The "First Kiss" thread

chickadee

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I have three categories for males actually. Boys, guys and men. There are some males who are in their teens and they're definitely no longer boys, but they're not men yet. Therefore I call them guys. And there are some males approaching 30 (some even older) who are still not men yet (for different reasons - attitude, maturity, physique, whatever) that I still call guys. I like guys. I'm quite comfortable with guys. Men scare me. Mika is on the border. There are times when (according to the minutiae of my mental classification system) he is a guy, and other times when he is definitely a man.

Men intimidate me too, and not in a good way. My definition of "boys" doesn't hinge on someone being in their teens--it's the way they carry themselves. There are 30-year old men that are boyish. It's hard to explain because it's not a rule thing, but... some males are men and some are boys. "Guy" to me means something different than you and goes in the "men" category. Basically, guys to me are immature men--immature in a very different sense than "boys." Boys are charming and adorable, guys are kind of crass. Anyway, my most recent ex was 23 and he always referred to himself as a "boy" and never a "man" so I think he would have agreed with me on my classification.

I was just merely stating that I knew someone who did that. I wasn't stating that I would do it or think anyone else should, to each their own, just that he must have had some huge self-control and more power to him for making it that far, having a marriage work and still be married with kids.

Oh, I didn't say you did that. I was just stating that in general, that strikes me as dangerous. And of course that doesn't mean it has to work out badly for everyone who does it, but I do feel that it would carry a high risk.

--Jack

Men intimidate me too, and not in a good way. My definition of "boys" doesn't hinge on someone being in their teens--it's the way they carry themselves. There are 30-year old men that are boyish. It's hard to explain because it's not a rule thing, but... some males are men and some are boys. "Guy" to me means something different than you and goes in the "men" category. Basically, guys to me are immature men--immature in a very different sense than "boys." Boys are charming and adorable, guys are kind of crass. Anyway, my most recent ex was 23 and he always referred to himself as a "boy" and never a "man" so I think he would have agreed with me on my classification.

For me "men" carries slightly negative connotations. "Boys" are still more open-minded and pliant but the "men" I've known are more set in their ways and they're not always good ways - often arrogant and superior and even sexist. That's the reason why I usually don't like people I classify as "men", I get along better with "boys". I don't have a "guys" category really, but if I had to it'd be a subset of "men" that are more immature but are too close-minded to be "boys". (NB my arbitrary system also isn't based on age.)

OK, I see, that many people are talking about their first real kiss.

My 1st real kiss was.. hem... about year ago :blush-anim-cl:

I was at my friend's party, and we were playing... bottle.

Do you know this game? It's really... wOw. :naughty:

We were playing, and playing, and playing [about 10 minutes :roftl: ], but nothing interesting happened. Only girl+girl and boy+boy...

Than my friend said 'Enough! Now boys gonna kiss girls, and girls gonna kiss boys! OK?!' [she was really mad. I don't know why...]

We started to chuckle... And than one boy said 'OK. I'm in.'. I laughed: 'I don't believe you. You are not going to kiss any of us, 'cause you're too coward.'

Everybody started to laugh... He looked at me very strange and whispered 'You think so?..'. And than... OMG...

We were sitting on the floor opposite each other. He moved nearer to me and than... God, it was so amazing. Our lips touched very softly. Everybody was looking at us, but we don't care... I was in heaven! :wub2:

That kiss lasted ~2 minutes. I think that it was long.

When we ended kissing, our friends started applaud... I was really blushed.

But it wasn't shame blush. It was pleasure blush!

I really want to repeat it. :thumb_yello:

And the taste of the kiss... It was very sugary. 'Cause we were eating sugar donuts or something... :wink2:

For me "men" carries slightly negative connotations. "Boys" are still more open-minded and pliant but the "men" I've known are more set in their ways and they're not always good ways - often arrogant and superior and even sexist. That's the reason why I usually don't like people I classify as "men", I get along better with "boys". I don't have a "guys" category really, but if I had to it'd be a subset of "men" that are more immature but are too close-minded to be "boys". (NB my arbitrary system also isn't based on age.)

So I think we more or less agree on this. :thumb_yello: Except for me, men can also be a positive classification--you know, old fashioned "real man" in terms of being responsible, knowledgeable, and with a strong sense of honor and moral compass, but not necessarily macho at all. You know, think Gregory Peck in To Kill A Mockingbird or John Wayne (which is more macho, but I mean this type of "man" doesn't have to be an elegant intellectual either). I respect those men, but I would still rather date boys.

--Jack

Yep, that's what I meant. :thumb_yello:

But, I'm getting to an age where boys are frustratingly immature more often than not.

And they don't seem to have an inkling about what it means to be a man.

*sigh*

Yes, very OT. Well done team!! :naughty:

So I think we more or less agree on this. :thumb_yello: Except for me, men can also be a positive classification--you know, old fashioned "real man" in terms of being responsible, knowledgeable, and with a strong sense of honor and moral compass, but not necessarily macho at all. You know, think Gregory Peck in To Kill A Mockingbird or John Wayne (which is more macho, but I mean this type of "man" doesn't have to be an elegant intellectual either). I respect those men, but I would still rather date boys.

--Jack

I agree theoretically but practically I've yet to meet many that belong to that class of "man" so that's why my definition is biased.

very interesting theories about boys/guys/men...

I agree, very much, with this:

I think I prefer to date a boy who can be a man when needed.

but, lately, it seems that's too much to ask:boxed:

very interesting theories about boys/guys/men...

I agree, very much, with this:

but, lately, it seems that's too much to ask:boxed:

yeah :thumbdown:

Most of the boys/guys/men are total showoffs, and macho. But when it comes down to it they fail miserably. :blink:

OK, I see, that many people are talking about their first real kiss.

My 1st real kiss was.. hem... about year ago :blush-anim-cl:

I was at my friend's party, and we were playing... bottle.

Do you know this game? It's really... wOw. :naughty:

We were playing, and playing, and playing [about 10 minutes :roftl: ], but nothing interesting happened. Only girl+girl and boy+boy...

Than my friend said 'Enough! Now boys gonna kiss girls, and girls gonna kiss boys! OK?!' [she was really mad. I don't know why...]

We started to chuckle... And than one boy said 'OK. I'm in.'. I laughed: 'I don't believe you. You are not going to kiss any of us, 'cause you're too coward.'

Everybody started to laugh... He looked at me very strange and whispered 'You think so?..'. And than... OMG...

We were sitting on the floor opposite each other. He moved nearer to me and than... God, it was so amazing. Our lips touched very softly. Everybody was looking at us, but we don't care... I was in heaven! :wub2:

That kiss lasted ~2 minutes. I think that it was long.

When we ended kissing, our friends started applaud... I was really blushed.

But it wasn't shame blush. It was pleasure blush!

I really want to repeat it. :thumb_yello:

And the taste of the kiss... It was very sugary. 'Cause we were eating sugar donuts or something... :wink2:

Ah, that was very sweet! (Forgive the pun!)

--Jack

I'm 36 now. Because to me boys are children and teenagers, I'm finding it really hard to fit this conversation into my mental mindset and not feel like a cradle-snatcher or worse! LOL! But I loved your description of the awkwardness of boys and I still find that desperately appealing. I don't necessarily want smooth and suave, a cocksure man of the world. That makes me wonder if there is anything we could still discover together. I like the enthusiasm that a lot of boys have. They're still up for attacking life full on.

I'm 36 now. Because to me boys are children and teenagers, I'm finding it really hard to fit this conversation into my mental mindset and not feel like a cradle-snatcher or worse! LOL! But I loved your description of the awkwardness of boys and I still find that desperately appealing. I don't necessarily want smooth and suave, a cocksure man of the world. That makes me wonder if there is anything we could still discover together. I like the enthusiasm that a lot of boys have. They're still up for attacking life full on.

Eh, ask Christine, it's all about the cradle snatching! :naughty: Thanks to lovely ladies like her and a few others I know, I am reassured that you can totally date 24 year olds into your late 30s and beyond. It might be a generation thing, too. I don't want to date teenagers (ew), but guys in their 20s are still pretty much "boys" to me.

And as Twatty and I were saying, older men can be boyish too. Like, Hugh Grant. I don't know what he's actually like of course, but his screen persona is one that's boyish despite being 40. Or, this guy and his lovely beloved:

2556357753_fa5f244191.jpg

2426238109_dcdcc989b4.jpg?v=0

2426160900_2f9936994e.jpg?v=0

They're adorable, and to me, he's totally a "boy" and she's a "girl," even though they're in their 30s.

Also, I don't know if you have the show "Pushing Daisies" in Australia, but there too, the leads are 31-32 and as they're acted, totally a boy and girl.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgqwqfyQKU&feature=related

--Jack

Eh, ask Christine, it's all about the cradle snatching! :naughty: Thanks to lovely ladies like her and a few others I know, I am reassured that you can totally date 24 year olds into your late 30s and beyond. It might be a generation thing, too. I don't want to date teenagers (ew), but guys in their 20s are still pretty much "boys" to me.

And as Twatty and I were saying, older men can be boyish too. Like, Hugh Grant. I don't know what he's actually like of course, but his screen persona is one that's boyish despite being 40. Or, this guy and his lovely beloved:

They're adorable, and to me, he's totally a "boy" and she's a "girl," even though they're in their 30s.

Also, I don't know if you have the show "Pushing Daisies" in Australia, but there too, the leads are 31-32 and as they're acted, totally a boy and girl.

--Jack

Hugh Grant's screen persona is a good example. I don't think we have the show 'Pushing Daisies' in Australia, but that video was interesting. Who are the people in the photos, btw? I couldn't recognise them.

Hugh Grant's screen persona is a good example. I don't think we have the show 'Pushing Daisies' in Australia, but that video was interesting. Who are the people in the photos, btw? I couldn't recognise them.

Ohhhh, you should watch it. ABC's website has some episodes! It's so cute.

The people are just some other people I kinda know online. :bleh: No one you'd recognize.

--Jack

--Jack

You're not supposed to encourage me in my cradle-snatching tendencies! I've had some very inappropriate crushes!

I'm not so sure about Hugh Grant. He can be boyish, but he can still be fairly suave and smooth, even if he's not quite so cocksure. I think I'd plonk him in guy territory for me.

That clip was great. I loved the dialogue, the delivery and the timing even though I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. And that guy (Ned) is so cute!.... I've got this weird feeling I've seen him somewhere before... and yet I don't think I have. I think it's just cos he reminds me a bit of Jake Gyllenhaal in "The Day After Tomorrow".