The Australian Thread: Part Ten

I love blue budgies! They are so cute.

So does Blue mean they are male? I've never bothered to check that out, but I know there are colours = gender in the bird kingdom.

if the cere / top part of the beak is blue its a male if its brown its a girl

i love budgies as well these two have a problem for chriping as early as 5 am to be over covered and start the day not to mention dont you dare take a cat nap they dont stop chirping till you wake up

we have same vases on top of a wall cabnit and they love playing peek aboo from behind a vase and hide and go seek

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the cere / top part of the beak is blue its a male if its brown its a girl

thanks:thumb_yello: I think it's fascinating how that happens.

i love budgies as well these two have a problem for chriping as early as 5 am to be over covered and start the day not to mention dont you dare take a cat nap they dont stop chirping till you wake up

we have same vases on top of a wall cabnit and they love playing peek aboo from behind a vase and hide and go seek

hahaha!! My budgies, that I had a long long time ago, did the same thing!!!

:blink:What.. No pic to prove it?? :naughty:

We love photoshooting here..

How do you guys get the energy to get up, take a picture, connect the camera, crop the picture and upload it?

I am so comfortable right now :naughty:

I just ordered my cake!!! It's gonna be A-MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ZING!!!!!

*does a highland fling*

Will post pic...

Woooooooooo!!!

I feel like cake now!!!

IMG_0157-1.jpg

hahahahahahaaa!!! :roftl:

"She's too busy looking at that bouffy haired dude to notice we've escaped!! Freedom here we come!!"

How do you guys get the energy to get up, take a picture, connect the camera, crop the picture and upload it?

Camera phone and bluetooth saves me some time :naughty: I lower my pic settings so the photo is smaller to start with.. And I'm comfortable too so I'm not going to be taking any photos for any reason!

It takes a lot of energy..... but photoshooting is fun.

Work is preventing me from having a RL tonight....

And heya everyone... *melts*

I should do some assignment work

Woooooooooo!!!

I feel like cake now!!!

hahahahahahaaa!!! :roftl:

"She's too busy looking at that bouffy haired dude to notice we've escaped!! Freedom here we come!!"

thats a good one

i let them out at 10.am and its 3.02 pm they wont go back in till i play ala fetch your they give me a heart attack and go home themseleves

She's too busy looking at that bouffy haired dude to notice we've escaped!! Freedom here we come!!"[/

i was wandering why they where so damn quite

Hello everyone! (I actually read what I missed this time...)

you can go for a person who is way way way older and get the same reaction though :naughty:

Go on, we all know you're just dying to date a 58 yo man :lmfao:

an 18 year old and a 24 year old is a bit :blink: but a 50 year old and a 56 year old is :thumb_yello: who cares..

So the older you get the bigger the age range needs to be.

For me, at 30 anything 6 years either way is :blink: *gasp worthy*

If I was to date a 20 or 40 year old it would be :jawdrop: *Jawdrop worthy* and yes, on the verge of creepy!

OG, I read a really weird book where an 18 yo marries someone who's 55....

Fush n chups are good.. I feel like a banana fritter now :blush-anim-cl: with maple syrup and ice cream..

Add this to your list of why you should come to Canada: maple syrup sold anywhere outside of its homeland sucks.

Well done!! Seeya later!!!!!!!!!!

I got distracted elsewhere for awhile..

Seriously this official business must be close now..

Close? Well if you mean sometime in the next 4 years, then yes, I suppose it might be.

:roftl::roftl: We're having a heatwave right now so anything or anyone that makes it rain is my favourite new toy/best friend :naughty:

There's a honorary Aussie quiz you have to go through.:wink2:

Name an Aussie TV show

Name an Aussie singer/band

Name an Aussie Beer

Name something Australia is well known for

Name an Aussie Movie

What do you put on a BBQ

What are thongs

(Can't think of more - help me Aussies :roftl:)

That's nothing compared to what *I* had to answer!!!

Kelzy made them. :thumb_yello:

I hope that he has a chance. If it was America I would say that 50 Cent ft. Justin Timberlake would win for sure but since it's Oz I think that Fergie or the Foo Fighters will win it.

Bleech.

Actually, all those songs are fun to sing if you're making fun of them. It's also amusing that you can learn the words to 'Big Girls Don't Cry' after listening to it once.

Australian Citizenship Test

1. Do you understand the meaning, but are unable to explain the origin of, the term "died in the arse"?

_____________________________ ______

2. What is a bloody little beauty?

3. Are these terms related: chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey?

4. Explain the following passage:

"In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a Bex and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo."

_____________________________ _____

5. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100 km/h while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acca Dacca, how many slabs will each person on average consume between flashing a brown eye and having a slash?

6. Complete the following sentences:

a) "If the van's rockin' don't bother .......

b) You're going home in the back of a .........

c) Fair crack of the...........

_____________________________ ____

7. I've had a gutful and I can't be fagged. Discuss

8. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie?

9. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard "up on blocks"? Is his name Bruce and does he have a wife called Cheryl?

10. Does your family regularly eat a dish involving mincemeat, cabbage, curry powder and a packet of chicken noodle soup called either chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming?

11. What are the ingredients in a rissole?

12. Demonstrate the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam.

13. Do you have an Aunty Irene who smokes 30 cigarettes a day and sounds like a bloke?

14. In any two-hour period have you ever eaten three-bean salad, a chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else's beer that has been flogged from a bath full of ice?

15. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people's meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?

16. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter "b" is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?

17. Do you own or have you ever owned a lawn mower, a pair of thongs, an Esky or Ugg boots?

18. Is it possible to "prang a car" while doing "circle work"?

19. Who would you like to crack on to?

20. Who is the most Australian: Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, John "True Blue" Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie?

21. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool?

22. What does sinkin piss at a mate’s joint and gettin paralised mean?

More like it.

*cough*

I must be getting overtired if I am amusing myself by making macros and motivational posters.

2iatvo6.jpg17emo3.jpg

Hahahahahaa....

:lmfao: Well done!!!!.. And here's my contribution of proof Mika Loves the WIGGLES

wigglesworthymika.jpg

:roftl: Me either!!

Hi there.. :biggrin2:

Hello Hello!!! ZoZo the Terrifika!!!

OMG. He's like my friend Sarah, she's got outfits in every colour. Actually, she's got enough to wear solid yellow for a week without wearing the same item twice. I'm sure it's the same with other colours too...

I think it's worse when little kids call you "lady" though ... that's just creepy.

Yeah, but they're little kids...it's adults, who should by now have developed keener observational skills, who call me 'little girl'.

Hello Aussies. Feels like I haven't spoken to you guys in foreverrr.

I'm pretty much going to get 0 sleep before my bus trip. We have to leave at 5am so I need to be out there before 4:40. :boxed: There's no way I'm taking a nap after midnight because I don't want to risk sleeping through the trip.

I got this nifty little travel pillow the other day though. It's one that goes around your neck but it blows up... so I can bring that with me and to Europe, deflate it when I'm done and put it in my purse and go.

It's going to be sooooooo weird going from just trees and mountains into a huuuge city. It's always more odd because I always fall asleep on trips so I'll fall asleep not long after leaving probably and wake up to... *gasp* civilization. :shocked: Who KNEW there was civilization in this world?! :blink::naughty:

WOOOO have fun! I bet you will...

What is this civilisation you speak of?

no she told me i spent too much time on the mfc and i was like er...right you're the one on the computer in FRANCE and she's being so bitchy and i told her to stop talking to my mom because it's freaky and weird that she's like friends with my mom, ya know, i just...GAH and she keeps harping on me and as if today wasnt bad enough

She's silly. She's in France and on the computer? WHAT THE HELL. France is so fabulous, why the hell isn't she out seeing it? It takes long enough to see just Paris, and then there are so many OTHER amazing places...

*stumbles in with huge bags under her eyes*

How is everyone?

Tonight is the last performance of 'Disco Inferno'. I don't want it to end!!

OH. MY. GOD. Your musical is called Disco Inferno????!!!!

I SO want to see it now!

Hope it went well!

Omigod. I'm Filipino...and I'm 35. If I go to Australia, people might think I was sold at the bakery. I just coincidentally mentioned in the Apple's thread that I am sporting a lovely new "muffin top" hanging over my tight jeans. And Yop flirted back to me with a response saying she loves muffin tops.

So I might as well be a Filipino sold at the bakery. :naughty:

HAHAHAHAHA

Hello chickadee! I'm visiting your Aussie thread. Library ATM? - "ATM" to me stands for "automated teller machine" - gives out cash.

You know what's weird? How most people say ATM machine--so they're saying 'automated teller machine machine'.

Hi everyone- my name is Jolene and I wonder if it would okay to post in here with all of you? :mf_rosetinted:

Wow- I have been soooooooo ****ing busy this week- as you can obviously tell by lack of posts. Have decided that trying to recruitment for a new store visit stores in Darwin and Adelaide (in a heatwave) and answer a million emails/ phone calls is not really something I want to do on a regular basis :boxed: Luckily there was copius amount of alcohol purchased (I am dreading when accounts get my expenses :naughty: )

So, from what I have gathered we are still not official, Mika is the new wiggles (the entire group) Aaurora posted a really cool Aus citizenship test and we are trying to cull the list of Aussie Mikamites who have proven to be deserters. Anything else?

Oh, and OkD- if you wnat a job at Rockingham I am doing recruitment next month sometime :thumb_yello:

OH. MY. GOD. Your musical is called Disco Inferno????!!!!

I SO want to see it now!

Hope it went well!

Hehe, yeah it is. Just imagine every popular disco hit from the 70s and I can pretty much promise you that it's in it.

There's half an hour until I have to go. Is it weird that I'm way more nervous tonight than I have been the previous three times?

Heres one I prepared earlier

mybird.jpg

*awwwws*

It takes a lot of energy..... but photoshooting is fun.

Work is preventing me from having a RL tonight....

And heya everyone... *melts*

I should do some assignment work

Hello!!!! *waves*

thats a good one

i let them out at 10.am and its 3.02 pm they wont go back in till i play ala fetch your they give me a heart attack and go home themseleves

i was wandering why they where so damn quite

hahaha.. you've lost them forever now!!

I'm pretty sure there's an after-party but I have no idea where or when!

Just don't invite Mika :naughty:

Hello everyone! (I actually read what I missed this time...)

Add this to your list of why you should come to Canada: maple syrup sold anywhere outside of its homeland sucks.

Close? Well if you mean sometime in the next 4 years, then yes, I suppose it might be.

That's nothing compared to what *I* had to answer!!!

You know what's weird? How most people say ATM machine--so they're saying 'automated teller machine machine'.

whoa - long post.. Ok.. mmmm Maple syrup.. 4years? i thought 8.. your favourite number :wink2: Your quiz was on MSN hahahah!

ATM machine .. People always say that !! :naughty:

Hi everyone- my name is Jolene and I wonder if it would okay to post in here with all of you? :mf_rosetinted:

Wow- I have been soooooooo ****ing busy this week- as you can obviously tell by lack of posts. Have decided that trying to recruitment for a new store visit stores in Darwin and Adelaide (in a heatwave) and answer a million emails/ phone calls is not really something I want to do on a regular basis Luckily there was copius amount of alcohol purchased (I am dreading when accounts get my expenses )

So, from what I have gathered we are still not official, Mika is the new wiggles (the entire group) Aaurora posted a really cool Aus citizenship test and we are trying to cull the list of Aussie Mikamites who have proven to be deserters. Anything else?

Oh, and OkD- if you wnat a job at Rockingham I am doing recruitment next month sometime

Hi Jolene and welcome to the Aussie thread. Where are you from?:naughty:

*awwwws*

Hello!!!! *waves*

hahaha.. you've lost them forever now!!

Just don't invite Mika :naughty:

whoa - long post.. Ok.. mmmm Maple syrup.. 4years? i thought 8.. your favourite number :wink2: Your quiz was on MSN hahahah!

ATM machine .. People always say that !! :naughty:

Hi Jolene and welcome to the Aussie thread. Where are you from?:naughty:

hehe nope there back home

yoohooos:)

hey lovies!

do any of you have parents who just don't quite understand your enthusiasm for MIKA?

My mum thinks its just some of weird phase that I am going through!

:roftl: :roftl:

I'VE DONE IT MWAHAHAHAHA, After much work I finally have got my family to love Mika... Mum hated him... and now thanks to BG on RAGE, she apparentally really loves the song... I think I almost passed out... and then later on she started singing it in a non-mocking way!

Today shall be known as the day I_no_longer_have_to_take_sh*t_from_my_mother_for_having_a_Mika_obsession!

:mf_rosetinted:

hey lovies!

do any of you have parents who just don't quite understand your enthusiasm for MIKA?

I did....

*points to upper post!*

hey lovies!

Nope...I have the opposite problem, my mum loves Mika!!!!