Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Im sp glad you fooled so many people with your article! :naughty::cheerful_h4h:

So, can't we say what we want? Again? And what about that official thing?

Babs; Opera was totally cool. They sang italian! Yay! :roftl:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was told i was really good at breaking people's dreams for saying that mika would certainly not be in front of his computer during the supposed officialness annoucement... looks like you can't say anything, anything "real" i mean... as always... but i didn't know some would REALLY think he would follow that :boxed:

What? Mika is not in front of his computer anxious to see our reactions to this official statement that might not happen soon anyway??? :tears: :tears:

What a cruel person you are! Destroying all my hopes that Mika will finally fall in love with me. His computer connecting to my computer... Almost like love at first sight. I don't think I'll ever be happy again :sneaky2:

:newyear:

It wasn't too long ago that you could do no wrong around here. But this crowd has really turned on you since you started dissing Mika and his non-existent audience banter.

Well I got the same response when I was saying that it annoyed me that people were talking about Other Fans as "the bad fans" and not acknowledging that Mika probably wants some distance from ALL of us no matter how "not like them" we are... and I was defending Mika's interests there! So it can't just be Mika-love at stake.

--Jack

Several times now when I've expressed how someone's posts make me upset or that I do not like what some people are saying, I've been accused of trying to make people shut up or only tolerating "some" opinions. :blink: This really confuses me, because, well, ok, yes I would be happier if people stopped saying those things, but only if they agreed of their own free will that they are not good things to say. I never tried to force anyone to not say what they want.

I know that several times I've made statements like "I don't like this, but I'm out of this thread," but my point there was... well, yes, I do not like what's being said but because people have the right to say what they want, it's up to me to not read it.

Apparently though, this is not how it comes across? What would be a better way of expressing my discomfort with what's said without making people feel like I want to force them to shut up? I just don't want to condone stuff I take issue with through cowed silence, you know?

--Jack

Well, I know I said either in a thread or to someone that you tolerated me, but I don't think it was in the context you are talking about and anyway, I hope we can have a good argument or heated debate without either falling out or misunderstanding each other.

We are getting into the debate of how we come across again and I can't be bothered with it, some people come across as sugary sweet all of the time and they don't get blasted for it, although it gets on my nerves.

You know, people who don't like what you have to say can either not read what you say, or put you on ignore.

Some people are so sensitive, remember the so called after party fiasco. It wasn't until titania posted her views that I felt like we were allowed to tell it how it was, before that I felt were were almost told to shut up if we had issues with it.

Whether I agree or disagree with your points of view, I think we need people like Jack, Yop, Christine, Scut etc who can argue their point logically and don't always subscribe to the popular view.

God! The forum would be so boring otherwise!

What? Mika is not in front of his computer anxious to see our reactions to this official statement that might not happen soon anyway??? :tears: :tears:

What a cruel person you are! Destroying all my hopes that Mika will finally fall in love with me. His computer connecting to my computer... Almost like love at first sight. I don't think I'll ever be happy again :sneaky2:

Disgusting! :naughty: I don't want to hear about your debauched dreams, thank you so much!

Well, I know I said either in a thread or to someone that you tolerated me, but I don't think it was in the context you are talking about and anyway, I hope we can have a good argument or heated debate without either falling out or misunderstanding each other.

I think so too. You and Scut are two people I know I have disagreed with on some issues, though I don't even remember what those issues were now--but I think the two of you never though I was telling you to shut up. And when you said you did not agree with what I was saying, I never felt like I had to shut up either.

(ooh, though I remember I kinda argued with Christine about fan whinging, and when it was ok, and also about how much we should care about Mika's pov when posting stuff.)

The fact that I can't even remember the stuff we argued about is part of the point--it's not like what I think of someone in general, and if I like the as a friend, has to do with whether I agree with them on everything or not. I mean, I just sent Yop a facebook message saying that I don't like some of things Katy Perry's said. :bleh: Yop will of course disagree with me on that, but that hardly means I now don't like Yop or want her to stop listening to Katy Perry. :naughty:

--Jack

Sorry :blush-anim-cl: . You know, I don't have anyone else to talk to :mf_rosetinted: .

Ok, its almost half past 6. Am I allowed to make some official comments now?

Oh comment away! It's well into official time!

Actually it was official time about three weeks ago wasn't it? :newyear:

Whether I agree or disagree with your points of view, I think we need people like Jack, Yop, Christine, Scut etc who can argue their point logically and don't always subscribe to the popular view.

i live not to be popular :naughty:

Sorry :blush-anim-cl: . You know, I don't have anyone else to talk to :mf_rosetinted: .

Ok, its almost half past 6. Am I allowed to make some official comments now?

be my guest :newyear:

I mean, I just sent Yop a facebook message saying that I don't like some of things Katy Perry's said. :bleh: Yop will of course disagree with me on that, but that hardly means I now don't like Yop or want her to stop listening to Katy Perry. :naughty:

--Jack

and the surprise is ... i slightly agree ! :naughty: :naughty: :mf_rosetinted: but still have my point of view about the "whats" and the "whys" that jack will not try to change... and that's how grown up people are supposed to act :thumb_yello:

We are getting into the debate of how we come across again and I can't be bothered with it, some people come across as sugary sweet all of the time and they don't get blasted for it, although it gets on my nerves.

You know, people who don't like what you have to say can either not read what you say, or put you on ignore.

Some people are so sensitive, remember the so called after party fiasco. It wasn't until titania posted her views that I felt like we were allowed to tell it how it was, before that I felt were were almost told to shut up if we had issues with it.

Couldn’t agree more!

and the surprise is ... i slightly agree ! :naughty: :naughty: :mf_rosetinted: but still have my point of view about the "whats" and the "whys" that jack will not try to change... and that's how grown up people are supposed to act :thumb_yello:

Arrrghhh, the one time I want you to be disagreeable, you agree! God! You are so annoying! :roftl:

Can't you go "OMG I'm so upset by what you said about Katy, it is so not true!" so I can use you as an example here? :bleh:

--Jack

Oh comment away! It's well into official time!

Actually it was official time about three weeks ago wasn't it? :newyear:

It was. But 3 weeks ago I didn't feel like commenting. And I especially didn't feel like commenting 7-8 weeks ago. I was too occupied preparing for the Mika gigathon. But now that I have a holiday and all...

be my guest :newyear:

I still wonder how much we have to pay for all this waiting in the end...

Arrrghhh, the one time I want you to be disagreeable, you agree! God! You are so annoying! :roftl:

Can't you go "OMG I'm so upset by what you said about Katy, it is so not true!" so I can use you as an example here? :bleh:

--Jack

:naughty: unpredictable is my second name :mf_rosetinted:

but i usually agree with things i think are right :blink: your points were valid, i just added a nuance to them... just according to the "homophobic b*tch" comments i delete on myspace everyday (they calmed down a bit, by the way) for Ur So Gay video, i just KNOW it can be taken the "wrong" way ("wrong" in my opinion :wink2: ) or in that particular way... but i certainly WON'T start that kind of debate on youtube !! :roftl:

Did I ever say why my old aprils fool thread wasn't reopened?

Go ahead and tell us. I'm still bored and anxious to know...

because it was too good ?

It was brilliant. And people were getting scared months after :roftl: . Their worst nightmare coming true: Mika has a girlfriend :roftl: :roftl:

I do mean the Jordan thread, but it has happened before, so obviously I'm consistently giving people the wrong idea. I know that Kelzy posts here too, so I just thought I'd post it here so as not to clutter that thread further (and because I was supposedly going to stop reading it :naughty: ).

--Jack

I hope that you're not referring to me quoting you this morning here?:naughty:

When I wrote it I was in a rush, had just seen your post, and had no time to find and click the rest (which I had read in the email) but as I said, my response was to everyone who was posting the same opinion...which were mostly people from outside the UK, who don't know who Jordan is or what she does.

You'll find that (IMO) in that thread it's more "attacking Jordan" statements than "defending Mika" attitudes what's going on...because the woman is a shameless biatch who goes around dissing everyone.

I mean, how can you go out with someone and when things go wrong, say that he's not that well endowed and that he only has "an acorn":roftl:.

Seriously!

About your point here, I totally agree.

We should certainly all be able to express our opinions, have debates, etc, and that all this should be done without us falling out with eachother or without it meaning that we dislike eachother.

Having differing opinions is one of the spices of life.:naughty:

i was told i was really good at breaking people's dreams for saying that mika would certainly not be in front of his computer during the supposed officialness annoucement... looks like you can't say anything, anything "real" i mean... as always... but i didn't know some would REALLY think he would follow that :boxed:

Yes, I found that quite funny as well.:roftl:

Well I got the same response when I was saying that it annoyed me that people were talking about Other Fans as "the bad fans" and not acknowledging that Mika probably wants some distance from ALL of us no matter how "not like them" we are... and I was defending Mika's interests there! So it can't just be Mika-love at stake.

Well Mika's primary interest is in surrounding himself with great fans like us, don't you know? You're more likely to get away with saying his performance sucks ass than that he needs to avoid MFCers.

In any case, they've already turned on you. You can only reverse the tide by some serious positivity spreading and unconditional Mika worship.