2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

CHEEK :shocked: I just meant I kinda act the same as Sarifour in that instance as mentioned in the past posts:bleh:

Am I imagining it or has your lollipop video just vanished.... I swear I'd saved it to favorites...

Of course not. You be as happy as you like!:wink2:

I'm not pissed off about my experience as such, but can't put a rose tinted glow on it either.

I was pissed off with others' behaviour that night and that I felt certain members opinions were being disregarded earlier in this thread.

Hi bab. I am SO pleased to see you posting.

I think amongst other things that I'm leaning to the CBT view of the evening, that on the whole feeling overlooked and slighted just isn't a help from a personal point of view. not that you're not entitled to you PoV. Just a mental health trick :bleh:

That MM video on Megaupload is well worth waiting for. Excellent.

Is it slightly different in that they do a line of of Sara's song (the Groove amarda track) after they've started MM?

I thought so on the night. It's lovely to hear and see it again.

Oh I know what I wanted to ask for ages...

Why was Mika wearing a microphone.....

Anyone....

Does he ever stop working even when he's supposed to be enjoying himself lol

Hi bab. I am SO pleased to see you posting.

I think amongst other things that I'm leaning to the CBT view of the evening, that on the whole feeling overlooked and slighted just isn't a help from a personal point of view. not that you're not entitled to you PoV. Just a mental health trick :bleh:

But that's what's bugging me most, Ruth. I don't feel overlooked or slighted in terms of the afterparty.

I did feel overlooked and slighted on this thread, being told by people how lucky I was and how grateful I should feel. I quite resented that.

Anyone....

Does he ever stop working even when he's supposed to be enjoying himself lol

that's a good observation actually:blink:

since i didn't saw speakers around, maybe he used the mic to communicate with his crew

very :bond:like :naughty:

or probably its linked to Andy's cam and the infamous personal vid of the DH tour

p.s: I don't enter in the afterparty convo coz I was hyperhappy for the best experience of my life till now...what came after the gig doesn't matter so much to me

{AAAAH MIKA has affected my way of think and now I'm a fkn optimist! HELP!!!}:roftl:

Anyone....

I was wondering that too. Maybe it was recording so that Andy didn't have to be next to him to catch what he was saying on camera?

Did anyone notice if Mika was singing when everyone sang Happy Birthday?

Well Jems and I can, because she came up to us and gave us one each, without us having spoken to her.

I'm not so bothered that I didn't get to speak to Mika, VS, as I have said before, but what does bother me was other people's behaviour and also the assumption in this thread, that we all should be grateful simply for being there.

I think it is generally silly to go and tell people what they are supposed to feel about a certain event, because we all have our very own perception of things and noone can stand inside your shoes but you, right?

I wish the afterparty had not happened but as I told some friends when it was over, I'm glad that I went. Because I knew the next time I logged onto MFC I'd read all kinds of rose-tinted reports about how it was the greatest experience a Mika fan could ever hope to have.

I'm glad that I saw for myself what really happened and don't have to wonder if I missed out on something or whose version of events was accurate.

Oh I'm sure I would have had a slightly nagging feeling if I had not gone in spite of the wristband :roftl: It was not really a decision to go. Once I had that ribbon it was out of question that I would, as it was for most of us, I suppose. Without a ribbon I still would have had the option to say I don't care :naughty:

But (and I think I have said this just about enough today) just now after having gotten a tiny little bit of the idea of sort of an insight in what the M's approach towards it all was, I can't say I'm very happy to have been there.

I was wondering that too. Maybe it was recording so that Andy didn't have to be next to him to catch what he was saying on camera?

Did anyone notice if Mika was singing when everyone sang Happy Birthday?

I thought the mic had something to do with security (so they were probably not sooo unprepared)

About the Happy Bday singing I may be wrong but I think he ignored it :naughty:

Maybe he didn't ignore it but I can recall that I found it odd he didn't join in.

But I didn't wear my glasses and was standing on the opposite wall, so... I'm not sure :blink:

Well, I think the Spanish girls posts really sum-up what I think of the whole thing (love you both Black Queen and Sariflor)...

The thing is...I saw some of the conversation about the passes happen between Mika's mom and that fan Olga...

And it didn't came from her...nor the 70+ that ended up happenning...so I have my opinion on that and my conscience clear.

Many will say/think I didn't deserve to be there...My first gig was on the 25th, didn't follow him from the beginning (though I love his music from the very beginning)...maybe, but on Monday it was said (in front of his mom) that if some of us went backstage (the ones that have been following him), that I would go as well, since I was the first from Portugal to see a concert from him...and abroad

....you should have seen me....I was AFRAID of going, AFRAID ppl would talk sh*t behind my back

And I don't think anyone would put 100+ ppl in a room without him knowing about it

Heck, this made much more sense in my head...I didn't explain very well :blush-anim-cl::shocked:

I thought the mic had something to do with security (so they were probably not sooo unprepared)

About the Happy Bday singing I may be wrong but I think he ignored it :naughty:

Maybe he didn't ignore it but I can recall that I found it odd he didn't join in.

But I didn't wear my glasses and was standing on the opposite wall, so... I'm not sure :blink:

I would've been be sick of singin' anything if I were him:roftl:

and maybe with that mic on he didn't wanna to record his performance of HB

Well, I think the Spanish girls posts really sum-up what I think of the whole thing (love you both Black Queen and Sariflor)...

The thing is...I saw some of the conversation about the passes happen between Mika's mom and that fan Olga...

And it didn't came from her...nor the 70+ that ended up happenning...so I have my opinion on that and my conscience clear.

Many will say/think I didn't deserve to be there...My first gig was on the 25th, didn't follow him from the beginning (though I love his music from the very beginning)...maybe, but on Monday it was said (in front of his mom) that if some of us went backstage (the ones that have been following him), that I would go as well, since I was the first from Portugal to see a concert from him...and abroad

....you should have seen me....I was AFRAID of going, AFRAID ppl would talk sh*t behind my back

And I don't think anyone would put 100+ ppl in a room without him knowing about it

Heck, this made much more sense in my head...I didn't explain very well :blush-anim-cl::shocked:

I too would be afraid of people being snobbish about me, as although I have been a fan since the beginning I havn't been on this forum since the beginning and I have only been to one gig :( thats parents for you though! I think it's sad though that we both would be afraid, and it's not the vibe I would like the MFC to give out. Not that I don't love it here though!!!

I would've been be sick of singin' anything if I were him:roftl:

:lol3: I start thinking that it might have been best for the M to stick to Plan A and leave the building via the back door while everybody was locked up at the party :naughty::lmao:

:lol3: I start thinking that it might have been best for the M to stick to Plan A and leave the building via the back door while everybody was locked up at the party :naughty::lmao:

hehe!!! That would have been a good plan for everyone!

I too would be afraid of people being snobbish about me, as although I have been a fan since the beginning I havn't been on this forum since the beginning and I have only been to one gig :( thats parents for you though! I think it's sad though that we both would be afraid, and it's not the vibe I would like the MFC to give out. Not that I don't love it here though!!!

But I wasn't afraid before going there...but after being there :boxed:

Did I got a pic?? yes...Am I fine with it???? Yes....he iniciated both the conversation and the pic thing

Wish it had been diferent??? Yes....but the truth is....when I go to bed, all I remember/try to remember is the great gig I witnessed this night

I still don't have my photo with him (I didn't took it) and honestly??? It doesn't make a difference, it's not the most important thing....I rather have a pic with me and Rose in it :bleh:

My conscience is clear and I'm ok with myself...just not with some ppl, but not my place to speak or say names...I'll just stear away from them next time

And yes, parents and RL sometimes do suck :bleh:

Thank you...and yes, I agree I got more than I paid for and very thankfull and greatefull for it...just am a bit "scared" (:boxed:) of sometimes showing it because some ppl I loved meeting didn't had a good time

But I wasn't afraid before going there...but after being there :boxed:

Did I got a pic?? yes...Am I fine with it???? Yes....he iniciated both the conversation and the pic thing

Wish it had been diferent??? Yes....but the truth is....when I go to bed, all I remember/try to remember is the great gig I witnessed this night

I still don't have my photo with him (I didn't took it) and honestly??? It doesn't make a difference, it's not the most important thing....I rather have a pic with me and Rose in it :bleh:

My conscience is clear and I'm ok with myself...just not with some ppl, but not my place to speak or say names...I'll just stear away from them next time

And yes, parents and RL sometimes do suck :bleh:

you speak a lot of sense indeed!! The gig was great, and what I hahve tried to point out all along is that it was the music that mattered, and that was the reason we went there!! To listen to his music!!

About the pic, do you know who took it? If I were you, I would go to any lengths to try and find it!!

I am glad Mika initiated convo and pic with you not vice versa!!:mf_rosetinted:

Thank you...and yes, I agree I got more than I paid for and very thankfull and greatefull for it...just am a bit "scared" (:boxed:) of sometimes showing it because some ppl I loved meeting didn't had a good time

dont be afraid - rejoice in the fact you had a great time, just dont start to boast!!!:naughty::thumb_yello:

oh no... i said i was out... anyway :

i don't think when titania says that none of mika or mika's family were involved or aware of that, she means that he learned it when he got out of the stage ! of course it is a bit prepared... but i think she meant that if they had been given choice they would have said no... and by "given choice" i'm not only talking about management and stuffs... harassement from fans can lead to an idea of "i have no choice, if i don't give them what they want, i won't get rid of them". that's what i'm talking about.

so yes he was quite prepared with the microphone...

yes he was there and smiling, and so on, cuddling, taking pics, "paying attention" to what you said, etc.

yes his mum was there too, filming everything...

but do you think he would have left "alive" if he had come with a 10ft long face not smiling, if his family was hiding from people, etc. ?? not quite sure, and critics from fans would have been even harder than what we already have here...

i think it's more like a "i'm there, let's get rid of it" "not aware of" than a "really not aware of that"...

not sure i'm really clear :blink:

Good point Greta! :roftl:

That would have worked for me. Then I wouldn't have had that mob in my way while I was trying to get to Luke's brother.

Anyone else notice that Mika had a bit of a shave???!!! lol! :roftl: :roftl:

Damn him! I prefer the before pics. :wub2: