Mika says STOP!

victoria+Mika

It says on a news forum on the web that Mika Aka-mica penniman, told news interviewers and, just out of the blue to stop comparing him to freddie mercury and other similar singers(but mostley freddie mercury) he wants to be him his self, his own voice just MIKA!:biggrin2:

P.S:It says that he could be Freddie's child or something like a love child not sure but I heard.

MIKA is his self and he ROCKS!!!

I LOVE U MIKA!!:wub2::punk:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says on a news forum on the web that Mika Aka-mica penniman, told news interviewers and, just out of the blue to stop comparing him to freddie mercury and other similar singers(but mostley freddie mercury) he wants to be him his self, his own voice just MIKA!:biggrin2:

P.S:It says that he could be Freddie's child or something like a love child not sure but I heard.

I love MIKA's voice! ( I think he is his own self and doesn't sound like anyone )

:roll1:

I don't blame him. It bet could get really tiring to get compared to one person so often for such a long period of time. I mean, come on. Why can't they just let Mika be Mika and stop having the urge to label him "The Next Freddie Mercury"?:no:

Yeah, it's a huge honor, but I guess only to an extent...

Haha! Love child!! Mrs. Penniman would get a kick out of hearing that.:lmao:

I think that we've all heard him say that "it's an honour" to be compared to Freddie Mercury, a million times. But, I think he gets real tired of getting asked the same questions repeatedly (ie on "Live in Cartoon Motion" when he was in the van and he said something about people asking him the same thing over and over) because I know I would. He has his own voice and style but, as Mika says, people have to compare him to other artists in order to place him. The honour is there, it's just tiring after hearing it for the zillionth time.

I don't blame him for getting sick of the same questions. Unfortunately, this might be happening due to the interviewers having a lack of questions to actually ask him.

So what would we ask him if we got the chance to interview him??

I'm sure our questions would be more fun for him to answer :naughty:

At 2.15 Mika talks about the comparisson again. I don't think it's out of the blue, I just think they've cut out the interviewers question about it.

Mika says: "If they still compare me with people after my third (!!) record, that would be different."(or did he say: difficult?)

AWW! I guess I must have spoiled him on the last tour with the random questions, bless him!

I don't blame him, there can be only so many times you can go on hearing you sound like X or you sound like Y, it must get so tedious. And now, everyone knows who he is, so enough with the comparisons, he has his own sound he is who he is let him get on with it and just enjoy the music.

I'm sure at first it was flattering for him, to be compared with one of his idols. But then, he started feeling the pressure of the comparisons, because people expected him to be just like Freddie or even better. So he has every right to make people stop comparing him with Freddie. Mika is Mika, and no one else can change that.