Freddies English Teaching Course

What does "heses" means?

A trolls parents?:blink:

Ah - but if you are referring to parent(heses), it's a play on words - parent (father or mother) and parentheses, which is another word for brackets like these ( ), because there was a joke in that thread about trolls and punctuation marks.

Ah - but if you are referring to parent(heses), it's a play on words - parent (father or mother) and parentheses, which is another word for brackets like these ( ), because there was a joke in that thread about trolls and punctuation marks.

Ah thank you!:thumb_yello:

This so funny, yes I got it from that thread!

I love the English language with all this little jokes and play upon words!:wub2:

• 2 months later...

Greta, can you give another sentence with the tart in it, at the moment it does not mean anything to me.

To be taken down a peg (or two) is to put someone in their place.

To lower a person's pride a little. Make them humble.

For instance if you think someone is speaking out of turn you might want to take them down a peg or two.

Or if I am very bossy, you might say I need taking down a peg or two. (:wink2:)

hey! i got a B in my english class this semester! im happy cause i was scared i would fail! LOL! :punk:

lol, never fear failure. Always think positively. I lecture people at school for doubting themselves. =] Congrats on your mark! =]

That said, I also got a B in English. I believe the teacher's comment went something like this- "Eliza-Jane has made a marked improvement in this subject due to her dedicated work ethic" :lmfao: She doesn't know that I do my assignments the night before and sometimes the morning that they are due... :naughty:

lol, never fear failure. Always think positively. I lecture people at school for doubting themselves. =] Congrats on your mark! =]

That said, I also got a B in English. I believe the teacher's comment went something like this- "Eliza-Jane has made a marked improvement in this subject due to her dedicated work ethic" :lmfao: She doesn't know that I do my assignments the night before and sometimes the morning that they are due... :naughty:

Ah, school!:naughty:

And when you read a thing like that as a child you take it very literally, you don't understand the use of nuances enough and than you make the interpretation that it is false…and voila…you got first lesson in hypocrisy!:roftl:

You see 2 years on the MFC ... works wounders :wink2:

OMG 2 years :shocked: I'll have been on the MFC for 2 years in February! Gosh!

Can someone explain what "spray on the glitter" means?

Spray on the glitter, I would say, just means "make it as good as possible"

Can someone explain what "spray on the glitter" means?

OMG 2 years :shocked: I'll have been on the MFC for 2 years in February! Gosh!

Spray on the glitter, I would say, just means "make it as good as possible"

yeah spray on the glitter just kinda means to make something bigger, better, sparklier, more amazing etc etc... if you get what I mean :punk: I guess it could be taken other ways too though:blink::naughty:

Okay, I haven't read throught he whole thread, and maybe this has been asked before, but what is the difference between "then" and "than"? :blush-anim-cl:

I'll give you some examples, maybe then i'll be more clearly:

"she was a student then" "you know her better than I do"

Okay, I haven't read throught he whole thread, and maybe this has been asked before, but what is the difference between "then" and "than"? :blush-anim-cl:

"than" is used when you are comparing things - he was bigger than me.

"then" relates to time and or an action you do later - first do this, then do that;

I finished school,then I went shopping