The Australian Thread: Part Fourteen

Rainbow Sky

Oh Yay!! Theme parks are awesome.

Yeah it was pretty exciting. It was more some kind of castle-world or something with all different mini-castles and mini golf and some other stuff. The gate was open and I didn't see any signs telling me to keep out :fisch:

But it was completely graffitied and wrecked by youths :rolls_eyes: and I'd been there about 10 minutes before I realised I've been there when it was open, when I was like 7 :doh: It had a swimming pool shaped like Australia :naughty: But it wasn't there anymore :blink:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And omg, you know I was dying to have that viva la vida song? Pink totally sent it to me! She burnt a bunch of cds for me like a week ago, so before I even became addicted to it, and I was playing one today and was just like :jawdrop::groovy:

Also, I had a fantastic adventure today. I hate driving home in my break just to drive back for a 30 min shift in the afternoon so I decided to stay and explore around Halls Head/Mandurah. Of course, it was horrific weather today, but it stopped raining occasionally, and I discovered lots of exciting things :biggrin2: most notably: a run down theme park :biggrin2:

We used to go to something when we were on holidays down at Mandurah when I was a kid, but I don't think it would have been the same thing. The thing we went to was more portable than a theme park but I can't remember what you call them. Like a small carnival/show type thing.

I'm looking forward to this members introductory thread :roftl::naughty:

Hahahaha! I saw their name in the index list just before I came in here and had to look at their page! Awaiting activation!

We used to go to something when we were on holidays down at Mandurah when I was a kid, but I don't think it would have been the same thing. The thing we went to was more portable than a theme park but I can't remember what you call them. Like a small carnival/show type thing.

Hmm, there's Kings Carnival on the waterfront, it's got a ferris wheel? It's not portable though :naughty: I've only been there once or twice when I was about 7 or 8 and I was just about to go and see if it was free to get into (after inspecting some sort of new war memorial - I had an exciting/exploratory day :naughty:) when it started pouring rain, so maybe next time :bleh:

This other place is in Halls Head and from memory it had mini golf, go-karts, an australia-shaped pool and all these castle-things :naughty:

Hahahaha! I saw their name in the index list just before I came in here and had to look at their page! Awaiting activation!

Stalker :rolls_eyes:

I went to the gym this afternoon and all it did was prove just how unfit I've become: my heart rate was at 160 just while power walking when a year ago I used to be at 160 while jogging. And I no longer fit into half of the clothes in my wardrobe. It's very disappointing. :thumbdown:

So no Nandos for you on friday (if we were going to get Nandos that is)

Actually, I've been meaning to try their vegeburger for ages but never got around to it. :das:

Nando's is convenient since it's right next door to the cinema. But we can eat elsewhere if you want, there are plenty of places in and around Melbourne Central.

Homemade cakes and stuff like that is easy to make vegan, but just the thought of like ... general cookies and snacks is :boxed::naughty:

Excuse me but the words 'easy' and 'home made cakes' never go together. :naughty:

Hmm, there's Kings Carnival on the waterfront, it's got a ferris wheel? It's not portable though :naughty: I've only been there once or twice when I was about 7 or 8 and I was just about to go and see if it was free to get into (after inspecting some sort of new war memorial - I had an exciting/exploratory day :naughty:) when it started pouring rain, so maybe next time :bleh:

This other place is in Halls Head and from memory it had mini golf, go-karts, an australia-shaped pool and all these castle-things :naughty:

Stalker :rolls_eyes:

It's probably Kings Carnival, as it was on the waterfront and did have a ferris wheel. I know it wasn't portable, but it seemed more portable than a theme park where there are large rides and concrete "attractions" (like the dinosaurs at one theme park down near Merimbula in NSW).

Oh and I'm not a stalker. I'm just curious :fisch:

I went to the gym this afternoon and all it did was prove just how unfit I've become: my heart rate was at 160 just while power walking when a year ago I used to be at 160 while jogging. And I no longer fit into half of the clothes in my wardrobe. It's very disappointing. :thumbdown:

Excuse me but the words 'easy' and 'home made cakes' never go together. :naughty:

But they do go together. I keep trying to tell you all. I find cakes so much easier to make than a slice for instance. Slice and me just don't work.

Oh, that reminds me, i have to write you out that cake recipe Kelz.

Nice How did you find this? Stalker

*points down* :roftl:

:thumb_yello:

Awww. I do know how that feels. You've never seen photos of me from 3 years ago before I took up Karate.. :fisch:

Nando's is convenient since it's right next door to the cinema. But we can eat elsewhere if you want, there are plenty of places in and around Melbourne Central.

As long as I can stomach it.. I can't eat spicy food, remember..

Excuse me but the words 'easy' and 'home made cakes' never go together.

That's because the words "Twatty" and "Successful baking" don't mix. :naughty:

An 18 year old female homosexual who can't spell. :yay::mf_rosetinted:

Should be interesting..

But they do go together. I keep trying to tell you all. I find cakes so much easier to make than a slice for instance. Slice and me just don't work.

Oh, that reminds me, i have to write you out that cake recipe Kelz.

