Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Apples! Happy Birthday Christine! Hope you have an awesome day!

I can't say I haven't thought of you "bunch" as I've been taking some time off with family priorities. I was teaching my daughter how to paint still-life and ended up with these as my subject matter :naughty: :

IMG_1403-1.jpg

Also, I've snuck on, now and then to get a glimpse of the Paris and other gigs. :naughty:

Happy Birthday Christine!

My photobucket has gone awol and I am just tooo darn lazy to sort it out but lack of pictures for your birthday has no bearing whatsoever on the sincere greetings I am sending you.

Hope you have a great day, doing exactly what you want to do! :wink2:

Ah, Suzy, it's nice to see you back. I've been wondering where you'd been...

Nice paintings! I so admire people who can paint, draw, sculpt etc etc. I don't have an artistic bone in my body and can't draw a straight line with a ruler as the saying goes.

Hello Apples! Happy Birthday Christine! Hope you have an awesome day!

I can't say I haven't thought of you "bunch" as I've been taking some time off with family priorities. I was teaching my daughter how to paint still-life and ended up with these as my subject matter :naughty: :

IMG_1403-1.jpg

Also, I've snuck on, now and then to get a glimpse of the Paris and other gigs. :naughty:

Ohhh. :wub2:

While away, I missed a few things...

Happy Belated Birthday Lena!

Happy Belated Birthday Vally! Kuss!

Happy Belate Birthday Nicole!

Christine - You did an amazing recap of all the significant links on the second post for the Paris Gig Review thread :thumb_yello: THANKS!

And looking forward to seeing Duffy in concert with you in a couple weeks!

Kelzy! I just realized who you remind me of - this Canadian tv personality named Cheryl Hickey!

n5952684721_361101_3574.jpg

Sienna - my technique? Ha! It's called "trying-to-paint-exactly-what's-in-front-of-me" :bleh: Sometimes you think you see the colour grey (like a shadow) but it's really purple or blue. Furthermore, it's using the cheapest acrylic paints possible (from the "Dollar" store) so that if you've wasted your time and effort on a crappy painting, you don't regret spending the money (especially when your 7 year old continues using an inch thick of paint on the canvas). :naughty:

Sariflor and Babs - glad to have read some of your adventures. Thanks for sharing.

Haeschen - sorry you missed out on the M&G. :thumbdown:

Jack - thank you for the pleasant surprise in the mailbox :wub2:

Blue Sky - yes! I see Christine's B-day thread was merged. :thumb_yello:

Yop - your 10 days of holidays must be over by now...hope you're still enjoying your work there in the tropics.

Kelzy! I just realized who you remind me of - this Canadian tv personality named Cheryl Hickey!

n5952684721_361101_3574.jpg

:shocked: *has a flashback to blonde hair days*

Just de-hollywood style and darken her hair.. much less glamour.... yikes!! the basic facial structure is the same.

*googles her*

Sienna - my technique? Ha! It's called "trying-to-paint-exactly-what's-in-front-of-me" Sometimes you think you see the colour grey (like a shadow) but it's really purple or blue. Furthermore, it's using the cheapest acrylic paints possible (from the "Dollar" store) so that if you've wasted your time and effort on a crappy painting, you don't regret spending the money (especially when your 7 year old continues using an inch thick of paint on the canvas).

I think you're very talented :punk:

:groovy:Happy 24th Birthday Christine!! :groovy:

Do we still count backwards in here??

Welcome back Suzy! You were missed here, but I see you've been putting your non-MFC time to good use. Still, it's nice to see you back here.

Happy birthday Christine! Guess what, for your birthday I dug out that picture from the secret gig Mika had in your livingroom...

ChristineMika.jpg

P1030915.jpg

Oh I want to go to Martinique! Thank you for posting all these pics. Love them.

IMG_1403-1.jpg

Really incredible. I wish I could paint like that! Is E showing the same talent? Her poems are certainly ready for MFC Mika poems. :naughty:

Happy Birthday Christine!

My photobucket has gone awol and I am just tooo darn lazy to sort it out but lack of pictures for your birthday has no bearing whatsoever on the sincere greetings I am sending you.

Hope you have a great day, doing exactly what you want to do!

Thank you! I will have a day of obligations unfortunately but I made up for it yesterday by sitting on my lazy ass and having an afternoon nap. :thumb_yello:

And in case you didn't notice your thread(s) Christine (Suzy and I both opened one, now they are merged)

Happy Birthday!!

Cheers! :thumb_yello:

Happy Birthday from me as well dearest Christine! Have a nice day with loads of cake and apples :ap_rosetinted:

Mmmm...cake and apples. I will try. Thanks for the wishes!

Christine - You did an amazing recap of all the significant links on the second post for the Paris Gig Review thread. THANKS![/img]

I will send you the most interesting stuff later although I'm starting to lose track of these gigs myself. I don't even know where he's playing anymore.

Happy 24th Birthday Christine!!

Do we still count backwards in here??

Most definitely!

Happy birthday from me as well, Christine! Looks like you're a cancer as well! I tend to like them a lot, so no wonder I like you.

Happy birthday fellow Cancerian! :yay:

Hello, apples! I'm glad to see that I didn't miss that much these last few weeks (aside from the gig reports which didn't interest me anyway). I've had an odd sort of time this winter holiday, at times completely passive and bored out of my brain and at other times angry and heated in arguments with the 'rents. At least some things like the MFC are constant, eh.

Now, a few congratulations are in order:

Happy 24th Birthday, Christine! :happybday::kaf:

And welcome back, Suzy! I hope that you and your family are doing well. Your paintings are beautiful, btw. :thumb_yello:

Soooo... also just saw the video message to the MFC that Niki sent out. Man, Mika really goes into high-whining mode as soon as MFC is mentioned, doesn't he? From the blogs on his site that are kind of defensive, with the "you can't blame me!" and the latest Mikasounds update bulletin "that should be enough for you until the next installment!" and so on... ha.

She says "for the MFC!" and he immediately responds like clockwork, "the MFC? But I've been doing so many videoblogs lately... and I lost my voice, and I'm so tired, and I have to be up early tomorrow, and and and..." He may have lost his voice, but his whinging is in top form. :thumb_yello: Plus it appears now that he loses his voice after every show, anyway.

I just love how the words "MFC" almost involuntarily summon a litany of complaints. Like he's so used to providing excuses he can't stop. :roftl: Poor boy.

--Jack

That's ma boy! Leading the way! Showing us how it's done! :thumb_yello:

An excellent piece of whining, once again demonstrating why he's #1. :thumb_yello:

Happy 24th Birthday, Christine! :happybday::kaf:

Cheers! I was just thinking about you. Glad to see you are doing well.

And no, you haven't missed much. But I did find the little yelp at the start of this video highly amusing. He's such a girl. :roftl:

Cheers! I was just thinking about you. Glad to see you are doing well.

And no, you haven't missed much. But I did find the little yelp at the start of this video highly amusing. He's such a girl. :roftl:

Mika: 0, Stage-hand-who-bowled-him-over: 1. :roftl:

But oh my goodness, what a whiny song. He sounds like a cat wailing. :blink:

But oh my goodness, what a whiny song. He sounds like a cat wailing. :blink:

Oh gawd, don't even get me started. I have been in the Rain thread begging him to sort it out. For the first time ever I am having a Mika-fan crisis. I really couldn't sit through a concert of that and would seriously have to give him up if this is where his music is heading.

Oh gawd, don't even get me started. I have been in the Rain thread begging him to sort it out. For the first time ever I am having a Mika-fan crisis. I really couldn't sit through a concert of that and would seriously have to give him up if this is where his music is heading.

I haven't read that thread. I actually like the piano, especially at the start. It's the wailing masquerading as singing and the lyrics including 'baby', the whiny 'I hate days like this' and the unintelligible repetitive chorus that are annoying me.

I haven't read that thread. I actually like the piano, especially at the start. It's the wailing masquerading as singing and the lyrics including 'baby', the whiny 'I hate days like this' and the unintelligible repetitive chorus that are annoying me.

He first performed it in Paris on a real piano so that part was lovely. But I can't abide the wailing. He needs to sort it out - seriously.

He first performed it in Paris on a real piano so that part was lovely. But I can't abide the wailing. He needs to sort it out - seriously.

arrghhkk.. I agree. The potential is there.

I completely agree with what you just said :thumb_yello:

And now i'm thinking that since some ppl don't like this song maybe he won't have less fans after his second album and play little gigs evilapples.gif

Christine Happy Birthday! :kaf::punk:

PinkBdayCake.JPG

I hoe you have a great day :wink2:

Btw, i totally agree the yelp in the vid is :rolls_eyes: