The Archeology Thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The usual way in a site like this in the countryside is to walk searching for several remains of pottery, metal or even walls on the ground. In this ocasion it was made because a dam is being built in the place, so the Government "advises" th promotor of the construction to hire an archaeologist in order to study any possible site that would be destroyed during the works.

More piccies to come, children:roftl:

The site was used, according to the coins we found (pics to come if you want), between 146 and 250 AD. This is rather mysterious because it wasn't used in Christian times as the rest of the villae, not only in Hispania but in the whole Roman Empire.

Glad to occupy the children, hehehehe:punk:

Hehehehe, it's quite old, yeah, but not quite the oldest thing I've had in my hands. Sometimes I realize I touch objects that have been buried for thousands of years, and my hand is the first to do so in such a long time. That is thrilling.

Sadly all you've seen is destroyed already. That's the importance they give to Archaeology in my country...

Here's another pic for you:

IMG_0281.jpg

It's a small capital I found during the digging of a church in a village near Madrid. It's visigothic (probably 5th century AD), and it gave us information about an ancient church in the site that nobody knew about, so it's a quite remarkable piece.

I still haven't found anything really life changing, but I hope I will some day.

About the Shroud, you mean Turin, don't you? I don't really know, don't have access to all the research and I don't like to talk seriously about something I don't know, but it seems to be a piece of 14th century cloth, according to recent investigations. However, I personally find some gasps in the research, like for instance the seeds that are attached to the tissue, that seem to be Middle Eastern and way older than the cloth itself. And the image... Well, Jesus was certainly shorter and rather darker. I mean, the man portrayed in the cloth is a Caucasian white person, and Jesus was a jew from Palestine, that is, a Palestinian like the Palestinians nowadays. Nevertheless, it remains a mystery to me, and I love it, it's one of my favourite subjects.

I still haven't found anything really life changing, but I hope I will some day.

About the Shroud, you mean Turin, don't you? I don't really know, don't have access to all the research and I don't like to talk seriously about something I don't know, but it seems to be a piece of 14th century cloth, according to recent investigations. However, I personally find some gasps in the research, like for instance the seeds that are attached to the tissue, that seem to be Middle Eastern and way older than the cloth itself. And the image... Well, Jesus was certainly shorter and rather darker. I mean, the man portrayed in the cloth is a Caucasian white person, and Jesus was a jew from Palestine, that is, a Palestinian like the Palestinians nowadays. Nevertheless, it remains a mystery to me, and I love it, it's one of my favourite subjects.

Ohh one of your fav subjects :punk:

Modern drawings etc have put Jesus as "something" , always white . .who knows I bet he wasnt!

Id love to go one day must be amazing , walking the streets he walked etc :punk:

Do you believe in UFOs?? I read a book about human like structures on Mars .. watta think?

Ohh one of your fav subjects :punk:

Modern drawings etc have put Jesus as "something" , always white . .who knows I bet he wasnt!

Id love to go one day must be amazing , walking the streets he walked etc :punk:

Do you believe in UFOs?? I read a book about human like structures on Mars .. watta think?

I've been to Damascus, that is the closest I've got to Palestine, and I tell you it's like breathing History, you feel so much spiritualism in the air if you see what I mean. I'd certainly love to go to Jerusalem, Betlehem and the rest of Palestine, too bad the situation is always so dreadful:thumbdown:

DO I believe in UFOs? Hard subject, you're making me think today!:naughty: In fact I do believe we can't be alone in the Universe, if life was developed in the Earth, why not anywhere else? But I have a scientific mind yu know, and I need evidence, I find it very hard to believe in something I've no proof of. However, I've seen something really weird in the sky, and I want to believe it's an UFO (in fact for me it is, as I've no idea what it was, and it was a flying object:roftl: ). I was in Alicante one Summer night and I saw these tricolour lights in the sky rushing to the sea, where I think they dove into and vanished. Besides, Benidorm (which is near my parents' summer house) is known to be a place where many UFOs have been seen, and there's even a cut in a mountain that is said to be made by ETs (it's perfectly square, like an U).

Well, do you believe in them? I love the subject too!

I've been to Damascus, that is the closest I've got to Palestine, and I tell you it's like breathing History, you feel so much spiritualism in the air if you see what I mean. I'd certainly love to go to Jerusalem, Betlehem and the rest of Palestine, too bad the situation is always so dreadful:thumbdown:

DO I believe in UFOs? Hard subject, you're making me think today!:naughty: In fact I do believe we can't be alone in the Universe, if life was developed in the Earth, why not anywhere else? But I have a scientific mind yu know, and I need evidence, I find it very hard to believe in something I've no proof of. However, I've seen something really weird in the sky, and I want to believe it's an UFO (in fact for me it is, as I've no idea what it was, and it was a flying object:roftl: ). I was in Alicante one Summer night and I saw these tricolour lights in the sky rushing to the sea, where I think they dove into and vanished. Besides, Benidorm (which is near my parents' summer house) is known to be a place where many UFOs have been seen, and there's even a cut in a mountain that is said to be made by ETs (it's perfectly square, like an U).

I believe in creation yes , I dont think anything as complex as the human body just appeared from two atoms of dust ... no way :shocked:

I believe there is yes, I mean we a tiny planet just floating around .. quite amazing if we are just a freak of nature

If we even look at the human eye and ear for example I struggle with that , how it just happened ... also dust became newt , became fish , became elephant became money then human .. naaaaaa not for me

So UFOs there has got to be or at least some lifeform ....The universe going on and on and on .. wow!

I believe in creation yes , I dont think anything as complex as the human body just appeared from two atoms of dust ... no way :shocked:

I believe there is yes, I mean we a tiny planet just floating around .. quite amazing if we are just a freak of nature

If we even look at the human eye and ear for example I struggle with that , how it just happened ... also dust became newt , became fish , became elephant became money then human .. naaaaaa not for me

So UFOs there has got to be or at least some lifeform ....The universe going on and on and on .. wow!

I want to believe we're not here by mere chance, but I need evidence. It's truly amazing the way our body works and it's hard to believe it all came from two atoms getting together, that much is true. And I'm sure there is life somewhere else, like you said, we're surely not just a freak of nature and the same conditions must have been given in other planets. I know there's life on Mars, molecules and bacteries, but life after all, and I'm certain there's also come kind of developed life in some other planet as well. I think I need to believe it.

Gosh, I don't know if all that makes any sense, you see, I've just woke up from my siesta and I'm not pretty much myself at the moment:roftl:

Uhh! I'm SO going to be a archeologist/anthropologist ( I don't care if it's the wrong words)

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove archeology. Like, we went to Rome and NO WAY I went shopping. I had to see all temples, churches, roads, water-thingies and Ostia Antica. I've been into archeology since I was a tiny little girl :wub2:

I watched this documentary once. And it was about Egypt and the possibility of alien contact with the people of ancient Egypt. It was a view years ago that i watched it so I can't remember anything, except that is was very very very interesting :thumb_yello:

Besides, Benidorm (which is near my parents' summer house) is known to be a place where many UFOs have been seen, and there's even a cut in a mountain that is said to be made by ETs (it's perfectly square, like an U).

I'm going to Benidorm this summer with my cousin........ :shocked: now i'm scared....... Me not wanna go now!! :tears::emot-sad:

Oh god, your posts are so...beyond this planet! :shocked::naughty:

Asun, i didn´t ask you before but i thought you took pics when i was in the roman villa...am i right? if so, send them to me! :bleh:

I really loved the place and the people who were working there! :wink2:

(no, i´m not an ancient thing. sorry! :lmao:)

Uhh! I'm SO going to be a archeologist/anthropologist ( I don't care if it's the wrong words)

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove archeology. Like, we went to Rome and NO WAY I went shopping. I had to see all temples, churches, roads, water-thingies and Ostia Antica. I've been into archeology since I was a tiny little girl

Yeh another recruit!

I watched this documentary once. And it was about Egypt and the possibility of alien contact with the people of ancient Egypt. It was a view years ago that i watched it so I can't remember anything, except that is was very very very interesting

Ive seen similar things , there are also ancient drawings of temples and UFOs above them :shocked:

I'm going to Benidorm this summer with my cousin........ :shocked: now i'm scared....... Me not wanna go now!!

Thats one great place! Im sure youll have fun

Asun, i didn´t ask you before but i thought you took pics when i was in the roman villa...am i right? if so, send them to me! :bleh:

I really loved the place and the people who were working there! :wink2:

(no, i´m not an ancient thing. sorry! :lmao:)

You went as well ccooollllllllllllllll

One day I would like to be invited to a dig ahem ahem

Archaelogy is interesting... I much prefer to read about Knights Templar myself...

Actually, if people are interested in reading stories based on ancient Egypt/religion/the seven ancient wonders, I suggest reading Seven Ancient Wonders and Six Sacred Stones by Matthew Reilly (an Aussie author)... they're bloody awesome... I'm waiting for him to finish the next one after Six Sacred Stones cause he left it at a cliffhanger...

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove archeology. Like, we went to Rome and NO WAY I went shopping. I had to see all temples, churches, roads, water-thingies and Ostia Antica. I've been into archeology since I was a tiny little girl

I can help you if yuo want, just ask! Whenever I go anywhere I'd rather vist the sites than do anything else! You remind me of myself, I also wanted to be an archaeologist since I can remember. Hope you make it, but it's a hard job, you must be 100% sure!

I watched this documentary once. And it was about Egypt and the possibility of alien contact with the people of ancient Egypt. It was a view years ago that i watched it so I can't remember anything, except that is was very very very interesting

Well... Those things are just sci-fi for archaeologists, but I like to watch that tho.

I'm going to Benidorm this summer with my cousin........ :shocked: now i'm scared....... Me not wanna go now!!

Benidorm is a fun place to visit, you'll have sooooo much fun there!! Don't be afraid, UFOs are just one more atraction!

I really loved the place and the people who were working there! (no, i´m not an ancient thing. sorry!)

Didn't I send them to you??? Oh, I'm sooooo sorry, I really thought I did! I'll send them to you right away sis!!

[quote name=FREDDIESDOUBLE;1291262You went as well ccooollllllllllllllll

One day I would like to be invited to a dig ahem ahem

Oh! DO COME BY ALL MEANS!!!! I'll keep you updated of my future sites:naughty: Don't be jealous hun

Archaelogy is interesting... I much prefer to read about Knights Templar myself...

Actually' date=' if people are interested in reading stories based on ancient Egypt/religion/the seven ancient wonders, I suggest reading Seven Ancient Wonders and Six Sacred Stones by Matthew Reilly (an Aussie author)... they're bloody awesome... I'm waiting for him to finish the next one after Six Sacred Stones cause he left it at a cliffhanger...

Nice suggestions... If you're interested in Templars, then you surely liked the pics I posted before, didn't you? The building was the Templar headquarters and prision in Toledo after the city was taken by Christians, and it is said that the Ark and the Table of Salomon were kept in there. And I reserached it!!! (now that is thrilling!)

A few more pics in case you're still interested (do please tell me if you're not interested anymore, I could go on posting pics forever, I love discussing my job)...

Yeso19.jpg

This is a plaster 13th century door I found in a house in the town of Sigüenza (north of Madrid). Thanks to this we discovered the house was built for a Jewish family of jewellers (we found the workshop in the attic of the house).

Yeso8.jpg

These plaster shields are the proof that the house was occupied by noblemen after the expulsion of the Jews in the 15th Century. They show the nobiliar arms of the Royal Family of Castille at that time, the Trastamaras.

Yeso4.jpg

And this shows another plaster decorated door with othic epigraphy on it. We think it belongs to the Christian ocupation of the house in the 14th century.

I have big interest in archaeology!:thumb_yello:

In history too.

In my country we have lot of old findings? (Right word?)

And I’m sure you have heard about the boat, Wasa, from 1631.

They just found her on the bottom of the see in the middle of Stockholm, picked her up and put her in a museum. Didn’t have to dig at all.:wink2:

If you ever come to my town be sure to take a look at that bout it is magnificent!:thumb_yello:

I WANT!!!!

Morning kids! I see you've been mummifying chickens... Hmmm... That's interesting... I once attended a course about mummifying, never thought it would be useful in here

So Nicole, my favourite pupil EVER, I was wondering when would you enter the thread:naughty: It's true you jumped on me the minute you saw I was an archaeologist, and I loved it! But that you know already :huglove:

Due to popular demand, here you are, some pics of my latest dig, that Roman villa. Enjoy and feel free to ask anything I love discussing my job!!

IMG_1813.jpg

This is the second building, that we think was used as an oil press, pottery workshop, store, etc.

IMG_1815.jpg

This is what we think a barn, the thrid building we found.

IMG_1786.jpg

This is the oil press, the only missing pieces (that were found scattered in the rest of the site) are the grindstones.

It means a lot to be a pupil of such a good teacher. :wink2:

You can only guess how much I love all your posts and pictures here! They are so interesting! How come I didn't ask for any pictures before! :doh:

It means a lot to be a pupil of such a good teacher. :wink2:

You can only guess how much I love all your posts and pictures here! They are so interesting! How come I didn't ask for any pictures before! :doh:

:huglove: Nicole hun, you flatter me... You're sooooooo lovely!!! Thank you sooooo much. And also thank you for liking my pics and posts, I was beginning to think Archaeology was out of its thread, with all those UFOs flying around:roftl: :roftl: