The Australian Thread: Part Ten

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

Fnally finished my mikamail parcel today! But the post office closed at 12 - wtf??

I'm pretty much going to get 0 sleep before my bus trip. We have to leave at 5am so I need to be out there before 4:40. There's no way I'm taking a nap after midnight because I don't want to risk sleeping through the trip.

I got this nifty little travel pillow the other day though. It's one that goes around your neck but it blows up... so I can bring that with me and to Europe, deflate it when I'm done and put it in my purse and go.

It's going to be sooooooo weird going from just trees and mountains into a huuuge city. It's always more odd because I always fall asleep on trips so I'll fall asleep not long after leaving probably and wake up to... *gasp* civilization. Who KNEW there was civilization in this world?!

Civilisation? What's that? None of that stuff here :fisch:

Awesomeeee! have funnn!

I didn't get much sleep.....my body is just tuned to get out of bed every day at 6am

Are you guys voting today? It's Bris/Gold Coasts day of voting for lord mayor and the councillors. I have no idea who to vote for. Is it better to have the lord mayor Labor like the PM? Buggered if I know. You don't want a full parliament full of the one team, I think.

Yuck!

Nope. I vote for whoever's picture catches my eye. Usually the one that looks the funniest/ugliest.

you most be on the side of aussie who is having winter hehe

:thumb_yello:

I haven't spammed in a while either. Might have to do it a bit this weekend..

C'mon Girls.. and Scut - Let's get Spamming

You calling Scut not-a-girl?

Me too.. Scut drops them when you least expect it

I KNOW! :sneaky2:

I went out with a 27yo when I was 20 and there was always a *blink blink* reaction. (But, I have nearly always gone for older men)

Anyway, I don't think "eww age difference.." But I do sometimes go *blink blink* when I notice it.. it's just a general observation of how the world works.. we expect to see same age couples dating and to see an age difference isn't as common. But it is getting more common.

Yeah, but when the age difference is enough for one person to be the other's parent, then it's just creepy. Full stop.

And also, the younger you are the creepier. These people my brother lives with ... they have a kid who is 3, meaning they had him when they were 15 and 20 :boxed:

Around here there is an amazing amount of older men with 30yo Philipino wifes... There's a bakery in town that if you go in often enough, and you're over 40, the owner will eventually ask you if you want a Phillipino bride. And he's not joking. lol!! It's common knowledge!!

LOL LOL!

I'm lethal with PM's.. it's my new weapon of mass destruction.

*is scared*

no she told me i spent too much time on the mfc and i was like er...right you're the one on the computer in FRANCE and she's being so bitchy and i told her to stop talking to my mom because it's freaky and weird that she's like friends with my mom, ya know, i just...GAH and she keeps harping on me and as if today wasnt bad enough

CREEPYYYYYY!

*stumbles in with huge bags under her eyes*

How is everyone?

Tonight is the last performance of 'Disco Inferno'. I don't want it to end!!

What you doin' with Mika's under your eyes?

*blames Scut for brain's word-association*

Then film it - then it won't ever have to end!

awww! You've had a busy week! I'm good. So are there any special plans for closing night?

Yes, it's going to be filmed :fisch:

Omigod. I'm Filipino...and I'm 35. If I go to Australia, people might think I was sold at the bakery. I just coincidentally mentioned in the Apple's thread that I am sporting a lovely new "muffin top" hanging over my tight jeans. And Yop flirted back to me with a response saying she loves muffin tops.

So I might as well be a Filipino sold at the bakery.

LOL LOL LOL!

(oops I spelt Filipino wrong, sorry)

That's odd, why is the spelt with an F when Phillipines is with a Ph?

He'd say "Hey!! You're not an old rich impotent man!!!!" *shakes fist*

LOL!

Actually, I'd probably be returned because I'm really more Canadian, quite accustomed to living a higher standard and not very domesticated.

LOL!

Library ATM? - "ATM" to me stands for "automated teller machine" - gives out cash.

Sad, I think I'd rather think like that. ... whenever I see or anyone uses ATM to mean "auto teller machine" I *think* "at the moment" .... lol

two little boys

heres a photo that was taken 5 minutes ago it took ages to get this photo

skye is blue and ryane green

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/themetalmunchkin/IMG_0157.jpg

AWWW! What an amazing photo! Omg, they have their arms around each other

I love blue budgies! They are so cute.

So does Blue mean they are male? I've never bothered to check that out, but I know there are colours = gender in the bird kingdom.

No! Budgie (and cockatiel) colours are like dog colours ; )

"She's too busy looking at that bouffy haired dude to notice we've escaped!! Freedom here we come!!"

LOL!

:o That is such an amazingly good photo. And he's so cute

hi good looking

... whaaaaat ya got cookin'?

how about cooking somethin' up with meeeee...

You know what's weird? How most people say ATM machine--so they're saying 'automated teller machine machine'.

LOL - never noticed that!

Hi everyone- my name is Jolene and I wonder if it would okay to post in here with all of you?

NO!

So, from what I have gathered we are still not official, Mika is the new wiggles (the entire group) Aaurora posted a really cool Aus citizenship test and we are trying to cull the list of Aussie Mikamites who have proven to be deserters.

LOL - that is the best summary of our thread *ever*!

Oh, and OkD- if you wnat a job at Rockingham I am doing recruitment next month sometime

:shocked: !!!! Keep me updated! :wub2: I have been trying to get a job for almost 2 years straight. I have 3 applications pending atm (at the moment, not automated teller machine)

Hehe, yeah it is. Just imagine every popular disco hit from the 70s and I can pretty much promise you that it's in it.

There's half an hour until I have to go. Is it weird that I'm way more nervous tonight than I have been the previous three times?

'course not, it's being filmed for youtube tonight!

Just don't invite Mika

hahahahahaha!

do any of you have parents who just don't quite understand your enthusiasm for MIKA?

My mum thinks its just some of weird phase that I am going through!

Phase! psshht!

My mother didn't even make one comment today while assisting me in putting book covering on my mika collage - lol lol!

I'VE DONE IT MWAHAHAHAHA, After much work I finally have got my family to love Mika... Mum hated him... and now thanks to BG on RAGE, she apparentally really loves the song... I think I almost passed out... and then later on she started singing it in a non-mocking way!

Today shall be known as the day I_no_longer_have_to_take_sh*t_from_my_mother_for_having_a_Mika_obsession!

OMIG NO WAY!!!! A non-mocking way even!! *shocked* *shocked* *shocked* (they are shocked smilies, but I don't have any picturesss left for this post)

Hello aussies,

Jeez you guys talk a lot.

Stupid boss! What's she playing at walking in at random like that?

Where do you work?

Oiii! That reminds me, my friend said she might be able to get me a job at Kmart with her, yay! I have to fill in the forms ... after I've finished this post...

:naughty:

They do talk alot don't they.....I'm having troubly keeping up but I'm sure I'll learn :wink2: .....work at Victoria Police in Employee Relations (I.R. stuff - not a cop though)!

How did you go with your forms?

Australian Citizenship Test

1. Do you understand the meaning, but are unable to explain the origin of, the term "died in the arse"?

_____________________________ ______

2. What is a bloody little beauty?

3. Are these terms related: chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey?

4. Explain the following passage:

"In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a Bex and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo."

_____________________________ _____

5. Macca, Chooka and Wanger are driving to Surfers in their Torana. If they are travelling at 100 km/h while listening to Barnsey, Farnsey and Acca Dacca, how many slabs will each person on average consume between flashing a brown eye and having a slash?

6. Complete the following sentences:

a) "If the van's rockin' don't bother .......

b) You're going home in the back of a .........

c) Fair crack of the...........

_____________________________ ____

7. I've had a gutful and I can't be fagged. Discuss

8. Have you ever been on the giving or receiving end of a wedgie?

9. Do you have a friend or relative who has a car in their front yard "up on blocks"? Is his name Bruce and does he have a wife called Cheryl?

10. Does your family regularly eat a dish involving mincemeat, cabbage, curry powder and a packet of chicken noodle soup called either chow mein, chop suey or kai see ming?

11. What are the ingredients in a rissole?

12. Demonstrate the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam.

13. Do you have an Aunty Irene who smokes 30 cigarettes a day and sounds like a bloke?

14. In any two-hour period have you ever eaten three-bean salad, a chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else's beer that has been flogged from a bath full of ice?

15. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people's meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?

16. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter "b" is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?

17. Do you own or have you ever owned a lawn mower, a pair of thongs, an Esky or Ugg boots?

18. Is it possible to "prang a car" while doing "circle work"?

19. Who would you like to crack on to?

20. Who is the most Australian: Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, John "True Blue" Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie?

21. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool?

22. What does sinkin piss at a mate’s joint and gettin paralised mean?

Brilliant!...I think this should be our official citizenship test...it's alot more relevant :wink2:

Kelzy made them. :thumb_yello:

I hope that he has a chance. If it was America I would say that 50 Cent ft. Justin Timberlake would win for sure but since it's Oz I think that Fergie or the Foo Fighters will win it.

Yeah....I reckon it will be hard to get past the Foo Fighters.

He played Tom. Susan Kennedy had a thing with him :naughty:

I remember Reverend Tom, he was cute...I always thought Susan should have stayed with him.

i think half of australia did sweltered

I spent the day in 37 degrees :thumbdown:

It's not normal for Tassie or Melbourne to be getting this in Autumn....Bring on Winter and the rain :thumb_yello:

:shocked:OD I think you just outdid yourself with your MQ!!

That's the longest one I've ever seen you do! :roftl:

Hi Tanya *waves*

Hey Kelzy!

Did you catch Mika live at Koko in London today on Channel V.....it was brilliant, should convert a few more to Mika.

Oh, can't remember where I saw your post, but my mum loves Mika too :thumb_yello:

:shocked:OD I think you just outdid yourself with your MQ!!

That's the longest one I've ever seen you do!

Thank ... I think :naughty:

Most of it was just lolling ... :blink: ... But I Loled at the things, so i had to let everyone know :wink2::naughty:

They do talk alot don't they.....I'm having troubly keeping up but I'm sure I'll learn .....work at Victoria Police in Employee Relations (I.R. stuff - not a cop though)!

How did you go with your forms?

Awesome! Working for the police basically = police :thumb_yello:

Fine, and my friend will be giving them to her boss, so hopefully it goes well. I dunno. Depends what they are looking for, I'm at school too late almost every day of the week though :thumbdown:

G'evening, Aussies ft. guests.

I'll bring my younger sister along too then.

How young? :fisch:

:roftl: Oooooh, damn, the plastic bag jokes .... always get me!
Me too.. Scut drops them when you least expect it:naughty:

My parents never fail to make a plastic bag joke whenever I mention Mika so I take it from them. :mf_rosetinted:

I haven't spammed in a while either. Might have to do it a bit this weekend..

C'mon Girls.. and Scut - Let's get Spamming

You calling Scut not-a-girl?

More Scut-has-a-penis jokes, eh? :sneaky2:

But I guess I don't help by not adding a gender sign to my profile. :bleh:

OMG. He's like my friend Sarah, she's got outfits in every colour. Actually, she's got enough to wear solid yellow for a week without wearing the same item twice. I'm sure it's the same with other colours too...

OG, that sounds like me except with purple not yellow. :roftl:

:shocked: OD I think you just outdid yourself with your MQ!!

That's the longest one I've ever seen you do! :roftl:

I guess she's now in the running with me, Soy and Teegs for the MQ Award. Teegs currently holds the title but it's been swapped among us a few times now. :naughty: Keep writing progressively longer posts, OkD and you'll claim it off Teegs soon. :bleh:

My parents never fail to make a plastic bag joke whenever I mention Mika so I take it from them. :mf_rosetinted:

LOL! And who told them about plastic bags? :naughty:

Brought it on yourself :wink2:

More Scut-has-a-penis jokes, eh? :sneaky2:

But I guess I don't help by not adding a gender sign to my profile. :bleh:

LOL! :roftl:

Hey, I never noticed that! *blames it on gender sign absence*

I'm hungry. And I want muffins. I think I'm going to find a muffin recipe and see if we have ingredients...

I guess she's now in the running with me, Soy and Teegs for the MQ Award. Teegs currently holds the title but it's been swapped among us a few times now. :naughty: Keep writing progressively longer posts, OkD and you'll claim it off Teegs soon. :bleh:

Yay! But didn't she do a 3-post-er just yesterday? :blink::boxed:

LOL! And who told them about plastic bags? :naughty:

Brought it on yourself :wink2:

I'm hungry. And I want muffins. I think I'm going to find a muffin recipe and see if we have ingredients...

