How did you find the MFC?

chickadee

In May 2007, i went to my son's year end show at his school. On the program, it said that a girl was going to sing a song called "Grace Kelly". For some reason, i thought it would be some jazzy kinda song and i was NOT looking forward to hearing it. I'm not a jazz fan. So the girl gets on stage and starts singing. She did a pretty good job of it and to my surprise, i really liked the song!

So after the show, i asked my son if he had ever heard that song before and he said oh yes, i've heard it 10000 time. When we got home, he called me to his room and showed me the song on youtube. I'm not sure from which show it was, but some of you will know. it's the one with the stage up in the air & he is wearing blue pants & and orange t-shirt.

Well, i was SHOCKED! :boxed: a man sang the song!!!! so my son told me his name was Mika and that he had a few other songs that were popular.

After that, curiousity got the best of me and i listened to a few songs on youtube & i found his myspace page. I was surprised that i knew one of his songs, but didn't realise he sang it (love today, phone commercial)

Then i googled him & saw that he had a fan club. I was surprised that i could read in here without actually being a member. I thought there was no point in becoming a member either, as i never planned on posting here, i am not the fan club/message board kinda girl. But i did read alot. Then i noticed that you all seem like nice people and that maybe i should join, but i still didn't plan on posting. And here we are, 10 months later and over 2000 posts lol i like it here! :wub2: And for the record... i blame it on Mika! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah baby same here:naughty:

actually i would like to tell my story but my limited english doesn't let me.

these are the key words:

"me,MTV EMA's,grace kelly,google,youtube,babs&sou,mikafanclub....register,"

can somebody make a lovely story for me:blush-anim-cl:

EDIT:feel free to use your imagination:bleh:

oh by the way it was a warm november night :naughty:

You really don't need to fill it out, it makes perfectly sense with the key words!

I think we all been there, done it etc.....:roftl:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wouldnt change you for the world my little Scottish pal :wub2:

Cause I'm a picker

I'm a grinner

I'm a lover

And I'm a sinner

I play my music in the sun

I recognize those words but i can't place them, is it from a song?:wink2:

You really don't need to fill it out, it makes perfectly sense with the key words!

I think we been there, done it etc.....:roftl:

Cause I'm a picker

I'm a grinner

I'm a lover

And I'm a sinner

Ohh yes see I have you thinking :wink2:

Its the Joker . play my music in the sunnnnnnnnnnnn

I think we all been there, done it etc.....:roftl:

Cause I'm a picker

I'm a grinner

I'm a lover

And I'm a sinner

glad you understand something:naughty:

ps:THE STEVE MILLER - The Joker

yeah baby same here

actually i would like to tell my story but my limited english doesn't let me.

these are the key words:

"me,MTV EMA's,grace kelly,google,youtube,babs&sou,mikafanclub....register,"

can somebody make a lovely story for me

EDIT:feel free to use your imagination

oh by the way it was a warm november night :naughty:

:lmfao: I love your story!

I have same problem when I want to tell something longer, and it never come to my mind just to give key words :naughty: Clever :thumb_yello:

I found this site in November, could be influenced by EMAs too :naughty:

When I was searching for Mika first time it was, I'm not sure, maybe May or June, I found mikasounds, I didn't like it that much so I didn't even searched anything further...and than in November, I don't know what have happened, it really could be EMAs, searched again and found MFC :wub2: I liked it instantly, but I had some troubles with internet connection so I had to wait till next month...registered in December... here ever since...with no plans to leave.:blush-anim-cl:

My story is similar to yours chikadee :wink2: though it's not much of a story lol :naughty:

I just decided to google mika fansite cos I was looking for some pics of him :blush-anim-cl: and low and behold guess what popped up in front of me :mf_lustslow: (err..this place :naughty:)

It was only 4 days after I had been converted (after I'd seen him live) I had really done a lot of Mika lovin' in those 4 days :naughty: and I felt at home here almost immediately :wub2:

My story:

I first joined Mikasounds, then Mika Fan Club shortly after. (Thank gawd for Google) and I actually didn't post here much until a long time after i joined (probably the beginning of July) I mostly stalked because

1. this place is much bigger than the other forum, i was scared

2. its fun stalking

so, boring story :lmao:

Okayyyy....

Heard Grace Kelly in a queue at our local level crossing (think it was 12th of January 2007,and I dunno why,but i knew it was a man)then saw the video about umpteen times on TMI(saturday morning show).Liked it.Also heard Love Today on the 7th of May (which was coincidentally,when i bought my last Tamagotchi), and I saw him perform at Glastonbury June 30th(or 23rd).Got a bit freaked out by the song(Big Girl) and the fact he was waving his...backside at the camera.:shocked: (Dad said:"It's not real, mate" when he was singing to/at the inflatable)

Heard a teensy bit of Happy Ending,then heard most of it properly at my birthday party (the video came on the screen at the bowling alley.).I had more fondness for this one and got the ringtone so I could listen to it when it wasn't on the radio(which I scouted thorughly)because I didn't have a laptop or an mp3 then.Heard Relax ,which my dad likes 'cos it sounds like Home Comforts.(?)And saw some of the vid for Lollipop.

Got the laptop and mp3 for Xmas and spent most of my Auntie's Boxing Day party downloading tunes off Uncle Martin's 'puter.Got into him, but didn't like to see pictures, otherwise I went bright red and didn't go near any of his songs for two days (now THAT's shyness)

Brit Awards:Popped into the living room to drop off empty plate, heard him do the long part of "lover" then went off for a VERY fast (for me) shower and saw the award acceptance speech and the backstage chat whilst trying not to turn tomato-faced.

Chatted about him on forums and such (forever noticing there was always some EVIL comments.Real-life example:LOOK MA,NO NUT SACK:thumbdown:)

Then I found this place,where I knew that everyone liked him,and it was always a good place to see pictures too.

I love your story!

I have same problem when I want to tell something longer, and it never come to my mind just to give key words :naughty: Clever :thumb_yello:

I found this site in November, could be influenced by EMAs too :naughty:

When I was searching for Mika first time it was, I'm not sure, maybe May or June, I found mikasounds, I didn't like it that much so I didn't even searched anything further...and than in November, I don't know what have happened, it really could be EMAs, searched again and found MFC I liked it instantly, but I had some troubles with internet connection so I had to wait till next month...registered in December... here ever since...with no plans to leave.:blush-anim-cl:

:shocked:

you forgot to say if it was a hot or cold night:sneaky2:

that's the most important part of the story:naughty:

after seeing MIKA at the grammys (I didn't realy know who he was, I only had Grace Kelly and Love today for his music) I thought he had cool style and everything!! :blush-anim-cl: so I searched him and then I clicked on 'MIKA's fan' for suggestions then MIKA Fan Club came up!! :thumb_yello:

and now I'm obesessed! :naughty::bleh:

:)

Let me think... I remember it was january 2007, I heard some singer called Mika on tv. Totally digged his voice so I went researching online... Couldn't really find anything actually. I clicked on the only pic there was with th e google results:naughty: and there was the mfc site... I started lurking around for a few weeks. I'm not the kind that would just go and join some forum, surely not a fanclub!

But then I had the cd and stuff and couldn't deny any longer that I was a total fan, so I decided to join :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi thereee,

thankyou! And i knew Mika since a year or so and since then i loooove it.

In the beginning i thought he was really unique and a bit strange,

but then i became a mikafan. :mf_rosetinted:

First I saw a video on youtube that he has a Fanclub.

I was wondering which one, so i searched on the internet,

and then i found The MFC. :thumb_yello:

I really wanted to be member of this and so i registered.

After a couple of minutes i became member, :cool:

so MFC is complete new for me..

My English is not really good but i'm trying &

i hope that i'll understand the MFC soon too!

:wink2: