MIKAustralia Petition

I dunno, I'm all for the bit in magenta

I like "Bring Mika to the Asia-Pacific region"... it's quite specific... even though I like the acronyms...

I know! Well I like the idea of making ourselves sound like (:naughty:) crazy loons. But Asia-Pacific is a good descriptor.

I could put together a DVD with Oz Mika stuff (with my vid where he said he would come back for a tour... and also includes DC taking a pic of Mika's... erm... phone charms :naughty::das:), and BS has a DVD of Mika's concert in Japan, which we can include with the book... I was even thinking, I have a bit of a scrapbook of Mika articles and stuff which could go in...

Hmm, well what ever we include has to be things he would actually bother looking at and be interested to look at. He gets a crap load of presents and I'm sure he doesn't have time to look at it all. Including an entire concert of his probably wouldn't be good. But if we made a short video of just interesting/funny bits of whatever in all our areas it would be good. And I have never noticed DC doing that, if it is particularly humorous looking we should totally play the bit of him saying it and have some kind of "omg, see you totally said that" And then play it again, possibly is slow motion, and point out the phone-photographing. :naughty: We can also make a video of our areas liek what they are planning for the yearbook. Um, go to the yearbook thread and there'll be a link in one of the first posts. Some kind of montage that we've made of our areas/us or something.

He probably has thousands of articles (and you probably value the scrapbook more than he would) BUT particularly different/humorous articles would be good. Ie: The one about the girls in the nightclub :naughty: And add some kind of comment about why he should come to Australia in relation to that (I can't think of anything atm :P)

Mina (or is it Miina?) is from Japan (I'm pretty sure)... lcmlcm I'm pretty sure is HK too... and I think we have a few Chinese fans too...

I thought it was two ii's :naughty: and I thought it was Japan :P

Okay, hmm how will we recruit, maybe we need ... a recruitment thread? Or really clear signatures :P

I haven't closed it.... yet. I actually forgot to do it last night!

I like the idea of it not so much being a petition, but a book with info about us... which just so happens to have a petition in it...

Good then!

And yes, me too :biggrin2:

I wish we still had the map of where members lived... I did find on person from Japan... MIKA MANIA...

What was this map?

We could make one :P We should make one actually. Of the Asia-pacific members.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Okay. Yeah, so when it's all planned out and we just need more people to add their bit we can start the new thread. But we still need to get all the countries interested on board asap though. But I guess just changing to name to JANZAS or JANZACS at this point would be good. Doesn't really matter which. Or Asia-Pacific.

:msnslap: Get out of my head. 1-2 pages. Good point okay. TMI, and he's stop reading. So keep the writing minimal. And not like anything he can find out from a travel book, but really random amusing stuff that would interest him.

The Kiwi's have one :bleh: Yeah we could add them at the back I spose. It is kind of doubling up though. I dunno.

Yep I agree.

*agrees* It kind of makes sence. And it shows the thing that ties us together, so we don't just sound like a random list of countries.

If we just have our little filled out bits of info, like Tanya had, it's less of a petition, and we don't need to "word" a thing for us to sign per se. Because by filling that in we are agreeing to everything in the book. But I guess there would still be a intro at the beginning of the book, and that would be the explanation of what we want, and then the thing we need to word (aka: what you are talkign about here) And I don't know ... I have to leave like a few hours ago, will think about it when I get back :naughty:

Info on states/cities/countrys - yes.

Info on people invloved - um, probably just in the personal messages/petition section.

Photoshopped pics - yes yes yes :naughty:

Pics from concerts/festivals he did - hmm, then it shows him what he DID do already :naughty: But we can show him how great it was and how he should come back and do more. Yes, I guess. Actually, the snippet where he's talking about being able to say he's playing in Sydney - that's another thing that would be good in the video thing if we make it :P

What else - .... Oh the certificates, passport, etc, stuff like that.

And you will probably have posted again by the time I post this because my computer turned itself off mid post :doh:

I agree with everything... I guess I was saying what you were with the intro sort of thing...

Well that's interesting... Here are all the countries that are listed as being in the Asia Pacific region...

I found it interesting that the US and Canada were part of it...

Oh crap, they are. That totally sucks! :naughty:

Where did you get that list? I'm assuming wikipedia. Damn, I wonder if anyone considers them as not Asia-pacific. We should ask some US/Canadians what they think. I never thought of them as beign included in that :mad3: As long as Mika either doesn't we should be safe :fisch:

I have to go now :tears: And we are on such a roll :crybaby:

I know! Well I like the idea of making ourselves sound like (:naughty:) crazy loons. But Asia-Pacific is a good descriptor.

Hmm, well what ever we include has to be things he would actually bother looking at and be interested to look at. He gets a crap load of presents and I'm sure he doesn't have time to look at it all. Including an entire concert of his probably wouldn't be good. But if we made a short video of just interesting/funny bits of whatever in all our areas it would be good. And I have never noticed DC doing that, if it is particularly humorous looking we should totally play the bit of him saying it and have some kind of "omg, see you totally said that" And then play it again, possibly is slow motion, and point out the phone-photographing. :naughty: We can also make a video of our areas liek what they are planning for the yearbook. Um, go to the yearbook thread and there'll be a link in one of the first posts. Some kind of montage that we've made of our areas/us or something.

He probably has thousands of articles (and you probably value the scrapbook more than he would) BUT particularly different/humorous articles would be good. Ie: The one about the girls in the nightclub :naughty: And add some kind of comment about why he should come to Australia in relation to that (I can't think of anything atm :P)

I thought it was two ii's :naughty: and I thought it was Japan :P

Okay, hmm how will we recruit, maybe we need ... a recruitment thread? Or really clear signatures :P

Good then!

And yes, me too :biggrin2:

What was this map?

We could make one :P We should make one actually. Of the Asia-pacific members.

Sounds good... I can put the DVD together if people send me the stuff... I'll go check out the yearbook thread to see what ideas I can steal... ahem... "borrow" off them :naughty:

I can get the articles where he said about coming to Oz and the nightclub one...

I'm checking the gig threads to see who said they were going to any Asian gigs... will check the start of the Aussie thread for the other Aussies... How about we contact the people we find that aren't active and send them an email or contact them via MySpace...

there was a map that showed where the online peops were from.. and where everyone was from... I think BS has her little map too... I'll check that out... And I like the idea of the map... we can put it in the book..

Where did you get that list? I'm assuming wikipedia. Damn, I wonder if anyone considers them as not Asia-pacific. We should ask some US/Canadians what they think. I never thought of them as beign included in that :mad3: As long as Mika either doesn't we should be safe :fisch:

I googled asia pacific countries...

I think we can ahem... ignore them for this...

And as long as he doesn't google it too we should be safe...

Okay, I have contacted MIKA MANIA and asked her if the Japanese fans might be interested in helping out...

I got a list of Japanese fans from the Japanese thread too! I also checked the Chinese thread, we have at least one MFCer from Taiwan and a few from Hong Kong...

The us and canada aren't included in the wikipedia list of asia pacific, so all good in my eyes :naughty:

Cos we all know how reliable wikipedia is :naughty:

Anyways, heres the list I found on there

The Asia-Pacific region generally includes:

Australia

Brunei

Cambodia

Fiji

Indonesia

Japan

Kiribati

North Korea

South Korea

Laos

Malaysia

Marshall Islands

Federated States of Micronesia

Nauru

New Zealand

Palau

Papua New Guinea

Philippines

Samoa

Singapore

Solomon Islands

Sri Lanka

Thailand

East Timor Timor-Leste

Tonga

Tuvalu

Vanuatu

Vietnam

* Chinese Territories -

Republic of China (Taiwan)

People's Republic of China

Hong Kong

Macau

* United States Territories -

American Samoa

Guam

Northern Mariana Islands

* Sometimes included -

India (member of the East Asia Summit)

Mongolia (landlocked country in East Asia)

Burma Myanmar (member of the ASEAN)

Russia (Russian Far East is bordering the Pacific Ocean)

(so if he googles it and finds wikipedia you wouldn't have to worry :wink2:

hello .... I'm staying pretty low profile atm .... but I thought I'd mention that I think nikjass is from Malaysia .... & seems to be quite a mover & shaker .... I think she met Mika/Jerry at the airport in Hong Kong ..... she is also a writer & travels to London sometimes ..... :wink2:

EDIT: And Blue Sky did set up a really good map .... I think it's also on her myspace .....

Actually ,Vancouver is..ahem:mf_rosetinted:

And I don't think USA/Canada need to be involved. They are more likely to get toured without any begging required. In fact, they've already been toured haven't they..

This petition should only involve those whose chances of getting a tour are slim. If we (Australians) do heaps of work on this and then a bunch of others involved whose chances were pretty good to begin with get toured - and we don't, I'll be annoyed..

I have a proposition

ahem.........I know we shouldn't involve us Canadians and Americans

**cough cough***HOWEVER!

this would be the tour of the a life time.....you see, MIKA needs to stop in America/ and or Canada on the way because I don't know of anyone to fly 24 hours in a row.....I am greedy and you can slap me! I'd go on this tour! OH me gods.TRUST ME I WANT THE AUSSIE TOUR TO HAPPEN THAT IS FOR SURE! CALL ME IN AS PROMOTER EXTRAORDINAIRE

0082.jpg

Honestly Suz, Mika will be in USA/Canada before the end of the year anyway.. You don't even need to fart in his general direction and he'll be there.. USA/Canada aren't on his way to Australia or anywhere that are needing this petition and touring.

He's more likely to stop in at Kuala Lampur than Vancouver..

Well, we're hoping he'll be here sooner than 2 years time :wink2::lol3:

But, if you want to get involved that's cool by me.

I just don't want USA/Canada as countries involved. I think they are pretty secure in the fact they will get toured..

I know you suggested an international section of cardy things.. but you could split that into two...

The "I would consider going/go to Australia/Asia Pacific to see you live if you toured there" section, and the "I think its time you toured Australia/Asia pacific, don't you Mika" section

But under whatever names you pick

hello .... I'm staying pretty low profile atm .... but I thought I'd mention that I think nikjass is from Malaysia .... & seems to be quite a mover & shaker .... I think she met Mika/Jerry at the airport in Hong Kong ..... she is also a writer & travels to London sometimes ..... :wink2:

EDIT: And Blue Sky did set up a really good map .... I think it's also on her myspace .....

I have her on my list to PM... I have a lot of people on it actually..

I'm happy to go along with whatever is planned. I'll input whenever I think I need too.

Delegate any jobs to me you want.. etc..

Sweet... will do once we get stuff sorted...

I have a proposition

ahem.........I know we shouldn't involve us Canadians and Americans

**cough cough***HOWEVER!

this would be the tour of the a life time.....you see, MIKA needs to stop in America/ and or Canada on the way because I don't know of anyone to fly 24 hours in a row.....I am greedy and you can slap me! I'd go on this tour! OH me gods.TRUST ME I WANT THE AUSSIE TOUR TO HAPPEN THAT IS FOR SURE! CALL ME IN AS PROMOTER EXTRAORDINAIRE

0082.jpg

Yeah but he can fly straight from London to Syd... only reason I know that is from when I was checking flights for when I wanted to go...

Feel free to add some suggestions if you like!:thumb_yello:

I know you suggested an international section of cardy things.. but you could split that into two...

The "I would consider going/go to Australia/Asia Pacific to see you live if you toured there" section, and the "I think its time you toured Australia/Asia pacific, don't you Mika" section

But under whatever names you pick

Hmmmm... *thinking pose*

Good idea...

OK...I'LL SHUSH UP....:)

well you see I want to go and see a concert with you guys in Australia anyway sooooooo count me in ( going to Australia in 2 years anyway!)

Do you want to be included on the front page as a helper?

Mika stole your password :sneaky2::lol3:

We got snow the other day, but not enough to build anything other than sloshy snow men that were muddy and grassy :naughty:

Did you go sledding? :bleh:

And have you found the current Aussie thread yet?

Mika stole your password :sneaky2::lol3:

We got snow the other day, but not enough to build anything other than sloshy snow men that were muddy and grassy :naughty:

Did you go sledding? :bleh:

And have you found the current Aussie thread yet?

yes mika stole my password i wasnt a happy chappy

we've had snow on and off for the past month

nah didnt go sledding i had tonsilitis

nope havnt found the current aussie thread