What's going on???

Rainbow

he is doing all of that for you!...the fans!

I have said that earlier and Christine told me that I shouldn't look at him as at to Mother Teresa :naughty:

BUt I understood that...Gooosh! and I am truly grateful and I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ALBUM!!!!

Besides...I've read the Elle article which blew my mind literally :roftl:

it was soooo cool and i truly can't wait for Saturday to see the vids, pics etc.

He's amazing!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!:wub2:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mika was someone I knew personally and interacted with on a regular basis, I'd be in a position to know what kind of person he is. I would be in a position to know if he started turning into a jerk or just seemed like he was because popularity puts people in a really awkward position. I'd be in a position to know and care if he started off sweet and changed.

He's a performer I'm fond of because his music expresses things that I can relate to and it makes me dance. I love that he's someone who seems genuine and accessible, I like to believe that's rooted in his personality. However, I don't know his personality. I wouldn't even if I met him and had a five minute conversation with him. I'd have a sense of what kind person he is, but I still wouldn't know him.

So, I don't have expectations of him beyond making good music. If he chooses to keep a blog, then I get a thrill feeling like I have a glimpse of what's behind the music. However, I can't let a sense of false intimacy allow me to think that I know him, which might then make me disappointed in rumors of behavior that I hear second and third hand. I'm a fan of his work, not a personal friend. Likewise, I don't listen to gossip and do my best to avoid spreading it if I am exposed.

The only thing that I would feel disappointed in him for would be if he created an album that was lyrically challenged, musically boring, and lacking in any artistic merit. Given things that he says about his music and the way that he works, I don't think he'll go down that road. I have a feeling that even if I don't connect with the next album as well as I did the first, I'll still respect the artistic merits of what he created.

As for his hair and his show and whatever other choices he makes, I think that he's an artist and it's completely up to him what he wants to create with the resources available to him. I think he's going to put on a great show wherever he plays.

I had a moment of worrying that commercial success might make him boring, but that's my distrust of money speaking. Some artists get more boring when they make more money. Other artists take that resource and use it to create things that blow my mind. I don't know which Mika will turn out to be, but given what he did on his first album, I think he's going to end up blowing our minds.

All that being said, he still strikes me as someone I would love to have for tea or take out for drinks and I wouldn't hesitate to welcome the opportunity if I got it. :punk:

I very much agree with you there. :thumb_yello:

I wasn't gonna post but I wanna say something I feel has been missed here....

MIKA IS DOING ALL OF THIS FOR YOU!!!!!!..his fans!!

ok what about that, mika himself said that he does this job for "himself"

because writing songs is the only way to survive....

i'm not saying he is doing that all for money.

but not all for fans too:thumb_yello:

sorry i can't express my feelings in english well,i hope you understand what i mean:blink:

Maybey it is just me but I still see the "old" MIKA that has always been there he is just showing that you can create what is inside your dreams if you have more money and experience you can just let those dreams expand to different levels.

I feel the same, although I've always looked at it the other way around. When I first saw Mika he was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, singing on a bare stage. I had never watched his interviews, didn't know a lot about his backstory or his ambitions.

But his voice and his charisma were so overpowering on that tiny stage I could see that he had superstar written all over him and there was no way he could be contained at that level for long. It's not so much that I can see the old Mika in him now, but I could see this new Mika in him right from the beginning.

The only thing that surprises me about this Parc des Princes show and the planned spectacle is that it all happened so quickly. But instead of finding it scary, I am in awe.

When this gig was first announced there were moaners and naysayers, saying he wasn't ready for this. Could never pull it off. I always believed he had it in him and I'm happy that his dream is about to come true.

ok what about that, mika himself said that he does this job for "himself"

because writing songs is the only way to survive....

i'm not saying he is doing that all for money.

but not all for fans too:thumb_yello:

sorry i can't express my feelings in english well,i hope you understand what i mean:blink:

I understand, and I also agree. I think that he's doing it for himself, and trying to do the best he can for the fans in the process.

What??? No!!!:shocked:

He can't have changed...:sad:

This must be just a one-off thing. I have visions of the camera cutting, and him jumping out of the shot, whiping off the make-up, messing up his hair, changing into converse and feeding his tamagotchi. :roftl:

Ok, I was never too keen on that whole tamagotchi thing or "super nerd" persona myself, I must admit.

I prefer the "normal" Mika if that makes sense:naughty:.

I kind of know what everyone talking about.

However, I think when he was new to the music industry, he perhaps, wasnt well, very proefessional. His concerts in skinnny green jeans and white t-shirts wiht cute kitch toys hanging form his neck, then you compare him wiht the next artist on stage who has a designer suit and shoes on. i think his cuteness and innocent look appealed to us all and made us think ' well at least hes not trying to 'fit in' or be anyone hes not'

Well, i thought that anyway :naughty:

So I think, when he got to grips with the music industry world and how its constantly changing, he obviously had to become a little bit more preofessional.

But honestly, dont worry about him. He's still the adorable, cute, kooky curly haired man we fell in love wiht in 2007 :bleh:

xxx

i fell in love with him and his concept of life in 2007 too.

Like i sad before... i don´t care if he changes a little bit.. it´s the way that the world grew up... and all of us.

Even the stones change every minute.

Mika... COME TO BRASIL!!!!

read this please ><

I understand, and I also agree. I think that he's doing it for himself, and trying to do the best he can for the fans in the process.

Ok, I was never too keen on that whole tamagotchi thing or "super nerd" persona myself, I must admit.

I prefer the "normal" Mika if that makes sense:naughty:.

It must be because I'm still quite young, and I like kinda toy-boy types:wub2:. Guess how old I am?

It must be because I'm still quite young, and I like kinda toy-boy types:wub2:. Guess how old I am?

No idea! How old are you then?

But I am 37 and I also like toyboys, in fact I prefer them close to 20 than to 30:roftl::roftl:

And I suspect that even when I am in my 40's, it will still be my preference. Hahaha no correcting that sort of thing:blush-anim-cl:

No idea! How old are you then?

But I am 37 and I also like toyboys, in fact I prefer them close to 20 than to 30:roftl::roftl:

And I suspect that even when I am in my 40's, it will still be my preference. Hahaha no correcting that sort of thing:blush-anim-cl:

I am 47 - and 24 is my ideal age for a guy!!! :mf_rosetinted:

Yes - I am am sad - but VERY happy!!!! :naughty:

:roftl:

And I'm joining the club of course!:punk:

I am 47 - and 24 is my ideal age for a guy!!! :mf_rosetinted:

24 is also my ideal age for a guy.. and in August 25 will be my ideal age for a guy instead :mf_rosetinted:

I am 47 - and 24 is my ideal age for a guy!!!

:roftl:

And I'm joining the club of course!:punk:

Aye, of course, we "know" what is good, he? Forget about those oldies and give us some hot young stuff:naughty:

24 is also my ideal age for a guy.. and in August 25 will be my ideal age for a guy instead :mf_rosetinted:

Hmmm...

See, I don't want to limit myself, so I just say "20's" and that covers everything:thumb_yello:

After I saw the video on the holding page on Mikasounds I started thinking that maybe I am not waiting for the second album that much.

Simply because in that video I saw a different Mika...he used to be known as the famous curly singer who hasn't got bitten by this whole thing of celebrity bug...and suddenly he changed!

I mean...no more Converse! Now is Louboutin and all these fancy names...he was talking about the website as if he was on a teleshopping programme or something.

Really I don't know if it's just me but I am really CONCERNED about him!

I don't want him to change! If he would change than this world will turn out to be truly hopeless.

I know he might feel like growing up but I don't think this mature look will suit him that well...

I feel like that thing with "I'm not doing this for money!" is not working for me anymore...(but who am I after all?:boxed:)

I'm sorry but I am worried about him, and Meeks if you are reading this I need to tell you something: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE! :emot-sad:

OK EVERYBODY!

Look, I'm really really really really sorry I've said something in the first place!!!

Don't be mad at me cause I really dont feel that well (PMS) and it makes me feel guilty about everything!!!

I'm so so so so so sorry!

I've had a good sleep after the sleepless night I went through and when I woke up I watched that video again and felt lot better about it

Is the same Mika I knew it's just me who had a bad day yesterday and caused me this misunderstanding!

you're kinda right. but he is a pop artist, what can we expect? he is getting bigger... u will see in a few more years if he still successful, you won't be able to even see him a bit after the concerts :bleh: anyways i will still like him no matter what. :mf_rosetinted: