The Australian Thread: Part Ten

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*pretends she wasn't totally lost*

Yeah, I knew that. I was just taking a break to daydream about Mika for a little bit. Psssch.:fisch:

*stops to dream about him too :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: *

*still dreaming ...*

Oh yes indeed :mf_lustslow:

I don't think I've spoken to you before, young padawan.

I don't think so either. *shakes hand*

Hiya.:biggrin2: I'm Artsy, and the aussie thread is my second home, although I'm not technically aussie. I'm going to be applying for citizenship in 2010.:naughty:

Are you new?

:mf_lustslow:

the dentist?? :boxed:

No!!! I'm easy.. Let's go parking!! :das:

We think that sounds groovy! Vroom Vroom!!!! WEsmileyfixed.gif

AUSSIES!!! *throws soap at you and runs away*

Artsy!!!! I hope you didn't go out with any French or UK men when you were away from me. :sneaky2:

My trip is departing in 11 days. :shocked: I hope to see a blog about your trip. :bleh: I'm really nervous about mine.

I don't think so either. *shakes hand*

Hiya.:biggrin2: I'm Artsy, and the aussie thread is my second home, although I'm not technically aussie. I'm going to be applying for citizenship in 2010.:naughty:

Are you new?

Fairly new, proud to have been accepted by our Aussie friends as a honorary Mikamite, an Olding in earth years so usually on that thread, but could pop up anywhere. And I see you know Mika4Life13 too. :thumb_yello:

Now I must get back to the temporal resonator, as you can see the Mikaverse is running ahead of this world and I need to get them back in synch.

*puts on welding mask*

*enters temporal catalyst chamber*

*Cleans oil and grease off sleeping honorary Mikamites faces & hands*

*Places Easter eggs beside each snoring head*

*Fixes the time machine by plugging it in to the charger*

*Smiles to self, feeling satisfied*

*Runs off to save the day elsewhere* warriorsmiley.gif

Hello you lot...guess what I did today?

...I blew up the DVD player! :woot_jump:

I've found it's really quite easy to tune the guitar. It's just that back in 6th grade the guitars were already tuned for us so we could play. Then I got my own guitar but had no one to teach me for so long.

This is what I do to tune the guitar on my own... http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa_tuning_guitar_2.htm I just listen to the mp3 of the 6th string in tune, I get mine in tune with it and then I go through the process of 55545. I wish I could explain clearer of what 55545 stands for. Actually OOOH I just found this... http://www.8notes.com/guitar%5Ftuner/default.asp?sstring=e1 to move onto the next note just click on it!

I can tune a guitar...but that's as far as my guitar knowledge extends...55545 is the interval pattern of the notes, yes?

Awww, so cute. My babies are all sleeping too.. time to wake them up for no reason.. *naughty*

Hey Jols..

Finkster uses the small orange font. Maybe it looks bigger on her computer. But it's way way too small on mine *naughty*

Hehe...how sweet and considerate of you!

Where've you been hiding? It's purple now.

Hi Kelzy! I'm fine& u ?

Here I guess it's about 7°C_ so not such a big diff :naughty

Are you celebrating easter?

Wow, that's pretty icy. Not. It was about 12 here today, I went out in a skirt and a t-shirt for the first time this year. Woot!

:roftl: the last relax single wasn't released in France neither, bought it at HMV ^^

But is Mika very popular in Australia ?

But fantastic weather huh ? :bleh

But when you hear about the weather in Canada! :shocked: A girl who used to live there told me that when she went outside, her hair wet,it used to freeze and there were some kind of little ice cubes in her hair!:naughty:

And that, children, is why you DON'T go outside with wet hair in Canada. :mf_rosetinted:

*stops to dream about him too :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: *

*still dreaming ...*

*goes to fix it, then decides against it after remembering the DVD player incident*

go and sit in the corner and think about what you have done

In the dunce cap, of course. Face to the wall.

OMG you peoples can talk....I have one day off and have to read 12 pages to catch up...no fair!!!!

Typical....but JB-Hifi wanted up to $60 and it would have taken between 3 and 6 months :shocked:

I love the yellow, it's even better than the lime green:roftl:

For Mike.

iheartmika1.jpg

:roftl: .....are you feeling better Scut?

Remixes hurt my ears and brain

But at least this one hasn't messed about with his voice, so it's not as bad as it could be

*agrees 100%*

*slaps self for agreeing with OD*:naughty:

Damn. They've all gone to bed again.

Must adjust the capacitor on the neutron flux.

*looks around for sonic screwdriver*

Oh my, you do fit in very well don't you....:biggrin2:

...I blew up the DVD player!

Impressive...sounds like something I would manage. Cheer up, it can only get better :biggrin2:

Hey Tanya...hehe, funny thing is, it was brand new. :roftl: We'd just got it home, and as soon as I plugged it in, it started popping and spewing smoke. :blink:

Oh no, you poor bugger what a way to start your Easter break:shocked: Look on the bright side, at least it will still be under warranty and you can get a replacement.....can't you? Hope the rest of your Easter break is without in incident :wink2:

If it makes you feel better, my DVD player (not operator error :biggrin2:) managed to erase the Mika concert from Koko in London that I recorded. I only had it for three days and only got to watch it twice:thumbdown: ....I can hear OD laughing from here!

Oh no, you poor bugger what a way to start your Easter break:shocked: Look on the bright side, at least it will still be under warranty and you can get a replacement.....can't you? Hope the rest of your Easter break is without in incident :wink2:

If it makes you feel better, my DVD player (not operator error :biggrin2:) managed to erase the Mika concert from Koko in London that I recorded. I only had it for three days and only got to watch it twice:thumbdown: ....I can hear OD laughing from here!

Nah, it was fine...my mum wasn't upset, I mean it's obviously the company's fault. We'll get another under the warranty. I found it/find it really funny, actually. :roftl:

Oooh, that SUCKS. *pats* Yeah, I was only able to watch LiveICM once before the old DVD player broke. :thumbdown:

Hellooo,

Happy easter!

Not! I finished all my chocolate yesterday!

My download of animals of farthing wood finished last night - YAY! I have been downloading it for like ... almost a year or something.

But my bird's leg is really bothering him, and his vet closed like ... a hour before I got up, so he has to wait until tomorrow morning. (And I have to wake up in the morning :shocked: ... the things I do for him ... *sigh*)

But sometimes it's the contrary,like when you hear the commercial version of a song all the time without having heard the original,the original then seems so long and rhythm-less if you know what I mean

But that's not going to happen with Mika :fisch:

It depends. I happen to like electronica, house music and club songs. If you don't you're already predisposed to not liking them.

I'll upload some anyway.

I probably would be slightly predisposed to disliking them. I'm listening now, 3 or 4 in, I'll probably be finsihed by the end of this post. Reserved judgement...

But when you hear about the weather in Canada! A girl who used to live there told me that when she went outside, her hair wet,it used to freeze and there were some kind of little ice cubes in her hair!

:lmao:!!

Um... they're just like regular classes that range in how many credits they are. All we do is sign up. You're lucky you only have three per semester. We have between 5-6 classes. Some are for 55 minutes three times a week or once a week for 2 hours and 40 minutes but most are an hour and 20 minutes twice a week. I get to experience all three of those types of classes this semester.

Well maybe if I find a tutorial I can go down to the floor below me to our lounge and try it out on the piano down there. Doubt it'll sound really good though. Generally all you have to do to get a song is hit a button. Mine you hit a button then you type in the number you want.

Flatter is lower sharper is higher. It's hard to tell when you're really close to having it in tune and you're off just by a bit.

3 boooring classes.

Is it a real piano? Ohh I want to try a real piano...

Ehh, I can hardly tell its wrong at all, let alone higher or lower or whatever..

Well, I've been stalking and myspacing and googling what you've been listening to. You were on some Moran & Rigg one for the longest time.

I swear I'm not a stalker I can explain. I have my MSN on the left side of my screen since you Aussies are the only people up at this time and my web browser is on the right.

:lmao:!!!!!

I'll be listening to them for a while yet: I need to decide which ones of my 17 Relax remixes to upload for OkD.

:lmfao:!

That's where I lost interest. Once I realised that, I had to look into religion and I questioned my beliefs for a long time. So much so that I called myself an atheist because I just couldn't agree with The Bible enough to call myself Catholic anymore. Then I became a witch.. Which made me realise there are all different kinds of Gods and Goddesses. So now I just call myself Spiritual and that I believe in the foundations of all religions but there is no set religion I am attached to. Apparently that makes me an Omnist. maybe..

*looks into this*

If you do, I'll slap you.

*goes to quote kelzy to finkster*

It seems like most of the remixes are of Relax.

I think it's because it's already quite a electro-y-ish song?

AUSSIES!!! *throws soap at you and runs away*

*cheers*

*thinks back*

Oh, you know, NYC, London, Paris, a few stopovers in Munich.:naughty:

*grumbles*

Lots of photos and a report will come soon.

*cheers again*

*looks around for sonic screwdriver*
*hands over screwdriver reluctantly*

:shocked: Doctor Who fans!

*knows this only because her hopelessy obsessive friend bought a toy 'sonic screwdriver' the other day*

My trip is departing in 11 days. I hope to see a blog about your trip.

Awesome!

...I blew up the DVD player!

Good work!

Wow, that's pretty icy. Not. It was about 12 here today, I went out in a skirt and a t-shirt for the first time this year. Woot!

You sound insane. Are you insane?

And that, children, is why you DON'T go outside with wet hair in Canada.

OMG! So that is for real?

Typical....but JB-Hifi wanted up to $60 and it would have taken between 3 and 6 months

That is ridiculous!

I love the yellow, it's even better than the lime green

YOUR ASKING FOR IT MISSY!

(yeah, so I looked, and yellow really is the *most* annoying colour there is)

[*agrees 100%*

*slaps self for agreeing with OD*

*slaps Tanya*

Hey Tanya...hehe, funny thing is, it was brand new. We'd just got it home, and as soon as I plugged it in, it started popping and spewing smoke.

HAHA - VERY good work!

If it makes you feel better, my DVD player (not operator error ) managed to erase the Mika concert from Koko in London that I recorded. I only had it for three days and only got to watch it twice ....I can hear OD laughing from here!

*is laughing loudly enough for you to hear*

Oooh, that SUCKS. *pats* Yeah, I was only able to watch LiveICM once before the old DVD player broke.

I love this. We have a new method of measuring how long DVD players work ... by how many times we were able to watch certain Mika footage. LOL!

I'm back to the first one Scut! WELL... I spose Relax already *was* in this sort of a style. Their not painful to the ears. They are enjoyable to listen to. Still prefer the original. The acapella one was pretty clever, but ... kind of repeditive. There was one where they made Mika's voice higher ... which seems a bit ... pointless. The acoustic one is of course brilliant. But we'r talkign abotu remixes here, haha. Whatever, their okay. I shan't be deleting them. And I wasn't overcome with a desire to skip through any of them. i guess his is juts more interesting, I like all his words, not just "relax - take it eeeeheeeeesaaaaayy" x400 :P :P

Good work!

Why, thank you! *bows*

You sound insane. Are you insane?

Nope--I'm Canadian.

OMG! So that is for real?

Luckily, it very rarely gets that cold where I live...but in the prairies and eastern Canada it sometimes gets to -40. And up north, too...basically everywhere but BC, where I live :punk:

I hope everyone is having a great easter or those of you who the bunny hasnt been yet i hope you have been good and the bunny is kind

Made 12 dyed boiled eggs.. Dad and sister come over.. only 3 left :thumb_yello: got some chocolate.. haven't eaten it yet :naughty: How's your day??

go and sit in the corner and think about what you have done

That's my daughtah you're disciplining.... Thanks:wink2:

...I blew up the DVD player! :woot_jump:

Ur so smurt.

I can tune a guitar...but that's as far as my guitar knowledge extends...55545 is the interval pattern of the notes, yes?

I can tune a guitar and play it (I had lessons when I was a teenager) but 55545 means absolutely nothing to me!! :naughty:

Where've you been hiding? It's purple now.

Really?? Well, I was the original Purple Poster. Copycats. :mf_rosetinted:

Hey Tanya...hehe, funny thing is, it was brand new. We'd just got it home, and as soon as I plugged it in, it started popping and spewing smoke.

Well done!!!!! *applauds*

Hello Everyone, Again..

Why, thank you! *bows*

Your welcome :original:

Nope--I'm Canadian.

Ohh!

(:insane:)

Luckily, it very rarely gets that cold where I live...but in the prairies and eastern Canada it sometimes gets to -40. And up north, too...basically everywhere but BC, where I live :punk:

-40?? Hooooolllyyyyy craaaaap!

Ur so smurt.

Hehe, smurt.