2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

Thank you So Much!!

I Love Mika's Interviews!!

Mika is such an Excellent Interview!!

I think Mika looks Fabulous & Well Rested!!

It is No Fun going to youtube these days!! No New Mika - Usually!

This is a Real Treat!!

I hope you are having Fun Creating your Second Musical Endeavour Mika!!

I Can't Wait for the Tunes & the Art!!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a MIKA look that he would be quite definite about. We already know he loves the theatrical, particularly with regards his popstar persona ie his shows. So I'm not convinced it's all driven by his mum and sister, even if they are the ones who come up with the actual articles of clothing. I guess what I'm getting at is, surely he would have veto rights?

I'm not suggesting that they dress him up in stuff he doesn't like. Just that they are influencing his professional style. I guess that sort of goes without saying since they were bound to influence him in many ways while he was growing up, regardless.

But I do wonder if Mika - the guy who wears cotton hoodies, t-shirts and baggy jeans out clubbing - single handedly came up with idea of sewing sequin faux braces onto his shirts or designed those short tight glittery jackets...?

I'm not suggesting that they dress him up in stuff he doesn't like. Just that they are influencing his professional style. I guess that sort of goes without saying since they were bound to influence him in many ways while he was growing up, regardless.

But I do wonder if Mika - the guy who wears cotton hoodies, t-shirts and baggy jeans out clubbing - single handedly came up with idea of sewing sequin faux braces onto his shirts or designed those short tight glittery jackets...?

I really think you have a point there!:thumb_yello:

the poor guy. his fans are his biggest supporters and biggest critics.

Yes, I think that it usually goes hand in hand...:wink2:But I also think that it's healthy for him.

If I had fans I'd rather they were also critical, than just adoring me no matter what I did.

Sorry

16209769edec2f827074a98bfe934c8eb0b2539.jpg

(Ok, I need helpback to RL now)

KK!! That is just soooooooooooooooooooo bad!! :roftl: Hahahaaaaaaaaaa!!

He does look like Lineker like Wendi said, LOL!

*prays that Mika never looks at this thread* :blink:

I pray I pray I pray.....Maybe we need to pray some more. Someone get HJ fast!!

and of course he is not wearing any coral blush! its just the reflect of his peach coloured polo who redesigns the perfect shapes of his cheeks and nicely recolours them in a natural way, of course...

Well said, well said, FINALLY someone sees the truth:thumb_yello:

Incidentally, the pics were I see the eyeliner are not the ones with the orange polo, but the ones of the actual awards show, where he's standing with the chinese guy.

I think that it's very obvious there that he's wearing some sort of black shadow/eyeliner/pencil on his lower lashes, making the line that runs from lash to lash if that makes any sense??

It looks totally different to when he's not wearing it, and to the pics with the orange shirt.

Unfortunately I can't find any good ones now, but if anyone is interested I saw a few good closeups somewhere in this thread though, where he has his hand over the shoulder of the chinese guy....

Oh, and I hate to say this, but the hair seems to be growing on me...I have such a big mouth, I always give my opinion too soon and then it changes, but I already voted as "I don't like it" on the other thread:sneaky2:.

Oh, and I hate to say this, but the hair seems to be growing on me...I have such a big mouth, I always give my opinion too soon and then it changes, but I already voted as "I don't like it" on the other thread:sneaky2:.[/color]

You're such a hypocrite Sara :sneaky2:

:naughty:

I think that it's very obvious there that he's wearing some sort of black shadow/eyeliner/pencil on his lower lashes, making the line that runs from lash to lash if that makes any sense??

It looks totally different to when he's not wearing it, and to the pics with the orange shirt.

I totally agree with you. If you've seen Mika arrive at the venue when he's au naturel - or even seen pics of it - I don't know how you can say you can't see the difference.

Many of those early photos of Mika when he was working on LICM he is also wearing VERY obvious eyeliner. There was no attempt to be subtle or just looking camera ready at a high profile event. He was just wearing eyeliner, plain and simple.

I totally agree with you. If you've seen Mika arrive at the venue when he's au naturel - or even seen pics of it - I don't know how you can say you can't see the difference.

Many of those early photos of Mika when he was working on LICM he is also wearing VERY obvious eyeliner. There was no attempt to be subtle or just looking camera ready at a high profile event. He was just wearing eyeliner, plain and simple.

got any pictures?? :blink:

got any pictures?? :blink:

I don't know where they are off hand. Those black and white promo ones with the white piano. Also that collage that Mana posted with Jodi Marr should have some eyeliner pics. The one where he's got an earring in too I think.

ok, now i get ready to get killed

i think -THINK- that,lol, you will hate this, that he is the ONLY ONE who came up with the idea of sewing sequin faux braces on his shirts:roftl: im sure that his sisters and his mother tried to convince him that it wasnt such a good idea but you know him, the cotton hoodies and baggies and stuff are just sthg cool but dont reflect him 100%, he is the one who was going to school with red pants and a bow tie dont forget that, plus if you check his pictures when he wasnt this famous popstar, his hair and clothes are not about cool cotton hoodies and stuff, maybe he has learned to appreciate them since thats what you find in all the cool shops he has access since he is famous, the quality is really good it shows, god knows what he wears at home, god knows....

I don't know where they are off hand. Those black and white promo ones with the white piano. Also that collage that Mana posted with Jodi Marr should have some eyeliner pics. The one where he's got an earring in too I think.

i looked on jodi's website and couldn't see the collage but i know what one you mean.

i dont have the piano one or the earring one, but i found this! :

mikagrammys.gif

i hope it shows up, it's a GIF picture

EDIT: Damn it! it didn't show lol! http://www.jodimarr.com/

click on "photos" and its the first one there. ive not seen it before personally lol

Yes, I think that it usually goes hand in hand...:wink2:But I also think that it's healthy for him.

If I had fans I'd rather they were also critical, than just adoring me no matter what I did.

It's a saying isn't it?

You're such a hypocrite Sara :sneaky2:

:naughty:

Well, thank you!:sneaky2:

I just speak too soon, that's all. I haven't said that I love it though, or that I prefer it to how it was before (longer), just that it's not as awful as I first thought:naughty: . Better than the granny curls, yes.

But better if it was longer, yes.

Hell, yes, those pics at the Jodi Marr studio (where he also wore those strange open shoes that looked like indian slippers)!! He had SO much eyeliner there!

I think that he sometimes likes to experiment with things, or he likes eyeliner and just doesnt' find the right occasion to get away with it without getting a lot of flack.

He probably thought that if he wore it in China, we wouldn't notice back here...

Ay Mika!! Andy doesn't call us the CIA for nothing!!

WE ALWAYS SEE AND KNOW!:roftl:

ok, now i get ready to get killed

i think -THINK- that,lol, you will hate this, that he is the ONLY ONE who came up with the idea of sewing sequin faux braces on his shirts:roftl: im sure that his sisters and his mother tried to convince him that it wasnt such a good idea but you know him, the cotton hoodies and baggies and stuff are just sthg cool but dont reflect him 100%, he is the one who was going to school with red pants and a bow tie dont forget that, plus if you check his pictures when he wasnt this famous popstar, his hair and clothes are not about cool cotton hoodies and stuff, maybe he has learned to appreciate them since thats what you find in all the cool shops he has access since he is famous, the quality is really good it shows, god knows what he wears at home, god knows....

You are not gonna convince me young lady...I think that, as femenine as Mika can be, the "stage uniform" is all very femeninely inspired, and I reckon it's largely due to his sisters and mum.....

Like he said to me regarding his clothes (specifically the Tshirt I made him)and his mum: "she puts me in it":naughty:

2yl5i5z.jpg

As soon as I saw that picture, I was thinking, "ohh, Mika, no."

I don't have a problem with make up on anyone as long as it looks good, and this doesn't look very good. Plus, it's annoying when people have make up on but still try to make it look they're not made up. In reality it produces the opposite effect. Though I don't know if Mika wanted to look made up or not.

So there's my contribution to the what Mika looks like/what his every move is/what is he doing at this very moment/why isn't he working on his album discussion for the next few weeks. Come and get me when he releases his new album. It might be awhile.

As soon as I saw that picture, I was thinking, "ohh, Mika, no."

i just saw the pic you quoted. if THAT is eyeliner, then bloody hell that's very thin and you guys have microscopic vision. i just thought that was just dark eyelashes.

you guys are BEYOND obsessive and y'all know it :mf_rosetinted:

when Mika gets a new show done the first question someone has to ask is "do you wear, or have you worn, eyeliner?"

OMG !!!! Im Cursing like a Sailor you guys how BEAUTIFUL !!1 DOES MIKA LOOKS ON THAT PIC ! , His skin is flawless ! now thats the guy i want to marry !!! , where do I sign up !

Theres a special program of Mika on my my tv !!! from Friday trough Sunday :mf_lustslow::wub2:

OMG !!!! Im Cursing like a Sailor you guys how BEAUTIFUL !!1 DOES MIKA LOOKS ON THAT PIC ! , His skin is flawless ! now thats the guy i want to marry !!! , where do I sign up !

Theres a special program of Mika on my my tv !!! from Friday trough Sunday :mf_lustslow::wub2:

Hey David! Long time since we spoke!

What kind of program could that be? Are you watching the LICM dvd all weekend?:wink2:

He probably thought that if he wore it in China, we wouldn't notice back here.

:roftl: :roftl:

i know you like the masculine raw genuine mika dont cha hunney:das:

but dont expect to much from someone who has his songs co-written:naughty: sorry i just learned this and im still disappointed

IS IT NOT?!?!?!? Where are you from?!?!?! :shocked:

I'm spanish!! Only been here for (nearly) 6 years now:roftl:

i know you like the masculine raw genuine mika dont cha hunney:das:

but dont expect to much from someone who has his songs co-written:naughty: sorry i just learned this and im still disappointed

I do, I do.....

But what do you mean?!

I know a couple of them he has, like My Interpretation that Jodi Marr had some input, but the rest are his, no?

for the most part he writes them and then has other people help to improve them. he doesn't sit down with another person and choose everything with them. Because he can't read music and doesn't play many other instruments, he's going to need some help writing the music for other instruments.

Well, I doubt Mika woke up that morning thinking, "I'm going to wear loads of makeup today." It's part of his job, and part of being on TV. Maybe the Chinese makeup artists like men wearing more makeup. I dunno.

In general I don't understand the fuss about men wearing make up. Most especially in photoshoots, videos and photographed public appearances where they would want to look their best just as much as women do. :blink:

Men look hot in eyeliner *thinks of Ewan McGregor who has been known to wear it and looks so hot when he does*

Plus the glitter in "Velvet Goldmine". :thumb_yello:

Which reminds me of Patrick Wolf who also looks good in make up:

pwolf1kd6.jpg

can i see a picture please?

B/W promo:

455440ym5.jpg

Courtesy of Jodi Marr's website:

marr6dq0.jpg