Oldlings Part 19

Wendi

Hey Rose! All Oldlings gone 'cept you? Have you noticed my guesses about your costume? Am I cold?

I did see your guesses, and they are not quite right, lots of guesses going the right way, but not hitting the nail on the head just yet.

How are you doing Suzy?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did see your guesses, and they are not quite right, lots of guesses going the right way, but not hitting the nail on the head just yet.

How are you doing Suzy?

Oops. Sorry, I got distracted...

I'm doing very well thank you. :thumb_yello: It looks like you have many things to look forward too soon - luckyeee! I'd stay and chat, but putting kids to bed. Take care! G'night - you should be sleeping by now!

Morning Oldlings! As per usual, you're all gone!!

Might just be me but does anyone else find this picture extrodinarily :chkn:ney?:naughty:

As I said yesterday... both sweet and sexy ie very chickeny!

Oh and Sarah there were 150 people at the gig... I read back and saw that you'd asked .... :)

150 people! *dies* Blimey, I would kill for any kind of Mika gig but 150 people would be completely blisserific:mf_lustslow:

i agree with that too.

actually i was wondering that, when aussie and south america and japan turns come, we should leave the gigs to the natives there.

without crowding the first rows EVEN there...with our familiar faces.

we should understand that ppl in those countries have a right to see mika without being embarassed by old fans coming from europe/north america.

they need to create a dedicated fan base, without us!

does it sound odd?

No, Robi, it doesn't sound odd, just very thoughtful of you. I hadn't even thought of it from that point of you, I'd just been looking forward to the idea of meeting whichever MFC'ers chose to come over. And even now that you've brought it up, I find I'm torn between the idea of just us Aussies (in Australia of course) getting to represent the MFC to Mika and the potential fun of a global MFC meetup. Hmmmm... I've got butterflies in my stomach now just thinking about it...

Ha. Sooooo hot here is nothing compared with most of the world. Get to 20 degrees and we talk of record breaking! Well, perhaps not quite, but 24 ish is good for here. I take it that's a chilly day for you? Where Sam's gone it can be 40 in the day and minus 8 at night. Sounds dreadful to me!

What's the keyboard shortcut for the degree sign? Anyone know. I only usually need ÷ (which is Alt 246.)

Where has Sam gone? (And is Sam your son?)

All my learners loved it and my feedback from them was great, my bully manager who dipped in and out observing me for quality hated it. I did point out that she missed most of it but she said she was surprized at the feedback cos she thought it was basically crap (to cut the story short):boxed:

Jemma, what do you do for a living? I thought you were a teacher but I don't understand what that has to do with brides?

Alt + 0188 = ¼

Alt + 0189 = ½

Alt + 0190 = ¾

Alt + 0186 = º

Alt + 0153 = ™

Alt + 0169 = ©

Hope that's right this time. Sorry Ruth I hit the 6 instead of the 9

Interesting, I didn't know about these.

Hi Oldlings, just popping in quickly without reading back.

Fresh from the emergency room! :shocked:

Son came home from school crying -- had twisted his ankle twice

today playing basketball in school. He never cries any more so I

was afraid it was serious -- very swollen, and purple.

Well, a couple hours and x-rays (not to mention dollars$$$) later,

and it's just a very bad sprain -- he's got a very unusual splint on,

with crutches and lots of ibuprofen...

*sigh*

It really is always something isn't it? :blink:

OK, now I'll read back and see how you all are...

dcdeb

Oh, Deb. It's awful when the kids are sick or hurt themselves, and as they get bigger you can't fix it anywhere near as often with a cuddle and a kiss. Particularly when it's something like a sprained ankle! Does this mean your son is off school or can he walk with this splint?

Hellooooo Chickadee!

I love chickadees...so sweet and friendly! :wub2:

I am mostly in the voting thread as Mika has finally passed Gary Barlow but the GB fans aren't going down without a fight it seems. :thumbdown:

Patty

Hey there! Are you telling me there really is such a thing as a chickadee? LOL!! Of course! "Rockin' Robin".... "Every little swallow, every chickadee, every little birdie in the old oak tree etc" Never really thought about them as being real.

And that's me of course. Sweet and friendly! Isn't it?

(I defy anyone here to tell me I'm NOT sweet and friendly:mf_rosetinted:)

Hey Mamacatt, you'd offer your nursing services to Mika free of charge wouldn't you? I kind of nominated you in a different thread hehehe...

Hey there! Are you telling me there really is such a thing as a chickadee? LOL!! Of course! "Rockin' Robin".... "Every little swallow, every chickadee, every little birdie in the old oak tree etc" Never really thought about them as being real.

And that's me of course. Sweet and friendly! Isn't it?

(I defy anyone here to tell me I'm NOT sweet and friendly:mf_rosetinted:)

Hey Mamacatt, you'd offer your nursing services to Mika free of charge wouldn't you? I kind of nominated you in a different thread hehehe...

Gosh yes... I am at Mika's service.....where did you nominate Nurse Mamacatt? :thumb_yello: And you are also an RN, aren't you? Will we be completing a tour of duty together my little chickadee?

chickadee-1.jpg

They are so tiny, and will sit on your hand to take seeds once they are accustomed to you.

yes & no. I've been walking more, a mile some days, but it seems the more I do, there are the familiar twinges of nerve pain. it gets frustrating.

I called the Dr. yesterday & he danced around it, saying give it some more time, everyone heals at their own rate, etc.

What I'm wondering is, when do they decide whatever is going to heal is healed & whatever is still there is just permanent nerve damage?

sorry to be complaining!

it's weird having no schedule, nothing to do, I can't recall the last time I didn't work for a whole month.

leaves me with too much time to brood, apparently!

it's going to be over 90 degrees & humid tomorrow, so a walk is probably out of the question. the heat is intolerable with this collar on,

I get Extremely Grouchy.

I'm going to try to get to sleep now,

under my animal healing circle!

goodnight.

Leona

Gosh yes... I am at Mika's service.....where did you nominate Nurse Mamacatt? :thumb_yello: And you are also an RN, aren't you? Will we be completing a tour of duty together my little chickadee?

chickadee-1.jpg

They are so tiny, and will sit on your hand to take seeds once they are accustomed to you.

In the Mika can you drive thread. Yes, i was an RN, don't plan on going back to nursing so I decided I had to stop calling myself a nurse. But I'd go back in a flash if the patient was Mika!

sorry to be complaining!

it's weird having no schedule, nothing to do, I can't recall the last time I didn't work for a whole month.

leaves me with too much time to brood, apparently!

it's going to be over 90 degrees & humid tomorrow, so a walk is probably out of the question. the heat is intolerable with this collar on,

I get Extremely Grouchy.

I'm going to try to get to sleep now,

under my animal healing circle!

goodnight.

Leona

It looks like I missed you Leona. It's horrible to be trying to recover from something if the weather is not being co-operative. And you've been trying to recover for a while now.... You're surgery was on your neck wasn't it? My dad had surgery on his face (jawline) and there was nerve involvement and they said to him that if he wasn't completely back to normal in 12 months time, then to worry that there was an issue. That surprised me I must say, but then that wasn't my area of nursing.

i missed you all of course...you owls of the night!:naughty:

my night...but yr day!

leona...be patient...take yr time....

but be firm in yr request, doctors can be so deceiving sometimes!

don't let them make a fool of yourself and your pain.

i'm sure the weather is not helping....humid can be very irritating for nerves.

coming to europeans...good morning oldlings!

the sun is shining today!:bleh:

Good morning guys... Off to work soon... Just gonna go browsing some other threads... Be back later... :)

Hi/bye Laurel - sorry couldn't chat last night but the GB fans were putting up a real fight. Hope you have a good day at work.:thumb_yello:

Hi Oldlings!

Just popping in to see how everyone is...

Leona, hope you're feeling a bit better today and that you

got some sleep!

Sorry I missed silver, and chickadee and Robi...

Will drop by a bit later to see what's going on -- must get the dog

out of the house now. It's been beastly hot the last 3 days and so he

hasn't had a proper walk -- today it's quite lovely out! :thumb_yello:

See you later!

dcdeb

Good morning everyone!

how is everyone!

life is getting so exciting!

worked more on my music ! my friend Paul from Cambridge wants me to write a song for him! and I am half way done! getting soo excited for next year!

wohhoooo!

I have a rotten stinking cold and work is crap, apart from that most things are hunky dory:naughty: What about you hun?

AWW, sorry to hear that sweetie, hope you get better soon;-)

Works non existant, as the van's in for repairs, properly this time, thank god. But my auntie wasn't well today so it's just as well.