Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

The first kiss thread made me decide I really want to hear more of various applings' teenage-self stories.

Also, I don't get the "Wow." responses. Was I too graphic? I actually tried to clean the story up a bit for MFC...

But anyway, I don't mean kissy stories, I just want you guys to tell me about your various teenage exploits.

--Jack

Sorry Jack, my "exploits" won't really be what you're after :roftl:

I'm 16...I've never been drunk, never done any form of drug, never stolen anything, never been kissed, never done anything more than hug a boy...I'd never even been to a proper party until January. I lied to my mum once--I told her I was going to a girl's house instead of a boy's (a friend), but she figured it out and I felt so bad about it that I totally broke down. :roftl:

The most scandalous thing I've done in a long while is skipping class, and even then I only do it about twice a month and half the time it's to catch up on late assignments or to study for a test. I get straight A's, and spend most of my time listening to/playing music, drawing, or on here.

It doesn't usually bother me, it's not like I'm sheltered. I've just never really hung with a crowd that does that sort of stuff. Where I live, everyone's nice, and that's basically why I've never done...anything. I don't feel a need to; I'm accepted for who I am, and so is everyone else...it's weird. Plus there's nothing to do here anyways, it's so rural. I have a couple of friends who smoke pot, and a couple who skip a lot of classes, but I don't let them influence me...

Sometimes, though, I'd give a lot for a little bit of adventure. Living in a bubble is all very well but it gets boring...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was dating this guy who was the total slacker type - he'd tell me things like "if you don't skip fourth period with me, it means you don't love me." We were 'engaged' for, oh, about two months when I was 17. :bleh:

Oh, I had a friend who was briefly engaged to this guy and they were going to elope. She ran away to his parents' house and they were going to get married with their permission or something, but then that fell through and they broke up like, a week later.

I also had friends who were in trouble with the law due to various issues... but they weren't the kind who'd come to school on Monday bragging, "oh man, I was at this party and I did coke and I got busted by cops on my way back!" (this was an actual kid in my one non-honors class).

Mostly I alternated between hanging out with the bookish, quiet goody-goodies, and the sullen theatre-lit outcast black-clad types.

Partly why I don't like people putting down sluts. The bookish nerds and weirdos of course were not sexually active (and often religious) while as some of the kids in the second groups... well, I've never known any group to sleep around as much as theatre people. :naughty: But anyway, both were my friends, so.

--Jack

See I had the pleasure of staying at University for 7 years, doing two degrees, so I was there whooping it up till I was 24. Making up for lost time on all the goody-goody stuff of my teenage years...maybe.....

But actually, I like the order I did it. Then I travelled the world, and then got the 8-6 job, and then three years later moved to Japan for 6 months.

Longest 6 months ever.:naughty:

I juggled 2 degrees too. Took me a little longer too (6 years instead of 5) because I had to get married, have a baby, work at the bank, and run a business in the year I was doing my teaching practicum. Wish I could say I liked the order I did it in....I crammed a lot of major life events in that one year.

This is a fascinating subject. I too love hearing people's stories, I think that's why I keep starting threads asking people to tell their stories about different things.

I was a boring teenager. Not a rebel or a troublemaker. There are various different thoughts running around my head atm and I can't work out where to start.

I was brought up Salvo. We don't drink or smoke or do drugs etc etc. I tried smoking at 13 and hated it, accidentally tried alcohol at 12 and hated it and could never be bothered trying drugs. School was important I guess, although I had things come easily to me during primary school and the lower high school grades and never really learnt to study. I was lazy and thought I was clever and then upper school arrived and it was difficult. So my grades weren't that great. Church was very important. Family was very important. I had friends at high school, but they weren't close friends or even that important to me. My church friends were the ones I was close to, the one's who were important and we mostly all shared the same values about drinking and boys etc. ie we kind of wished we could get up the courage to try things sometimes, but we would mostly just talk about things, and were actually generally reasonably happy with how we were. I wasn't interested in dating people from school either. I mean, I wasn't pretty, so it's not like I had my pick or anything, but they just weren't really options to me. It was the boys from church I was interested in, and being Salvo they were mostly "nice" boys. I dated one guy in high school, never could actually bring myself to kiss him though, cos something inside me just curdled when I thought about it. I didn't have some weird religious objection to kissing, I just didn't want to kiss him. Besides, I'd had my share of kisses when I was much younger. And not through being "wild", just with family friends who had boys around my age and we just experimented on each other.

haha, I've kind of lost the plot of what I was talking about, so I'll post this and come back to it.

Sorry Jack, my "exploits" won't really be what you're after :roftl:

I'm 16...I've never been drunk, never done any form of drug, never stolen anything, never been kissed, never done anything more than hug a boy...I'd never even been to a proper party until January.

Well I meant more the applings whose teen exploits are far behind them. :thumb_yello: But don't worry, you're basically doing exactly what I did at your age, and you'll get your chance to act out later... heh, or you don't have to. I've never regretted being quiet and studious in high school, personally. I do actually think that's too young to do some things... it's better to be a bit wild in college when you're also a bit more mature.

Kinda like if you're 16 and get drunk at parties you're bad news, but if you're 22 it's no big deal.

--Jack

Plus there's nothing to do here anyways, it's so rural. I have a couple of friends who smoke pot, and a couple who skip a lot of classes, but I don't let them influence me...

Sometimes, though, I'd give a lot for a little bit of adventure. Living in a bubble is all very well but it gets boring...

I have friends who've moved away from the city so their kids would have less distraction. I often wonder if there's just too much for kids to do these days that they lose their focus. I know for myself anyway, that I have much more creativity and imagination when I'm left to "do nothing" for a long time.

Does this mean the Christian faith otherwise known as "Salvtion Army"?

Yep. Maybe it's an Aussie thing, to do with our Red Shield Appeal slogan "Thank God for the Salvo's", but I just presume everyone will know what I mean, and obviously they don't.

Ok, got some of my mojo back.

University for me was when I started "experiencing life" as I would term it. I had a car, my own money, was legal, and was interested to try some things for myself. I found that not all alcohol tasted foul (although I have a sweet palette and hate most things), but i've never been drunk. Couldn't see the point quite frankly. Cigarettes were still disgusting. Guys were more interesting although I really wanted one that had the same kind of life views as me, which tended to be ones from church, although by now they'd either already paired up with someone or you'd grown up with them so much they felt like brothers. And I was not into trying to pick someone up in a club. I couldn't compete with the pretty girls, particularly not the ones who were drunk and therefore easy. So I didn't put myself in those situations much.

I just tended to hang out with my friends in coffee shops or go out to the movies or to dinner. I was bookish, and so were a lot of my friends, but strangely enough we didn't really discuss books, or music or art or politics or any of those kinds of things. I know there were quite a few of us all studying nursing (about 6 in all) and so the conversations tended to be about Uni and assignments and prac and we grossed a lot of people out with our gruesome conversations.

But there was another side to me, one that I had to keep squashed down, and that I've been struggling to keep squashed down ever since. I could never talk with my church friends about some of the things that go on in my brain and so I like the relative anonymity of the internet, where I can let little bits of that side of me out and not fear that I'm going to be judged. Well, not by people who can see my face anyway.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, move away from home (to another state of Australia, about two weeks after my sister took off for England, it nearly killed my mother), etc etc etc. I got pregnant. Without being married. That really messed my head up, and particularly my view of myself as a "good girl". I'd always been a good girl, was happy to be one, prided myself on being one. It's 12 years later and I'm still coming to grips with my self-image.

Anyway, skip forward a few years, move away from home (to another state of Australia, about two weeks after my sister took off for England, it nearly killed my mother), etc etc etc. I got pregnant. Without being married.

How did you meet the guy in question?

I, too, love hearing other people's stories. Especially shared online like this, with people from around the world. :thumb_yello:

I have friends who've moved away from the city so their kids would have less distraction. I often wonder if there's just too much for kids to do these days that they lose their focus. I know for myself anyway, that I have much more creativity and imagination when I'm left to "do nothing" for a long time.

Do you mean all the electronic distractions there are around these days? I find I spend so much of my time on here (here being the pc, even if I'm not on MFC), that there's little enough time left for housework, let along my creative hobbies. And that's pretty dreadful when you consider that I'm a stay-at-home mum, who really should have all the time in the world.

How did you meet the guy in question?

I, too, love hearing other people's stories. Especially shared online like this, with people from around the world. :thumb_yello:

Funnily enough I met him in church. Let's call him "S". I was dating someone else, who was living in a different state. This guy "S" was really nice, friendly, we just clicked. But we were just friends. My flatmate used to tease me about him and I'd reply "There's nothing in it. We're just friends!" A while later my boyfriend came up to visit and a bunch of things happened and we broke up. I then started dating "S" who I'd insisted was just my friend. Fast forward 6 or 7 months and I went to visit interstate friends. And I couldn't wait to get home, cos I desperately missed "S". When I got back, we fell into bed. We weren't planning on it happening and had no contraception. And the inevitable happened. I don't know why I thought I was immune, but I just never thought it would happen to me.

