Francis Rodino has kidnapped Luke Juby!

Francis Rodino

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to MFC! And yes, you've been duly warned; be nice to Luke, he's mad talented and much loved.

I like your flavour of music - Walk With Me has a certain je ne sias quoi that I'm quite enjoying. Do you write music as well as perform it? Also pretty cool that you've got a few of the tracks available for download.

I'm intrigued by sellaband.com - I'd never heard of it before. One can argue that MySpace revolutionized the way music is shared with fans, but this is on a whole new level. It's brilliant really - and very carefully crafted, by the looks of things, on both the part of the artists and the believers. I wonder how Big Music Labels feel about the sort of change that's happening in terms of how the Internet is shaping the music industry.

Big labels are either dead or dying. Seriously folk, the music industry is changing. It'a all about 2 things: the artist, and the music lover. We can "work" with our fans directly now, we're in business together. That's exactly what I did with Sellaband. My fans financed my album, and they will share in the profits. That way,everyone is responsible for marketing and promotion, and it's great because I get to have a "real" friendship with my fans and there is not middleman filtering it out.

Sooo, what happens if an artist is on sellaband and Big Muisc comes a knockin' with big plans and big dollar signs? I wonder if that sort of thing happens with any frequency...?

That's the idea entirely. Sellaband is not a traditional label.It's in their interest that an artists gets picked up moves on to a major label. They own a % of publishing rights on the songs, so they stand to gain if and artist/song is successful.

Ooh, I'm impressed; that's a brilliant display of targeting one's message to his particular audience. What a perfect thing to say to a captive audience full of music lovers. Kudos! :thumb_yello:

thank you lollipop! well, this is just me being me. I'm very active with my music community, and my fans (many of which are also my friends) are an integral part of how I make music. This is my way. And I'm glad you appreciate it! Gradually I'm going to be releasing lots of content exclusively to e-team members of my website(http://www.francisrodino.com) so stay tuned for more stories and adventures of Me, Luke and the rest of the band..

well you guys have so many questions! and you're nice folk :-)

but you're right - I need to get into the studio. there's an album to make - and rock cannot wait...

Guess you're not as likely to get stuck on MFC instead of working as the rest of us :naughty: Do stop by in your coffee breaks though....do you have coffee breaks? :blink: Guess coffee isn't that rock 'n' roll :boxed::bleh:

back again Francis? You're addicted already :naughty:

Oh, he is..:bleh:

well you guys have so many questions! and you're nice folk :-)

but you're right - I need to get into the studio. there's an album to make - and rock cannot wait...

Good luck with the album!

And we heard lots of good things about you trhough Luke, including what a nice guy you are, so we're all excited.

Oh and you may want to change your custom title to something else than "Mika Groupie":naughty:...Or not...Your choice:bleh:

Guess you're not as likely to get stuck on MFC instead of working as the rest of us

Do stop by in your coffee breaks though....do you have coffee breaks? :blink: Guess coffee isn't that rock 'n' roll :boxed::bleh:

Depends on the mug I guess?:naughty:

He's Luke Juby's Kidnapper now. :roftl:

:roftl::roftl: hilarious

Actually, your voice and style remind me a bit of 2 artists:

-A Spanish guy called Sergio Dalma, who I would not expect you to know:naughty:.

-The Italian singer Zuchero.

For me it has a touch of 'Sister Hazel' (not expecting anyone to know them as well, but you should :thumb_yello:)

Hey Franny (Can I call ya Franny? :roftl:) how'd ya find us anyway? Did Luke tell ya 'bout us?

Franny? No way! cuz you're cool you can call me Fran :-)

yes, indeed Luke and I were chatting about the forum the other day so I though I'd stop by and introduce myself..

I promise I will be there, we have lots of fans in Germany - but first, we have an album to finish! ;-)

Don't forget Finland! Mika hasn't been to Finland, but Luke has! That's what he told me. I don't know what he was doing here, but he's welcome again... and so are you! Welcome to the forum as well. :thumb_yello:

Franny? No way! cuz you're cool you can call me Fran :-)

yes, indeed Luke and I were chatting about the forum the other day so I though I'd stop by and introduce myself..

:naughty: :naughty: and mighty nice of you to do that :thumb_yello:

EDIT: :lmao: I see you changed your user title :roftl:

Don't forget Finland! Mika hasn't been to Finland, but Luke has! That's what he told me. I don't know what he was doing here, but he's welcome again... and so are you! Welcome to the forum as well. :thumb_yello:

Probably nothing good anyway:bleh::roftl:

(Sorry Luke, jokie):thumb_yello: