The Australian Thread: Part Ten

I am not a slack! I just ended up with quotes in the wrong places and things missing so I gave up. : P I am also not an idiot! hmph
:roftl:You're so touchy!!!

Dumbass :mf_rosetinted:

Pretty much all the sound effects are delayed... either that or they make a really odd sound effect that doesn't fit anywhere HAHAHA! Sometimes it's funny when the audience participates... other times it's ho hum.

Oh yeah, it can be ho hum, but I still love it!!! I like watching the UK version too.. Except Clive Anderson is boring..

Alright fine we'll go with NJ.

And how do you know he likes Aussies. ; ) He's written a song about Aussie girls hasn't it. ; ) haha

If you don't mind, considering I'm only traveling 20,000 kms or whatever.

He performed Jersey Girl by Tom Waits when he was in Australia 8 years ago and changed the lyrics to Aussie Girl

:fisch: for me of course..

)) ))

WEsmileyfixed.gifI made this for you.. Don't neverrggh say that I don't neverrghhh love you.. :tears:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:You're so touchy!!!

Dumbass :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah, it can be ho hum, but I still love it!!! I like watching the UK version too.. Except Clive Anderson is boring..

If you don't mind, considering I'm only traveling 20,000 kms or whatever.

He performed Jersey Girl by Tom Waits w[/color][/color]hen he was in Australia 8 years ago and changed the lyrics to Aussie Girl

:fisch: for me of course..

WEsmileyfixed.gifI made this for you.. Don't neverrggh say that I don't neverrghhh love you.. :tears:

Pfff are not.

skank

:mf_rosetinted:

I've never gotten to see the UK version. I've really wanted to but we don't get anything of the such over here. I wonder, maybe they have it on youtube.

Oh yes... because he saw you in the crowd and had to change the lyrics to please you. Yup. That's true love right there folks. hahaha

Eeeeee! Love Love YOU! WEsmileyfixed.gif

GAHHH! For some stupid reason MFC didn't register all my MQs so I have to go back and do them all again :tears

I wrote my own version of Erase...

"Erase" (a.k.a. "The Mika Cancellation Song")

Btw, have any of you noticed that "Erase" and "Angels" sound exactly the same. Mika vs.

I looooove that version!

And - lolll! Your right though, lol

If you want U.S version order it from Fishpond.com.au...I had mine within 2 1/2 weeks and only paid $17.53

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Music/Electronic/Trip_Hop/Big_Beat/product_info/9266989/?cf=3&rid=370835446&i=1&keywords=mika

Only $13 now :fisch

It's from a review of the Vancouver gig...one second, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT* Et voila...http://www.kidzworld.com/article/11293-mika-concert-review

Love it!

*wonders if you went out wearing nothing but a towel*

I didn'ttttt! I got changed first!

*nodds*

Hypercrite... again

*likes lime green*

*isn't suffering*

Your lazy, it's harder than usual to do the part up your posts

Dammit.

Suffer!

*looks for a more painful colour*

*settles on yellow*

Love lime green....OD failed....my eyes not suffering

What do you think of the YELLOW!?

Oooooooh... that's an idea... but I won't.. cause if we're doing the petition book I'm doing it...

:blink:?

Ummm... he's not naked... that's false advertising IMO... he could claim he's the almost naked cowboy though...

Tell me about it ...

*re-christens "the almost naked cowboy"*

Yes it is in South America ...........just a little far from Australia hahahaha

A little!

Aw, that wasn't recent was it?? That's why I don't like driving on the road with big rigs. I'm a really cautious driver but they're just so careless.

Nah, not recent, but still :thumbdown:

I know, imagine getting paid just to be out in your underwear playing the guitar haha.

I wouldn't do it though :mf_rosetinted:

Is this a race or something to see who can take the most pictures in so many minutes?

*races*

I live in the sticks.

You what?

*contemplates how to overcome time difference*

*ponders inventing time machine*

*though realises end result would be that she spent whole life at Mika gigs*

* long pause while trying to see disadvantages of this*

*sees no disadvantages*

*asks for a time machine to be made for her too*

Alright... wakey wakey Aussies. It's 6:05am. Rise and shine... up and adam!

at 'em :fisch:

your not the first person to call me crazy

i like to go to bed early to guess im not a night owl

:insane:

Juno is amazing. I love it sooo much and I want to go back and see it again, like, now.

I loved it also

No, the front wasn't displayed. That's be a little creepy hahaha. You should have seen what he does for some of the pictures with him though.

*wonders why you don't have a picture with him*

When is easter actually? I always thought Sunday :blink:

... I've already finsihed my chocolate though :tears:

Pfff are not.

skank

pffft Are too.. hmphmfc.gif

scrubberguts.

I've never gotten to see the UK version. I've really wanted to but we don't get anything of the such over here. I wonder, maybe they have it on youtube.

Yep, it's on youtube... But the US version is more exciting.. But I think that's because it's edited to only have the good bits and, dare I say it, quote.gifstagedquote.gif

Oh yes... because he saw you in the crowd and had to change the lyrics to please you. Yup. That's true love right there folks. hahaha

You're just Jealous:mf_rosetinted:

Cos he's got more chest hair than you.

Eeeeee! Love Love YOU! WEsmileyfixed.gif

We know you do.. auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT eatpopcorn.gif

Can a Christian enlighten me on what's the connection between Easter, rabbits and chocolate? It's always seemed random to me. :blink:

I'm not Christian, but I'm pretty sure there's no connection. Holidays are ways for chocolate companies to make sh!tloads, imo...They'll be making St Patricks day chocolates soon enough, if not already...

When is easter actually? I always thought Sunday :blink:

... I've already finsihed my chocolate though :tears:

It's tomorrow. But I like to eat chocolate all year round. :naughty:

AND .. yellow is annoying, not painful *slaps*

I'm not Christian, but I'm pretty sure there's no connection. Holidays are ways for chocolate companies to make sh!tloads, imo...They'll be making St Patricks day chocolates soon enough, if not already...

So it's a commercial connection between Easter and chocolate, much like Christmas and Santa Claus? How about Easter and rabbits?

Can a Christian enlighten me on what's the connection between Easter, rabbits and chocolate? It's always seemed random to me. :blink:

Yes, I posted this in atm's Easter Anyone thread

Origin of the Easter Rabbit: A Tradition of Fertility

(After all, the connection between Christianity's Resurrection, colorful eggs and a rabbit is anything but clear at first glance.:wink2:)

Some of the confusion is dispelled by looking at the origin of the very word, "Easter." For all the pagan traditions associated with it, "Christmas" is at least easily recognizable as a Christian holiday, from its name alone. But Easter is named after Eastre, a pagan Saxon goddess!

Eastre (earlier, Eostre, derived from the Saxons' Germanic heritage) was the Anglo-Saxon name of a Teutonic goddess of dawn, spring and fertility. Our word, "east" is related to this deity's name. Her male consort was the Sun god, and the sun does rise, after all, at dawn and in the east. Rites of spring were celebrated in her honor at the vernal equinox (first day of spring). The first Sunday after the first full moon succeeding the vernal equinox was also sacred to her, and this pagan holiday was given her name -- Eastre. The full moon represented the "pregnant" phase of Eastre -- she was passing into the fertile season and giving birth to the Sun's offspring.

Eastre's symbols were the hare and the egg. Both represent fertility and, consequently, rebirth. Since rabbits are more common in most lands than hares, over time the rabbit has been substituted -- not without merit, since rabbits are notorious for their fertility. Thus was born the "Easter Rabbit" tradition.

Dyed eggs were already being used as part of pagan rituals at the dawn of history in the Near Eastern civilizations. These were the first "Easter eggs." As the traditions of the Easter Rabbit and Easter eggs evolved, they were lumped together -- somewhat incongruously. Thus in our modern Easter lore, although the Easter Rabbit is sometimes thought of as laying the Easter eggs so eagerly sought by children, the Easter Rabbit is nonetheless often regarded as male. Since rabbits don't lay eggs anyhow, I suppose quibbling over gender wouldn't make much sense.

Later, the new Christian religion, with its emphasis on rebirth (through the Resurrection), found it expedient to continue celebrating Eastre's holiday. The focus simply switched to Christ -- and the spelling, eventually, to "Easter."

I didn't write this myself:naughty: I got it from here.

Also from wikipedia:

The idea of an egg-laying bunny came to the United States in the 18th century. German immigrants in the Pennsylvania Dutch area told their children about the "Osterhas" , sometimes spelled out as "Oschter Haws". "Hase" means "hare", not rabbit, and in Northwest European folklore the "Easter Bunny" indeed is a hare, not a rabbit. According to the legend, only good children received gifts of colored eggs in the nests that they made in their caps and bonnets before Easter.

I am German, and painting eggs at Easter is a tradition in my family. So I just wanted to point this out:thumb_yello:

paintedeggs.jpg

Happy Easter everyone bunny.gif

Rabbits are a throw back to christianity trying to 'convert' the pagans by melding aspects...it has to do with the start of spring. Think the eggs were connected somehow as well. The date of easter as well is due to pagan origins.

*quickly finds link to support*

This explains it better

http://altreligion.about.com/cs/alchemy/a/mpreviss.htm

Edit: Kelz got in first :naughty:

And hey everyone... sleepy sleepy still.... 4 hours to work though

Thanks for the explanations, Kelz and Soy. That clears up the rabbits and eggs. How about chocolate?

Chocolate easter eggs are fairly recent historically speaking.... around 1800s...

Someone decided to make them and they caught on

they already have!

was eating them tonight!!:roftl: :roftl:

i worked my last weekend shift at my job.. aka "****sville" that was the last time ill ever have to balance them stupid registers. yaaaaaaaaaaaay. i am now posting everyone wine and chocolate to celebrate with me

and in a few months when im still unemployed ill be hoping goon does the trick to celebrate with

Thanks for the explanations, Kelz and Soy. That clears up the rabbits and eggs. How about chocolate?

Well, originally it was hard boiled eggs that were painted and given. Then around the 18th century it changed and evolved to chocolate.

OK, I found something.. I'll just make some points because it's so long.

1. The first chocolate Easter eggs were made in Europe in the early 19th Century with France and Germany taking the lead in this new artistic confectionery.
  2. John Cadbury made his first 'French eating Chocolate' in 1842 but it was not until 1875 that the first Cadbury Easter Eggs were made.
  3. The earliest Cadbury chocolate eggs were made of 'dark' chocolate with a plain smooth surface and were filled with dragees. The earliest 'decorated eggs' were plain shells enhanced by chocolate piping and marzipan flowers.
  4. Decorative skill and variety soon followed and by 1893 there were no less than 19 different lines on the Cadbury Brothers Easter list in the UK.
  5. Richard Cadbury's artistic skill undoubtedly played an important part in the development of the Easter range. Many of his designs were based on French, Dutch and German originals adapted to Victorian tastes.
  6. From Germany came the 'crocodile' finish which by breaking up the smooth surface, disguised minor imperfections; still used today by some manufacturers, this was the forerunner to the many distinctive finishes now available.
  7. The launch in 1905 of the famous Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate made a tremendous contribution to the Easter egg market. The popularity of this new kind of chocolate vastly increased sales of Easter eggs and did much to establish them as seasonal best sellers. Today the Easter egg market is predominantly milk chocolate.

And of course the use of chocolate encourages the kiddies to get involved

Nah, not recent, but still

*races*

You what?

at 'em

*wonders why you don't have a picture with him*

Yeah that is sucky how careless people are and how they effect innocent people. : (

No, Im not going to race. : P

I live in the sticks... aka middle of nowhere... just trees trees and more trees. I have to travel too far to get to places to buy clothes and what-not.

I didn't want a pic because it costed money so I just took a pic of him.

pffft Are too.. hmphmfc.gif

scrubberguts.

Yep, it's on youtube... But the US version is more exciting.. But I think that's because it's edited to only have the good bits and, dare I say it, quote.gifstagedquote.gif

You're just Jealous

Cos he's got more chest hair than you.

We know you do.. auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT eatpopcorn.gif

Pfff

unfair you get to use Aussie slang.

Yeah... I'm totally jealous he has a lot more chest hair than I do. It's really quite unfair.

Ooooh.... do auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif want to go out with us? WEsmileyfixed.gif

OD

*slaps*

I had to highlight that whole thing just to read it...

:biggrin2:

AND .. yellow is annoying, not painful *slaps*

Difference?

The date of easter as well is due to pagan origins.
Yes, I posted this in atm's Easter Anyone thread

atm ... :naughty:

:blink: :blink: I seriously don't understand...

So basically the whole thing is nicked from pagan's? What's it got to do with Jesus/Christianity then?

Chocolate sells :wink2:

i worked my last weekend shift at my job.. aka "****sville" that was the last time ill ever have to balance them stupid registers. yaaaaaaaaaaaay. i am now posting everyone wine and chocolate to celebrate with me

and in a few months when im still unemployed ill be hoping goon does the trick to celebrate with

:yay:

:boxed: Good luck job seeking!

Yeah that is sucky how careless people are and how they effect innocent people. : (

No, Im not going to race. : P

I live in the sticks... aka middle of nowhere... just trees trees and more trees. I have to travel too far to get to places to buy clothes and what-not.

I didn't want a pic because it costed money so I just took a pic of him.

Pfff

unfair you get to use Aussie slang.

Yeah... I'm totally jealous he has a lot more chest hair than I do. It's really quite unfair.

Ooooh.... do auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif want to go out with us? WEsmileyfixed.gif

half of my brain wishes it understood what you 2 were on bout, the other half is glad it doesnt know... gee i love when my brain argues with itself