Yes, please.. I'm finishing off the last of the honey joys now.. :bleh:

They're a good "breakfast on the go" idea.. Since I'm never on time..

Awww. I do know how that feels. You've never seen photos of me from 3 years ago before I took up Karate.. :fisch:

Was it your blonde days? :naughty:

Btw, how did you lose the weight? Karate, or was it Crohn's?

As long as I can stomach it.. I can't eat spicy food, remember..

You can get lemon and herb chicken, chips without Peri-Peri seasoning and avoid the Peri-Peri sauce. But if you don't want to risk it we can find somewhere else. If so, do you and Soy want a restaurant-ish lunch or a take-away-ish lunch?

That's because the words "Twatty" and "Successful baking" don't mix. :naughty:

Oi, my cookies and biscuits are good. It's when I need to get things light-textured that's hard. :bleh:

Excuse me but the words 'easy' and 'home made cakes' never go together.

:roftl: Cakes are the only thing I can make.

It's probably Kings Carnival, as it was on the waterfront and did have a ferris wheel. I know it wasn't portable, but it seemed more portable than a theme park where there are large rides and concrete "attractions" (like the dinosaurs at one theme park down near Merimbula in NSW).

Oh and I'm not a stalker. I'm just curious

:naughty:

Awww. I do know how that feels. You've never seen photos of me from 3 years ago before I took up Karate..

Do you know what I want to do? (And have wanted to do for like 5 years straight) Make a beach volley ball team. I love beach volley ball and there is a place like 5 minutes away from me, damnit.

Oi, my cookies and biscuits are good. It's when I need to get things light-textured that's hard.

:insane: I can't make cookies at all. Just cakes.

Was it your blonde days? :naughty:

Btw, how did you lose the weight? Karate, or was it Crohn's?

Yep. But not the same year as those photos you have seen. :naughty:

And it was both actually..

When I started Karate I was in remission and weighed 76kg and was about size 14-16. After 9 months of it I was toned, size 12 and weighed 64kg. But then I got sick and lost more weight.

But I'm back to 66kg now (thanks steroids:thumbdown:) and I feel heavier because I'm not toned.

You can get lemon and herb chicken, chips without Peri-Peri seasoning and avoid the Peri-Peri sauce. But if you don't want to risk it we can find somewhere else. If so, do you and Soy want a restaurant-ish lunch or a take-away-ish lunch?

Sounds ok. I'll have to google the menu. And, I'd rather sit down to eat somewhere..

Oi, my cookies and biscuits are good. It's when I need to get things light-textured that's hard. :bleh:

:roftl: You need to beat the batter up more.

Last edited by SuperTwat : Today at 10:04 PM. Reason: The golden years the 70s, you wore a tie like Richard Gere, I wanna get down, you spin me around... crying at the discotheque
:lmfao: WTH is this??!!

Do you know what I want to do? (And have wanted to do for like 5 years straight) Make a beach volley ball team. I love beach volley ball and there is a place like 5 minutes away from me, damnit.

Then DO IT! It would be awesome.

Well I just had a marathon nanna nap session (about 3 and a half hours worth).

Now I feel slightly groggy yet refreshed and ready to deal with maccas craving drunks :punk:

I wish I lived close enough to harass you. :blush-anim-cl:

edit:

I'm not listening to INXS now..

*finds something more obscure for CD*

I wish I lived close enough to harass you. :blush-anim-cl:

edit:

I'm not listening to INXS now..

*finds something more obscure for CD*

I'd welcome the harrassment. Today is the first time I've worked an over when we have the actual inside of the store open to the drunks.

But there's two of us out the front, one for drive thru, and one for front counter, so its a bit better. And the other front girl and I get along, so it should be interesting :naughty:

(Oh and its one of the managers 2nd last shift, poor guy having to put up with me and Kate :naughty:)

you told me in your hotseat that you can't cook! Making cakes is cooking!

Making cakes in baking :doh::naughty::roftl:

And did I mention that cakes are the only thing I can make?

Then DO IT! It would be awesome.

:punk: I think I just might *runs off to recruit*

Making cakes in baking :doh::naughty::roftl:

And did I mention that cakes are the only thing I can make?

:punk: I think I just might *runs off to recruit*

I used to say the same thing. when I first got married i couldn't cook but I could bake. Luckily hubby could cook. But it has occurred to me that baking is just one sub-division of cooking.

I used to say the same thing. when I first got married i couldn't cook but I could bake. Luckily hubby could cook. But it has occurred to me that baking is just one sub-division of cooking.

Shush. Noncents. I can't cook :naughty:

Hey girls!

Have just rescued Mackenzie after she sprayed perfume in her eye (such a drama queen!) and now she is curled up on my lap making it extremely hard for me to type!

How's this- I had someone from 92.9 (our Austereo radio station) ring me cause I had made a couple of requests and he wanted me to intro some songs (embarassing cause I sounded dumb) anyway we got talking about Mika and he was saying not many people were requesting it (I put it down to the fact that they haven't actually played it really for anyone to even know about it!) but yeah, the dj's over here are a bit so-so about it, which really sucks......

It would also help if the shops actually got copies in of it so people could buy it.....