2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I hate to say this, but the hair seems to be growing on me...I have such a big mouth, I always give my opinion too soon and then it changes, but I already voted as "I don't like it" on the other thread:sneaky2:.

I thought it would grow on me... I was waiting for it to... but no. I do not like the new haircut. It just looks awkward.

But, I also don't think it matters.

Or, I might just be in a grouchy mood today. :thumbdown:

OMG !!!! Im Cursing like a Sailor you guys how BEAUTIFUL !!1 DOES MIKA LOOKS ON THAT PIC ! , His skin is flawless ! now thats the guy i want to marry !!! , where do I sign up !

Theres a special program of Mika on my my tv !!! from Friday trough Sunday :mf_lustslow::wub2:

haha! I was waiting for you to come in here:wink2:

*sigh* perhaps all of this talk about make up and curled lashes etc comes out of being bored...and waiting to hear from Mika... but non the less it doesn't matter what the hell he puts on his face, he's still B E A U T I F U L... I'm thinking of what Mika would be thinking if he came in here :roftl: For some reason, I think if most on here said they didn't like the make up on him he'd show up to his next event with eye liner 3 times thicker:wub2:

Gotta love him:punk:

*sigh* perhaps all of this talk about make up and curled lashes etc comes out of being bored...and waiting to hear from Mika... but non the less it doesn't matter what the hell he puts on his face, he's still B E A U T I F U L... I'm thinking of what Mika would be thinking if he came in here :roftl: For some reason, I think if most on here said they didn't like the make up on him he'd show up to his next event with eye liner 3 times thicker:wub2:

Frankly I don't think he'd give a damn. He does what his job requires of him not respond to trivial fan whims.

We for one don't get what the big deal is with his hair cut or whether or not he wears makeup or not. He is a person just like us. :wub2:

Those pics of his new hair cut are absolutley STUNNING!!! He looks absolutley gorgeous. We love his new do. One of the first things we saw was his new hair cut (of course) and also the way he looks so relaxed and rested. That really made us happy.:wub2:

Love Love

The Meyer Twins

haha! I was waiting for you to come in here:wink2:

I doubt he bases what he does on this forum.

At least I sure as hell hope he doesn't.

Mika, if you're reading this, go make your album.

Frankly I don't think he'd give a damn. He does what his job requires of him not respond to trivial fan whims.

I'm not against makeup in general. I just don't think some of Mika's makeup choices are flattering. Just like I don't think some women's makeup choices are flattering.

I like Patrick Wolf's glitter though. :thumb_yello:

i just saw the pic you quoted. if THAT is eyeliner, then bloody hell that's very thin and you guys have microscopic vision. i just thought that was just dark eyelashes.

you guys are BEYOND obsessive and y'all know it :mf_rosetinted:

when Mika gets a new show done the first question someone has to ask is "do you wear, or have you worn, eyeliner?"

I just saw this.

Those "dark eyelashes" are much darker than normal and it really looks like he's wearing some type of powder or something.

And yes, I am extremely obsessive, always coming here to look at which hairs Mika has cut and what new shirt he just bought. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, I noticed that he was wearing make up, and I hardly look at pictures of him anymore. You can't tell me he isn't wearing some make up. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I just think he looks a bit odd. As I said before, it's done so that it's not suppose to look like he's wearing any, but (I) can obviously tell he is.

Now if he'd done something like Patrick Wolf did in that picture Scut Monkey posted than maybe I'd like it. It looks good on Patrick at least.

I just figured if people are going to freak out 'cause he cut his hair than I can comment about what I think about his make up, whether it's part of the business or not.

I'm not against makeup in general. I just don't think some of Mika's makeup choices are flattering. Just like I don't think some women's makeup choices are flattering.

I like Patrick Wolf's glitter though. :thumb_yello:

I agree. Well-defined blush outlines should stay in the 80's regardless of gender. :naughty:

I'm not a real fan. What's the Christmas tree mean?

It's a sarcastic equivalent of ":mf_rosetinted:".

The thing about make-up is that we have two different issues here. One is, whether Mika himself wants to wear makeup. He used to wear eyeliner, yeah, and he may do some touch-up at shows or to go to parties, but that's different from how we see him at awards, etc, which is when people tend to complain about the blusher.

Thing is, makeup is pretty much mandatory for tv appearances. If he didn't wear it, he'd look washed out, and we'd all be going "oh poor dear, is he sick?"

But I'm not sure it's Mika's family or even anyone working with Mika who does his makeup then. I frequently see people on tv who look too orange, too much blush, etc--I think it's the makeup artists the events or the studio provides that often do a bit of slap-happy job. Even if not, note that he looks fine in some photos and not so much in others. It'd hard to get the balance right between makeup that will work for bright lights, and that will still look ok without them.

Also, I want to address Christine on the "masculine" issue and say that I resent his sequined jackets and super-styled curls being referred to as "feminine"! They are "glam," yeah, but I love the feminine look on guys and I don't think he looks particularly androgynous then. His old teenage/Koko look was more "feminine," but it was also more relaxed. I think the problem with the glam look is less where it falls on the feminine/masculine scale, but its... dehydrated artificiality. Patrick Wolf takes both femininity and artificiality to an extreme level, but they both work beautifully on him. My issue with the "official glam" look is that it's a bit too... neither-nor, at once too much and too little. I'd rather he was either more natural, or more theatrical a la PW and Bowie.

--Jack

Also, I want to address Christine on the "masculine" issue and say that I resent his sequined jackets and super-styled curls being referred to as "feminine"! They are "glam," yeah, but I love the feminine look on guys and I don't think he looks particularly androgynous then.

I'm not saying his glam look is his most feminine or androgynous, just that it's not as masculine as his natural look, which is my personal preference.

Theres a special program of Mika on my my tv !!! from Friday trough Sunday

There's what? :shocked: Actually on tv?

In general I don't understand the fuss about men wearing make up. Most especially in photoshoots, videos and photographed public appearances where they would want to look their best just as much as women do.

455440ym5.jpg

marr6dq0.jpg

I agree. And of course it's necesary for tv/photos/etc :blink:

I like the eyeliner, his eyes look even more :wub2: , and the blush (although obvious) is super-adorable :wub2:

Guys can notice when girls wear makeup, what's the big deal? :blink:

At this point I can only say that M's genious maneuver has succeeded 100% :naughty:

Everybody's discussing the peach blush and coral lips instead of bashing him for the (non-)fest in Australia and the (???)officiality stuff ..

Smooth operator...:naughty:

(its like when you submit the thesis - its better to make few grammatical mistakes here and there to give supervisors and referees chance to plunge their claws into and redirect the attention from spoiling the original...)