Freddies English Teaching Course

Yep, I noticed that, too. Lily Allen does it a lot for example.

'She's goh an alright job boh it's noh a career....':roftl:

Noticed it with other British singers as well. I think Adele does it, too. Also Kate Nash.

Mika does it at times... '...boh... ah...' (but I) :roftl:

Exactly what I meant!:roftl:

:roftl:

:naughty: yes

i guess it's younger generations thing

Funny isn't it?

Do you mean estuary English?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estuary_English

Thank you, very educational!:naughty:

Ahh, thanks for that link! :flowers2:

I will look a bit more into it when I'm less drunk. :roftl:

But "Yod-coalescence", that's probably what is responsible for the chicket confusion, right? :naughty:

I'll have to read it again when I have my intelligent head on! The explanations looked complicated. :naughty:

I might see if I can find a simplifed version......:cool:

Ahh, thanks for that link! :flowers2:

I will look a bit more into it when I'm less drunk. :roftl:

But "Yod-coalescence", that's probably what is responsible for the chicket confusion, right? :naughty:

You are so smart that it makes me all exhausted!:naughty:

And this while you're tipsy?:sweatdrop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"To believe something good about someone, rather than something bad, when you have the possibility of doing either. After hearing his explanation, I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt."

"To believe something good about someone, rather than something bad, when you have the possibility of doing either. After hearing his explanation, I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt."

Ah!

Thank you, now I get it!:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone please tell me what "temp" means? In sense of job position or occupation, something like that. Thanks:wink2:

It's temporary, like a substitute!

It's temporary, like a substitute!

thanks Sienna :wink2: I was thinking it might be temporary, but it didn't fit in the context :blink: It was like it's some particular job. But, if there's no job named like that I was wrong, obviously.

thanks Sienna :wink2: I was thinking it might be temporary, but it didn't fit in the context :blink: It was like it's some particular job. But, if there's no job named like that I was wrong, obviously.

Well, as you know I am not a native English speaker, maybe we should wait for one to show up?

I don't know if the word might have several meanings!:wink2:

Could someone please tell me what "temp" means? In sense of job position or occupation, something like that. Thanks:wink2:

Maybe.. Temperature? Well, English isn't my first language too, so please don't pay much attention to it if it's wrong. :naughty:

It does mean temporary. Usually for instance companies will use an agency for temporary staff when a regular member of staff is on leave, maternity leave or when they are just really busy.

In my company we use temps and if they are good, they are often offered a permanent position.

Also with temp agencies in the UK, the agency actually employs you and pays you for the work you do.

Does this make sense?

So you could be working in more than one company in a week for instance, some companies make a booking for weeks at a time, but some just need help for a day or so.

So most temp positions are through agencies, but sometimes the company itself will advertise for a temp position, like shops before Christmas to cope with the rush etc. You may start in December and cover all of the Christmas period when it is extra busy and then finish once the rush is over, so just a short term position.

Edited by babspanky

thank you very much for the explanation :flowers2:

yes it's much more clearer to me now, those temp agencies are not very common in here (or at least I don't know about them) so I didn't understand it at first, but now it does make sense. Thank you.