The Archeology Thread

I loveee Archeology :wub2:

It first started when I went to a Greek island called Santorini and they were excavating and found an ancient city .. amazing :shocked:

We had a tour around it and found pots and pans and all things that the people had left , like 2000 years ago !

Now Im reading an amazing book called The Lost Ark Of The Covenant ...

Moses (ancient history time) put the 10 stone commandments into an ark .. Im 170 pages in and at the end he says he found it !:shocked:

What is hidden in places or caves that we dont know about ... what is left to be discovered still ..

Dont worry Ill talk to myself if nobody is interested :naughty:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moses (ancient history time) put the 10 stone commandments into an ark .. Im 170 pages in and at the end he says he found it !:shocked:

Who found it? The author?

I studied biological anthropology at university so I'm interested in even older stuff. I've been to sites in South Africa where there are fossils and other evidence of human ancestors from 3 million+ years ago.

I would love to get to Kenya for the same reason.

It first started when I went to a Greek island called Santorini and they were excavating and found an ancient city .. amazing :shocked:

We had a tour around it and found pots and pans and all things that the people had left , like 2000 years ago !

What is hidden in places or caves that we dont know about ... what is left to be discovered still ..

i'm into exploring places and discovering things(but not the actual digging and excavating so much) so i think it kinda interesting. :thumb_yello:

Who found it? The author?

I studied biological anthropology at university so I'm interested in even older stuff. I've been to sites in South Africa where there are fossils and other evidence of human ancestors from 3 million+ years ago.

I would love to get to Kenya for the same reason.

Awesome!

Yeh he started his search in 1984 .. book is by Professor Tudor Parfitt btw .. well worth reading:thumb_yello:

He found it . .it was headline news over here and all over the papers , the real one would of been like 7,000 years old now .. the base of it was reused and found :thumb_yello:

I love fossils too , anything history and especially religion related blows me away

Like the dead see scrolls , a local village boy was walking and he found all these ancients texts in a cave:shocked:

There is so much out there just waiting to be found ......

Under the mount of olives they say a lot is hidden but they wont allow excavations

i'm into exploring places and discovering things(but not the actual digging and excavating so much) so i think it kinda interesting. :thumb_yello:

It is ... I would love to go back 2000 years , and the whole Jesus thing , my family is roman Catholic so Ive studied quite a lot:thumb_yello:

Id do a site dig that would be great , un earthing ancient things

I have big interest in archaeology!:thumb_yello:

In history too.

In my country we have lot of old findings? (Right word?)

And I’m sure you have heard about the boat, Wasa, from 1631.

They just found her on the bottom of the see in the middle of Stockholm, picked her up and put her in a museum. Didn’t have to dig at all.:wink2:

If you ever come to my town be sure to take a look at that bout it is magnificent!:thumb_yello:

I have big interest in archaeology!:thumb_yello:

In history too.

In my country we have lot of old findings? (Right word?)

And I’m sure you have heard about the boat, Wasa, from 1631.

They just found her on the bottom of the see in the middle of Stockholm, picked her up and put her in a museum. Didn’t have to dig at all.:wink2:

If you ever come to my town be sure to take a look at that bout it is magnificent!:thumb_yello:

Yes Ive read about that , must be a stunning find :thumb_yello:

Even better .. imagine whats at the bottom of oceans!!:shocked:

I'm soo into discovering again "treasures" from the past..but not preistoric, more like from 500 til 1900!

It's so exciting to dig out forgotten things, like ancient manuscripts or small precious objects

After a summer in which we've explored a crypt with human rests of the '700 pestilence I found myself interested in forensic anthropology too

recupero-camapstrino.jpg

I loveee Archeology

Moses (ancient history time) put the 10 stone commandments into an ark .. Im 170 pages in and at the end he says he found it !

Cool

I always watch these programs on national geographic and discovery :wub2:

I would love to go to a dig site and just sit there for hours with a brush and brush the sand away :blush-anim-cl: Finding new things from hour own history :thumb_yello: I also love Palaeontology finding extinct animals and discovering new pieces in the evolution puzzel just fascinates me :thumb_yello: Thats why I called my guinea pig Dino :roftl:

Cool

I would love to go to a dig site and just sit there for hours with a brush and brush the sand away :blush-anim-cl: Finding new things from hour own history :thumb_yello: I also love Palaeontology finding extinct animals and discovering new pieces in the evolution puzzel just fascinates me :thumb_yello:Thats why I called my guinea pig Dino :roftl:

Aww, Dino. That's really cute and clever. :wink2:

I watch those kinds of programmes too. :thumb_yello:

Cool

I would love to go to a dig site and just sit there for hours with a brush and brush the sand away :blush-anim-cl: Finding new things from hour own history :thumb_yello: I also love Palaeontology finding extinct animals and discovering new pieces in the evolution puzzel just fascinates me :thumb_yello: Thats why I called my guinea pig Dino :roftl:

Yeh .. I dont have sky tv for a reason .. I wouldnt go out

Yeh Palaeontology is superb too , what animals used to roam the earth :shocked:

Dino ... perfect name!

The bible is an awesome subject , there is so much negativity in the world now , he was just a normal man etc etc , I really think something will be found that will blow everything away :punk:

I used to want to be an archeologist:wub2:

I was/am fascinated by mummies...especially Egyptology

I know the process of mummification like the back of my hand:naughty:

I don't know why I took to it so easily... lol I must have been a morbit child.

I still love it, but I just don't have science skills...historically though, I'm still in love:blush-anim-cl:

Yeh .. I dont have sky tv for a reason .. I wouldnt go out

Yeh Palaeontology is superb too , what animals used to roam the earth :shocked:

Dino ... perfect name!

The bible is an awesome subject , there is so much negativity in the world now , he was just a normal man etc etc , I really think something will be found that will blow everything away :punk:

I have this book with all kind of prehistoric animals some look really weird :roftl:

But they are fascinating.

Like a sloth that was 6 meters long :shocked:

I watched this program about the 7 plagues in egypt. They where trying to explain all the plagues but I forgot it :blush-anim-cl: It was like a year ago.

Interesting thread!

My house is built on a roman burial ground :bleh: Its all roman around here - theres evidence of a Villa at the back of the quarry, so theyre not allowed to dig any further.

And when they put the new road in the other year, they found skeletons, lots of them which makes them think it was a burial ground.....

Not to mention, i have lots of spooky going ons in my house..... :boxed:

I used to want to be an archeologist:wub2:

I was/am fascinated by mummies...especially Egyptology

I know the process of mummification like the back of my hand:naughty:

I don't know why I took to it so easily... lol I must have been a morbit child.

I still love it, but I just don't have science skills...historically though, I'm still in love:blush-anim-cl:

Egypt is one amazing place , under the pyramids there are tunnels leading off that are blocked and cannot be accessed , god knows what they hold inside

I have this book with all kind of prehistoric animals some look really weird :roftl:

But they are fascinating.

Like a sloth that was 6 meters long :shocked:

I watched this program about the 7 plagues in egypt. They where trying to explain all the plagues but I forgot it :blush-anim-cl: It was like a year ago.

Yeh the 7 plagues ... awesome reading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt

No, Indiana Jones found the ark, everybody knows that! :roftl: :roftl:

Just checking to make sure Freddie knew. :wink2:

It is ... I would love to go back 2000 years , and the whole Jesus thing , my family is roman Catholic so Ive studied quite a lot:thumb_yello:

I find it fascinating too, I think because I didn't have a religious upbringing so it's all rather mysterious to me.

I'm going to check out your book. I don't put a lot of stock in conclusions drawn in popular literature on the subject, but it's always fun to read.

I'm right there with you FD .... fascinating ........ :thumb_yello:

:blink: Who are you, and what have you done with the real Freddie? :shocked:

:wink2:

I'm into archaeology by association -- my hubby is a HUGE

history buff, which includes ancient history, so I've picked up

some interest via him. We've been to Egypt

twice, and walked around inside a pyramid and visited a lot of museums

learning about mummies, pharaohs and ancient Egypt. Visited Pompeii

and Herculaneum to see what they've dug up there... Been to a lot

of museum lectures about archaeological digs... it IS fascinating, to

see what's been found already and to try to imagine what *hasn't*

been uncovered. And then attempting to understand the meaning of

what's been discovered -- how the past shaped us into what we

are today. Oooh, such heavy thoughts for having just started the

morning... need more coffee... :naughty:

dcdeb

:blink: Who are you, and what have you done with the real Freddie? :shocked:

:wink2:

I'm into archaeology by association -- my hubby is a HUGE

history buff, which includes ancient history, so I've picked up

some interest via him. We've been to Egypt

twice, and walked around inside a pyramid and visited a lot of museums

learning about mummies, pharaohs and ancient Egypt. Visited Pompeii

and Herculaneum to see what they've dug up there... Been to a lot

of museum lectures about archaeological digs... it IS fascinating, to

see what's been found already and to try to imagine what *hasn't*

been uncovered. And then attempting to understand the meaning of

what's been discovered -- how the past shaped us into what we

are today. Oooh, such heavy thoughts for having just started the

morning... need more coffee... :naughty:

dcdeb

Ohhh Im just trying to be cultured and give a cultured air .. well you know :fisch:

Soon I shall post my stamp collection and train spotting observations

Id love to go to egypt:thumb_yello: