My Journey Here 2 this Board...

soulsalsa7

Just letting every1 know that I would be considered new here even though I have been reading the boards here 4 the past few weeks in stealth mode...:cool:

How I finally came across MIKA is a blurry memory...what I can remember is I must have first saw him on a late night show with the sound turned down but I have Closed-Captioning on my tv so the song was "Lollipop", was definitely a bit different from what I was used 2 seeing in a while. But it shouldn't have been since I have seen Prince do even more "different" things as one might say but in a all positive light.

He finally got 2 me @ the Brits Awards, since i had taped it 4 other artists, kinda of hard 2 miss the opening act but the songs were catching on in my head. Not to mention they were so darn uplifting in a time I was even becoming numb to Jack Johnson songs 4 positivity(still love the dude). So I would play the performance over and over and what finally got me rocking on the MIKA boat was my 7-month old little sister. She wouldn't really listen or watch closely 2 any1, only a bit of Prince and Elvis but MIKA, she loved him! Especially the Grace Kelly video (her fav vid)...she could be an "August Rush" baby but regardless anytime she hears any beat or melody from Grace Kelly and other MIKA songs her attention is redirected to the ear beautiful music notes and starts jamming away. Maybe when she gets a bit older, I'll take her 2 a MIKA concert! Wish I would have discovered him earlier so I could have went 2 the San Francisco concert but better late than never...I can wait.

That's how I find myself here on these boards, hope it wasn't 2 long...I could never condense my stories in school but what the hay...its MIKA literature.

oh yeah Hola 2 every1...:wink2:

ashley

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ash,

That is so great. It a wonderfull feeling experiancing his music for the first time.. I can remember mine tooo.. was so great!!!!!

I might be moving to CA some time soon in the future.. I've heard it's lovely there :)

So glad you joined our groovey Mika club!

Hey Ashley!!! WELCOME!

Have fun here :naughty: I'm in California too! A few californians are floating around here somewhere... There's a californians thread haha.. I'll bump it and you can visit us there!

Anyways, I'm Vanessa, and I hope you have an awesome time! Welcome to the wonderful world of MFC :naughty: