusiastically to overcome the boredom.

Oh... well I don't know what he was doing (they bored me to death so I wasn;t really paying attention) but I do remember him.. I only really noticed when they walked on stage. The rest of the time we were just trying to dance around over-enthusiastically to overcome the boredom.

hahahaha I know what u mean... I was thinking, "hmmmm IF that IS Paul Rudd, he should stick to acting" :roftl:

P1090060.jpg

P1090061.jpg

Oooooohhh:wub2:

Aw, poor mobbed boy. He looks so tired out. Good thing he has a short name to sign all those autographs! :thumb_yello:

Marleen, thanks for these excellent videos....and yes, Grey Skelly is getting some real quality "snogging" (hope i am using this term correctly!) time with Mika!

Which reminds me...I must say this.

Besides the "mobbing" during the party, I don't think that this has been mentioned, and I won't say any names, but I found it pathetic that "some" who had had their time with Mika (and even got pics, etc) during the party, then decided to run to the exit door to catch him again when he was leaving the building.

I found that SOOO bad, no words to describe how I feel about it, really.

When is "enough" enough? Do people not have any sense?

It does seem a bit much when you look at every "mika entering the venue" "mika leaving the venue" "mika at the party" pic or video, and you see the same people there:thumbdown:.

The WWRY bit was during the encore wasn't it? I vaguely remember hearing it as we were getting pushed along the front of the stage and round the side of the crowd :sneaky2:

That's cause you had been naughty:roftl:

Besides the "mobbing" during the party, I don't think that this has been mentioned, and I won't say any names, but I found it pathetic that "some" who had had their time with Mika (and even got pics, etc) during the party, then decided to run to the exit door to catch him again when he was leaving the building.

It does seem a bit much when you look at every "mika entering the venue" "mika leaving the venue" "mika at the party" pic or video, and you see the same people there:thumbdown:.

I couldn't even believe it when I saw a video or something and he turned to ppl and said "Oh, you were at the afterparty..." :thumbdown:

After the party I stood by the front of the venue saying good bye to all of you...I miss you ppl :tears:

Couldn't agree more, you put in words just what I feel about the whole thing. There are things and people I simply don't understand.

I know exactly what you mean... i could not understand it either.. I mean, how many pics and autographs can you take! some people were just not grateful and very greedy...

:blink:

but hey, I know i can not change people.. and although I did not have a picture with him.. i still think i was lucky to be invited to the after party.. I drank champaign with Mika and his band! that should have been enough for others... I know it was more than enough for me...

:boxed:

That's the point! I mean, what other artist does that for his fans? And shouldn't we be eternally grateful for having been there in a party with him and the band, and his family too? I mean, come on, you can't pretend to be with him all the time, can you? Let other people get their chance and, above all, let him breath and move, for God sake!!!! We've lost our marbles in here...

It just made me really mad to see that some people, while the rest were saying goodbye, etc, just made their way to the back, when I knew well that some of them (or even many of them) had spoken to him at the party and had even had a pic with him.

And believe me, this one particular person even had this "i am trying to look innocent" look on her face while she slid down the alley....not saying anything...just looking around and seemingly trying to appear inconspicious...but she KNEW she was guilty as hell!:roftl:.

It becomes quite comical in a way.

How can grown ups be like that?

Big booo:thumbdown:

Oh yeah, we saw more than a couple of people with their "innocent" look on their face walking towards the alley.. right after the after party

:roftl:

we are laughing about it now.. but back then lots of people were deeply annoyed by it...

I loved it when we all sat outside after the after party and we started our gossip session.. I know you were over the cloud after seeing him wear your tshirt.. that was amazing..

:punk:

come to think of it... it was an amazing night... doesn't matter what other did or how they behaved.. they reflect their own personality and not ours..

:thumb_yello:

You're totally right! About everything!!

Anyway just to make a point on my previous post: I didn't find it bad that people who had not had the chance to speak to him went there, just the ones who had had more than their share of the Mika time.

And regarding the tshirt I'm still over the moon, as I since found pics of him wearing it in Seattle, Chicago and San Francisco..so he wasn't lying when he said he's been wearing it for the US tour:roftl: .

The thing that got me was not that people were crowding around him to get a photo etc. at the party, it was the fact that it was the same people who stuck around after they'd had their turn wanting more and then went back to say bye to him when he said he had to leave in 2 minutes and then went to see him at the stage door aswell after. It was the same people every time and it was the same people who had been crowding around him before and after the other gigs.

I don't judge people for doing one of those things but diving on him at every available moment without sparing a thought for either Mika or the people who had only got to see his hair bobbing past every other moment like this during that week was what got me angry.

But on a lighter note I don't think I've actually said it yet in this thread but I think this gig was the most FUN one of all. The performance was great, my place in the crowd was pretty much perfect, I don't think I've ever jumped around or screamed as much at any of the other gigs, plus we got to dance on stage! (My 3rd time now = woop!) Was a great concert to end the tour with. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with the other 2 London ones but there was something missing at each one that I couldn't put my finger on. Whatever it was, it was here at this last gig. :thumb_yello:

The thing that got me was not that people were crowding around him to get a photo etc. at the party, it was the fact that it was the same people who stuck around after they'd had their turn wanting more and then went back to say bye to him when he said he had to leave in 2 minutes and then went to see him at the stage door aswell after. It was the same people every time and it was the same people who had been crowding around him before and after the other gigs.

I don't judge people for doing one of those things but diving on him at every available moment without sparing a thought for either Mika or the people who had only got to see his hair bobbing past every other moment like this during that week was what got me angry.

But on a lighter note I don't think I've actually said it yet in this thread but I think this gig was the most FUN one of all. The performance was great, my place in the crowd was pretty much perfect, I don't think I've ever jumped around or screamed as much at any of the other gigs, plus we got to dance on stage! (My 3rd time now = woop!) Was a great concert to end the tour with. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with the other 2 London ones but there was something missing at each one that I couldn't put my finger on. Whatever it was, it was here at this last gig. :thumb_yello:

Agree with everything you said Jennie- Well put.

About the mobbing/following...well, there is tons of evidence isn't there?:naughty:

The gig was absolutely superb- it was truly incredible, they were all on fire, having fun, so were we, it was undescribable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub2::punk:

I couldn't even believe it when I saw a video or something and he turned to ppl and said "Oh, you were at the afterparty..." :thumbdown:

After the party I stood by the front of the venue saying good bye to all of you...I miss you ppl :tears:

Miss you too, sweetie ~x~

.. and although I did not have a picture with him.. i still think i was lucky to be invited to the after party.. I drank champaign with Mika and his band! that should have been enough for others... I know it was more than enough for me...

:boxed:

I feel like that too.

I don't have to feel guilty about not moving away because I did move. I didn't hear him asking for a drink or for space, because I wasn't part of the problem. He toasted us and we toasted him. I met the band and some of Mika's family.

And because people have generously posted vids and photos, I've pretty much seen everything.

And I think we have a happier outlook on life for refusing to look at the disappointments.

<off topic> P.S. I went to Dubai when I went to Abu Dhabi in 2003!

The gig was absolutely superb- it was truly incredible, they were all on fire, having fun, so were we, it was undescribable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub2::punk:

It was amazing :)

Sign of a good concert when I didn't take a single photo or video and actually put my camera over the barrier with my coat etc. so I could have as much fun as I could.

For me to part with my camera like that is really something. The girl who takes her camera to the laundrette and the supermarket :naughty:

You summed it up.. this is exactly how I feel..

You've been to Dubai?? did you like it?

:offtopic:

Oh yes, loads.

My sister worked in AD for two years so I visited her there. She had a voucher for a room at the Hilton Creek Hotel, so we had a free night there. And I picked where we ate; a proper local place with the men all coming out from Friday prayers. They couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.

And the U.A.E. felt so safe - no drunken louts etc.

It was amazing :)

Sign of a good concert when I didn't take a single photo or video and actually put my camera over the barrier with my coat etc. so I could have as much fun as I could.

For me to part with my camera like that is really something. The girl who takes her camera to the laundrette and the supermarket :naughty:

You take the camera to the launderette?? And I thought that I was a freak???????????:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

What are you hoping to catch, some hot guy changing out of his clothes like that old coke ad?

I will post all my pics and videos of the 28th gig as soon as am back home..

i am still on holiday in London.. no time to download my camera.. will do it next Sunday/Monday

sariflor, I have one more picture of him wearing YOUR tshirt that you can add to your collection...

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, it was nice meeting you!

Can't wait for your pics and videos. :glasses3:

You take the camera to the launderette?? And I thought that I was a freak???????????:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

What are you hoping to catch, some hot guy changing out of his clothes like that old coke ad?

I've never even seen anyone in our laundrette! I did see some girl from my flat walking along the courtyard on her way back from the laundrette in just her underwear with her bag of washing under her arm hahha in December!!!!

Didn't take a photo though...that'd just be werid.

but you never know...it could have been the coke ad guy instead!

A week ago!!!!

hi i know i have been saying all day today 'this time last week' - it was just so fantastic & i keep remebering bits & pieces from the gig :thumb_yello:

i would like to thank everyone for their great photos (my camera went wrong:thumbdown:) & also all the fantastic videos they are brilliant memories, thankyou :thumb_yello:

I did see some girl from my flat walking along the courtyard on her way back from the laundrette in just her underwear with her bag of washing under her arm hahha in December!!!!

Now THAT is just plain weird!!

Anyway a few more pics:

Raw00121.jpg

Raw00122.jpg

Raw00123.jpg

Raw00124.jpg

Raw00125.jpg

Raw00129.jpg

Raw00130.jpg