The Australian Thread: Part Ten

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G'evening, Aussies. I trust that we're all vegging out on this boring Sunday public holiday.

Hiya. I'm Artsy, and the aussie thread is my second home, although I'm not technically aussie. I'm going to be applying for citizenship in 2010. :naughty:

I thought you were coming here 2009? :tears:

:roftl:.....are you feeling better Scut?

Yes. Although I have no use for condoms. :mf_rosetinted:

I probably would be slightly predisposed to disliking them. I'm listening now, 3 or 4 in, I'll probably be finsihed by the end of this post. Reserved judgement...

I'm back to the first one Scut! WELL... I spose Relax already *was* in this sort of a style. Their not painful to the ears. They are enjoyable to listen to. Still prefer the original. The acapella one was pretty clever, but ... kind of repeditive. There was one where they made Mika's voice higher ... which seems a bit ... pointless. The acoustic one is of course brilliant. But we'r talkign abotu remixes here, haha. Whatever, their okay. I shan't be deleting them. And I wasn't overcome with a desire to skip through any of them. i guess his is juts more interesting, I like all his words, not just "relax - take it eeeeheeeeesaaaaayy" x400 :P :P

The A Capella is just the original stripped of everything but lead and backing vocals. The acoustic one is indeed brilliant, it's my most favourite track out of all of his work. I love the remixes just as much as the original, they're all in the same vein but each has its own angle to it so it's familiar yet different. Getting the right balance between old and new in a remix is hard, almost as hard as it was for the producer to mix the original track, so I admire DJ's who can pull it off. I find that Relax remixes make great songs for late night swot vac cramming or gym work outs. :bleh:

Hehe, smurf.

Am I the only one who finds the concept of a community of genital-less blue men (and only one female) walking around in matching white hats and no pants and living in toadstools an odd idea for a kids cartoon? :blink:

Hehe, well done. (I thought we were in that thread for a second. :roftl: )

You're easily confused :naughty:

Hehe, smurt.

hahaha, Wat?? :blink:

G'evening, Aussies. I trust that we're all vegging out on this boring Sunday public holiday.

Good Evening Aussie. Yes, very well. And yourself??

Am I the only one who finds the concept of a community of genital-less blue men (and only one female) walking around in matching white hats and no pants and living in toadstools an odd idea for a kids cartoon? :blink:

It is indeed quite a strange concept for a kids cartoon..

But equally disturbing is Snow White and the 7 dwarfs which it was probably based on.

Definitely not. I used to love that show, though. :roftl:

You're easily confused :naughty:

More 3 words :sneaky2: EDIT: Wait...it isn't. Oh dear.

It is indeed quite a strange concept for a kids cartoon..

But equally disturbing is Snow White and the 7 dwarfs which it was probably based on.

Didn't the dwarves rape Snow White in the original Grimm's fairy tale?

*thinks back*

Oh, you know, NYC, London, Paris, a few stopovers in Munich.:naughty:

I missed my MFC.

Share the photos already so we can live vicariously through you

Damn. They've all gone to bed again.

Must adjust the capacitor on the neutron flux.

*looks around for sonic screwdriver*

Are you any good with temporal resonators?

Do chickens wish they could fly?

*starts tinkering with resonator* I think it's the piston generator that's a bit slow....maybe we need new plugs?

Plugs? What sort of mechanic are you? It's all fly by wire these days - chips and motherboards! Now just pass me the spronge.

*pretends she wasn't totally lost*

Yeah, I knew that. I was just taking a break to daydream about Mika for a little bit. Psssch.

Now.....where's the...uh...long silver thingy?

*stops to dream about him too

*still dreaming ...*

:roftl: :roftl:

I don't think so either. *shakes hand*

Hiya. I'm Artsy, and the aussie thread is my second home, although I'm not technically aussie. I'm going to be applying for citizenship in 2010

Are you new?

Have you set a date? :naughty:

You got to move over here first

*Cleans oil and grease off sleeping honorary Mikamites faces & hands*

*Places Easter eggs beside each snoring head*

*Fixes the time machine by plugging it in to the charger*

*Smiles to self, feeling satisfied*

*Runs off to save the day elsewhere*

:roftl:

I hope everyone is having a great easter or those of you who the bunny hasnt been yet i hope you have been good and the bunny is kind

go and sit in the corner and think about what you have done

I hope you sent her to the cat pee corner (hats and coats are optional)

...I blew up the DVD player!

Well done *gives bonus points*

How?

I just ate my easter bunny (We don't get choccies till the sunday, and I don't get some of mine until tuesday or so, when I go visit the mother for a night or so)

And hey all... I woke up at 5pm today...

Thats right.... 5pm

(But I didn't sleep until 7.30am.... due to work, which wasn't too bad at least)

Am now enjoying some yummy hot cross buns (we eat them the friday and today)

Definitely not. I used to love that show, though. :roftl:

Yeah, I used to love the Smurfs too, don't ask me why. :blink:

I've read a very interesting if not disturbing interpretation of of Snow White, "The Snow Child" by Angela Carter. In her collection "The Bloody Chamber" she went back and tried to dig up obscure versions of old fairytales rejected by the Brothers Grimm etc. when they collated the stories. It's a fascinating read.

Well done *gives bonus points*

How?

I just ate my easter bunny (We don't get choccies till the sunday, and I don't get some of mine until tuesday or so, when I go visit the mother for a night or so)

Thats right.... 5pm

(But I didn't sleep until 7.30am.... due to work, which wasn't too bad at least)

Am now enjoying some yummy hot cross buns (we eat them the friday and today)

Simply by plugging it in. It was brand new, too. We're going to get another one with the warranty cause it's not our fault...

5 pm? *lo 5's*

:crybaby: No hot-cross buns for me...because of my little brother's fcking wheat allergies :mad3:

What else? :wink2:

The A Capella is just the original stripped of everything but lead and backing vocals. The acoustic one is indeed brilliant, it's my most favourite track out of all of his work. I love the remixes just as much as the original, they're all in the same vein but each has its own angle to it so it's familiar yet different. Getting the right balance between old and new in a remix is hard, almost as hard as it was for the producer to mix the original track, so I admire DJ's who can pull it off. I find that Relax remixes make great songs for late night swot vac cramming or gym work outs.

A Capella - Is it? But they changed the vocals a bit too right? *goes to listen again*

Acoustic - yes, yes it is.

Remixes - I can gather it would be very hard to do. But really ... their just like .. DJ's redoing what Mika did working with his producer ... I dunno, I prefer Mika's versions :roftl:

Oi - perfect metaphor ... it's like musical fanfiction :roftl: (not like mika fanfiction .. harry potter or something)

No, Tripod do too. Let me try and find the song for you :roftl:

hahaha, Wat?? :blink:

Exactly! :roftl:

Simply by plugging it in. It was brand new, too. We're going to get another one with the warranty cause it's not our fault...

5 pm? *lo 5's*

:crybaby: No hot-cross buns for me...because of my little brother's fcking wheat allergies :mad3:

Well thats alright then, getting another one.

And 5pm *nods*

And that sucks, the wheat allergies

:shocked: :shocked:

Thats right.... 5pm

WELL DONE!!! :punk:

Yeah, I used to love the Smurfs too, don't ask me why.

I downloaded an entire (fricking huge) season of Smurfs quite some time ago, back when I didn't even have my own computer. Wow, that was a long time ago. Anyway, my brother deleted it off the computer when I'd only watched like 2 episodes. Totally sucked.

*huggles The Animals of Farthing Wood episodes protectively*

*cherishes childhood memories*

I've read a very interesting if not disturbing interpretation of of Snow White, "The Snow Child" by Angela Carter. In her collection "The Bloody Chamber" she went back and tried to dig up obscure versions of old fairytales rejected by the Brothers Grimm etc. when they collated the stories. It's a fascinating read.

:shocked: What happened in them?

Is it like the fairytale episode of Supernatural? Is it worse? If that raping gnomes thing is true ... :boxed:

A Capella - Is it? But they changed the vocals a bit too right? *goes to listen again*

Acoustic - yes, yes it is.

Remixes - I can gather it would be very hard to do. But really ... their just like .. DJ's redoing what Mika did working with his producer ... I dunno, I prefer Mika's versions :roftl:

Oi - perfect metaphor ... it's like musical fanfiction :roftl: (not like mika fanfiction .. harry potter or something)

Ouch, don't downplay it's difficulty until you've tried it yourself.

That Tripod video is almost as disturbing as the original Smurf cartoon. :naughty:

Well thats alright then, getting another one.

And 5pm *nods*

And that sucks, the wheat allergies

Exactly--he can't have sugar or dairy either, but at least my mum lets me have bread and milk and cheese etc. Just nothing yummy, like Oreos or bagels or even ice cream that isn't sugar free and therefore disgusting.

Exactly--he can't have sugar or dairy either, but at least my mum lets me have bread and milk and cheese etc. Just nothing yummy, like Oreos or bagels or even ice cream that isn't sugar free and therefore disgusting.

Oh thats no fun.

And we just found hayfever tablets that had been missing for a few months (the ones the ghost took :naughty:)

my bf had a guy ring him to try and get hold of his leftover diet pills that the army gives him cause they have a small amount of speed in them, he had to keep convincing the guy they wouldnt work like speed, in the end he had to say "yeh im still taking them"

my bf had a guy ring him to try and get hold of his leftover diet pills that the army gives him cause they have a small amount of speed in them, he had to keep convincing the guy they wouldnt work like speed, in the end he had to say "yeh im still taking them"

Lol :naughty:

To quote Nico Caesar: "I came, I saw, I MQed".

That's a good'un Scut.... *points to title*

I'm not even going to try to quote Teegs' MQ

*is lazzzzy*

*is also curious to know about officialness*

Didn't think you would...

Hoopla Teegs!! MQ queen! FY&GN!!

But of course...

I am good.. I've eaten too much chocolate already. But Markus told me he wouldn't be able to eat all of his so I'm "helping" him.

How are you??

Hmmmm... *"helps" Ethan*

OD

*slaps*

I had to highlight that whole thing just to read it...

I know...

I love remixes, they can give a song a spin that you hadn't previously imagined.

Except from the Patrick Wolf 'Love Today' Remix, the Tom Middleton 'Big Girl' remix and the Pull Tiger Tail 'Grace Kelly' Remix. The first two are uncreative distortions of the original and the last one is simply annoying.

I do, however, like the majority of my 17 'Relax' remixes.

I agree with the PW one and the Tom Middleton one... I think I have hte Pull Tiger Tail one but not on the puter...

I really don't like the Ashley Beedle ones... I do like the DJ Romantic one and the R&B one...

No ..... not yet .... :tears: ..... still need help with Ebay ......./QUOTE]

Seemsyou're not one when I am... but Scut's right... you need to sign up for ebay... go to http://www.ebay.com.au and sign up for an account... it wil cost to sell, but it's minimal...

AUSSIES!!! *throws soap at you and runs away*

ARTS!!!

I've missed you!

F*ck you, that's 3 of the 4 places that I'm dying to go to.

We expect photos and a report.

You need to do a PowerPoint presentation for those who learn visually... :mf_rosetinted:

The A Capella is just the original stripped of everything but lead and backing vocals. The acoustic one is indeed brilliant, it's my most favourite track out of all of his work. I love the remixes just as much as the original, they're all in the same vein but each has its own angle to it so it's familiar yet different. Getting the right balance between old and new in a remix is hard, almost as hard as it was for the producer to mix the original track, so I admire DJ's who can pull it off. I find that Relax remixes make great songs for late night swot vac cramming or gym work outs. :bleh:

I love the acoustic version... sounds beautiful...

I didn't t first, but now I do... thanks a lot Scut... :sneaky2:

Though I'm pretty sure someone was smoking something illegal when they thought of that... much like Puff the agic dragon I assume...

I'm listening to that CD now...

gotta love the songs in an hour... I like the Madonna one... one, two, three, four sooth... :naughty:

and my comment had nothing really to do with the previous ones (except the tablet bit) but it just made me remember

Erm... okay...

Ooooh... I just heard this as as song quote...

"You didn't need to raise from the dead if you had decent management like I do..."... from Gospel According To Britney.... a Tripod song... hehe...

Quite apt for Britney at the moment...

Ouch, don't downplay it's difficulty until you've tried it yourself.

LOL! I have the opposite problem to most people on the forum. Please take my seriousness as sarcasm! I guess i'm not serious enough :roftl:

THERE WERE NO :mf_rosetinted:'S IN MY POST!

I do think it is extremely difficult and they are quite genius for being able to do anything at all (remixers and fanficcers alike), but they're just copying someone else and putting their own spin on it, and whether they be brilliant or crap, their pretty far down the level of genius as the original. Also, I may be predispositioned to not like remixes, as I like when things are more like the real thing (ie. extremely canon fanfics :naughty:). And a remix would be like taking a book and rewording it :bleh:

That Tripod video is almost as disturbing as the original Smurf cartoon.

Uh-huh :das:

:lmao:!!!

and my comment had nothing really to do with the previous ones (except the tablet bit) but it just made me remember

:lmfao:!!!

That's a good'un Scut.... *points to title*

Love it. The official title for the offical MQ queen.

I'm listening to that CD now...

gotta love the songs in an hour... I like the Madonna one... one, two, three, four sooth...

LOL!

Do you know if there are touring again soon? Last year they went around at this time-ish ...

Ooooh... I just heard this as as song quote...

"You didn't need to raise from the dead if you had decent management like I do..."... from Gospel According To Britney.... a Tripod song... hehe...

Quite apt for Britney at the moment...

"Is it okay if I stalk youuuu? Don't mind me I won't get in the way, and although I'll see you everyday, you woooon't seeeee meeee... "

*is also listening to Tripod now*