Hey guys! Long time no talk! Finally get time to check up with all that's going on here cause my dad's in the hospital and I have nothing else to do but sit here :(

I'm sorry to hear that, kjoshi. I hope that he'll be OK. :sad:

As for the discussion of teen exploits, I don't think I qualify since I'm only just out of my teens, but if you want me to recount I will (but I'm narcissistic and if I start I won't stop :ap_rosetinted:).

When I was a teenager, 30+ years ago, we never really heard

about gay/bisexual folk, unless it was hushed adult conversations.

Now, my elder daughter has two gay classmates, and one of her

best friends is bisexual. The atmosphere is so open and honest

between class-mates - but not all the parents are over the moon

about it.

Hmmm, I think it really depends on the school. I went to a religious private school and there were zero openly non-heterosexual people. That's why it took me so long to accept my own feelings - it was an environment where there was no acknowledgment of anything remotely 'different'.

Nothing too terrible to report about my own teenage years. But having a father who wrote a book on sex was interesting:naughty: It got stolen from the library.
Your dad wrote a book about sex?! Ha ha! God forbid my parents ever speaking of the "s" word in the house. Which is probably why I turned out the way I did...opposite of Jack's upbringing:naughty:

I'm in the same boat as Suzy. God forbid anyone saying the "s" word in our house - it wasn't a dirty word, it was more than that: it didn't exist. Hence why I was all the more curious when I was older.

That's the problem with European intellectuals--you try to rebel, and they're like, "honey, that's just so blase!"

:roftl:

Well one of them fancied himself to be Bono. :roftl:

:wub2::mf_lustslow:

I hope he will be too.

(but I'm narcissistic and if I start I won't stop :ap_rosetinted:).

Ditto :naughty:

:wub2::mf_lustslow:

I hope he will be too.

Ditto :naughty:

I'm narcissistic! I've already written like four paragraphs and that's with a boring life and nothing to tell! The trouble is that I want to share all the minute little details... I'm trying really hard to restrain myself lol!

I was just browsing and this discussion somewhat reminded me of something I've been discussing lately with my mom... the surroundings you grow up in and how it shapes you as a person. I find it really interesting to think about. :)

I lived in a big city environment until I was 11, and then I lived in a New England college town for 2 years before moving to suburbia (where I am now). It's not that far away from a city... about 40 minutes. It is known by its residents as a "bubble." Witnessing what the experience is like here for kids growing up (my siblings and their friends for example) has made me feel very lucky to have been immersed in a more diverse environment during my youngest, most formative years. Of course there are kids who are anomalies, growing up in a rural community and then being driven to rebel and do something completely different... move off to the big city or travel the world or something like that. But for me, having already experienced a different pace of life, I feel like I'm a much more independent and adventurous young adult as a result of where I've spent most of my time than if I hadn't experienced it and had just lived here since I was born. And I'm immeasurably thankful for that. I'm going off to college next fall to a place which causes most people where I live to react with, "Whoa.... but that's so far! Even at my age I'd be afraid to go there." I don't feel scared or nervous at all really....however, maybe that's just my young naivete. :roftl: But I don't know if I'd be so driven to try something new if I hadn't lived in a more ambitious atmosphere/household.

But anyway, what I wanted to say is that if I ever have children, I'd want them to experience living in an environment that's less sheltered. A place where they can witness all walks of life and it won't really be a shock to them later on. I was surprised last year in my Human Geography class when we were assigned a project in which we had to go see what certain ethnic communities were like.... a lot of the kids in my class had always lived in this suburb and I suppose hadn't ventured very far out of it because that project was the first time they'd seen real poverty and/or neighborhoods mainly populated by speakers of another language. However, living in a city as a child I was used to seeing that and I was well aware that it existed.

I guess it really depends on the person, and having less external distraction surrounding a child might move them to develop their sense of creativity and focus easier. But I think it's equally important that they have some external stimulation (such as being around all different types of people and experiences), which also would contribute to the growth of their imaginations and personalities. At least in my case, I feel like it was invaluable to my personal development to live in the different types of places that I did... helped to create a more rounded point of view from witnessing all different perspectives.

