The Australian Thread: Part Ten

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today it was lovely: sunny and warm. :thumb_yello: But for the last fortnight or so we've had an awful heatwave with rarely a day under 35-40 degrees celsius. :thumbdown:

Wow! Does it often happen in Australia ?

Over there, it's rarely a fortnight without some rain :naughty:

Well he shouldn't be making an arse out of him self right next to busy street.

:shocked:

Obviously Vanessa plays piano and Michelle plays guitar :doh:!!

*is going by the two videos she saw today*

Ah damn. :thumbdown:

I can't believe you have classes like "piano" and "guitar"!

I get no electives ever. Except in like last year I get to chose between two classes.

I haven't gotten any lessons, I can only play the starts of songs from tutorials by that guy (only the starts because I get bored/distracted easily), and also jingle bells :cheerful_h4h:

:yay: For tuning! I can't do that crap at all, Im so glad I don't have to. My friend has been trying to learn guitar for like 5 years now also, with renewed enthusiasm just now, and has been whining about how she can't tune too :roftl:

You don't have classes like that? Odd. We have quite a few others that I can't think of except for yoga. :naughty:

I started watching that tutorial but saw it was over 8 minutes long and got side tracked. The songs that I know on the piano I learned from one of our keyboards at home that'll play some songs for you and it has a screen and you can see what keys it's "hitting." I'm pretty sweet at chopsticks and put my own spin on it.

I've found it's really quite easy to tune the guitar. It's just that back in 6th grade the guitars were already tuned for us so we could play. Then I got my own guitar but had no one to teach me for so long.

This is what I do to tune the guitar on my own... http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa_tuning_guitar_2.htm I just listen to the mp3 of the 6th string in tune, I get mine in tune with it and then I go through the process of 55545. I wish I could explain clearer of what 55545 stands for. Actually OOOH I just found this... http://www.8notes.com/guitar%5Ftuner/default.asp?sstring=e1 to move onto the next note just click on it!

Remixes hurt my ears and brain :boxed:

But at least this one hasn't messed about with his voice, so it's not as bad as it could be :bleh:

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Yes, it's quite nice here, thanks :naughty:

I haven't heard many remixes. I was just surprised that I ran across one.

Wow! Does it often happen in Australia ?

Over there, it's rarely a fortnight without some rain

A couple of times in Summer :bleh:

You don't have classes like that? Odd. We have quite a few others that I can't think of except for yoga.

Ahh, so how do they work? Are they just the same as normal classes? How do they even mark you on them? We only do three classes per semester :blink: And they all have lectures and assingments and exams :thumbdown:

I started watching that tutorial but saw it was over 8 minutes long and got side tracked. The songs that I know on the piano I learned from one of our keyboards at home that'll play some songs for you and it has a screen and you can see what keys it's "hitting." I'm pretty sweet at chopsticks and put my own spin on it.

Yeah, their good tutorials though, it just teaches you by memory (or by coloured stickers that you stick on your keys, in my case).

LOL! Classic. My keyboard is supposed to have them, but I don't get how to make them work :crybaby:

I've found it's really quite easy to tune the guitar. It's just that back in 6th grade the guitars were already tuned for us so we could play. Then I got my own guitar but had no one to teach me for so long.

This is what I do to tune the guitar on my own... http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa_tuning_guitar_2.htm I just listen to the mp3 of the 6th string in tune, I get mine in tune with it and then I go through the process of 55545. I wish I could explain clearer of what 55545 stands for. Actually OOOH I just found this... http://www.8notes.com/guitar%5Ftuner/default.asp?sstring=e1 to move onto the next note just click on it!

Haha!

Their pretty good :thumb_yello: But I'd still suck at it, like knowing when it needs to go up or down or whatnot.

In band in highschool the music teacher would go along and tell us all to go flatter or sharper and I never understood any of it. It all sounds the same to me :fisch:

where do you live in Australia btw ?

I'm on the west side :bleh:

Yeah, isn't it a little sad how excited we get whenever we find anything Mika-related? There are remixes on the singles, and they sound like crap. The BG one is particularly painfull.

For Mike.

iheartmika1.jpg

LOL LOL LOL!!

Mike said "Please inform Miss Monkey that I am blahblah.gif"

Sorry, I forget the rest.. I was playing sudoku..

Yeah. I'm totally jealous he has a lot more chest hair than I do. It's really quite unfair.

Of course you're jealous. I find that extremely hot *das*

Ooooh.... do auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif want to go out with us? WEsmileyfixed.gif
Yes they do!!!!

*blink blink*I seriously don't understand...

So basically the whole thing is nicked from pagan's? What's it got to do with Jesus/Christianity then?

Religion has been around more than 2000 years OD.

All beliefs as we know them are beliefs that mankind has held for thousands of years.. maybe even 10's of thousands of years depending on how far back you think mankind goes. It's fascinating. You should read into it.

half of my brain wishes it understood what you 2 were on bout, the other half is glad it doesnt know... gee i love when my brain argues with itself

Don't worry, we don't know what we're on about half the time.. LOL! Make it up as we go..

It still signifies the death and resurrection of Jesus...

Christianity is known for taking aspects of other religions and incorporating them in itself. It makes converting people easier, since the religion the pagans etc convert to has many similar aspects to their own religion.

Indeed it does.. And Christianity isn't the only religion to do so. There's not really anything wrong with it because the beliefs they borrow are (most the time) good ones.

Evening! Thank you verra much. Happy Easter to you too!

My stirring arm hurts... making cookies and cupcakes... I'm turning into Martha Stewart.

:mf_pain:

*pretend this is a Martha Stewart emoticon*

LMAO!! So.. where are my cookies :wub2:

*posts with the hope of being first on the page*

How is everyone this evening?

EDIT: D'oh! I was reading the previous page so I thought it was at the end of the page.

First post of page = FAILED

Good. And how are you?

Awwwww...my kittycat is curled up next to me and he's twitching in his sleep

Random.

Awww, so cute. My babies are all sleeping too.. time to wake them up for no reason.. *naughty*

I was skimming posts and came across yours and was ready to punch you for using such a stupid colour and then realised you were doing it on purpose. Is it Finkster who uses a really small blu font? I always struggle to read her posts!

Hey Jols..

Finkster uses the small orange font. Maybe it looks bigger on her computer. But it's way way too small on mine *naughty*

Fine otherwise ?

Talking about crap,the weather is awful over here

I bet it's great in Australia,isn't it ?

Heya!!! How are you?

It was nice here today.. I didn't have to check the temperature.

And any day where I don't do that means it was just right..

Probably about 24 degrees Celsius..:thumb_yello:

A couple of times in Summer :bleh:

I'm on the west side :bleh:

Yeah, isn't it a little sad how excited we get whenever we find anything Mika-related? There are remixes on the singles, and they sound like crap. The BG one is particularly painfull.

Me?excited about anything Mika related?never! :mf_rosetinted:

I hate the BG one too. The Relax one isn't awful though

All beliefs as we know them are beliefs that mankind has held for thousands of years.. maybe even 10's of thousands of years depending on how far back you think mankind goes. It's fascinating. You should read into it.

Indeed it does.. And Christianity isn't the only religion to do so. There's not really anything wrong with it because the beliefs they borrow are (most the time) good ones.

It may fascinating, but it became all to do with power which is just :boxed: because they shouldn't have anything to do with each other really.

Finkster uses the small orange font. Maybe it looks bigger on her computer. But it's way way too small on mine *naughty*

Hahaha, I wonder if anyone's ever told her that it is annoying :bleh:

Here's the BG remix from the cd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E071CkWwApo :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

Remixes hurt my ears and brain

But at least this one hasn't messed about with his voice, so it's not as bad as it could be

I love remixes, they can give a song a spin that you hadn't previously imagined.

Except from the Patrick Wolf 'Love Today' Remix, the Tom Middleton 'Big Girl' remix and the Pull Tiger Tail 'Grace Kelly' Remix. The first two are uncreative distortions of the original and the last one is simply annoying.

I do, however, like the majority of my 17 'Relax' remixes. :naughty:

LOL LOL LOL!!

Mike said "Please inform Miss Monkey that I am blahblah.gif"

Sorry, I forget the rest.. I was playing sudoku..

[/color][/color] Yes they do!!!!

Don't worry, we don't know what we're on about half the time.. LOL! Make it up as we go..

LMAO!! So.. where are my cookies :wub2:

First post of page = FAILED

Good. And how are you?

Awww, so cute. My babies are all sleeping too.. time to wake them up for no reason.. *naughty*

Hey Jols..

Heya!!! How are you?

It was nice here today.. I didn't have to check the temperature.

And any day where I don't do that means it was just right..

Probably about 24 degrees Celsius..:thumb_yello:

Hi Kelzy! I'm fine& u ?

Here I guess it's about 7°C_ so not such a big diff :naughty:

Are you celebrating easter? :original:

Me?excited about anything Mika related?never! :mf_rosetinted:

I hate the BG one too. The Relax one isn't awful though

:bleh::roftl:

I hope your not talking about a relax single in our thread :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

I love remixes, they can give a song a spin that you hadn't previously imagined.

Except from the Patrick Wolf 'Love Today' Remix, the Tom Middleton 'Big Girl' remix and the Pull Tiger Tail 'Grace Kelly' Remix. The first two are uncreative distortions of the original and the last one is simply annoying.

I disagree. Remixes screw up my brain's musical balance. You have 17 Relax remixes? WHAT????

Okay, link me to one. Try and convert me into a remix-liker :bleh:

It may fascinating, but it became all to do with power which is just :boxed: because they shouldn't have anything to do with each other really.

Hahaha, I wonder if anyone's ever told her that it is annoying :bleh:

Here's the BG remix from the cd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E071CkWwApo :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

My ears! No my ears! :roftl:

I quite like remixes but sometimes they sound too weird as they totally don't look like the original song or some (like BG) makes me want to shoot myself. But sometimes it's the contrary,like when you hear the commercial version of a song all the time without having heard the original,the original then seems so long and rhythm-less if you know what I mean

You have 17 Relax remixes? WHAT????

Okay, link me to one. Try and convert me into a remix-liker :bleh:

It depends. I happen to like electronica, house music and club songs. If you don't you're already predisposed to not liking them. :bleh:

I'll upload some anyway.

:bleh:

I hope your not talking about a relax single in our thread :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

:roftl: the last relax single wasn't released in France neither, bought it at HMV ^^

But is Mika very popular in Australia ?

But fantastic weather huh ? :bleh:

But when you hear about the weather in Canada! :shocked: A girl who used to live there told me that when she went outside, her hair wet,it used to freeze and there were some kind of little ice cubes in her hair!:naughty:

A couple of times in Summer

Ahh, so how do they work? Are they just the same as normal classes? How do they even mark you on them? We only do three classes per semester :blink: And they all have lectures and assingments and exams :thumbdown:

Yeah, their good tutorials though, it just teaches you by memory (or by coloured stickers that you stick on your keys, in my case).

LOL! Classic. My keyboard is supposed to have them, but I don't get how to make them work :crybaby:

Haha!

Their pretty good :thumb_yello: But I'd still suck at it, like knowing when it needs to go up or down or whatnot.

In band in highschool the music teacher would go along and tell us all to go flatter or sharper and I never understood any of it. It all sounds the same to me :fisch:

Um... they're just like regular classes that range in how many credits they are. All we do is sign up. You're lucky you only have three per semester. We have between 5-6 classes. Some are for 55 minutes three times a week or once a week for 2 hours and 40 minutes but most are an hour and 20 minutes twice a week. I get to experience all three of those types of classes this semester.

Well maybe if I find a tutorial I can go down to the floor below me to our lounge and try it out on the piano down there. Doubt it'll sound really good though. Generally all you have to do to get a song is hit a button. Mine you hit a button then you type in the number you want.

Flatter is lower sharper is higher. It's hard to tell when you're really close to having it in tune and you're off just by a bit.

LOL LOL LOL!!

It's hot that I'm jealous?

Would it be even more hotter if I rubbed Rogaine on myself?

:wink2:

And yay we are happy! )) )) (okay so I really need to save that smiley and upload it to my photobucket.)

I have no clue how to find remixes. I have my MSN up though and I noticed you're listening to the remixes haha.

Oh yeah. I put my laptop on mute when I was on the phone and forgot it. It's been playing them on shuffle since. :roftl:

Well, I've been stalking and myspacing and googling what you've been listening to. :roftl: You were on some Moran & Rigg one for the longest time. :lmfao:

I swear I'm not a stalker I can explain. :roftl: I have my MSN on the left side of my screen since you Aussies are the only people up at this time and my web browser is on the right.

Well, I've been stalking and myspacing and googling what you've been listening to. :roftl: You were on some Moran & Rigg one for the longest time. :lmfao:

I swear I'm not a stalker I can explain. :roftl: I have my MSN on the left side of my screen since you Aussies are the only people up at this time and my web browser is on the right.

I'll be listening to them for a while yet: I need to decide which ones of my 17 Relax remixes to upload for OkD. :naughty:

That's where I lost interest. Once I realised that, I had to look into religion and I questioned my beliefs for a long time. So much so that I called myself an atheist because I just couldn't agree with The Bible enough to call myself Catholic anymore. Then I became a witch.. Which made me realise there are all different kinds of Gods and Goddesses. So now I just call myself Spiritual and that I believe in the foundations of all religions but there is no set religion I am attached to. Apparently that makes me an Omnist. maybe..

Hahaha, I wonder if anyone's ever told her that it is annoying

If you do, I'll slap you. :sneaky2::naughty:

Hi Kelzy! I'm fine& u ?

Here I guess it's about 7°C_ so not such a big diff

Are you celebrating easter?

I'm good!

7°C :blink: Well, we might get to 10 overnight so it's not too bad!

Yes I am. I have to do some dyed eggs in the morning. Although I'm so awake now I should do them!!

Are you celebrating Easter? What do you normally do for it?

It's hot that I'm jealous?

Would it be even more hotter if I rubbed Rogaine on myself?

It's hot.. But would be hotter if you wrote me a soppy love song and sang it to me in tight leather pants.

And yay we are happy! )) )) (okay so I really need to save that smiley and upload it to my photobucket.)

We are happy that you are happy!! auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif

I'll be listening to them for a while yet: I need to decide which ones of my 17 Relax remixes to upload for OkD. :naughty:

It seems like most of the remixes are of Relax.

It's hot.. But would be hotter if you wrote me a soppy love song and sang it to me in tight leather pants.

We are happy that you are happy!! auglytwinsMFCrotate.gif

Hmm... *goes out and buys duct tape because it's cheaper than leather pants. :naughty:

*breaks out in song...*

"I'm not gonna write you a love song

'cause you asked for it

'cause you need one, you see

I'm not gonna write you a love song

'cause you tell me it's

Make or break in this

If you're on your way

I'm not gonna write you to stay

If all you have is leavin',

Imma need a better reason

To write you a love song today (today)" :wink2:

Where should we go on our date? The dentist? WEsmileyfixed.gif

Hmm... *goes out and buys duct tape because it's cheaper than leather pants. :naughty:

*breaks out in song...*

"I'm not gonna write you a love song

'cause you asked for it

'cause you need one, you see

I'm not gonna write you a love song

'cause you tell me it's

Make or break in this

If you're on your way

I'm not gonna write you to stay

If all you have is leavin',

Imma need a better reason

To write you a love song today (today)" :wink2: