Introducing the MFC script writer: ME!

CazGirl

No they weren't on his MySpace. But I've personally never considered a social networking site as a reliable and professional source of artist information.

Festivals don't announce artists willy-nilly until they have agreed with them. He may have not announced it on his MySpace but between him and the festival there'd be some form of contractual agreement. The festival's reputation is at stake: it's damaging to them if artists cancel after they've announced them so they would take it seriously. Mika and/or his management however seem less worried.

If his name was announced in the line-up then he agreed to be in the festival and if he canceled then he is responsible, I cannot see any situation in which he could escape responsibility.

But here we're going back to the eternal debate, that we had many times last year and we never (obviously) got to the bottom of, due to the fact that we don't know the details.

If he has signed an agreement to perform and he cancels, especially if there is no sickness involved, then he'd face a big fine, so I really can't see that happening.

Plus the fact that his name is tarnished. Even more, you could say, after the numerous cancellations last summer....

That is why, unless someone actually tells me from an official source that there WAS an agreement for him to do that/those festivals, I still want to think that there wasn't, and that the festival announced it before it was a firm deal.

The festival always reserves the right to "change the artists", so I don't see how their name would be affected?

The Myspace issue is something else, and I do agree with what you said about it not being a reliable source of information, and with the fact that he should have a better system in place, especially when it comes to scheduling gigs, etc.

I think that the big issue that Mika has here is that he doesn't have a well managed site that is constantly updated with trustworhty info.

I'd imagine (or hope) that this is one of his priorities now, to set that up, and maybe with the MFC being official the aim is to do it through this site?

So yes, I agree with the myspace issue, but I can't agree to the festival point because we simply do not know. And festivals have been known to announce lineups that are not actually confirmed via a contract, hence the blame could be on them.

I won't actually pin it on anyone if I don't know who is at fault.

About the festivals, it's really a bit like a game of chance at times. For instance his appearance at the Taubertal Festival last summer was never listed on his myspace...:no:

But he did perform there. Which I hadn't thought he would :sneaky2:

With his myspace, I go by this rule: "if it's not there, it's possible. If it's there, it's certain unless something major happens"

I think it's sad that Mika fans have come to accept this from him. He's a professional and is expected to do his job consistently just as we all are in our own respective careers.

Well, we all agree that the way his last tour was managed, with so many dates together and cancellations, was not good, so I hope that he/they will learn and change things from now on.

I know that July is looking packed, but he has had a good rest beforehand so I think that he should be able to do it withsout getting sick.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed your dvd - I thought it was a lovely thing to think of - and

I felt like a star, for about 5 seconds!!! :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

if you are going to sign alot of them... you better find a way to make it alot faster missie!! like a W with an x :roftl: :roftl:

at that rate, you'll be there signing for hours!!!

if you are going to sign alot of them... you better find a way to make it alot faster missie!! like a W with an x :roftl: :roftl:

at that rate, you'll be there signing for hours!!!

No-one else would want my signature - unless its on a cheque!! :roftl:

No-one else would want my signature - unless its on a cheque!! :roftl:

hahahaha true true true! so i guess W with a X (kiss) is out of the question for you then lol

banks dont like "X" on a cheque, come to think of it :naughty:

I love how that story has now entered MFC reference. :naughty:

lol i think mfc is quite easily entertained... get a hair cut and they talk about it for pages!!!!!!! get an orange/peach shirt... that's another 30 pages!!!!

go on tour welllllllllllllll..... that's a gimme!!!

we are a funny bunch, aren't we? lol

lol i think mfc is quite easily entertained... get a hair cut and they talk about it for pages!!!!!!! get an orange/peach shirt... that's another 30 pages!!!!

go on tour welllllllllllllll..... that's a gimme!!!

we are a funny bunch, aren't we? lol

Oh yes, we are. But then again, one of us would say that, wouldn't we?:naughty:

Oh yes, we are. But then again, one of us would say that, wouldn't we?:naughty:

lol yes :roftl:

imagine how many pages we could chat up if he did something outrageous (i mean really outrageous.... not a hair cut or shirt or cutting his nails etc..)

:roftl: :roftl: :blink:

a thread that was purely made just for fun and entertainment has turned out to be one of the most warped and retarded threads ever :roftl:

thanks guys :roftl: :roftl:

as for the new chapter, i haven't even started it yet. i not long got back from work, signed on here and read two pages of speculation :lmfao:

a thread that was purely made just for fun and entertainment has turned out to be one of the most warped and retarded threads ever :roftl:

thanks guys :roftl: :roftl:

as for the new chapter, i haven't even started it yet. i not long got back from work, signed on here and read two pages of speculation :lmfao:

awwwwwwwwwww and there she is!!!! how was work? did mika, jerry, mom walk in where you work? are they stalking you?

awwwwwwwwwww and there she is!!!! how was work? did mika, jerry, mom walk in where you work? are they stalking you?

work was crap and boring. i was on box office serving people tickets. this girl of about 13 started randomly chatting to me, asking what the difference between fate and karma was. and then she said "so if i saw you again, that would be fate?" and i said "no that would probably be more like a coincidence" and then she got more confused :lmao:

unfortunately neither of those characters popped in to see me at work. they're probably sick of me peeping round the corner with a dictphone recording their every word :naughty:

work was crap and boring. i was on box office serving people tickets. this girl of about 13 started randomly chatting to me, asking what the difference between fate and karma was. and then she said "so if i saw you again, that would be fate?" and i said "no that would probably be more like a coincidence" and then she got more confused :lmao:

unfortunately neither of those characters popped in to see me at work. they're probably sick of me peeping round the corner with a dictphone recording their every word :naughty:

lol if they would have popped in.. that would have been fate! :naughty:

do you come home smelling like popcorn?

:roftl: no i dont :roftl: how random is that LOL! Did you get my friend request on myspaz?

didn't you say you work at a movie theater? or did i miss read something?

who is myspaz?

duhhhhhhhh yes i got it... by the way... i had sent you one about 3 days ago lol

didn't you say you work at a movie theater? or did i miss read something?

who is myspaz?

yeah i work in a cinema, but i dont go around smelling of popcorn lol :roftl:

at least...i dont think i do :blink:

*is paranoid*

haha!

myspaz is my own word for myspace LOL

yeah i work in a cinema, but i dont go around smelling of popcorn lol :roftl:

at least...i dont think i do :blink:

*is paranoid*

haha!

myspaz is my own word for myspace LOL

do you have 2 myspace? cuz this one doesn't look like the one i looked at last week... or did you just redo it?

do you have 2 myspace? cuz this one doesn't look like the one i looked at last week... or did you just redo it?

I have two. The one I added you on is my personal myspace. The "cazgirl" one is my art page :thumb_yello:

I have two. The one I added you on is my personal myspace. The "cazgirl" one is my art page :thumb_yello:

awww ok... then i sent you a request on the other one lol i had gone to check out your drawings.

i'm leaving for a family reunion in about 1 hour... should be fun.. it's a surprise party

awww ok... then i sent you a request on the other one lol i had gone to check out your drawings.

i'm leaving for a family reunion in about 1 hour... should be fun.. it's a surprise party

very nice! have fun! x

very nice! have fun! x

just a thought.... when i come back, will there be a story up? :roftl:

the reason behind the popcorn... in movie theaters here, the smell of popcorn/salt/butter is so strong! my son's friend worked there & when he came here after work, he smelt like popcorn! mmmm here is a thought for new perfume... eau de popcorn!!:roftl:

just a thought.... when i come back, will there be a story up? :roftl:

the reason behind the popcorn... in movie theaters here, the smell of popcorn/salt/butter is so strong! my son's friend worked there & when he came here after work, he smelt like popcorn! mmmm here is a thought for new perfume... eau de popcorn!!:roftl:

aaahhhhh, now that is the big questiiooooon! :roftl:

(from 5:28, you'll see how that's meant to be said! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIoRCC6qGj0&feature=related)

i dont know. honestly. LOL! Tryin to find inspiration!

eau de popcorn hahaha luverly xDD