What's going on???

Rainbow

Even if Mika isn't exactly what he claims to be, it's hardly gonna change the fact that he's an amazing artist :blink:

Considering the number of amazing artists out there, there's little left to make him special then.

Without all the claiming I wouldn't be here for sure :no:

And in spite of all the amazingness of his artistic/professional side I wouldn't have travelled to see his show more than once if I hadn't been so smitten with what I thought was his personality. Or maybe is part of his personality.

We will never know. Which can be good or bad. :naughty:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merci beaucoup!!!

do you what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna make a protest!!! I'll go to London find him and start protesting!!!:naughty:

You know in the end maybe it won't be that bad, he still can't drive...:bleh:

You see ...This One thing doesn't change...:naughty:

Well maybe we discover Mika on the right side... I mean maybe he become himself..... but I think we can trust in him, you don't have to be afraid.... really:thumb_yello:

Why do you tink he is changed?

I don't want money to make him anything else! (I don't blame him) I would have probably ran out of this bussines after my first million :naughty: the thing that he goes on writing another album is indeed appreciated!

I am scared that we might get to see him on Cribs one day presenting us his home which has 100 pools ,500 bathrooms, his room full of louboutin shoes and so on..:naughty:

But I trust him! He'll only show us 99 pools:naughty:

Can i give you a piece of advice, coming from an "adult" point of view ? ( God, i hate that word, though...)

When i was a teenager, i felt exaclty the same as you do, Rainbow : didn't want anything to change, didn't want to move from my childhood flat, didn't want my best friend to move to the south of France, didn't want my parents to grow old... we all feel that, it's natural.

But things just evolve, that's the way life goes... You can't avoid it, you must learn to evolve too. It doesn't mean you give up things you believed in, that's where Mika comes in : When you first heard of him, he was 23, his was just coming out of his own childhood and most of his songs were talking about that. Of course lots of teenagers could relate to things he expressed, cause even if life had been pretty hard on him in some ways, the subjects of his songs still were quite universal.

Now he's a bit older, his adult life has really begun, his work is acclaimed by the entire world (i like to write that !!! ) of course he's bound to evolve, because his life has changed !! It's probably a bit frightening for him too, although i suppose it's mainly exciting, but he adapts to the situation. Which doesn't mean he's not a nice guy anymore !! :wink2:

What i'm trying to say is : don't expect him to stay the same forever, he's not a doll sitting on the mantelpiece. He's a human being, and a pretty creative one !! Lots of people here said he had been some sort of role model for accepting themselves as they were and dealing with childhood difficulties. So now, instead of regretting the "old Mika", if that makes any sense, why not take him as a role model of evolution ?

d*amn, i wrote a novel, sorry about that :bleh:

I don't want money to make him anything else! (I don't blame him) I would have probably ran out of this bussines after my first million :naughty: the thing that he goes on writing another album is indeed appreciated!

I am scared that we might get to see him on Cribs one day presenting us his home which has 100 pools ,500 bathrooms, his room full of louboutin shoes and so on..:naughty:

But I trust him! He'll only show us 99 pools:naughty:

Sorry, but the part about the pools sounds for me like you're saying he'll only show us a little bit of himself. I don't want to start a fight or something, that's just how that sounds to me. Sorry if you don't mean that..:wink2:

After I saw the video on the holding page on Mikasounds I started thinking that maybe I am not waiting for the second album that much.

Simply because in that video I saw a different Mika...he used to be known as the famous curly singer who hasn't got bitten by this whole thing of celebrity bug...and suddenly he changed!

I mean...no more Converse! Now is Louboutin and all these fancy names...he was talking about the website as if he was on a teleshopping programme or something.

Really I don't know if it's just me but I am really CONCERNED about him!

I don't want him to change! If he would change than this world will turn out to be truly hopeless.

I know he might feel like growing up but I don't think this mature look will suit him that well...

I feel like that thing with "I'm not doing this for money!" is not working for me anymore...(but who am I after all?:boxed:)

I'm sorry but I am worried about him, and Meeks if you are reading this I need to tell you something: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE! :no::protest::emot-sad:

I feel the same way too.I like him for both his music AND personality,if he ever changes (as a whole),I'll be very heart-broken despite being his fan for only 6 months.His attitude is very natural and some of his quotes may be funny but very inspirational if we really come to judge it deeply.Yet,i won't jump into conclusions so quickly,unless he decides to rap and wear all the bling blings :roftl:

Considering the number of amazing artists out there, there's little left to make him special then.

Without all the claiming I wouldn't be here for sure :no:

And in spite of all the amazingness of his artistic/professional side I wouldn't have travelled to see his show more than once if I hadn't been so smitten with what I thought was his personality. Or maybe is part of his personality.

We will never know. Which can be good or bad. :naughty:

Well I think you know how I feel about it all, I mainly added the last part because I don't want to always be the mean one :boxed: Nah we'll never know, but it seems we see more and more of the side of him that I don't really like as much. Anyway I've brought this up time and again for more than a year and it always ends with everyone escaping back into the lollipop world and me standing as the mean bully outside. And I so wanna join them all in there, it's so much nicer :crybaby:

Can i give you a piece of advice, coming from an "adult" point of view ? ( God, i hate that word, though...)

When i was a teenager, i felt exaclty the same as you do, Rainbow : didn't want anything to change, didn't want to move from my childhood flat, didn't want my best friend to move to the south of France, didn't want my parents to grow old... we all feel that, it's natural.

But things just evolve, that's the way life goes... You can't avoid it, you must learn to evolve too. It doesn't mean you give up things you believed in, that's where Mika comes in : When you first heard of him, he was 23, his was just coming out of his own childhood and most of his songs were talking about that. Of course lots of teenagers could relate to things he expressed, cause even if life had been pretty hard on him in some ways, the subjects of his songs still were quite universal.

Now he's a bit older, his adult life has really begun, his work is acclaimed by the entire world (i like to write that !!! ) of course he's bound to evolve, because his life has changed !! It's probably a bit frightening for him too, although i suppose it's mainly exciting, but he adapts to the situation. Which doesn't mean he's not a nice guy anymore !! :wink2:

What i'm trying to say is : don't expect him to stay the same forever, he's not a doll sitting on the mantelpiece. He's a human being, and a pretty creative one !! Lots of people here said he had been some sort of role model for accepting themselves as they were and dealing with childhood difficulties. So now, instead of regretting the "old Mika", if that makes any sense, why not take him as a role model of evolution ?

d*amn, i wrote a novel, sorry about that :bleh:

Thank you! that's really nice!

you're right in so many ways!!!

You can call me Bianca!

Sorry, but the part about the pools sounds for me like you're saying he'll only show us a little bit of himself. I don't want to start a fight or something, that's just how that sounds to me. Sorry if you don't mean that..:wink2:

NO FIGHT!!!:no:no:no:

we're friends right?:wink2:

what I meant is that he won't have 100 pools, he'll have only 99 which isn't that much of a difference!

sorry if i didn't make myself understandable!...it's ok to ask for an explanation:bleh:!

I agree with Kata to some extent although I don't think his initial image was a total sham. I think he was just working within his resources at the time.

I remember a few people voicing similar concerns when they saw the MTV Awards. Saying that the elaborate set and performance was not "Mikaish". But I think it was more Mikaish than anything he had done up to that point.

When I first saw Mika he was wearing Converse, skinny jeans and a t-shirt and he just sort of danced around a little bit on a bare stage. Because he couldn't afford the elaborate sets and costumes that he's probably been dreaming of creating since he was a teenager. There was no room on the stage for him to dance and run around. He couldn't hire backup singers or bring horns and strings with him.

But even on that night things began to change as Mika donned a rented animal costume for the first time to perform Lollipop. I think Mika has been working since day one to bring his wild imagination to fruition on the stage and he cannot do it alone or even just using the resources of his family. I am not surprised that he is hiring set and clothes designers to help make it happen now that he can afford it and the size of the event dictates it.

I don't think Mika is driven by money in the sense that he wants to live in a huge mansion and drive around in a pimped out Escalade. But I'm sure he is driven to get the resources to make the kind of shows he's always wanted to put on and make his life more comfortable when he's on the road.

I am not too crazy about this stiff Mika either. As his performances have stepped up he seems to be entirely too preoccupied with scripting and timing everything so that it all flows without a pause or a hitch and now he's doing it on the video as well. I wish he could find a better balance between his spontaneous self and the great showman he has become. But you know, he's barely 2 years into being a performer and living under public scrutiny so I'm not panicking just yet.

I think Mika is good the way he is, because he just is Mika. "I'm gonna be myself times a hundred!" Mika is just... himself. Maybe, we don't know, did he finally became himself.. I don't care. He is famous, maybe that is pushing him to become another person. Honestly I didn't even see he's changed, maybe he isn't. Maybe he is just an human, like us! Why do you tink he is changed? I don't think he's changed so much, I change every day a little bit, and maybe Mika does the same. Maybe he listens to his feelings, to his heart, to his soul. I do that. Why Mika not? He is just an humen like everyone!

I just wanted to say that. Why don't we trust him anymore? I do. I trust him. And I'll always trust him, cause I listen to my heart. I listen to what my heart is trying to tell me.

Mika, if you read this, I trust you, and I love you. I love you like I would love a brother. Just listen to your heart, to your feelings. Just be yourself.

amen :thumb_yello:

NO FIGHT!!!:no:no:no:

we're friends right?:wink2:

what I meant is that he won't have 100 pools to show us he'll have onle 99 which isn't that much of a difference!

sorry if i didn't make myself understandable!...it's ok to ask for an explanation:bleh:!

Of course we are friends! The whole mfc is friends with each other, I hope! :wink2:

I can't make myself understandable, cause my english isn't very good.. But I'll try! :naughty:

Dat ook weer niet, maar ik typte impulsief. :mf_rosetinted::wink2: I didn't know what I was writing untill I really wrote it.. :roftl:

I would have typed something similar :bleh::thumb_yello:

And I liked to say Amen to that piece you typed :naughty:

saved me a lot of typing :naughty:

Of course we are friends! The whole mfc is friends with each other, I hope! :wink2:

I can't make myself understandable, cause my english isn't very good.. But I'll try! :naughty:

Hi5!!! we're friends all right!

I would like to thank you all for being soo supportive and for bringing me back on the ground!

apparentely I panic to fast and it has no point!

Mika isn't Santa he's a man and he needs to evolve indeed...I guess I'll put those black thoughts away, go listen to LICM the nth time, rebuild my trust in Mika and wait to be surprised by the man with his evolution!!!

maybe everything will be better than I'll ever imagine!!

Let's hope for the best!!!!

thank you all once again and a big hug!!!! for everyone:wub2:

I think it's normal for artists to change, would you prefer to see a new album which is kinda similair to Licm? I mean, it was a good album...good...it was amazing. But it's healty to change, and I'm happy Mika is changing

I don't think you should worry just yet. Just because he's changed some of his wardrobe doesn't mean he's changed as a person.

I agree with you two!:thumb_yello:

welcome to the real world

No, I'm not actually trying to be rude and sarcastic here, I just think this is the real Mika. His whole fluffy lollipop world was just another way to sell things. I don't think he changed, I just think he knew that the dork next door image would sell better than the spoilt rich boy image :fisch:

You are sooooooo out of the point....you're sooooooooo wrong.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I hope we're all into friends here too! :)

I would like to thank you all for being soo supportive and for bringing me back on the ground!

apparentely I panic to fast and it has no point!

Mika isn't Santa he's a man and he needs to evolve indeed...I guess I'll put those black thoughts away, go listen to LICM the nth time, rebuild my trust in Mika and wait to be surprised by the man with his evolution!!!

maybe everything will be better than I'll ever imagine!!

Let's hope for the best!!!!

thank you all once again and a big hug!!!! for everyone:wub2:

I hope you feel better!!! :thumb_yello:

Well I think you know how I feel about it all, I mainly added the last part because I don't want to always be the mean one :boxed: Nah we'll never know, but it seems we see more and more of the side of him that I don't really like as much. Anyway I've brought this up time and again for more than a year and it always ends with everyone escaping back into the lollipop world and me standing as the mean bully outside. And I so wanna join them all in there, it's so much nicer :crybaby:

2985_184420_250.jpg

connie_45.gif

Maybe in the end it even doesn't matter so much what is real and what is fake but what we make of it. connie_31.gif