The Archeology Thread

Black Queen!!!

Those pics are amazinggggggggggg:shocked:

Thank you!!!! You're so nice, want me to post some more? But tonight or tomorrow if you don't mind, now I have to go. Gosh, you have any idea of how happy you've made me with this thread???:biggrin2:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I love archaeology? Oh yesss! :wub2:

No wonder I attacked (in a nice way) TheBlackQueen as soon as I noticed that she was an archaeologist. :naughty:

This thread is really interesting. I'll go and educate myself now.

Yeh Nicole , go read that book .. get your head out of the booky wookey :naughty:

AFC (Asun/Archeology Fan Club)...:naughty:

It´s great having an expert here to talk with!

You know i love this stuff :wink2:

Yeh how blessed we are ! :thumb_yello:

<waits for more ancient pics> :punk:

Very cool thread, Fredster. :thumb_yello:

I LOVE history. :punk:

I've never heard of this book you mention though... would like to see what the guy says.

Truely Truely amazing :wub2:

The ark was the item (basically a large wooden box) it carried Moses commandments

The guy has spent 25 years searching it down ...

It also brings in the whole Jesus and history thing .. mind blowing:biggrin2:

Truely Truely amazing :wub2:

The ark was the item (basically a large wooden box) it carried Moses commandments

The guy has spent 25 years searching it down ...

It also brings in the whole Jesus and history thing .. mind blowing:biggrin2:

When did he find this?

He started it in 1980 , found the evidence over the last few years

Indiana Jones is based on a real person (not this guy) , but Hitler did search for the Ark to try and get world power

:shocked:

really? i didn't know that.

and just curious,

what's the name of the guy Indiana is based on?

the Archaeology Thread???

hmmmmmm

News Item from yr 3000

"very tall man it seems, thin bone structure, still parts of curly hair still attached, must have been some mucsician, oh there is a note!...seems to he that he dissapeared after being to a party on his 111 birthday and he is holding a golden ring...."

**oops ...was engrossed in the Sir Ian Thread****

the Archaeology Thread???

hmmmmmm

News Item from yr 3000

"very tall man it seems, thin bone structure, still parts of curly hair still attached, must have been some mucsician, oh there is a note!...seems to he that he dissapeared after being to a party on his 111 birthday and he is holding a golden ring...."

**oops ...was engrossed in the Sir Ian Thread****

:roftl:

The bones of Mika also known to some as Jesus Christ have been found :naughty:

:roftl:

The bones of Mika also known to some as Jesus Christ have been found :naughty:

***many sarcophagus were found to have painting and carvings of birds. I think of the domestic chicken. Plus painting of the depiction of large crowds bowing , giving offerings of what looks like lollipops and chickens and various other types of gifts. Right next to the painting of MIKA, are some other individuals. his disciples maybe? One is holding a very archaic device called a cam corder ***

***many sarcophagus were found to have painting and carvings of birds. I think of the domestic chicken. Plus painting of the depiction of large crowds bowing , giving offerings of what looks like lollipops and chickens and various other types of gifts. Right next to the painting of MIKA, are some other individuals. his disciples maybe? One is holding a very archaic device called a cam corder ***

:roftl: :roftl:

He can walk on water you know :naughty:

Sooo come on Black Queen you have me wating for ancient pictures :mf_lustslow:

Morning kids! I see you've been mummifying chickens... Hmmm... That's interesting... I once attended a course about mummifying, never thought it would be useful in here:roftl:

So Nicole, my favourite pupil EVER, I was wondering when would you enter the thread:naughty: It's true you jumped on me the minute you saw I was an archaeologist, and I loved it! But that you know already :huglove:

Due to popular demand, here you are, some pics of my latest dig, that Roman villa. Enjoy and feel free to ask anything I love discussing my job!!

IMG_1813.jpg

This is the second building, that we think was used as an oil press, pottery workshop, store, etc.

IMG_1815.jpg

This is what we think a barn, the thrid building we found.

IMG_1786.jpg

This is the oil press, the only missing pieces (that were found scattered in the rest of the site) are the grindstones.