I didn't tell them... they spent 35 years in Morocco. :bleh:

How odd that you're craving muffins after Suzy said she has a muffin top in her jeans. :naughty:

Yay! But didn't she do a 3-post-er just yesterday? :blink::boxed:

Yeah, hence why she still has the title at the moment. It'll be hard to beat that one for a while yet. :bleh:

G'evening, Aussies ft. guests.

How young? :fisch:

Ha ha! She actually has the EXACT same haircut as you! And she's one inch away from making 5 ft. in height. She's Kelzy's age.

*tries to find a recent pic of younger sister to sell at Aussie bakery:naughty: *

Hey Kelzy!

Did you catch Mika live at Koko in London today on Channel V.....it was brilliant, should convert a few more to Mika.

Oh, can't remember where I saw your post, but my mum loves Mika too :thumb_yello:

Oh, I missed it! But I did record the Brit Awards on Thursday and watched the opening on my big tv rather than laptop screen!

Hi, btw!

Ha ha! She actually has the EXACT same haircut as you! And she's one inch away from making 5 ft. in height. She's Kelzy's age.

*tries to find a recent pic of younger sister to sell at Aussie bakery:naughty: *

OMG- she will kill you if she finds out you are trying to sell her to a dodgy old Aussie guy! You are hilarious!

I think I have brainwashed Michael now as well- he was singing along to BG before realising it and making some lame comment. Bailey wanted to wake Mackenzie up from her nap today cause HE came on the radio!

Perfect: we have the same bad taste in haircuts and she's 10 years older (just old enough to get the "blink" factor). :roftl:

Kelzy, get your shrine-building kit out. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, I missed it! But I did record the Brit Awards on Thursday and watched the opening on my big tv rather than laptop screen!

Hi, btw!

Hi Jolene...bummer that you missed it:thumbdown:....they're showing the Glastonbury Festival on Good Friday and using Mika and Lily Allen to advertise it, so we might get some good stuff off that :thumb_yello:

Awesome! Working for the police basically = police :thumb_yello:

Fine, and my friend will be giving them to her boss, so hopefully it goes well. I dunno. Depends what they are looking for, I'm at school too late almost every day of the week though :thumbdown:

Huh...don't know about awesome!...GOOD LUCK with the job, I'm sure they'll have something for you....let us know how you go :thumb_yello:

I didn't tell them... they spent 35 years in Morocco. :bleh:

LOOOOL! Brilliant! Is it spelt Mika or Mica? I love that they've made that association. Were you born in Morocco or Australia?

How odd that you're craving muffins after Suzy said she has a muffin top in her jeans. :naughty:

LOL! LOL! I'm saying it after they gave us free muffins at school yesterday :sneaky2:

Damn ... wish I had paytv...

Bailey wanted to wake Mackenzie up from her nap today cause HE came on the radio!

Awww! Cuuuute!

Perfect: we have the same bad taste in haircuts and she's 10 years older (just old enough to get the "blink" factor).

:lmfao:

*censored*

*quotes in spite*

Awww, Spelling Bee! Cuuuute!

Good night Aussies! (It's Saturday morning for me). Gotta go start my busy day by first getting an X-Ray of my neck, grocery shopping, laundry, chauffering kids to birthday parties, dinner with Christine and closetmikafan, then hopefully getting some entertainment at the end of the night from someone's webcam. :naughty:

Back!!!!! I was just off having RL.. :fisch:

*tries to find a recent pic of younger sister to sell at Aussie bakery *

Ohh she'll sell well!! :naughty:

Perfect: we have the same bad taste in haircuts and she's 10 years older (just old enough to get the "blink" factor).

It's still out from when I was getting ready to build you one but you failed to impress enough. :thumbdown:

*quotes in spite*

Awww, Spelling Bee! Cuuuute!

If you hadn't quoted I would've missed the Pic.. But be a good Aussie now and edit it :naughty:

I just dyed my hair sucessfully for the first time!

I'll post before and after pics soon

Looking forward to photoshoot!! :thumb_yello: