Mika in Beirut - Beiteddine and BAALBECK Festival

racha

This has been posted before in "News" section. I think it is worth adding it to gigs to get a clear idea who is attending and give people a thread to discuss where to meet, where to buy tickets and to write reports.

http://www.baalbeck.org.lb/prog.asp?lng=en

Sunday July 27th 2008

Mika

Pop Concert In Co-Production with Beiteddine Festival & 2U2C

Martyr's Square

Mika is the new genius of pop music. Born in Beirut to a Lebanese mother and living in London, he writes his own lyrics and music. He is often compared to Robbie Williams, Scissor Sisters and Freddy Mercury. His first album «Life in Cartoon Motion» introduces such songs as « Grace Kelly», « Relax, Take it Easy» and « Love Today» and has beaten all records in Europe and the United States. His music is fabulous. His four-octaves voice drives the crowd wild.

mikadss.jpg

The rest of the program will be announced soon.

Tickets are not yet availbale online but will be soon on http://www.ticketingboxoffice.com/Default.asp

I will keep you updated.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nrjlebanon.com/events/concerts_index.php

MIKA IN BEIRUT

Mika_small.jpg

Beiteddine Festival in collaboration with Baalbeck Festival & NRJ - July 27

MIKA

Mika wants to set the bar for fantastical, 3 dimensional pop at his own height. Which is over 6’ and statuesquely sculptured, since you ask.

Welcome to his world: where some louche dilettante is throwing the greatest party in the universe and everyone is invited under his very own cherry moon. Mika is a songwriter, performer, producer and orchestrator and he has unleashed his debut album to the world. Both astonishingly musical and profoundly thoughtful, his tunes combine a heady euphoric rush with darker unexpected elements: daytime melodramas and night-time tales of love, loss, abandonment, hope and happiness. They all jostle together for attention, each one a pure pop golden nugget.

Mika is a true young internationalist.

Born in Beirut in the middle of the 80s, Mika’s family soon found themselves having to move to Paris at the height of the war. When his father was subsequently taken hostage and held at the American embassy in Kuwait the family eventually settled in London. An inevitably turbulent experience for our young hero, he found himself bereft, lost in the chasm of a displaced upbringing. “It was the combination of moving as well as a horrible time I had at school in the first few years of living in London that lead me to forget how to read and write, and stop talking for a little while. I was pulled out of school for over six months; in order to sort my self out and find a new school. This is when music really became important. It got me back on my feet.” He says now that by the age of 9 he knew that songwriting was his destiny. The electric performances that would win over some of the most hardened musical ears on the planet would come later.

A self-taught piano virtuoso, gymnastic vocalist and born entertainer, Mika has music in his bones and at a prodigiously young age he was ready to show out and let go. Mika wasn’t hunched over a radio under his bedclothes or seduced by the glitz of "Top of the Pop’s" on the TV screen when he had his first performance awakenings. Instead, he was catapulted onto the stage of a Richard Strauss opera at 11. After near complete social exclusion at school - “I wish I could say I was a self-imposed loner but it was imposed on me” - this was a life he fell in love with, instantly: “It was a magical world that you could live in. A parallel universe for people that is illusory and enchanting and amazing.”

For the last 12 years of his life he has followed his maxim of a parallel universe to its natural conclusion and is now presenting his dynamic, idiosyncratic and unashamedly personal debut album. “I grew up listening to every thing from Joan Baez and Dylan, to Serge Gainsbourg and Flamenco. My musical tastes have become more eclectic as I’ve got older, but I'm always going back to great artist songwriters, people who make great records to their own vision. Prince, Harry Nillson, Elton John, even Michael Jackson. These people make amazing pop records that couldn’t be performed by anybody else and that’s what I always wanted to do.”

Unfortunately we still don't have the RSVP function working, but you can post about this gig here.

Please remember that we still don't have OFFICIAL confirmation of this show, but since so many places are reporting it, we have to assume that it is going to happen...

dcdeb

http://www.naharnet.com/domino/tn/Gu...5?OpenDocument

Mika

Ticket Prices :

LL. 300.000 (around USD 200)

LL. 225.000

LL. 150.000 (around USD 100)

LL. 60.000

http://www.naharnet.com/domino/tn/Gu...ddine+Festival

wow.... :shocked: he's going pricey.. or better, the festival organisers are.. :wink2:

well, i hope for middle eastern people (blond or not :bleh:) this is true :thumb_yello:

The expensive ones might be the VIP section..

there are cheaper options.. the variety on pricing is normal in Lebanon and Dubai.. people pay the same prices for local talents sometimes.. I know my friends paid the same to see Fairuz in Dubai

speaking of the "blond" ones.. here's a testimony from a none Lebanese who just came back from there:roftl:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1511026&postcount=993

:naughty:

oh, as ya know, never said I don't believe there are no blond lebanese. :bleh: I also still believe mika still looks lebanese, and I mean it as a compliment. :wink2:

wow.... :shocked: he's going pricey.. or better, the festival organisers are.. :wink2:

well, i hope for middle eastern people (blond or not :bleh:) this is true :thumb_yello:

the price is from 30 to 150 euros.

for the blond people, my dad is blond (now grey) and my grand father was blond with green eyes:bleh:

u really should visit lebanon;)

the price is from 30 to 150 euros.

for the blond people, my dad is blond (now grey) and my grand father was blond with green eyes:bleh:

u really should visit lebanon;)

oh I know I should sometimes. :bleh: I just have no money for it now, esp. on the the verge of leaving for hols and after two other mika gigs in the same month :bleh:

Did you look at the price of a flight in July ( from Lyon to Beirout)? Impossible...

In fact , at the beginning, i had understood the show was located at Baalbek , a such wonderful place, but there is no airport;

Anyway: too expensive for me and may be dangerous, but i am in holidays , what a pity....

Who goes?

oh, lol yeah thanks i'm not really into forums but i was googling the mika show in beirut because someone told me about it and found this site :) out of curiosity tho what 'zone' did you choose? and thanks again for the info! :D

Well I'll not be going.thought I would but I leave Lebanon on 27th and even if I was there I don't think I could comfortably pay those prices, I could afford it but with a VIP ticket costing about the same as the basic monthly wage in Lebanon I wouldn't feel right paying that for a concert while my family could live off that amount for quite a while. Wonder why the tickets are so expensive compared to the last tour here.

So it is all stations go then??

This is great news. Looking forward to hearing all about it! I bet the Pennimans will make it a "let's visit family" summer holiday thing too, so they will probably all be there for this gig! All the cousins and aunts and uncles in Lebanon:naughty: Should be quite a show!

I am like that as well... at least in this gig you can pay for the comfort of an assigned seat..

Yeah,guess its swings and roundabouts, still a lot of money,but so is Down Town, although I am determined to go have a coffee in one of the cafes this year, even if it does cost $15 :D

That's Lebanon...everything has a price :naughty::blink:

So it is all stations go then??

This is great news. Looking forward to hearing all about it! I bet the Pennimans will make it a "let's visit family" summer holiday thing too, so they will probably all be there for this gig! All the cousins and aunts and uncles in Lebanon:naughty: Should be quite a show!

Exactly:naughty:...that must be something...

I am sure it will be a special show, the location is central and amazing...

:thumb_yello:

To be honest, that is what frustrates me the most!!! if it would have been the Biel i wouldn't have cared that much....

but with all the meaning and the symbol that have this place:

Mika+ Martyrs'Square= MAGIC!

I am like that as well... at least in this gig you can pay for the comfort of an assigned seat..

In his other gigs it was all about who stands in the Q longer, and who pushes and runs faster when the doors open

Yeah but that's what makes the gig ''spicy'' :naughty: anyway my mom bought me my ticket yesterday but i dunno which one...not the 30$ one but surely not the 200$ either ! :boxed: she told me that the virgin megastore was literally assaulted the first day the tickets started being on sale :naughty: i wonder if they'll let us sneak at the rehersal before the opening of the doors :bleh:

there is another type of a standing ticket which is the golden cage for USD 150 .. and another type of seated tickets (other than the VIP) for USD 100..

I highly doubt they will allow anyone to hear the sound check, but the good news is that it is outdoors in downtown, so you can sit in any of the restaurants or coffee shops and still hear a bit (I think)..

I have many friends coming with me to Beirut that weekend and I have to show them around, so I don't think we will be going there early... we will arrive right before the gig starts.. it's a very short visit for me..

I'll definitely want to do that :thumb_yello: I'm going with a few friends of mine (the remaining friends in lebanon) , I will take the plane on the 14th of July...it will cost me...1280$ :shocked:I was shoked I mean I know we are in a high season but i mean going from france to egypt or turkey costs less than going from france to lebanon !! :boxed: how fair is that ? and there are hardly any place left...it's not as if the planes were empty :sneaky2: