congratulations Aurelien!!

mamsie

Oke, here I go with my experience of the last Mika Dodgy tour gig. I must say I was worried when I read about the troubles they had in the queue the 26th. So I arrived with my two kids by 4.30 PM. We were amazed by the crowd allready waiting. We walked back and forth, asking people where we could get our tickets... and finally we saw a lot of people having a number. So I found out where to get our number (don't know who gave it!). And we got our number! But still I think when we finally went in the queue, there must have gone someting wrong. Apperently not everybody knew about the numbers. Then we talked with a couple coming from Holland. They showed us the pink wristband to go to the afterparty. They said they did'nt know what to expect. They just gave them. I don't think they were members of MFC, but I am not sure. Anyway, we did'nt have them and so be it. But I would like to congratulate Aurelien because he was so busy trying to organise things. And he did a good job. He was so kind... Queing was not that bad after all. And time flies...

The gig itself was amazing (still in Brussels was the best one, I think!!:wink2: ) We had a good place in the front row and I even got the opportunity of going on stage during the Lollipop song. I had a very good time but felt a bit guilty because I would have preferred my daughter (Yooligan) standing there. I think I made her unhappy and jealous with it:boxed: But it all went so quick and what do you do...?!

I would love to see some film of it or get pictures of it. So if anyone could show me...

And then, after the gig, we ran like mad to the backdoor. The kids wanted their autograph and my daughter had this Belgian chocolate with her letter for Mika. So, we waited. And waited... Of course it took so long because of the afterparty. And it was freezingly cold. But security was entertaining and friendly. And finally Mika came out. Was tired and did'nt have much time (understandable), but the kids got their autograph and were happy afterall.

And me? Well I am suffering a bad cold now. With fever! Maybe getting a bit to old for this!!! But I had the time of my life. The two Mika gigs I saw, were the best ever. Nobody can ever take away that feeling!

About organisation in the future, I would like to give my tip. It would be good to have a true representatieve of MFC (Aurelien???). This person could ask everybody if he/she is an MFCmember when he arrives together with the Nickname. These people could have an invitation for a meet and greet. Or maybe through this forum, we had a list of the MFCmembers joining the gig. We could have a printable invitation or something. I think there were members who missed the afterparty, coming from other countries, being loyal members, maybe a bit at the background, not pushy, maybe shy; and some other people not really interested got entrance. And I also think we should respect Mika, the band and everybody else not to stick to him, show respect, not start stalking, pushing, touching... maybe a "black list" would be appropriate for this bad behavior. Oke, I know I sound like a "mum" here but there are too many fans right now and I think things must be reorganised. In these 9 months, Mika came from "boy next door" to worldwide star. And it would be a shame if he cannot be himself anymore because of a few people bothering him...

post-7803-142983675404_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last I saw of him he threw the raffle ticket book in the bin through frustration . I thought he was part of Mikas team / security actually at first:thumb_yello:

The day before we talked with head of security and Mikas managers to try and get improved access

With the help of the MFC seems it went better:thumb_yello:

Mamsie I'm glad you and you kids had fun! :thumb_yello: Yes I honestly hope that the mods and admins work something out to make things more organised next time.. I've seen a few threads around discussing a way to identify MFCers at gigs and so and I think that's great.. I hope things are more fair at future gigs.. But it was all AMAZING nontheless.. i mean it was Mika so how could it not be..

:wub2::wub2:

Last I saw of him he threw the raffle ticket book in the bin through frustration . I thought he was part of Mikas team / security actually at first:thumb_yello:

Yes, I saw that too. But it was better having some numbering than not at all... I understanded his frustration...

The day before we talked with head of security and Mikas managers to try and get improved access

With the help of the MFC seems it went better:thumb_yello:

Saw you too, but you did not see me!!:naughty:

Btw, how can we know who is member of MFC and who isn't? I would have liked to meet some of you but there is no way of knowing who you are when you stand in the queue. How about a MFCpin/pass or so where you can write your nickname on??

there were more people trying to sort out the Q too like Sariflour, Bumble bee Vix and also even Rose on the 2nd gig (in fact even I got brave enough to try to keep people from sneaking up the inside of the Q, I mean when the people play fair it would work but many don't and that is when things will get messy, and it's annoying for everyone when you get some ppl who don't care and are selfish like that. (Thankfully most ppl have more manners than that but you always get SOME).

I did suggest making a big sign at the front of the Q saying "get your Q number here" but no one took that on board ho hum oh well.

I think we need to defo identify the MFC when they arrive and a list of who is going to be there sounds a good idea.

If there are any more after party's (and after the last one I have my doubts), then we need some kind of system to make it fair so ppl don't get to go to every single one while others may not get to any. So I guess that needs some thought.

I don't think those who have travelled the farthest should automatically be entitled to a pass because I consider Cazgirl one of his most loyal and caring fans and she has only been to 2 of his gigs and one of those was a rescheduled one, and this is purely because she is young and doesn't have the money or time to spare from making money to go following him to every gig in other countries etc, so ppl like her IMO still deserve their chance to the same "treats" as those who can afford to swan off to every gig, it doesn't make her any less of a fan just because her circumstances prevent it.

Bumble Bee Vix wouldn't be able to go to any of his gigs if I didn't fund everything for her, she is a student as well.

Anyway I think lessons were learnt hopefully (at least by some), and we have a long time to try to get it better.

I don't think those who have travelled the farthest should automatically be entitled to a pass because I consider Cazgirl one of his most loyal and caring fans and she has only been to 2 of his gigs and one of those was a rescheduled one, and this is purely because she is young and doesn't have the money or time to spare from making money to go following him to every gig in other countries etc

:thumb_yello:

I don't think those who have travelled the farthest should automatically be entitled to a pass because I consider Cazgirl one of his most loyal and caring fans and she has only been to 2 of his gigs and one of those was a rescheduled one, and this is purely because she is young and doesn't have the money or time to spare from making money to go following him to every gig in other countries etc, so ppl like her IMO still deserve their chance to the same "treats" as those who can afford to swan off to every gig, it doesn't make her any less of a fan just because her circumstances prevent it.

Bumble Bee Vix wouldn't be able to go to any of his gigs if I didn't fund everything for her, she is a student as well.

:thumb_yello:

:tears: :tears:

:huglove:

i think that says it all, really..

and congrats to Aurelien, of course, since that's what this thread was initially about lol :biggrin2:

Although I was not there. I praise those like you, Aurelian who strive to make attempts to make things fair around here (even if it means getting some flack from some or maybe less popular).

Not all systems are going to be 100% effective at all times ( I know, because I started the writing of the numbers on the hand last Decemeber in Hammersmith and I know its a flawed system too).

But I also saw you last December in Brixton, help mitigate the line-up fiasco, when some people felt like they were entitled to join their friends at the front of the line. I witnessed your efforts there, by assisting with the language barrier and you were firm but pleasant.

Thank you. Suzy