The Australian Thread: Part Ten

Good night Aussies! (It's Saturday morning for me). Gotta go start my busy day by first getting an X-Ray of my neck, grocery shopping, laundry, chauffering kids to birthday parties, dinner with Christine and closetmikafan, then hopefully getting some entertainment at the end of the night from someone's webcam.

Woooow - busy day! Busy SATURDAY! :shocked:

Why do you need an xray? :blink:

*GASP!* :shocked:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I just dyed my hair successfully for the first time!

I'll post before and after pics soon

Yayyyyyy! :yay:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then hopefully getting some entertainment at the end of the night from someone's webcam. :naughty:

You can keep on hoping, 'cause it's not going to happen. :fisch:

LOOOOL! Brilliant! Is it spelt Mika or Mica? I love that they've made that association. Were you born in Morocco or Australia?

Their official language is Arabic so it's neither as they use Arabic characters. :naughty: I was born there.

are we all being good little Mikamites and voting heaps for the MTV Awards?

For those interested, Channel V are showing the Glastonbury Festival on Good Friday and are using Mika and Lily Allen to advertise:thumb_yello:

:shocked: :shocked:

I know!! How dare I!!

*sigh* ... fiiiinnnnee

:sneaky2: :sneaky2:

makeotherhappy.gif

You can keep on hoping, 'cause it's not going to happen.

Ohh so you have webcam :fisch:

For those interested, Channel V are showing the Glastonbury Festival on Good Friday and are using Mika and Lily Allen to advertise:thumb_yello:

Oh thanks for that! I'll have to set the reminder.

Their official language is Arabic so it's neither as they use Arabic characters. I was born there.

Ahh :wink2:

:shocked: *GASP* GET OUT! :sneaky2::naughty:

How long did you live there?

Of course :wink2:

That'd be right, gloat gloat brag brag. Go on. Keep at it. :sneaky2:

Hi ppls..

Who wants to torture their eyes?

Madonna's (or "Madoona's" for those of the Melzy persuasion..) album coverghh::sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Wow....it's almost as bad as the thought of Justin Timberlake working on her album and I like her!....apologies to the JT fans :naughty:

Kelz, could I ask you for a favour? Could you change my sig pic to "Click to vote for me in the MTV Australia Awards" or if that won't fit then "Click to vote for me in the MTVA Awards"? I would be very grateful. *bjm*

I was actually thinking of doing that anyway! TP!! I'll do it now. :thumb_yello:

Hi ppls..

Madonna (or "Madoona" for those of the Melzy persuasion..) gets her "deisel dyke" on for her new album coverghh:

mcoptnf7.jpg

Me no likey.. :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

Me no likey madooopoona coverrrgghh either :thumbdown:

I hope the songs turn out good.

Hi ppls..

Madonna (or "Madoona" for those of the Melzy persuasion..) gets her "diesel dyke" on for her new album coverghh:

mcoptnf7.jpg

Me no likey.. :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

You already know what I think of that album title. :lmao:

I wouldn't mind the dyke get-up... if she were 20 years younger. :fisch:

Wait, we already discussed tonight older/younger men/women. Bring it on. :mf_rosetinted:

If it's Arabic, why does Mika say his name is plastic bag in Moroccan and not Araibic? :blink:

It's a word in the Moroccan dialect of Arabic (i.e. the spoken language there) but since the official/written language there is MSA (Modern Standard Arabic i.e. a formal standardised form of Arabic instituted since there are about 20 or so different dialects of Arabic in the world) they would use Arabic characters to write their slang words.

3 years.

Ohhh, okay then, you can come back in the thread :wink2::naughty:

no gloating intended....honest:wink2: ....I'm heading off peoples, see you tomorrow:thumb_yello:

Suuuure :sneaky2: Seeya! :bleh:

It's a word in the Moroccan dialect of Arabic (i.e. the spoken language there) but since the official/written language there is MSA (Modern Standard Arabic i.e. a formal standardised form of Arabic instituted since there are about 20 or so different dialects of Arabic in the world) they would use Arabic characters to write their slang words.

Ohh .. so kind of liiike sweater/jumper? Or not really :bleh:

Ohh .. so kind of liiike sweater/jumper? Or not really :bleh:

Yes, except the differences between the vocabulary and pronunciation of English in different countries is a lot less than the difference between Arabic in different countries. The further you move West in the Middle East and North Africa the more different the dialects of Arabic get (Moroccan, for example, is a mixture of Berber - the indigenous language of the country - with Arabic and French and Spanish - whom have all invaded/occupied the country at one point or another). A Moroccan and a Lebanese person, for example, wouldn't be able to communicate much to each other using their respective dialects of Arabic, hence why Modern Standard Arabic was instituted.

To be honest, the English language is so much simpler than some people think. When you tackle languages with massive vocabularies and many ways to say the same thing like Arabic or languages with complex grammar like French or character-based languages such as Chinese you realise how simple it is comparatively.

Yes, except the differences between the vocabulary and pronunciation of English in different countries is a lot less than the difference between Arabic in different countries. The further you move West in the Middle East and North Africa the more different the dialects of Arabic get (Moroccan, for example, is a mixture of Berber - the indigenous language of the country - with Arabic and French and Spanish - whom have all invaded/occupied the country at one point or another). A Moroccan and a Lebanese person, for example, wouldn't be able to communicate much to each other using their respective dialects of Arabic, hence why Modern Standard Arabic was instituted.

To be honest, the English language is so much simpler than some people think. When you tackle languages with massive vocabularies and many ways to say the same thing like Arabic or languages with complex grammar like French or character-based languages such as Chinese you realise how simple it is comparatively.

Ahhh, okay, I get it. :wink2:

And yeah, they* have a word for "plastic bag" - lol, whereas we just plonk plastic and bag together :blink:

*you :naughty:

Brilliant!...I think this should be our official citizenship test...it's alot more relevant

It's not normal for Tassie or Melbourne to be getting this in Autumn....Bring on Winter and the rain :thumb_yello:

It is more relevant, and it makes sense in its bizarre aussie way.

And I agree.... Im sick of hot days... it was wet in feb, I want at least cooler in march then (even though I hate the cold too)

[quote name=Tanya K;1271937

Did you catch Mika live at Koko in London today on Channel V.....it was brilliant' date=' should convert a few more to Mika.

:[/quote]

I caught the very ed of lollipop :naughty: Was watching scrubs half the day

I guess she's now in the running with me, Soy and Teegs for the MQ Award. Teegs currently holds the title but it's been swapped among us a few times now. : Keep writing progressively longer posts, OkD and you'll claim it off Teegs soon.

*remembers the brief span of time she was mq queen*

I shall be again one day

*swears it*

Yay! But didn't she do a 3-post-er just yesterday? :blink::boxed:

And that is why us mere mq mortals are as yet not a challenge to her.... but we will..... oh be sure...one day we will

Like when I'm absent long enough to actually have something to MQ....damn addiction

Hi Jolene...bummer that you missed it:thumbdown:....they're showing the Glastonbury Festival on Good Friday and using Mika and Lily Allen to advertise it, so we might get some good stuff off that

I might watch it.... if I'm not researching homework stuff or sleeping *insert naughty smile*

Hi ppls..

Madonna (or "Madoona" for those of the Melzy persuasion..) gets her "diesel dyke" on for her new album coverghh:

mcoptnf7.jpg

:

*covers eyes and hopes she hasn't been permantly scarred*

And hello everyone, back from work (fun fun fun) and preparing for eventual bed....

Didn't do any study today, so have to try and start the two assignments due wednesday/thursday tomorrow