The Australian Thread: Part Ten

Heathens....

OK I better explain this one.. Mum calls me a heathen every year because I threaten that I will eat steak instead of smoked cod like she always buys.. :naughty: It's just an ongoing joke.. I'm just not much of a fish eater. But I always behave on Good Friday.

But I could do a double cheeseburger right now..

[/color][/color]

don't work tonight.. stay and be a vegie with me..[/color][/color]

Nice. I want a hot-cross bun.

:blink: weirdo *zhhz*

...but of course, Melzy dear.

I asked why yesterday and I'm still waiting for an answer *hmph*

My mum was being a pain...that, and your average hormonal teenage girl's boy troubles. *rolls eyes and wishes she was older*

Don't have to tell me twice...

Wait.. you weren't instructing me were you??

Oh well *eats chocolate anyway*

Oh well, it's easter :naughty:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I want a hot-cross bun.

mmm.. :blush-anim-cl: but without sultanas and raisins thanks..:thumbdown:

...but of course, Melzy dear.

Smelzy :glasses3:

My mum was being a pain...that, and your average hormonal teenage girl's boy troubles. *rolls eyes and wishes she was older*

Mums do that sometimes.

Boy twoubles :blink:

*slap* Older makes no difference.. Boys still suck :naughty:

Oh well, it's easter :naughty:

Indeed it is *bites off the bunnys bum*

Why not?

Mums do that sometimes.

Boy twoubles :blink:

*slap* Older makes no difference.. Boys still suck :naughty:

Well, THAT'S encouraging. :roftl:

Indeed it is *bites off the bunnys bum*

*steals her brother's chocolate eggs*

HI Everyone! Hope y'all are having a great evening. I'm about to call it a night here.

I am now:

m2-1.jpg

Nighty night :wink2:

Heathens....

OK I better explain this one.. Mum calls me a heathen every year because I threaten that I will eat steak instead of smoked cod like she always buys.. :naughty: It's just an ongoing joke.. I'm just not much of a fish eater. But I always behave on Good Friday.

But I could do a double cheeseburger right now..

Can I just ask - why are you not allowed to eat meat on good friday? :blink:

Don't have to tell me twice...

Wait.. you weren't instructing me were you??

Oh well *eats chocolate anyway*

:roftl:

That would be you... and we are the boomerang!! How's it feel to be whipped?

It hurts! :tears::mf_rosetinted:

Hiya ..... sorry ... had to disappear .... we have the opening of our local artists annual art exhibition in our studio tonight ..... so I'm heading up the hill for that !!

(you remember our studio Kelz ? ) :thumb_yello:

I'll be back in a few hours !! :biggrin2: *waves*

Aren't they the same thing? :blink:

I'll keep it clean and just say I "overindulged" on several things yesterday. :mf_rosetinted:

Chocolate is one of those things so that's part of the problem, not the solution. :bleh:

Pssht, chocolate is always the solution :mf_rosetinted:

Hello everyone, nice afternoon to be awake, I say.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go!! :fisch:

WHY!??? It's a holiday - A HOLIDAY! :shocked:

But the person writing it even said: "Now c'mon, they've got to be worse than Mika's 'Grace Kelly'!" :original:

Hey Paulina! Of course! It's in ...

columbia_map.gif

... South America! :fisch:

:blink:

:no:

Nope, what is it?

I'm an early bird up before the crack of light

Sorry to invade thread, but I have a really, really bad throat kind of down near just above my collar bone. It feels really raw and I can barely swallow. I'd ask my stepmom but it's too early in the morning, anyone have any remedies to make sore throats feel better? :tears:

don't work tonight.. stay and be a vegie with me..

I hope I can.. it says Saturday midnight onwards... and in my mind thats tonight, but apparently its tomoorw night

It was good. I kinda got bored at the beginning but then when Ain't got no chicken came on I got into it! [/color][/color]

Saw it in the video store, then decided to wait to see it

I want to see it too..

I'm about to see it now

Indeed we do... and you forgot to beautify yet again.

I know... but I'm still learning

Aren't yours open? Mine is.. Do you have a Leading Edge DVD near you?

Mine are, but blockbuster is overpriced, so we went to video ezy (they actually put both discs in, rather than blockbuster which never hires out the bonus disc

And now I'm going to watch across the universe... adios

Sorry to invade thread, but I have a really, really bad throat kind of down near just above my collar bone. It feels really raw and I can barely swallow. I'd ask my stepmom but it's too early in the morning, anyone have any remedies to make sore throats feel better? :tears:

dont talk use signs, drink lots of fluids, suck on throat lozegners

can u see anything white in your throat

dont talk use signs, drink lots of fluids, suck on throat lozegners

can u see anything white in your throat

Thanks I've been drinking some milk but swallowing really hurts so right now I'm just sucking on some ice.

Not that I can see, what does white mean?

It would depend on whether your sore throat is caused by a virus or a bacteria or damage (e.g. burn). But generally avoid speaking too much or eating anything hard or drinking anything too hot or too cold. Drinking lots of room temperature or slightly warm fluids is good (e.g. water, cooled-down chamomile tea). Throat lozenges can help if you have any around, especially 'medicated' ones with a bit of anaesthetic in them. Swallowing a teaspoon of honey slowly and letting it sit in your throat for a bit might help too. If you have a lemon around you can squeeze its juice into some slightly warm tea with honey. Other than that I don't know many 'remedies' that don't involve seeing a doctor. But I will say that if your throat still hurts after 24 hours go and see a doctor just in case.

Thanks I've been drinking some milk but swallowing really hurts so right now I'm just sucking on some ice.

Milk might not be the best thing to drink, in some people dairy products can make you produce mucous and get a bit congested. Ice might make it feel numb but it might be better to not overdo it with it, extremes of temperature aren't very good for a sore throat.

Only according to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :mf_rosetinted:

You mean you aren't Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Well then who'll slay all those vampires?

Oooh, that's never any fun...squeeze half a lemon into a mug, fill the rest of the mug up with hot water, add some honey and drink it if you can. If not, maybe throat lozenges until it doesn't hurt so much? Give your throat lots of rest--try not to talk--and sometimes gargling with salt water helps. Also, lemon and ginger tea.

You mean you aren't Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Well then who'll slay all those vampires?

Nope, I'm Scut the former MQ Slayer (untill Teegs claimed the title) and now the Overly Philosophical Post Slayer. :mf_rosetinted:

Oooh, that's never any fun...squeeze half a lemon into a mug, fill the rest of the mug up with hot water, add some honey and drink it if you can. If not, maybe throat lozenges until it doesn't hurt so much? Give your throat lots of rest--try not to talk--and sometimes gargling with salt water helps. Also, lemon and ginger tea.

Honey, lemon, ginger and chamomile all tend to be good.

It would depend on whether your sore throat is caused by a virus or a bacteria or damage (e.g. burn). But generally avoid speaking too much or eating anything hard or drinking anything too hot or too cold. Drinking lots of room temperature or slightly warm fluids is good (e.g. water, cooled-down chamomile tea). Throat lozenges can help if you have any around, especially 'medicated' ones with a bit of anaesthetic in them. Swallowing a teaspoon of honey slowly and letting it sit in your throat for a bit might help too. If you have a lemon around you can squeeze its juice into some slightly warm tea with honey. Other than that I don't know many 'remedies' that don't involve seeing a doctor. But I will say that if your throat still hurts after 24 hours go and see a doctor just in case.

Milk might not be the best thing to drink, in some people it can make you produce mucous and get a bit congested. Ice might make it feel numb but it might be better to not overdo it with it, extremes of temperature aren't very good for a sore throat.

Okay, thank you very much everyone! I will try some of these things.

Hi guys!

My broadband is being spaccy- it doesn't like where I am staying down south (even though it's only Mandurah which is pretty much now part of Perth!) so I may or may not be on tonight (even though I have heaps to catch up on.

Can someone give me a quick run down?

Don't know how if it has been posted but on ninemsn they are doing the 10 most annoying songs and GK made it on there :shocked::naughty:

Only according to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

:roftl:

I'm an early bird up before the crack of light

Your also craaazzyyyy :insane:

Sorry to invade thread, but I have a really, really bad throat kind of down near just above my collar bone. It feels really raw and I can barely swallow. I'd ask my stepmom but it's too early in the morning, anyone have any remedies to make sore throats feel better?

Listen to Scut, she's the pharmacy-thing-person :thumb_yello::bleh:

anyone know what the silver book is called

:blink:?

If you have a lemon around you can squeeze its juice into some slightly warm tea with honey.

squeeze half a lemon into a mug, fill the rest of the mug up with hot water, add some honey and drink it if you can. If

Oi, so my mum isn't a weird nutcase for always telling me to do this! That is the most revolting combo ever. Gagging really doesn't help with sore throats for me :wink2:

Nope, I'm Scut the former MQ Slayer (untill Teegs claimed the title) and now the Overly Philosophical Post Slayer.

:lmfao:

Hi guys!

My broadband is being spaccy- it doesn't like where I am staying down south (even though it's only Mandurah which is pretty much now part of Perth!) so I may or may not be on tonight (even though I have heaps to catch up on.

Well yes it pretty much is :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:

Can someone give me a quick run down?

Don't know how if it has been posted but on ninemsn they are doing the 10 most annoying songs and GK made it on there :shocked::naughty:

Haha, yep, PO just posted it (suckerrr:mf_rosetinted:)

Uuum, well Mika won two awards at "The Capital Radio Awards" - Best British Male Solo Artist and Best UK Album - http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13907