Lol...all your guys stories were great

Man I was so boring in high school! Although it was quite like an ugly duckling story cause my whole life up until high school I was made fun of for being "ugly" but thankfully that all changed when I got to high school. I was always the girl who was friends with the guys, and still am although I did get my first boyfriend and first kiss my senior year of high school. I was always the "prude" one in school. I never looked down on others but I was just awkward about it all, still am in fact. Anyways, my first kiss... It was cute cause he new he'd be my first kiss so he asked me over to his house on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts and he had a mistletoe that he so conveniently had placed above the entrance to his living room! it was cute. I was one of the "straight edge" people in my high school, i didn't drink or smoke or anything, (needless to say that's changed since I've got to college as you've prob seen my drunk post on here) so i was always the dd at all the parties and stuff. Then me and my boyfriend broke up after our first year of college and that was the best thing ever because now i'm single and loving life! Being independent and free! But I'm hardly the girl who goes to clubs gets drunk, I'm still the girl who is friends with the guys instead of the girl the guys flirt with and that is completely find by me, it's more fun that, you don't have to deal with drama! So yup that's my life story lol

OK...

I was in grade 3, (about 8 years old) and the most popular guy in the school, Liam :wub2: would flirt with me nearly everyday. He was the fastest runner in the school (We had running competitions - I loved watching him run). I wasn't in the popular girls group, but was still good friends with them (something that's always occurred by choice - and Chickadee, there's your answer about Frenchie :wink2: ). So because of that I found it hard to believe he liked me and not one of them.

But anyway, one day during class he whispered in my ear "Meet me at the tennis court when the bell goes". I nodded, because I was speechless. The bell went and for 10 seconds I couldn't move. He tapped me on the shoulder and said "Come on" So I followed him. And he started running across the basketball courts to the tennis court and I had to run to keep up which SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! I managed!! He pushed open the gate and we were both in there ALONE :shocked:

And then he looked at me and I just grinned. And then he grabbed me and kissed me for what felt like 10 minutes. (5 seconds :naughty:) He pulled away and we heard the sound of 20 other feet running towards the tennis court. :lmfao: My whole class were perverts. They all pushed their way in and went "Oh damn too late" :roftl:

We were unofficially an item until I moved schools at the end of the next year.

(btw, I L'dMFAO the whole way through writing this!! )

EDIT>> And this was at a catholic school :fisch:

As for the discussion of teen exploits, I don't think I qualify since I'm only just out of my teens, but if you want me to recount I will (but I'm narcissistic and if I start I won't stop :ap_rosetinted:).

Hmmm, I think it really depends on the school. I went to a religious private school and there were zero openly non-heterosexual people. That's why it took me so long to accept my own feelings - it was an environment where there was no acknowledgment of anything remotely 'different'.

I'm in the same boat as Suzy. God forbid anyone saying the "s" word in our house - it wasn't a dirty word, it was more than that: it didn't exist. Hence why I was all the more curious when I was older.

:roftl:

:) Thanks...I hops so too!!!!

OK...

I was in grade 3, (about 8 years old) and the most popular guy in the school, Liam :wub2: would flirt with me nearly everyday. He was the fastest runner in the school (We had running competitions - I loved watching him run). I wasn't in the popular girls group, but was still good friends with them (something that's always occurred by choice - and Chickadee, there's your answer about Frenchie :wink2: ). So because of that I found it hard to believe he liked me and not one of them.

But anyway, one day during class he whispered in my ear "Meet me at the tennis court when the bell goes". I nodded, because I was speechless. The bell went and for 10 seconds I couldn't move. He tapped me on the shoulder and said "Come on" So I followed him. And he started running across the basketball courts to the tennis court and I had to run to keep up which SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! I managed!! He pushed open the gate and we were both in there ALONE :shocked:

And then he looked at me and I just grinned. And then he grabbed me and kissed me for what felt like 10 minutes. (5 seconds :naughty:) He pulled away and we heard the sound of 20 other feet running towards the tennis court. :lmfao: My whole class were perverts. The all pushed there way in and went "Oh damn too late" :roftl:

8 years old?!! Oh man I was 17, i sure was behind

I was just browsing and this discussion somewhat reminded me of something I've been discussing lately with my mom... the surroundings you grow up in and how it shapes you as a person. I find it really interesting to think about.

I lived in a big city environment until I was 11, and then I lived in a New England college town for 2 years before moving to suburbia (where I am now). It's not that far away from a city... about 40 minutes. It is known by its residents as a "bubble." Witnessing what the experience is like here for kids growing up (my siblings and their friends for example) has made me feel very lucky to have been immersed in a more diverse environment during my youngest, most formative years. Of course there are kids who are anomalies, growing up in a rural community and then being driven to rebel and do something completely different... move off to the big city or travel the world or something like that. But for me, having already experienced a different pace of life, I feel like I'm a much more independent and adventurous young adult as a result of where I've spent most of my time than if I hadn't experienced it and had just lived here since I was born. And I'm immeasurably thankful for that. I'm going off to college next fall to a place which causes most people where I live to react with, "Whoa.... but that's so far! Even at my age I'd be afraid to go there." I don't feel scared or nervous at all really....however, maybe that's just my young naivete. But I don't know if I'd be so driven to try something new if I hadn't lived in a more ambitious atmosphere/household.

But anyway, what I wanted to say is that if I ever have children, I'd want them to experience living in an environment that's less sheltered. A place where they can witness all walks of life and it won't really be a shock to them later on. I was surprised last year in my Human Geography class when we were assigned a project in which we had to go see what certain ethnic communities were like.... a lot of the kids in my class had always lived in this suburb and I suppose hadn't ventured very far out of it because that project was the first time they'd seen real poverty and/or neighborhoods mainly populated by speakers of another language. However, living in a city as a child I was used to seeing that and I was well aware that it existed.

I guess it really depends on the person, and having less external distraction surrounding a child might move them to develop their sense of creativity and focus easier. But I think it's equally important that they have some external stimulation (such as being around all different types of people and experiences), which also would contribute to the growth of their imaginations and personalities. At least in my case, I feel like it was invaluable to my personal development to live in the different types of places that I did... helped to create a more rounded point of view from witnessing all different perspectives.

I think you are lucky to have had those experiences. I lived in the suburbs of a city for a lot of my growing up years, but it was a small city and didn't really have some of those "particular ethnic areas" that some of the other Australian cities have pockets of.:thumbdown:

Lol...all your guys stories were great

Man I was so boring in high school! Although it was quite like an ugly duckling story cause my whole life up until high school I was made fun of for being "ugly" but thankfully that all changed when I got to high school. I was always the girl who was friends with the guys, and still am although I did get my first boyfriend and first kiss my senior year of high school. I was always the "prude" one in school. I never looked down on others but I was just awkward about it all, still am in fact. Anyways, my first kiss... It was cute cause he new he'd be my first kiss so he asked me over to his house on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts and he had a mistletoe that he so conveniently had placed above the entrance to his living room! it was cute. I was one of the "straight edge" people in my high school, i didn't drink or smoke or anything, (needless to say that's changed since I've got to college as you've prob seen my drunk post on here) so i was always the dd at all the parties and stuff. Then me and my boyfriend broke up after our first year of college and that was the best thing ever because now i'm single and loving life! Being independent and free! But I'm hardly the girl who goes to clubs gets drunk, I'm still the girl who is friends with the guys instead of the girl the guys flirt with and that is completely find by me, it's more fun that, you don't have to deal with drama! So yup that's my life story lol

I'm just curious... You used the word prude and I'd like to know if that's how you viewed yourself or if that's what others called you? 'Cos it is O.K. to have moral standards and stand by them. Doesn't necessarily make you a prude. In the same way that someone who wasn't living by the same moral standards isn't necessarily a slut or whatever.

Labels are very interesting things...

OK...

And then he looked at me and I just grinned. And then he grabbed me and kissed me for what felt like 10 minutes. (5 seconds :naughty:) He pulled away and we heard the sound of 20 other feet running towards the tennis court. :lmfao: My whole class were perverts. The all pushed there way in and went "Oh damn too late" :roftl:

Why didn't you post this in the other thread? That's just adorable! Oh and I kind of get what you mean. Are you saying you think Frenchie was kind of on the fringe of the Pink Ladies? And if so, is that because she was friends with Sandy?

I'm narcissistic! I've already written like four paragraphs and that's with a boring life and nothing to tell! The trouble is that I want to share all the minute little details... I'm trying really hard to restrain myself lol!

I want to hear all the minute details! And your life is far from boring. I don't think anyone's life is boring, really. We all have our own tales.

I was just browsing and this discussion somewhat reminded me of something I've been discussing lately with my mom... the surroundings you grow up in and how it shapes you as a person. I find it really interesting to think about. :)

I think it's also a bit what you make of it. I know people who grew up in a major city but always stayed within the same areas, talking to the same kinds of people, about the same things. Then they venture out of these areas, even within the same city, and experience culture shock.

I'm finding now that living in the same city I grew up in is making me soo restless...sure, it's decent sized city of over a million people, but it's just so...samey. It seems that the many of the most interesting people have moved around at least somewhat...new places and new faces, and all that.

Everyone - and I mean everyone - drank, skipped school, lied to their parents and teachers on a regular basis, etc. Your entire personal life revolved around your peers. You rarely spent time with adults and school was just an inconvenience getting in the way of socializing and chasing boys.

:shocked: Really? I'm only 10 years older than you, but I guess that

decade made a difference! :naughty:

Anyhow... very interesting thread to read through, all. Thanks for

sharing :)

dcdeb