The Oldling Thread (PART 12!!!)

dcdeb

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all, we would need to get Mika's permission and then, he would have to think about what kinda of charity he would like to do or be a part of. All money raised would go to his charity.

What we would do is set up an auction site/store to raise money for the charity. The fans and he would be responsible for donating items to be auctioned. These things could be art work by fans, backstage passes (which always bring in a ton of money), personal items of his...etc. The list is endless.

During Meet and Greets, there could be auctions. It would be a lot of work. People would need to be involved in shipping, etc.

I think this would be fabulous. Mika has such a huge impact on people and this would just be one other thing for him to be involved in. Josh Groban's Mom overseas the charity. I can almost see Mika's Mom doing the same thing.

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!!:punk:

I think that's an amazing idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you need any help organizing that please let me know!!!!:thumb_yello:

First of all, we would need to get Mika's permission and then, he would have to think about what kinda of charity he would like to do or be a part of. All money raised would go to his charity.

What we would do is set up an auction site/store to raise money for the charity. The fans and he would be responsible for donating items to be auctioned. These things could be art work by fans, backstage passes (which always bring in a ton of money), personal items of his...etc. The list is endless.

During Meet and Greets, there could be auctions. It would be a lot of work. People would need to be involved in shipping, etc.

I think this would be fabulous. Mika has such a huge impact on people and this would just be one other thing for him to be involved in. Josh Groban's Mom overseas the charity. I can almost see Mika's Mom doing the same thing.

How would we go about getting items from Mika for auction?

You obviously have the know-how to do this - I would be happy to

help in whatever capacity you think I could be of use! :thumb_yello:

How would we go about getting items from Mika for auction?

You obviously have the know-how to do this - I would be happy to

help in whatever capacity you think I could be of use! :thumb_yello:

We could auction off things like cd's or something to do with mika so people the meet and greets would be interested in it

The perfect time to do it would be while people wait for mika to come out too

cause i'm sure we all know it takes kinda of a while

We could auction off things like cd's or something to do with mika so people the meet and greets would be interested in it

The perfect time to do it would be while people wait for mika to come out too

cause i'm sure we all know it takes kinda of a while

Yes, thats true - there is LOTS of time to kill!!! :thumb_yello:

While I think it's a wonderful idea, I think I may be overextended

just moderating here :insane: Once we become official, I guess

we'll see what happens... :naughty:

A little progress, Rose... sorry it's taken so long for you to get the

van sorted, though. If you were here in DC you'd be the ONLY courier

I would ever use! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

And you would be my favourite customer Deb;-)

Charlie, I would definitely be up for that, and I'm sure that at some point Mika may be up for it, have to find a good time to ask. Probably best to wait 'til the whole official things been sorted out.

I am having trouble with my USB memory stick. Cant get the videos

loaded on it - it seems to have frozen. Managed to get ONE video

on it!! :boxed: Should I need to do them all individually, or is there

a way I can do them all at once?

alcam

perhaps a childminding charity to help oldlings get to more concerts without having a complex, mixing with the young ones. lol:naughty:

Hello - welcome - fab idea!!

I am having trouble with my USB memory stick. Cant get the videos

loaded on it - it seems to have frozen. Managed to get ONE video

on it!! :boxed: Should I need to do them all individually, or is there

a way I can do them all at once?

Hmm not sure

Hi all BTW

Alcam - did I see you at Hammy ??

Hello oldlings!

Charlotte, the Mika charity thing sounds SO exciting! I would be up for it. Gosh, sometimes you can see how much time I have around here. :fisch: And then other times, I'm not around much!

Wendy, I am getting anxious for your lead! I am afraid I will miss your post. My mom is coming to visit for the weekend :thumb_yello: and I won't be around much until Monday.:thumbdown:

Hi Rose!

alcam

perhaps a childminding charity to help oldlings get to more concerts without having a complex, mixing with the young ones. lol:naughty:

hi Oldlings, just catching up here. Alcam - age absolutely no problem at Mika gigs, I speak from experience now.

I only try to acquire children when I want to watch a cartoon at the cinema :naughty:

Hi Sas - not seen you for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages!!

I knooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww...:shocked:

Very buuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssyyyyyyyyy actually..:blink:

But now I am back for a while..:bleh:

So I can get on your nerves again..:naughty::angel_not:

alcam

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Maybe that is why all those reviewers are always mentioning Mika's gigs with children in the audience. All us mad moms are dragging our kids to the shows so that we can see Mika. Don't have sitters for the kids!:naughty:

And hello!

Okay, so as soon as we become official, I'll start the ball rolling on the "Mika Charity Foundation" It has to have complete buy-in from Mika otherwise, it won't work. However, I see Mika as the type who will be totally in for it. I can already see the amount of money that he could bring in for a charity.

There is a lot to consider. It took Josh over a year to decide on his Charity. In the mean time, the fans raised funds for it until he decided on where the money would officially go. It's been an amazing ride. At least I have plenty of contacts on how to properly do this.

Oh Char, those caption pix of yours are hilarious! :naughty: By any chance was it you who did that v funny thing with the Emerald Nuts TV ad on YouTube? Where Mika's face was substituted in for the guy causing all the havoc in the office when ppl were having the midafternoon low blood sugar comas?:roftl: Hehehe

Emerald Nuts? is this some sort of strange male affliction? :naughty:

I knooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww...:shocked:

Very buuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssyyyyyyyyy actually..:blink:

But now I am back for a while..:bleh:

So I can get on your nerves again..:naughty::angel_not:

hmm - are you extracting the michaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell??? :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Maybe that is why all those reviewers are always mentioning Mika's gigs with children in the audience. All us mad moms are dragging our kids to the shows so that we can see Mika. Don't have sitters for the kids!:naughty:

And hello!

Sure, blame it on the kids..:mf_rosetinted:

But it won't make you any younger..:fisch:

(yupyup.. ich bin wieder da..:naughty:)

Hello oldlings!

Charlotte, the Mika charity thing sounds SO exciting! I would be up for it. Gosh, sometimes you can see how much time I have around here. :fisch: And then other times, I'm not around much!

Wendy, I am getting anxious for your lead! I am afraid I will miss your post. My mom is coming to visit for the weekend and I won't be around much until Monday.:thumbdown:

Hi Rose!

If it does not arrive tomorrow then I wont have it till late Monday

morning - so dont worry - you will find it!! :thumb_yello:

Emerald Nuts? is this some sort of strange male affliction? :naughty:

:lmao: :lmao:

Hi Carri, Silver and Sasje!! :punk:

Nothing wrong with dragging the kids along!!

Of course not..:lmfao::blink:

As long as they don't say to you: "Aaaw.. what a lovely grandkids do you have..:biggrin2:"..:lmao: